smut infestation

I've been here for some time. I read fairly regularly and haven't had any issues finding new novels. that is until recently. it's not that there are no new works. its just that the majority of what i find is smut. if i filter out smut I only find novels that haven't been updates in months. it wasn't always been like this. honestly it's only recently that it has gotten this bad.

is this just my imagination or has anyone else noticed something similar in their favorite genre/s.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Yeah, I've seen it too. Though I usually pick a genre and go by word count if I'm going to read something, I've been able to avoid it. That said, you are correct about the lack of newly updated non-smut novels. They are still out there but they're so new that there are only a few chapters.

I haven't, though if I search for something I tend to sort them by word count because I've found out that views are not really a great way to sort through stuff.
i search by last update with a minimum of about 10k words. i try to look for new stuff with a bit of commitment from the author. unfortunately there's been less and less lately. at least that's what I'm seeing

Jamminrabbit

Either you're filtering wrong or you are an active smut reading hypocrite.

Here's a filter criteria I made. There are 10 stories that updated within the past hour that have 10k+ words or more.
1677200340341.png
1677200346549.png

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
My release filter is working wonders thank you very much.

Edit: this comment has nothing to do with the comment above.

Last edited:
Either you're filtering wrong or you are an active smut reading hypocrite.

Here's a filter criteria I made. There are 10 stories that updated within the past hour that have 10k+ words or more. View attachment 17347View attachment 17348
oh im talking about my personal experience. i have filters and tags selected which narrows things down a lot. im not saying there are no non-smut novels. im saying there are much less than before.
Maybe in the past few years, amateur writing had a boost from pandemic and now it's gone?
this makes a lot of sense

Jamminrabbit

oh im talking about my personal experience. i have filters and tags selected which narrows things down a lot. im not saying there are no non-smut novels. im saying there are much less than before.
If your filter criteria is too restrictive, that sounds like a you problem for being too picky. That's like me going to a grocery store expecting to find dragonfruit, not seeing any dragonfruit, and pointing to the full apple section and saying there's too many damn apples.

There's also a good chance most people aren't adding enough tags to enter your filtered search, and stories who added smut genre for the sake of baiting readers when they don't have much smut getting filtered out.

If your filter criteria is too restrictive, that sounds like a you problem for being too picky. That's like me going to a grocery store expecting to find dragonfruit, not seeing any dragonfruit, and pointing to the full apple section and saying there's too many damn apples.

There's also a good chance most people aren't adding enough tags to enter your filtered search, and stories who added smut genre for the sake of baiting readers when they don't have much smut getting filtered out.
I'm not disagreeing with you. my restrictive search criteria hasn't changed, but the quantity and quality of novels did. that's why I'm asking if anyone is seeing similar results.

TotallyHuman

I usually go to rrl for new stories to read. People may say what they want about their audience and what not, but higher quality ongoing and completed stories there are easier to find than here. As for here, well I usually check stories on a case by case basis, regardless of genre, so it doesn't bother me whether there is too much smut or not.

BlackKnightX

Of course. What do you think the predominant demographic on this site is?