Some jarring thing I found in Transmigration stories

There's this scenario when someone died and transmigrated into a body of someone that's just died: from poisoning, brutal murder or so.

It kinda irks me that the MC just got off like nothing happened in the first place, when normally, after the original body suffer such incident, it wouldn't be able to sustain vital functions.

If the original body end up dying, the Transmigrator shouldn't be able to get up in the first place, unless there's an explanation like the God or System had restored the vitality to a bare minimum.

In all of the stories I read so far, no such explanation are given, which kinda broke my disbelief, and how people just 'well it's magic, I don't need explaining shit.'

What do you guys feel aout this? It might be a bit nitpicky on my part, but what do you guys think would be a believable Transmigration scenario?

ChubbyLiv

I never stumbled upon such a scenario before. :blob_frown: If yes, the MC usually had to deal with the aftermath of the injured body.

Nanakawaichan

There's this scenario when someone died and transmigrated into a body of someone that's just died: from poisoning, brutal murder or so.

It kinda irks me that the MC just got off like nothing happened in the first place, when normally, after the original body suffer such incident, it wouldn't be able to sustain vital functions.

If the original body end up dying, the Transmigrator shouldn't be able to get up in the first place, unless there's an explanation like the God or System had restored the vitality to a bare minimum.

In all of the stories I read so far, no such explanation are given, which kinda broke my disbelief, and how people just 'well it's magic, I don't need explaining shit.'

What do you guys feel aout this? It might be a bit nitpicky on my part, but what do you guys think would be a believable Transmigration scenario?
Because they only transmigrated his soul? Or his consciousness?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

If it was poison of physical trauma that killed them, yeah. But i once read a story where the original guy died from exhaustion due to sex and his vitality being drained by a evil cultivator woman. So if its to that level i just dont mind it.

But yeah, of they die frm wounds its weird. I think once i read a story where the system actually did have to heal the body to an extent. Some cultivators heal the body thselves too before their souls enter. Its rare but it happens

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
i've read a few translated novels where the transmigrator actually had to go through healing and recovery before they could do serious shit.

The 'tripped and hit their head' or 'ended up in a pond but was rescued' and it's sometimes associated 'suffered a high fever and delirium' i find are more believable because they do sound theoretically plausible.

When there are serious injuries involved and suddenly they're all fine and healthy with no explanation or plausible reason is where i scratch my head

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

They are playing with the trope of some guy dying then got revived, most of the stories I read had the guy dying of poison, exhaustion, or cultivation accident, most of it having people to help them heal in the first place.
Like a stupid young master who got poisoned, then his family actually get the doctor to cure him, has the SYM dying for a moment before the heartbeat is back, that is when the souls got swapped.
Or when they got into an accident and they got into a coma, it is expected that there are some forces at the back helping the OG body to heal and stay alive for the MC to do soul snatching.

I never stumbled upon such a scenario before. :blob_frown: If yes, the MC usually had to deal with the aftermath of the injured body.

Because they only transmigrated his soul? Or his consciousness?

what i found jarring is that the transmigrated body shouldn't be able to sustain a life, but the body seem to get 'insta-revive- when the MC's soul went in.

They are playing with the trope of some guy dying then got revived, most of the stories I read had the guy dying of poison, exhaustion, or cultivation accident, most of it having people to help them heal in the first place.
Like a stupid young master who got poisoned, then his family actually get the doctor to cure him, has the SYM dying for a moment before the heartbeat is back, that is when the souls got swapped.
Or when they got into an accident and they got into a coma, it is expected that there are some forces at the back helping the OG body to heal and stay alive for the MC to do soul snatching.

i guess in my case i hadn't read it enough to know the parts where they got healed, or it's just an afterthought in the story.

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
what i found jarring is that the transmigrated body should be a corpse in some scenarios, but the body seem to get 'insta-revive- when the MC's soul went in.

i guess in my case i hadn't read it enough to know the parts where they got healed, or it's just an afterthought in the story.
To be honest, half the times they don't even bother to put them down, because they just expects the audience to know that the reason they are still alive is because someone is not willing to let them die, too bad because the original soul has already being cuckoo-ed

To be honest, half the times they don't even bother to put them down, because they just expects the audience to know that the reason they are still alive is because someone is not willing to let them die, too bad because the original soul has already being cuckoo-ed

yeah, in this scenario, it's like they deliberately sacrifice a poor soul save their body, just to create a stage for the mc.

i get it that someone is deliberately letting them live but i never read that far (until their reveal, if there's any), since i would prolly be dropping the story long before.

they didn't even explain the soul switching either, why must it be that guy? why must it be the mc? but i guess most readers didn't care as long it gave them their wish-fulfillment power fantasy.

all in all, it probably didn't matter as long it gave the power fantasy i want. i just wanted to nitpick something.

Last edited:

Arkus86

The few times I have seen transmigration like this, it was usually either
along the lines that the original person drowned, their body was quickly recovered, appropriate medical aid was administered, but who woke up was the transmigrator,
or the transmigrator woke up in another person's body, without any explanaion what happened to the original person.
In some cases, there are indications that the two souls merged together, with the transmigrator emerging as the dominant part, or only retaining some of the originals memories/feelings/personality.

Elohimiel

Here's another thing: why is a transmigrated mc's reaction to being isekai'd so lackluster? It feels like they just streamrolled with it and forget about it a couple of chapters or so

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Here's another thing: why is a transmigrated mc's reaction to being isekai'd so lackluster? It feels like they just streamrolled with it and forget about it a couple of chapters or so
Cuz it is so overly saturated in the mainstream WN/ LN that if either one of us in NU or SH gets isekaied, we will just roll with it while checking for the genre.

fullbios

Oh crap... I've read tons of story like that but.. I've never second guessed it!... damn!

ShyMaskedMan

If it was poison of physical trauma that killed them, yeah. But i once read a story where the original guy died from exhaustion due to sex and his vitality being drained by a evil cultivator woman. So if its to that level i just dont mind it.

But yeah, of they die frm wounds its weird. I think once i read a story where the system actually did have to heal the body to an extent. Some cultivators heal the body thselves too before their souls enter. Its rare but it happens
ahhh... that title... I don't realize it until you mention it.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
That's a good point you brought up. Transmigrating into the body of a person who died, but not suffering from the physical repercussions of the ill body.

In my story there is a transmigration, but the body in question was in a coma. So when the person transmigrates they don't have to deal with severe physical pain. However, my transmigrator has to deal with physical weakness and lack of coordination. Having a completely new body and just waking up from a comatose period they need to undergo rehabilitation because they cannot walk. They need around 3 weeks before they are able to confidently move unassisted.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Mmmmmm, never read something like that, so I don't really have an opinion to give... I'm more used to the trope of someone dying, reincarnating without past memories, getting hit in the head by anything, and then remembering all past life memories and stuff... And in those it's just a hit in the head, so... No big deal.