Something I noticed

Darkwood

Because it’s a place that doesn’t use algorithms to not show most sexual stuff on the front page maybe?

steve2116

It depends on what you are searching for. Romance will contain a lot of BL, mature will contain a lot of ecchi and smut, but action won’t contain much.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
The answer is to join the yuri revolution, obviously~! :blob_paint:

More seriously... Maybe it's because of the age group of people writing, or because many people came from NU to Scribble Hub?

FortySixtyFour

My story's none of those, and seeing the front page does have me wondering if I should keep bothering to post, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree putting my fic here.

TLCsDestiny

My stories might have smut but there is plot! (Wants to defend myself except...This is all I can really state at the moment! My poem book is probably got the least amount of smut, or none at all! 'Compelled Substitution' only has one smut chapter! 'Doomed and Blessed' I think only has two smut chapters...'Anonym' maybe two, as well as 'Duplicate!!' has one...I think, oh atm 'Omega' has no smut! Mmm....I think the others have more smut though...Sigh)

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Is it just me or most of the novels here on scribble hub are one or more of the following
  • Ecchi
  • Smut
  • Boy's love (though i dont see these anymore thanks to finding tag filter)
What I notice is:
  • Isekai
  • Gender Bender
  • BL
As the most common genres I see on the front page.

xane

I don't think I have a single smut story in my reading list, though I have a few in my dropped list. Most have ecchi as well because sex does sell and unlike some heavily censored CN, KR, or JP stories they don't gloss over the relationships or delay any pairing until the end. None of the stories in my reading list are there for sex scenes.

I don't generally look at the front page for trending/new novels often, mostly because of what you've mentioned. I click on one with an interesting title, read the summary, and then see it has a Yaoi or Female Protagonist. Those are just instant deal breakers for me because the few I've tried to read always have such douche bag, cock sure, persistent Male Leads. Maybe it's my own denial in believing that's what is looked for in a partner but it just takes me out of the story immediately.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Using the series finder, I get 8 pages of results for Ecchi or Smut or BL out of a total of 47 page results, which means about 17% of the novels are those, so I wouldn't say most of them are.
(doing the same thing for isekai or gender bender or BL gives me 19 out of 47)

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Is it just me or most of the novels here on scribble hub are one or more of the following
  • Ecchi
  • Smut
You know I never really read things tagged smut. Cuz I have mainly only known smut to be badly written in terms of sex scenes. Sure there has to be good ones but it's a turn off for me now.

Kotohood

Noob Author
  • Ecchi
  • Smut
Really now? Cause most of it that I see is Yuri and Isekai and gender bender lol.

sage61

I've banned all BL/GL from my list and the first thing I look at when I clicked on an interesting cover from NU front page is the tags. Only when I see no BL tag, I scroll down to the summary.

Ninetailed_Furball

17% is BL O.o
I was gonna make a joke that half the stories here were BL, but I thought the actual number was going to be closer to 10%.

Kinda sad how rare Yuri seems to be on this site in comparison. I wanna fix that, but not sure if I have the skill to do it justice.

Also that list @NiQuinn While I'm not surprised that my story is basically two of the three, it is kinda weird.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
17% is BL O.o
I don't think that's the case. I think 17% of all the stories are either bl OR Smut OR Ecchi (so either one of those or maybe a mixture) if I read that right. There are only 4 pages in the BL genre (81 stories atm) anyway so it really is closer to the 10%. In fact, it's not even quite there yet. Otherwise, Scribble Hub would really be too small o.o

Edit: I just looked it up and Girls Love has listed 43 stories so it's about halfway there.

Ninetailed_Furball

Oh I see. I read that wrong it seems.
Your number sounds much more like what I expected.

GL still needs some more love though.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
17% is BL O.o
I was gonna make a joke that half the stories here were BL, but I thought the actual number was going to be closer to 10%.

Kinda sad how rare Yuri seems to be on this site in comparison. I wanna fix that, but not sure if I have the skill to do it justice.

Also that list @NiQuinn While I'm not surprised that my story is basically two of the three, it is kinda weird.

If you do decide to give GL a try, you can visit the Yuri Writing Help Room~! You can ask any questions you need to or ask for feedback on writing there. https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/the-yuri-writing-help-room-18.754/page-2