Submit a character for my upcoming reader-interactive story!

C_P_Tuck

Every great story needs an author
Maybe think about idioms, stories or ideas, aka make characters out of memes.
Like "standing under a bad star" but Nowhere Star already took the idea...
Maybe a character based upon the idea of the ship of Theseus?
The issue isn't that I can't think up some characters, it's that I want readers and other people as invested as possible. It's going to be a reader-interactive story after all.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
That's fair. But if this dry spell continues, feel free to throw more at me :D
Sure, here is another one. I noticed that most characters are combat-focused, so here is another archetype for you to play around with.

Character Real Name: Jun
Character Player Name: Jun
What do they look like in game?

A boring-looking half-elf, on the nerdier side with large round framed glass, and scholarly outfit. He looks dime a dozen, and his skills are rather average.
What kind of gamer are they?
Some kind of paladin class, but with the oath of history, or something equivalent. A lore hunter, who knows every tidbit of obscured lore or information, and prefers to go and dig around a ruin site for hidden lore. Responsible for discovering many hidden dungeons, quests, and stories, and even predicting a few new bosses and regions of a few expansion updates through hints and clues not many people know of.
Are they the type to join a guild, party up when needed, or go solo?
Belong to a small guild of lore hunters, whose primary objective is to discover the true story of the game. They often sell their discovery to larger guilds (hidden dungeons, quests, or info about future updates in exchange for cash or something)
(You can even make them a hidden speakeasy or tavern with hidden room, the info-brokers of the game)

C_P_Tuck

Sure, here is another one. I noticed that most characters are combat-focused, so here is another archetype for you to play around with.

Character Real Name: Jun
Character Player Name: Jun
A boring-looking half-elf, on the nerdier side with large round framed glass, and scholarly outfit. He looks dime a dozen, and his skills are rather average.
Some kind of paladin class, but with the oath of history, or something equivalent. A lore hunter, who knows every tidbit of obscured lore or information, and prefers to go and dig around a ruin site for hidden lore. Responsible for discovering many hidden dungeons, quests, and stories, and even predicting a few new bosses and regions of a few expansion updates through hints and clues not many people know of.
Belong to a small guild of lore hunters, whose primary objective is to discover the true story of the game. They often sell their discovery to larger guilds (hidden dungeons, quests, or info about future updates in exchange for cash or something)
(You can even make them a hidden speakeasy or tavern with hidden room, the info-brokers of the game)
I love it! Every game needs lore seekers!

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Character Real Name: Sonia Nizari

Character Player Name: Resonantia

She looks like a normal women with black hair and is relatively tall, she has bat ears (and maybe more bat features), she was born blind and relied mostly on sound, because of that she wears mostly a blindfold.

In-game she is a reactive attacker (except when she uses honing missiles), she uses darkness magic or fog to cover the vision of the enemy, when she has located the enemy with her echo location or simply heard them, she silently stalks/teleports behind them for a stealthy attack or aim with magic/gun at them.

She is a mercenary/assassin, would join a mercenary/assassin guild but remain solo (in combat), mainly because her fighting style is a hinderance for teammates too.

C_P_Tuck

Character Real Name: Sonia Nizari

Character Player Name: Resonantia

She looks like a normal women with black hair and is relatively tall, she has bat ears (and maybe more bat features), she was born blind and relied mostly on sound, because of that she wears mostly a blindfold.

In-game she is a reactive attacker (except when she uses honing missiles), she uses darkness magic or fog to cover the vision of the enemy, when she has located the enemy with her echo location or simply heard them, she silently stalks/teleports behind them for a stealthy attack or aim with magic/gun at them.

She is a mercenary/assassin, would join a mercenary/assassin guild but remain solo (in combat), mainly because her fighting style is a hinderance for teammates too.
Yasss sneaky bat girl

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
Character Real Name: Shyla Galen

Character Player Name: Noodles

A smol fox girl with black hair and violet eyes. (Small=better stealth capabilities- decreases natural intimidation)

What kind of gamer are they? (playstyle, gear style, etc) She is a Cleric who wears ninja clothes. She loves cute fluffy/soft critters, and will go to great lengths to befriend and/or mofu them all!!!~

She is also a glutton, and is interested in all the flavors she can experience~

Furthermore, she is not interested in violence, and is only playing for fun and an adventure~

(Playstyle of a steathy healer, confusing enemies with how their foes are just not dying~)

Since small critters are typically skittish, she will go solo in order to increase her chances of encountering them when not teamed up with anyone.

In order to progress, she will offer her services as an oddball quirky healer!~

[Edit]: The user name is for comedic purposes~

Just imagine everyone's reactions- "Oh, Zack went to get Noodles to heal the village leader's daughter."

Or... "The guild master has been poisoned!!! Someone go fetch Noodles!!!"

Last edited:

Notadate

Character Real Name: Jolt Flintlock

Character Player Name:
GUN

Bronze skin human. He wears blacksmith garb and has straw in his mouth constantly. Black hair, and goggles around the neck.

What kind of gamer are they? Gun. Makes em.

Solo

“Sup kid.”

”Watcha want?”

”A gun can not be miss-treated!”

”You gone did it now.”

”Feeling down son?”

”Holy sheeeeeet, where ya’ get that! Hand it!“

“Hmmm, that’s a tough one.” Humph “I’ll get back to you on that.”

”Can you get out of my shop” Drops a gun, “YOUR DEAD!” Whips a gun out and starts blasting.

”Hmmm interesting. Did you bring the metal?”

Bro makes custom guns irl.

Mellow and chill. Somber tone. Super interested in guns.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Everyone needs an all-rounder!
Also, I forgot to add this. About whether he'll join a guild or not, as long as he has immense FREEEEDOOOOOMMM, he will join a guild or dip alone.
YOU READ ME FRIEND, YASSS

Extremely close to racism
I agree. He's racist to human kind.
The issue isn't that I can't think up some characters, it's that I want readers and other people as invested as possible. It's going to be a reader-interactive story after all.
I gotchu mah frend. Let me compress my brain and create a non-combat character.

D

Deleted member 133647

Character Real Name:
Character Player Name:
(please note that I write humans and humanoids. small affectations are welcome, but nothing that changes their movement or physicality too much. Cat/Dog girls/boys, and the like)
What kind of gamer are they? (playstyle, gear style, etc)

RN: Eliza Jean
CPN: RicardoJuanTheThird
As big as a character can get in game so like a 6'7, 7 foot tall man with a big ole bushy beard.
Think before you act player, type to scour forums to find what to exploit

Party up when needed.

GoodPerson

Here's one:

Character Real Name: Roy Sanchez
Character Player Name: Thatoneexplorer
He's a human and looks similar to the wandering trader from Minecraft. He also excels at criticizing nearly everything. But, he knows what people call limit. Aka, he knows the extent of his criticism. He will never surpass the line of insult, or at least trying not to. He is sarcastic, yes. Oftentimes, he uses meme references to picture a moment that is currently happening or has happened or will happen. Yes, he's a memer. A broadminded memer. He likes satire and will definitely make a joke about anything ironic or sarcastic.

In short, he's a curious explorer who wants to go on an adventure and seek lore behind any games or anything that has a story. And also very sarcastic, clumsy, and a memer.

For instance:

He stumbles upon a temple among the trees of a jungle. He enters the temple and finds an interestingly shaped rock. It intrigues his mind and he approaches the rock. Examining it closer, the weapon status window is still not automatically open, even if he's holding it in front of his face, ridiculously close.

"Examine." He says, trying to open the weapon status manually. To his expectation, nothing happens, just like any other interesting stuff at first sight before the true reveal.

*Tick!*

A noise came from the rock, it startled him. But at last, the weapon window is finally open.

What he sees and finds out first is that his fate is sealed into a bad one. Because the name of the rock is:

"Landmine"

With the following description:

"This is a rock-shaped landmine. Do not trick yourself into thinking you can kick this rock nor touch it. Because, once you hear a tick, you are bound to explode with the rock."

"Oh, for f*ck sake."

*BOOM!*

*Howard Stark getting knocked away scene*

"What kind of Dark Soul's nor Skyrim's bullshit is this??!"

Are they the type to join a guild, party up when needed, or go solo? He most likely will go solo. But, if the place he will visit is dangerous for him alone, then he prefer to have allies. Either joining a party or a guild.

Keep in mind though, he doesn't like conflicts. Hence why he will never join a guild and prefer to stay neutral. And he got a reward for that.

No one dares to attack or hurt him, because he's one hell of an informant.

He's the best at collecting information and has multiple connections with nobles and big guilds. If he's hurt, then everyone will be mad at the attacker. Because no one wants to lose a free famous and highly trustworthy informant.

Last edited:

C_P_Tuck

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm loving all these character submissions! I contracted a rather nasty cold that's laid me out the past two days, so I haven't even had the strength to get up. I'm still mid-recovery, but I'm at least conscious.

So while the start of the story may be pushed back a few days, I'm still taking in new characters! Keep firing away!

The boss want more warm bodies to fill the ranks.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
moar great characters! yes please!

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Tag me when story goes live boi

GoodPerson

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I'm loving all these character submissions! I contracted a rather nasty cold that's laid me out the past two days, so I haven't even had the strength to get up. I'm still mid-recovery, but I'm at least conscious.

So while the start of the story may be pushed back a few days, I'm still taking in new characters! Keep firing away!

moar great characters! yes please!
Same as Luoir, tag me too when the story goes live.

Also, I've created a new non-combative character. Check it out.

C_P_Tuck

Tag me when story goes live boi
I definitely will!
Same as Luoir, tag me too when the story goes live.

Also, I've created a new non-combative character. Check it out.
I've already got the first two chapters up on my Author's Discord, and the opinions seem promising :). Let's hope more people agree :blob_cookie: