System involving novels(Original novels vs Fanfictions)

In what type of story would you prefer the protagonist be granted access to a system?

• Fanfictions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I personally avoid systems only because they are overused and are usually tedious, forgotten after a few chapters, OP without equal compensation, or incomprehensible. However, if I had to choose, I would rather a system be used in an original novel over a fanfic.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Actually seeing another households and how they raise they children in the same range of your economic level is a good idea to see which method is practical and which one isn't.

Take a look at those successful parent and the one that have prodigious kids that have won many contest, or the one parent that you actually admire.

It's better to not really listen to the advice they say by just meeting until you actually visit them to see how they do their everyday lives, because seeing how different they tackle everyday issues is far more useful and eye opening than just listening/reading their words in books/interview, which usually amount to nothing bullshit if taken without context.

Or maybe visit psychologist and parenting professional that have title they can lose if they do something stupid, not some shitty workshop filled with ads of another workshop and other book ads etc. The more dodgy ad and consumerism ad the worse they're.

Parenting book can only tell so much while shows nearly nothing, especially when buying a discount book or book with just thought and no research. Those boon were in discount for a reason, try to find whether it's a good reason or the bad reason.

Especially one your child is starting into the Elementary school level, your social skill is going to be tested by your kid who've been encountered and interacting with 10-30+ random kid in their school, and you're only interacted less than 3-5 people you know while only side glanced the 5 rest and didn't bat an eye to the 10 rest.

And it will get worse in middle school upwards, your kids already interacted with up-to-date 30++ kids from random background and circumstances, although it also depend on who's the target market of the school you choose.

And high school, you need to talk about university they would like to choose. Social interaction is hell, pretty much everything in TikTok is made by and targeting mid schooler or highscholer. It's practically tip-toe-ing the whole teenage social trap nightmare while getting high score to get the university they dreamed.

The book from 5 year ago won't be much use as they won't show any issue and social update of the current month of the year.

This is why kids always thought their parent is Outdated and irrelevant when compared to their schoolmates. Parent kept repeating the same thing from "forever" years ago while their friends change in the whole weeks and month period.

And even if the "forever" is only 3-5 year, kids have different life perspective than parent. For kids, 5 year is already half of their life, and it mentally feels like 10-20 year for adult.

While for parents, 5 year is just another half decade to wait and pass with their lives.

*As I'm writing this, I also quite interested with the issue of how different parent and kids perspectives were about time.

Well, idk how to solve that.

Always put 2 hour to see the week's current trend for kids isn't a bad idea. Keeping up with current trend isn't a bad thing, but getting trapped in the trend consumerism and the FOMO is the bad thing.

Well, that's all I'm gonna say. I'm a bit obsessive with these parent bullshit since im bored. Definitely need to be taken with salt and sugar.
I took a human development course in university a decade ago, so much of what I do is refreshing my memory on that and seeing if there are any updates to the theories that are accepted by the scientific community. Here are some basics:

I get what you mean, though we're not going over to other people's houses yet. I saw a mom in the park the other day say, "You're crying for no reason," to her 4-year-old. The kid started clinging to her leg and she said, "You're too big to be doing that." She told me she saw some parenting thing about how ignoring that behavior will make it go away.

I was rather horrified and was struggling to find a polite way to say things, so I said, "That's not how we do things,"

She wanted to know more.

I said that it's important to find out why the kid is crying first, and then I had to run after my kid to make sure he wouldn't get kicked by the kids on the swings.

I wish I had time to say more, but the interaction was so fast.

Finding out why the kid is crying does not mean you have to give in to what the kid wants. It means you've opened communication with them, and you'll build their communication skills for future use. Crying is not fun. Kids do it because they don't know how to communicate what they want.

I'm going to stop typing now because I don't have time to write a book.