Writing Prompt The fantasy novels of fantasy people

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Demon x Undead, An Unholy Matrimony. 4/5, good story but lacks a lot of "plot."

A World Without Magic. 2/5, this science junk doesn't make any sense.

Going To The Moon. 3/5, creative, but the lack of aliens makes it unrealistic.

Last edited:

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
Goddess X Maou, Special Edition!

Female Knight and her loving man, Orc.

The Adventure of Slime.

FireflyFanatic

Rawr. Trans rights.
"What is this? Why is there a book set on Earth here?"

My hands trembled, clutching the cover of a book that shouldn't exist.

It had been twenty years since I had driven from the parking lot of my work, straight into the middle of a crowded plaza. A plaza filled with people in long robes and pointy hats, or armored in a mix of leather and metal. It had taken a lot of effort to find out what had happened, and a much longer time to explain it to the guards who had subsequently arrested me, dragged me to a prison, and spent several hours trying in vain to interrogate me. After all, how can you question someone who can't even speak your language?

It had taken months of study to learn it, and they were kind enough to accommodate me in the meantime. I may not have been able to speak, but I managed to show I wasn't dangerous. I think breaking down and sobbing in fear may have had something to do with it. The royal craftsmen had a really fun time tearing my car to pieces and trying to figure out how it worked, and there was no way in hell they were going to let me go without finding out where I came from.

Once I was able to somewhat speak, I had explained to the guardsmen what I knew, and then spent the next three years teaching the royal research department everything I knew. It helped greatly that I had been a mechanic, and could explain to them how the car I had inadvertently brought over to this world worked. I was somewhat distraught when I saw the condition it was in after finally gaining permission to join the researchers, but it was a small price to pay for a safe place to stay in an unfamiliar world.

I was eventually given the option of going free, but I chose to stay, as I had built up some semblance of normality in my new life. I had people I liked and trusted, and they were kind to me there. I was never able to reproduce the fuel for an engine, but the magicians were very helpful there. Enchanting made it possible to do things that not even scientists back on Earth had been able to do.

However, explaining everything I had done in the last two decades would take far too much time, and I was more focused on the impossibility I held before me.

"A Story of Home, by Cassandra White." I read out loud. Cassandra White. Cassandra White. That name, paired with the illustrated skyscrapers on the cover, pointed to a possibility I had long thought impossible. I opened the book in a hurry, and flipped through it, spotting familiar phrases over and over.

Earth. Engine. Skyscraper. Train. High school. America.

"It.... it can't be. It can't." This... this book. It was a diary.

A diary of someone who had come to this world, just like me. Someone from Earth, just like me.
I wasn't the only one.

I wasn't alone.

Last edited:

FireflyFanatic

Rawr. Trans rights.
Someone pls reply to this!! Don't just leave me here wondering if anyone has even seen my short story, or if it was terrible!! :blob_teary:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Someone pls reply to this!! Don't just leave me here wondering if anyone has even seen my short story, or if it was terrible!! :blob_teary:
1570019458045.png