Writing Prompt The World Is About to End in 100 Days

Spica66

In the world of sword and magic, and demon lord. You were a villager in a small town and you were single and jobless. You couldn't do anything to stop the world's end because it was beyond your capabilities. How would you spend your time in the remaining 100 days?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
In the world of sword and magic. You were a villager in a small town and you were single and jobless. You couldn't do anything to stop the world's end because it was beyond your capabilities. What would you do?
I would just do suicide.... better to die by your own hand then by something else.... that'd be my last chance of getting valor and looking heroic.... though no one else would know.... even MORE heroic!

LimitBound

Saint
Like normal, I don't wanna bother myself lol.
I would just do suicide.... better to die by your own hand then by something else.... that'd be my last chance of getting valor and looking heroic.... though no one else would know.... even MORE heroic!
You're tired?

preparing myself for inevitable isekai.

i guess it's nice to learn sign language and maybe some self-defense and basic survival skills. you never know if it's going to come in handy.

100 days are probably enough, especially without the hassle that is marriage and job.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Gonna speedrun to see if i can find a way to destroy the moon in 99 days and 100 day would be the day I give up and wait for the sweet release of death.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I would probably find girls to bang and people to stab. After all, my current MO is why suffer alone with you can bring pain to all that surrounds you?

That being said, of course I would go and find those who slighted me before and poison their food before stabby stabby of course.

I might even start a cult and start to have a bunch of poor sods commiting suicides with me at the end.

Or I can go completely lazy route and see the supposed end of the world, what is the difference when my life has no meanings and I am just waiting for death to greet me like a receptionist to the office that I applied an interview with? Might as well "see" the end and maybe huddle up to those that are still with me at that time.

Spica66

I would probably find girls to bang and people to stab. After all, my current MO is why suffer alone with you can bring pain to all that surrounds you?

That being said, of course I would go and find those who slighted me before and poison their food before stabby stabby of course.

I might even start a cult and start to have a bunch of poor sods commiting suicides with me at the end.

Or I can go completely lazy route and see the supposed end of the world, what is the difference when my life has no meanings and I am just waiting for death to greet me like a receptionist to the office that I applied an interview with? Might as well "see" the end and maybe huddle up to those that are still with me at that time.
This is the answer I'm hoping for.

Kilolo

I'm so kewl
Hello, my name is VillagerA. just your common resident of this small town far from both capital and demon lord castle.

Some news just popped out you see, and not some official announcement from the king nor our village chief gathering us because the hero said so.
so apparently there's this black crow hovering around the town since this morning and kept repeating :
"you human are piss me off with these hero bullcrap who comes to my castle uninvited and wrecking my precious home, and they gave me no choice to squash all of them. and you know what? i had enough, and i don't want such things to happened again. enjoy your next 100 days because I'll definitely end humanity by then."
as you might see, it seems to be message from the demon lord himself announcing that he would end the world for the next 100 days.
How people react to it? Because the crow messenger seems legit and all, everyone is running all over the place like a headless chicken and asking whether the apocalypse is true or not, some are crying, some are shouting like how a proper background character in world class disaster should be.
though i admit there's some weirdo like my best friend VillagerB, he actually confessing to his own blood related sister that he likes her romantically. i mean. dude, that was disgusting. (i don't know how his sister reply to that, i just realize she's running to the opposite way of her house and she looks like already far away even though i swear it's only been 5 seconds since that bizarre confession of VillagerB happened.)

Anyway, the whole human decimation plan is probably true, and as the messenger said (or maybe i should just call it Demon Lord since it definitely his own words), i should enjoy my next 100 days? I want to do that, but i dunno what i should do for it.
I mean the whole reason for me being a jobless is because I don't want a job, and I don't have anything I want to do, I didn't even drink.
how could i get by with my live you ask? Well, collecting herbs and fruit at nearby forest is apparently enough for me to survive the day.

So for now lets watch how the situation will unfold for the next 100 days, I'm sure tomorrow would be more chaotic than today, why? Because the hero's party is dead, duh.
Usually the kingdom cover up this kind of news, but the Demon Lord is actually took the liberty of announcing it to us mere villager (what a nice person), and today is mark the first day since those world end declaration.
I'll keep writing the notes everyday of what happened from today onwards. I prolly have to start thinking where i should kept this notes before I got decimated, I'm thinking of burying it somewhere in the forest then made a treasure map for it, don't you think it would be hilarious? Someone expecting a chest with full of gold and trinkets while only found this notebook, heh.

Anyway, that's it for today, I hope there would be more interesting stuff happened tomorrow, i wouldn't want to miss VillagerC confession attempt (I already know for a while that he got a thing for this married lady in the neighborhood).

Last edited:

Daitengu

Single and jobless? Go to a city and join the mass orgy that'll probably kick off in the red light district/bath houses. As well as hunt animals to survive and sell. Just because the world ends doesn't mean everyone dies. And food will get marked up from all the people that give up working. Roast rat would even sell.

Legi0n

What a waste of time, I would have enjoyed the 100 days as much as I could.
Btw, I see lots of people with repressed Chaotic Evil alignment here. Good thing laws exist, wouldn't like live in the same place of you all in that kind of situation :sweating_profusely:

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
What a waste of time, I would have enjoyed the 100 days as much as I could.
But instead of having the fear of death looming over you, it's better to end it early....

Legi0n

But instead of having the fear of death looming over you, it's better to end it early....
Not of the same opinion. One, why should you fear death in that kind of situation? Two, why give up 100 days of life? Living is beautiful, yet as a DM I love undeads. Mmmmh.