Title pictures (covers)

Which would you rather see?

• Trashy original

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Stolen

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No cover

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • public free (CC license, public domain?)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
Obviously a good original picture would be the best, but excluding that option, which would you prefer?

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
>stolen
I ain't an a-hole so I credit them, unless I can't find the source no matter where I look.

Of course original is better, that's why I'm learning to draw myself on free time when I wasn't writing.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
>stolen
I ain't an a-hole so I credit them, unless I can't find the source no matter where I look.

Of course original is better, that's why I'm learning to draw myself on free time when I wasn't writing.
Actually now that I think about it stolen is kinda wrong.
I should've put that in 2 choices maybe? public free and stolen (still for a lack of better wording). Difference being their license.

Western42

....I may be Insane....
In the past, I did art for my stuff. That changed when my drawing tablet broke a couple of weeks after I got it. It's too expensive to get another one so I just search for images now.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Obviously a good original picture would be the best, but excluding that option, which would you prefer?
There is literally no reason not to pick a really nice STOLEN cover. Other than that, a public domain is you are publishing to like Google Playbooks.

SailusGebel

You can edit a few free images into a decent cover, but it requires a lot of skill. And I'm not talking about technical skills.

GodlessEmperor

Emperor of trash writing
There is literally no reason not to pick a really nice STOLEN cover. Other than that, a public domain is you are publishing to like Google Playbooks.
No reason other than that being illegal you mean xD Well, that said it's incredibly unlikely for anything to happen unless, as you said, you publish it. So it's just a problem of morals.

I'm sorry if my wording comes off aggressive or preachy btw, I'm not trying to do that :sweating_profusely:

Edit: Actually I think I'm digressing, my main point in this poll was just about wether you take something nice or do it badly yourself (if you aren't good) or just leave it.

Edit2: Maybe that is a more fitting question for authors rather than reader. A reader wouldn't usually know if a picture is copied from somewhere unless they know that exact picture/artist/franchise. So in the readers perspective it could either be copied or a good original...

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've been using a joke cover for several months. I really need to commission something.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
In the past, I did art for my stuff. That changed when my drawing tablet broke a couple of weeks after I got it. It's too expensive to get another one so I just search for images now.
Woah, what tablet would break so fast?

Idk, but it’s a huge turnoff when I see Kirito or naruto on the cover and it’s not fanfic.

I like stickman covers. Easy to understand, easy to make, and often very hilarious. Perfect clickbait.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
I don't really put too much stock on covers, though I should probably look into making one for my works. Now, whether I do that Now or Later....... yeah Later.