Total words ÷ 4 = Views

Find a random novel (consider those without the explicit tags, because they naturally get more views lol) and then divide its total words by "4," and you will get a rough estimate of its total views

Maybe bots, maybe a coincidence, but its a weird thing if you realise it

It does not compute with my own books at all. Tried with the books on my reading, want to read list. None was even close.

Debunked.
Oh no, it usually works for novels lesser than 2k views though, might be why it's unnoticeable I guess
Or perhaps I'm just paranoid lol

Zinless

How do I
You can also check the total views from the statistic page.

'Total Views (Chapters)' counts people who read the chapters.
'Total Views (All)' counts people who open the main story page (cover, synopsis, reviews, etc.)

1682430210786.png

KrakenRiderEmma

So maybe what you discovered (although it probably needs more testing) is that the average "views to words ratio" for a non-explicit story with a low number of views is around 0.25? I find these kinds of metrics interesting, in part because it's the sort of thing that's used by business people to decide all sorts of stuff about which games, apps, streaming shows, subscription services etc are likely to succeed or not.

I'm not sure what "pages to views" would represent... maybe we would guess that the ratio will go up as the story gets more popular, but down if there are TOO many words (more than people want to read). That's why you'd usually have to incorporate time into this kind of metric, since 100,000 words in a week would probably get less views than 100,000 words spread out over 50 chapters in four months.

I suspect the more interesting metric might be "weekly favorites per view," which you would get by taking the favorites for each week, and dividing it by the views for each week. A higher number means more of the people who viewed did a favorite, and that would indicate a more enthusiastic audience? (Of course many Scribble Hub readers don't do favs, which is why you have to compare between series to figure out what a "high" or "low" average is.)

So maybe what you discovered (although it probably needs more testing) is that the average "views to words ratio" for a non-explicit story with a low number of views is around 0.25? I find these kinds of metrics interesting, in part because it's the sort of thing that's used by business people to decide all sorts of stuff about which games, apps, streaming shows, subscription services etc are likely to succeed or not.

I'm not sure what "pages to views" would represent... maybe we would guess that the ratio will go up as the story gets more popular, but down if there are TOO many words (more than people want to read). That's why you'd usually have to incorporate time into this kind of metric, since 100,000 words in a week would probably get less views than 100,000 words spread out over 50 chapters in four months.

I suspect the more interesting metric might be "weekly favorites per view," which you would get by taking the favorites for each week, and dividing it by the views for each week. A higher number means more of the people who viewed did a favorite, and that would indicate a more enthusiastic audience? (Of course many Scribble Hub readers don't do favs, which is why you have to compare between series to figure out what a "high" or "low" average is.)
Such a convenient information! The "weekly favourites per view" did work in my testing, although I did it by month (partly because I'm too lazy to do maths or that my novel is one of those "lower views") but it still worked. And by month, I think that the metric for that is "number of favourites × 100 = rough estimate of views" (which may also be the other way around, which is by division)
That same metric may also only work with the "non-explicit/normal lower views" novel in the scale of my testing

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Idk chief, the math is a bit off.

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
Find a random novel (consider those without the explicit tags, because they naturally get more views lol) and then divide its total words by "4," and you will get a rough estimate of its total views

I would bet 10k right here that explicit novels get more views than non explicit novels

TotallyHuman

Works for only one of my novels and for one there are surprisingly almost as many views as there are words, and for another it is in a completely opposite direction.

Attachments

• novel41.jpg
    novel41.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 23
  • novel42.jpg
    novel42.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 30

nowme_cres

aggregate the figures and be a nerd

Aiyoki

Crimson Fields:
50,548 words divided by 4 = 12,637
577 favorites x 100 = 57,700
Actual views = 27,437

An Arrancar Named Nadežhda (This is a oneshot so just one chapter... probly doesn't work for the maths)
15380 Words divided by 4 = 3845
5 Favorites x 100 = 500
Actual Views = 1,143

I really don't think the math checks out :blob_blank:

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
Its an ever changing ratio.

For the first month, your views are going to be tens, if not hundreds or thousands of times lower than word count.

Then for a while in the middle ground, it'll be single digits.

Then when you break into the hundreds of thousands of views the ratio drops to less than 1.

Its actually more of an exponential graph with asymptotic behavior at the x and y axis. The longer the novel, the longer it has been publishing. The longer it has been around, the more readers it gets etc etc. Ratio is heavily influenced by words per chapter. 1.5k words per chapter, and 1.5k (actual) readers will have a ratio of 1.

Lorelliad

creating magic in a magic-less world 🪄
86000 words ÷ 4 = 21500

I have 11000 views. Why must you hurt me :blob_pat_sad:

Jemini

You've gotta factor in time the novel has been out as well. A series that just dropped with several chapters being pushed at once is going to clock in greatly under this estimate, and a series that has reached completion or been discontinued will often continue to get views so long as it's still up and it's view count will be far above what this estimate would suggest.

That is, assuming this estimate is even good for much in the first place.

There are also a number of other factors aside from explicit tags that can cause a series to clock in far above this estimate.