Toxic Writers Kill Me (And are taking it upon themselves to torture me now)

Who should I romance first?

• Total voters

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
I dunno, man. Aren't whiny narcissistic bitches who can't write kind of hot?

The story sounds like a fantasy starring the author, because deep down they're a perfectly reasonable and likable person, and all those times people insulted their work were bullshit.
View attachment 3548
you could just shorten it to one word: Cope™

vanta_luxe

when it started to take off I was suddenly swamped with negative comments and reviews when previously I had been receiving largely positive comments and reviews. Over half of them by people who had clearly never read the story. It really stifled the growth of my story there.

Interesting!
Ironically enough, I sort of experienced something more negative here the first day though it wasn't anything major. Personally, I try not to let things get to me. I think there are terrible people everywhere nowadays. I can see how it can be a damper on your creative flow.
As someone who's dealt with community based harassment based on herd mentality, i can say most people are simply followers who do what they perceive as "right" or "easiest" for them.

Most chiding comes from not wanting to be ostracized themselves, or in the case you're describing --perceived success.

I realized even among my own close friends that many of them were simply envious, and therefore would sabotage each other to prevent one another from obtaining anything.

I think that's why its important to take note of what you give energy to. Reading comments designed to negatively affect you so that you want to quit is exactly why they take those actions.That's why I take worth based on who's speaking and whether or not its relevant.

Most nowadays attempt to hide their venom by making their nonsense seem "logical". I just bypass that argument and energy sink by not giving them an opportunity to begin with.

In the case of the reviewer, I messaged him on 7 points. He admitted to 3 and doubled down on the other 4, even trying to challenge me on why he felt I should change parts of my book.

He got one response and won't *ever* get another. *shrug*

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I.... Kind of want you to continue playing and rant more. I found this rant very enjoyable :blob_popcorn:
Yes, this. i felt like banging my head on the table just reading about the stupidity of this game second hand but the rant makes it worthwhile.

It feels like whoever wrote this game maybe tried to make it by writing stereotypical shoujo but failed hard and thus wrote crappy dating sim games.

JCountry

Interesting!
Ironically enough, I sort of experienced something more negative here the first day though it wasn't anything major. Personally, I try not to let things get to me. I think there are terrible people everywhere nowadays. I can see how it can be a damper on your creative flow.
As someone who's dealt with community based harassment based on herd mentality, i can say most people are simply followers who do what they perceive as "right" or "easiest" for them.

Most chiding comes from not wanting to be ostracized themselves, or in the case you're describing --perceived success.

I realized even among my own close friends that many of them were simply envious, and therefore would sabotage each other to prevent one another from obtaining anything.

I think that's why its important to take note of what you give energy to. Reading comments designed to negatively affect you so that you want to quit is exactly why they take those actions.That's why I take worth based on who's speaking and whether or not its relevant.

Most nowadays attempt to hide their venom by making their nonsense seem "logical". I just bypass that argument and energy sink by not giving them an opportunity to begin with.

In the case of the reviewer, I messaged him on 7 points. He admitted to 3 and doubled down on the other 4, even trying to challenge me on why he felt I should change parts of my book.

He got one response and won't *ever* get another. *shrug*
I have to agree there is a herd mentality to negativity. In fact more people will post something negative than something positve. This is especially true of RR where because of how the system works they have this site politicking thing going on. I won't go into details, but it has to do with how stories get onto trending. As such, there is a pattern there where many stories that get close to trending tend to suddenly get trashed with bad reviews and negative comments. There are a few exceptions to this, but the community is trying to control which stories end up trending. The toxic system is why I moved most of my stories here. Better community.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I never liked these types of games exactly because of the super limited ability of reactions you get. None of them sound like what a normal person would do

The MCs are usually pathetic as hell, but I play for the pretty boys and the story.

If you want a really good one, I recommend "Gossip School" by Genius Inc. Although the game focuses on the kind of cringy idea of celebrities coming to your school undercover, it plays out really well, with the capture targets turning out to be nice and normal boys with normal problems.

Also, you get to play a sensible and intelligent character. And you can decide whether you see each boy as a friend or as a love interest - the game won't contradict you. There's even an ending where you friendzone them all and you get a genuinely heartwarming ending with no bitterness.

Seeing as nobody else has ask the real question here i will. You got the sauce for this game brother?
What is the game called?

This one is "My Mystic Dragons" by Genius Inc.

Yes, this. i felt like banging my head on the table just reading about the stupidity of this game second hand but the rant makes it worthwhile.

It feels like whoever wrote this game maybe tried to make it by writing stereotypical shoujo but failed hard and thus wrote crappy dating sim games.

I ran out of gems quickly by flirting too much, so it's going to be slow going. Not sure if I should start with my personal Best Boy or bite the bullet and romance the writer... (Or do all three at once so I only have to play this once.)

Speaking of "hot": cookie? :blob_cookie:

spidercookie-real-650x639.jpg

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
The MCs are usually pathetic as hell, but I play for the pretty boys and the story.

If you want a really good one, I recommend "Gossip School" by Genius Inc. Although the game focuses on the kind of cringy idea of celebrities coming to your school undercover, it plays out really well, with the capture targets turning out to be nice and normal boys with normal problems.

Also, you get to play a sensible and intelligent character. And you can decide whether you see each boy as a friend or as a love interest - the game won't contradict you. There's even an ending where you friendzone them all and you get a genuinely heartwarming ending with no bitterness.
Oh my god, that does sound amazing! Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try! :blob_aww:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I have more updates on how shitty this thing is, but I have a conundrum first.

The romance scenes are getting more serious and I just don't have it in me to three-time these guys. Too much time and money to keep a harem.

Who do I chase first?

Mr. Creepily Obsessed Toxic Writer:
Screenshot_20200819-192939_My Mystic Dragons.jpg

Mr. True Best Boy:
Screenshot_20200820-100048_My Mystic Dragons.jpg

Or Mr. Himbo Who Knows He Can Buy His Way Into the MC's Heart:
Screenshot_20200820-083045_My Mystic Dragons.jpg

(Will put a poll on this thread.)

Last edited:

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
(Now that I'm back on PC, I noticed that those screenshots posted HUGE for some reason, so I've scaled them down now.)

I rather romance girls as girls but I'll choose Dylan because he's too good for this game.

Sadly, Genius Inc. only does hetero romance and there are no good mobile yuri games. And their Galge games are trash tier. Even trashier than this game here.

I picked Rai!
Would be a lot more entertaining :D

He's certainly, uhh... Something.

Ral

You know you got a Mary Sue. There probably be horrible suffering for the non-fan in the future.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
You know you got a Mary Sue. There probably be horrible suffering for the non-fan in the future.

I actually don't think they're important enough for the author to drag back in. Won't save everyone else she doesn't like, though. And that means all women.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Well... That makes me glad I gave up very quickly on mobile dating sims... I'll go back to my PC Otome Games... *shivers*

Blitz

『⛰Ping-Pong Cat❄️』『⚡️New member⚡️』
I have more updates on how shitty this thing is, but I have a conundrum first.

The romance scenes are getting more serious and I just don't have it in me to three-time these guys. Too much time and money to keep a harem.

Who do I chase first?

Mr. Creepily Obsessed Toxic Writer:
View attachment 3564

Mr. True Best Boy:
View attachment 3562

Or Mr. Himbo Who Knows He Can Buy His Way Into the MC's Heart:
View attachment 3565

(Will put a poll on this thread.)
For your sanity go with Dylan although I'm curious how bad it can get :blob_hmm_two:

AliceShiki

>.>
<.<

I don't like the design of most of those... >.>

Well, the red-haired one is passable, and so is the one with long black hair... The rest though? Bleh. I'd have to really like them as characters to enjoy going through a game with them as characters, because they totally failed in the appearance department for me! >.<

That said, there were some characters I really enjoyed capturing in a game or two that I had horrible first impressions of, so... You never know! xD

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
>.>
<.<

I don't like the design of most of those... >.>

Well, the red-haired one is passable, and so is the one with long black hair... The rest though? Bleh. I'd have to really like them as characters to enjoy going through a game with them as characters, because they totally failed in the appearance department for me! >.<

That said, there were some characters I really enjoyed capturing in a game or two that I had horrible first impressions of, so... You never know! xD

The red/pink haired one is a heavy metal singer who's ultra sweet.

Blue haired boy is a super romantic vampire in a really good mystery sim date.

Black-haired guy is from the same game. One of my favourites. My album is full of screen shots of him.

And the last guy, despite looking like a Yugioh protagonist, makes you a rose out of lightning in a thunderstorm.

AliceShiki

The red/pink haired one is a heavy metal singer who's ultra sweet.
*pukes blood*
Blue haired boy is a super romantic vampire in a really good mystery sim date.
That seems promising at least~
And the last guy, despite looking like a Yugioh protagonist, makes you a rose out of lightning in a thunderstorm.
But I don't wanna become a flower like Flonne did! What if I become a Fallen Angel afterwards!? >.<