Writing Prompt Truck encounter.. in the afterlife.

notaid

Two iterations of it:
1) After your death, you narrowly escape being run over by a truck in the afterlife.
or
2) After your death, you are hit by a truck in the afterlife. (But as you are already dead, it doesn't kill you)

Now the MC gets to try to learn about the person who was driving a truck in the afterlife.

Bonus points if the driver is not a God, or any other kind of agent, of Death.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 πŸ‘ͺ πŸ’ Pronouns: she/whore ♀
The truck driver turns out to be the same one who ran over my dead boyfriend back in 2015.
Also, hi Jarrell <3 <3 <3 πŸ˜‡
Let's try to get your widow and my widower together :blob_party:

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Extra bonus if the truck is sponsored by the company with 6 circles as their logo.

Cuz the six realms of rebirth

D

Deleted member 29316

How about a student in a truck school, and they are studying how to efficiently kill people they run over and send to isekai?

DEMON_Twin_Agatha

How about a Mafia boss died in a territory war.

He then sent to afterlife and appeared in the middle of a road where all the isekai truck-kun are running.He then almost got hit by the truck, but his clothes got stuck on the door of the truck and the door is unlocked.When the driver of the truck stops for a break.He opens the door and beat the crap out of him/her, he then stole the truck from the company named Target Me Senpai, or something.

He then accidentally accepted a job and he ran over a future otherworld hero or shits be like.

PandaSempai

You mean, you want to see someone write something about a person being run by a truck after their death? That's quite intriguing. :blob_aww: :blob_evil:

PandaSempai

Hmm... Anyway, lemme give it a try.

β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’
White. No matter where you look, all that you can see is pure white. It is not because the surroundings are full of snow. That was far from the truth. The surroundings are not cold at all so how can it be snow?

However, that's not the only thing that looks peculiar in this place. If one were to loom around more closely, you could make out a vague outline of a table and some chairs. In it sat a silhouette of what seems to be a hulking figure that could put any body builder to shame.

Currently, the silhouette seems to be looking at a transparent figure in front of it. This figure looks like it was a young man with a very thin frame.

"Hmmm... What should I do? I'm gonna be in trouble if my teacher were to know about this. I just got my driver's license today, too!" a booming voice said.

If someone were to hear this voice, they would've peed their pants from the sheer intimidating tone of it. However, there is something wrong about this voice. It sounds a bit... womanly?

"*sigh*. Even though I wasn't the one who killed him, he still managed to see me in his astral form. The section 4,376 of our rule book states that we shouldn't show ourselves to someone else!" the booming voice said once again, sounding like the owner of the voice now panicking.

Judging by the direction of where the voice came from, it seems like the owner of the voice can only be the person hidden behind the silhouette.

As if to confirm this theory, the booming voice echoed once again. This time, it is clear that the owner of the voice is the silhouette.

"If only that incident never happened. *sigh*..."

Remembering that time when the accident occurred, the silhouette couldn't help but once again sigh deeply.

β—‡β—†β—‡β—†β—‡β—†β—‡β—†

Year 2016, 31st of March.

It was just another normal day for everyone. Another day where some members of the workforce would scramble to go to their workplace because they're almost late. Another day where some students would go to their respective schools. And another day where some people would just have nothing to do but stare at their ceilings, counting the lizards who are crawling on its crevices.

Somewhere around the planet called 'Earth', a man who belongs to the latter group is left with nothing to do. He already finished all the novels he have in his library, read all the latest mangas, read all the light novels he bought last week, and got bored of playing the same old pay-to-win games that are plaguing the gaming community right now.

It would've been good if those who don't actually spend money have some way of enjoying their gaming experience. However, it was all just a pipe dream as the developers just ignores the complaints about bugs. They entirely focused their eyes on the price and never once considered the players and their opinions about the game in of itself.

This led many players to rant and curse at the developers for being too much of a money grubber, among other insults that a keyboard warrior can think of. Some highly opinionated individuals would try to defend the game and call the ranting players as 'c***s' or 'tr*sh' for ranting. "You just don't have money to fund yourself here. That's why, don't go bulls***ting around here just because you are too poor to even afford to spend a penny in your account!".

These series of events would eventually end up into a full on battle of 'wits' where the participants would continuously hurl insults and jibes at each other like there's no tomorrow. For the participants, they thought they were all in the right and the other party is in the wrong so they should fight them, while for the spectators, it was a very fun and entertaining sound of comedic relief. They wouldn't even try and mediate. These people would just direct all of their malice at you if you try to butt in on their pointless conversation.

"*sigh*... I guess I should go out and buy the game that everyone was talking about in the forums," the young man said.

After signing out his account in the forums, he took off his T-shirt. He then changed into a new shirt and wore a jacket with a hoodie over it. He didn't cover his face with the hoodie yet, though, as he ran all over the place to clean his room first.

Through simple observation, this young man is around his teenage years. He is a young man with a very average build and looks and the only thing that is unique when you look at his face were the two dark circles under his eyes. He had been doing a anime marathon two days now and he haven't slept a wink. However, he decided that we will just go to sleep later after buying the game in a nearby store just a few streets away from his apartment.

When he finished cleaning his apartment, the young man covered his face with the hoodie and began to walk outside of his apartment. Today is the day he will get his hands on that game.

"I will play that game to my heart's content after a good night's sleep," the young man said before opening the door of his apartment.

As he slowly opened the door, the bane of those who are sleep deprived shot a beam of light right at his face.

"Ugh... curse you, sunlight!" the young man groaned as he tried to block the sunlight using both of his hands.

After a few months of locking himself out inside his apartment, the young man finally decided to come outside of his dark room.

β—‡β—†β—‡β—†β—‡β—†β—‡β—†

When the young man got out of his apartment, he started to walk towards the pedestrian lane and waited for the traffic light to go red. Well, he didn't have to wait for that long as the traffic lights turned red after a few seconds.

He immediately ran towards the other end of the pedestrian lane and walked towards the street where he can buy the game he wanted. It was very long and grueling journey for the young man as he felt quite groggy due to his lack of sleep and the effect of the heat coming from the sunlight.

After buying the game, he immediately went outside and decided to go home as the heat is starting to kill him.

"Ugh... this heat is gonna be the end of me. Why did I try to wear a jacket, again? Hah, I shouldn've bought my umbrella instead," the young man said dejectedly.

He continued to mumble as he waited at the side of the road in front of the same pedestrian lane that he crossed earlier. There was nothing amiss, the vehicles are passing by normally.

A few seconds later, the traffic light turned into red once again. This indicated that the pedestrians could once again cross. So, the young man crossed the road without hesitation. He's in a hurry and he wanted to go home, fast.

While he is crossing the road, crashing sounds suddenly echoed from one side of the road, making the young man stop to look at where the sound came from. To his surprise, the sound came from a giant 18-wheeler truck that is carrying a crate behind it. It seems that the truck lost control so it kept on cashing at the nearby cars.

Sensing the danger, the young man sprinted towards the end of the pedestrian lane, just enough to dodge the speeding truck by a large margin. The truck came into a stop after it crashed onto a nearby brick wall while the crate behind it slid and bumped into a streetlight's pole.

*BANG*

Seeing that he avoided an accident from befalling him, the young man couldn't help but smile as he said,

"Haaaah, that was close. I almost got isekai'd by truck-sama."

While he was chuckling at the ridiculous thought that came into his mind, the crate that crashed onto a nearby streetlight's pole showed some unusual movements. Unknown to the young man, the lock on the door of the crate was quite loose as the driver was in a hurry to leave.

The driver was trying to avoid a checkpoint that was supposed to be starting later so he kept on speeding up. Eventually, he failed to notice that due to his apparent haste, he forgot the check if his brakes were even working.

Now, one might be wondering why the driver was in such haste to avoid a checkpoint? Well, the answer is right inside the crate itself.

*BANG*

A loud banging sound was heard before the door is the crate swung wide open. Then, a large amount of what seems to be some cows, horses, and other animals that are supposed to be endangered species ran out of the crate and started a huge stampede.

Can a young man who is sleep depraved outrun some angry bulls, cows, horses, and some other animals? The answer is no.

The young man tried to run out of their way but he was feeling too weak at the time that he ran quite slowly. Due to this, he was trampled on by the raging animals as his bones made some loud cracking sounds.

On his last breath, the young man thought,

'I think I should've just let truck-sama hit me. Did I miss out on the chance of being isekai'd?'

After the young man's death, the police came to take control of the situation. News about the stampede and the unfortunate victim was also reported by some newscasters who happen to be nearby when the incident happened.

β—‡β—†β—‡β—†β—‡β—†β—‡β—†

When the young man came to, he saw himself floating around in a fetal position. Even though he wanted to freak out, he was not given that chance. Why? It was because a blinding light, similar to what he witnessed before can be seen speeding towards him from a distance.

Not having the chance to even shield his eyes from the blaring white light, the young man was hit by the a truck once again. However, instead of hearing the sound of some bones cracking, the truck just passed through the young man effortlessly. No, it would be more apt to say that the young man was the one who passed through the truck.

*swoosh*

Upon hearing this odd sound, the young man couldn't help but open his eyes. To his surprise, what greeted him was the sight of a muscular woman(?) wearing what seems to be an office lady's formal clothes.

On her chest, there was a tag that says, "Annie Silhouetta, Staff Member of Hello Work".
β€’~β€’~β€’~β€’

Annnnnnd, that's the end of this very very long story. Although it could have some kind of continuation, I will just use it later on for the fanfic that I was planning on writing next.

Sigh. It turned into a full-blown chapter since I was too immersed on writing it. Well, never mind. I hope this fulfills your conditions!

P.S: I'm too sleepy to edit this. I hope it's readable.

Last edited:

Maple_Mrch

Mil lives in a world that has a higher technological level than earth after his death.
But someday he almost hit by a truck. He survived, but his phone which used as a cryptocurrency wallet, crushed by the truck tire.
He resented the truck driver because he lost hundreds of millions worth of money.
he searching and searching until his hair turned white. but he still can't find the driver.
in his bed, he told his son about the story. And he also told about his desire to find the driver.
"Dad..." Said his son worry, his son seemed wanted to talk something. but he closes his mouth.
"Are you want to tell me something?" Asked Mil to his son.
"No Dad, nothing." his son answered.

and until his death, he can't find the driver because the truck is an unmanned truck.

Last edited:

wawanaoki

OK. I got curious since I never responded to a writing prompt before. So I wrote a short oneshot. I think it fits the criteria.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Alright then, I'll take a shot at this.

What actually happened was that there was a magic surge in another adjacent universe that caused it to overlap with the afterlife. The truck driver was simply a logistics officer who was driving a military truck transporting supplies to the humans' front line in their war of extermination against a hostile race. The front line is naturally a place where death is rampant and thus it was a place that became exceedingly close to the afterlife where souls are routed. The truck driver was honestly just as surprised as the main character who nearly got run over since to the driver a person randomly appeared on the road due to the worlds overlapping. When the truck driver pulled over and jumped out of the vehicle to confirm why somebody just appeared on the road. The logistics officer quickly found the culprit but as they were about to say some words the other party disintegrated into particles of light.

The main character reincarnates into a war torn world where humanity is hard pressed by the war of extermination. Once the main character grows up enough to take independent physical action they come across an old photograph stored away in a memory box. The old photograph shows a slightly younger version of their current single mother and a man standing next to her. His face was faintly familiar. It dawns upon the main character that the man was the truck driver who she had met that one fateful day. It would seem that the truck driver never did managed to return home to the third defensive city.