Ugly Characters in Gaming and Fiction

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Less pretty than Ellie, not hideous, but definitely suffering from lack of shower. I would not call particularly pretty
Hahaha.
Ellie isn’t attractive to me because she is a lesbian, but she isn’t ugly either.

I don’t mind her as a character, I do find Abby ugly, but I liked her character in the story, as I said in opening post. Like, I wouldn’t mind her being the main character in part 3, although a lot of people would hate it since she did the thing they don’t like hahaha

Tsuru

What "west" people don't understand.

Its not about "thinking ugly = beautiful"
but should be "i am ugly so what ? i shouldnt care about it, LIFE MUST GO ON"

But idiots and politicians don't understand.

Same for poverty. Its not about complaining about it or thinking "being poor" is a positive thing. The thing should be "I am poor so i should try to get richer", which should also be the same for ugliness/fat/being black.
If ugly/f/b, if you don't like that, CHANGE IT. Compared to bullshit self hypnotizing "wow i like myself".

If disliking being
Ugly => Go to korea get plastic surgery. Or learn make up. OR STOP CARING !
Fat = Just do fitness. Or fat removal. OR STOP CARING ! (better luck next rng reincarnation, if DNA-problem make them fat)
Black = Michael jackson cough. Rest in peace, the most famous, only man that publicly shown he disliked being b
--------------

Final point.

IF BY MIRACLE.
A fat or ugly or black person. (that think they are beautiful like that)
Somehow get a wish-lamp that can allow him/her to change appearance + bonus memories/data alteration of the world so one find it weird.

Would this people REALLY not accept this wish ?

99% would accept (No in public but yes secretly).
The remaining 1% are the true based ones, as like i said, they don't care anymore about this problem.
--------------
PS : another reason "west" people can't stop caring. Is because they got too much free time and money. Compared to chineses or koreans, where poverty is still a problem, where getting down payment for the house will take 20years to repay. They are too busy getting money to care about this shit. This "wokes" and "politicians" should be thrown in this remaining africa villages that don't have electricity.
PS PS : Also lot of toxic redditors or other places, often use this explanation : "I am typing from work with my phone" with arrogant tone + "Clearly you don't work, for not knowing that" (BTW never experienced it myself. Just saw that on some threads like Official Blizz Diablo forum). Meanwhile in china, they got freaking limited time in bathroom, or even camera in it, so they don't use phones there. And get low pay punishment if caught on the phone at work. Ironic how this harsh management method could be a great solution needed to the
west. XD

Last edited:

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
:blob_popcorn:

Just tossing this in as well:
I do find Abby ugly
The setting of The Last of Us 2 is in a post apocalyptic world and people traverse in mud, crawl in dirt, lift heavy things and basically get sweaty all over... I would be damn surprised if Ellie, Abbie and the rest of the girls in LOU were supermodels or insanely hot and beautiful... I do get the hate but dude :sweating_profusely:

Also, with Thor being fat af and ugly too. Well, that is the real depiction of thor according to prose edda.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

The setting of The Last of Us 2 is in a post apocalyptic world and people traverse in mud, crawl in dirt, lift heavy things and basically get sweaty all over...
And how do you explain the pregnant woman running around in that same setting fighting zombies?

ElliePorter

And how do you explain the pregnant woman running around in that same setting fighting zombies?
You are talking about the series or the game?

If you are talking about Mel. There's more info here:

SailusGebel

You are talking about the series or the game?

If you are talking about Mel. There's more info here:
cleared for duty despite being pregnant

Of course, this is what happens in a post apocalyptic world where people traverse in mud, crawl in dirt, lift heavy things and basically get sweaty all over... :blobthumbsup:

ElliePorter

cleared for duty despite being pregnant

Of course, this is what happens in a post apocalyptic world where people traverse in mud, crawl in dirt, lift heavy things and basically get sweaty all over... :blobthumbsup:
Okay... :blob_hide:
images (78).jpeg

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I don't get why this is even a thing in fiction. Don't we normally consume fiction to escape reality? Why would anyone try to force reality into escapism? That's like selling meat as vegan...

I blame it on Hollywood and the current generation of people being stupid. They dumbed down everything. If before being ugly was a character TRAIT it has now become their whole character. Most characters in fiction are now either "I am ugly, so I have to act ugly", "I don't want to be ugly, so I have to act ugly until I'm not ugly anymore" or worst of all "I'm not ugly!!!! YOU are ugly! And if you tell me something else you're evil!!!11111!!!oneoneone1111!!!!"

Media has dumbed down too much...

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
:blob_popcorn:

Just tossing this in as well:

The setting of The Last of Us 2 is in a post apocalyptic world and people traverse in mud, crawl in dirt, lift heavy things and basically get sweaty all over... I would be damn surprised if Ellie, Abbie and the rest of the girls in LOU were supermodels or insanely hot and beautiful... I do get the hate but dude :sweating_profusely:

Also, with Thor being fat af and ugly too. Well, that is the real depiction of thor according to prose edda.
I haven’t played ragnorok yet so have no opinion on Thor.

Also I wasn’t complaining that Abby was ugly, I was complaining that other game devs, publishers, whatever, take ugly characters in other games and try to pretend they’re attractive.

I don’t care if we have ugly characters as long as they are compelling, I even praised Abby’s characterization. Just I find her ugly, and honestly it doesn’t matter that she’s ugly.

to sum up.

I don’t get why we can’t just call an ugly character ugly and still enjoy them as a character.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
I just have an issue if those ugly characters are presented in a way that ruins my suspension of disbelief to the point where it kind of feels cringe.

I was complaining that other game devs, publishers, whatever, take ugly characters in other games and try to pretend they’re attractive.
+100000000000000000000000000000 to this. this is the essence. dont care if characters are ugly or not, just dont try to get people to buy into delusions that they're the most beautiful people ever.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
+100000000000000000000000000000 to this. this is the essence. dont care if characters are ugly or not, just dont try to get people to buy into delusions that they're the most beautiful people ever.
Honestly, I think it's the gaslighting and dishonesty that irritates me, not the fact the characters are ugly.