Recommendations Unconventional BL

Geek_Aflame

I’m writing a Paranormal Fantasy/Mystery set in rural Australia with a polyamorous MxMxM relationship as a major romantic sub plot. The MC is a weak to strong character, but he is a people hating, arsehole with a dark past (anti-villain with laser-guided amnesia). Although he does have genuine anxiety over the gaps in his memory and his weakness in relation to other more powerful magic users. As the story continues, he uses the fact that he is perceived as weak and damaged to those who care about him to his advantage.

I hope this fits what you’re looking for. I tried to avoid stereotypes and just write a bisexual MC who happens to eventually be in a relationship with two men. It's ongoing at about 72,000 words posted so far and I've started posting twice a week this month, about 4,000 words a week. I've got a few hundred thousand words written so far and I've been slowly editing/posting them.

Blossom_From_Fear

I have been reading BL for a very, very long time (possibly since before I was 10...) and I've become honestly bored out of my skull of the usually very samesy tropes and relationship dynamics used by the genre.
I've had enough of having a seme and uke just because "that's how it's done", I've had enough of fighting over sex, I've had enough of one partner always being sly and dominant while the other is blushy and "pure", and I've had enough of the same damn jokes in every goddamn novel.
I don't mind men being feminine, but only if they're actually a character, rather than a cardboard cutout to fill the submissive role. (Also, why do all the feminine men have to be hardcore bottoms?)

Frankly, I write enough BL games with my friend that I don't have to settle for whatever happens to be published, so I often don't. I'll pretty much only take a chance on a BL if I trust it to offer me something new.

But I'm in a BL-reading mood and I could take a couple more to digest if they're available.

The BL that I've absolutely loved on this site has been:
"Fire Burning" by bafflinghaze - This is the only original BL I've ever found with a trans character, and it's an excellent story that gives its characters their own personalities and doesn't fall back on lazy BL tropes.

"Klue & Berry" by ars - Monster x human. The MC is a cunning merchant who's still well-meaning, and the monster is shy and wary about interacting. Also, the MC pursues the monster.

"Just Hold My Hand" by yansusustories - A nice, sweet short story with an asexual love interest.

If anyone knows any other refreshing and original BL on Scribble Hub, please recommend them to me~!
I could recommend a chapter called Cheers from my own story and I'm about to release a story called A Reaper's Luck between sometime today and tomorrow if you're interested.

The_Long_Serpent

Eccentric Creator
I have been reading BL for a very, very long time (possibly since before I was 10...) and I've become honestly bored out of my skull of the usually very samesy tropes and relationship dynamics used by the genre.
I've had enough of having a seme and uke just because "that's how it's done", I've had enough of fighting over sex, I've had enough of one partner always being sly and dominant while the other is blushy and "pure", and I've had enough of the same damn jokes in every goddamn novel.
I don't mind men being feminine, but only if they're actually a character, rather than a cardboard cutout to fill the submissive role. (Also, why do all the feminine men have to be hardcore bottoms?)

Frankly, I write enough BL games with my friend that I don't have to settle for whatever happens to be published, so I often don't. I'll pretty much only take a chance on a BL if I trust it to offer me something new.

But I'm in a BL-reading mood and I could take a couple more to digest if they're available.

The BL that I've absolutely loved on this site has been:
"Fire Burning" by bafflinghaze - This is the only original BL I've ever found with a trans character, and it's an excellent story that gives its characters their own personalities and doesn't fall back on lazy BL tropes.

"Klue & Berry" by ars - Monster x human. The MC is a cunning merchant who's still well-meaning, and the monster is shy and wary about interacting. Also, the MC pursues the monster.

"Just Hold My Hand" by yansusustories - A nice, sweet short story with an asexual love interest.

If anyone knows any other refreshing and original BL on Scribble Hub, please recommend them to me~!

Hm...all of the recommendations remind me of a book I published on Wattpad. Maybe I'll migrate that over here. And I gotta read "Klue & Berry".