What are your inspirations for writing?

bibrosko

When a story I'm reading doesn't go the way I'd prefer I think how I'd write it. Your stories are what inspire me.

CL

When a story I'm reading doesn't go the way I'd prefer I think how I'd write it. Your stories are what inspire me.
I apologize for looking over your comments. I wanted to understand your line of thinking because of the thread you created, but correct me if I am mistaken here (which I do believe I am wrong): are you claiming to be a plagiarist?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Life inspires me. My goal is to make the world a more open-minded place.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Mostly the games I played. Ar Tonelico, Growlanser, Langrisser, Rune Factory, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and so on.

I rarely get inspired by series or anime as they tend to be a lot tamer in creativity than games. And don'T get me started on Isekai...

The only anime that somewhat inspired me was strangely Digimon. Especially Tamers. Not the Monster or fight parts, tho. More the story and use of side characters.

D

Deleted member 57675

Freedom in creativity, own choices how write story. Filling dullness from loneliness and lack of opportunities. Desire dream hobby become good career.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
My mind is just a Frankenstein mess of random patchwork ideas that pop in to my head whenever they please.
this is me as well.

honestly, the inspiration changes from story to story. anime/manga/LNs, western novels, games, images, movies/tv shows, the real world..... just, a lot of stuff can suddenly spark up a lightbulb moment of inspiration for a new story.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Original Doujinshi, Hentai and some references from various anime, games, images and while taking a shit.

Duong_Trong

Agree.
I know this question has been asked before, but the forums are kinda dead right now. I'll start with my biggest inspirations for my current work -

Jobless Reincarnation
I used to hate on Isekai manga and anime before, but when I saw the love and craftsmanship put into the anime, it changed my whole perspective on the genre.
But the biggest inspiration for the actual substance of my story is the video game kenshi, one of my favorite video games of all time. It's a squad based real time rpg with base building/crafting, a dynamic limb based damage system (you can lose arms and legs! Then replace them with robotics), and it has a unique map with intractable factions(they raid you if you have low relations, ask for taxes if you base close by, and can be run out of their cities and replaced by other parties if you kill them all) but it has a serious problem. It's janky as hell, since it is an indie game and the culmination of 10 years of work, on a dogshit engine too I'll add.
My story is really just about taking what I like from these media, adding to it, making it better(lol), and of course being a good story on its own.
My inspiration for writing is Lisa the Painful RPG and n.t.r smentai (NO! I do NOT like getting c**ed or c***ing XDDD. It's when i look at the stuff, i'm just filled with anger for the c***ed MC and i want help him turn into a giga chad)

What's this? Oh my goodness, i dropped the link to my "novel" ;)))

Last edited:

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Idk anymore ngl. I mean, ORV inspired me to write. But for the actual inspiration for my novel, I honestly have 0 clue. Its just several jumbled ideas.

Lloyd

Professional Writer

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
Many things, have inspired me to write. Most of it is because after reading/watching them I think I can make something similar, and/or I want what I write to feel similar to them. That barrely thins it down, because that would be literally everything I have read. Narrowing it down then this becomes the list:

Episodic mysteries like, Murder She Wrote
Magic Tree House
The Ranger’s Apprentice
Rick Riordan
Poe and Lovecraft
Creepypastas & other short horror stories
Ghost Hunt
Hikaru no Go