What happened to people that get Isekai-ed to your story ?

ACertainPassingUser

Authors, what do you think will usually happen if there's one unlucky soul who read and get Isekai-ed to your story ?

Would they find unexpected danger and trap ? Would the weakling is actually more powerful than people may think ? Would the living situation is simply that bad due to some minor detail that people glossed over ?

Or do you put some horrible surprise trap against those otherworlder invader that want to change your story ?

Or the story is simply inevitable result & consequences of the events, so the attempt at changing it will simply be useless or result in far worse situation ?

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Language Barrier.

Disease/immunodeficiency barrier.

in the setting im currently working on? if somehow a high level SS rank adventurer with fuckoff powerful magic comes in?

well.... honestly that would probably make my protagonist's life EASIER, because pretty much all magic-equipped factions but in particular the Magic School they're going to and The Magic Genocide Assholes who want to kill everyone without magic will suddenly STOP TRYING TO FIGHT EACH OTHER.

On top of this, the entire continent is going to be in various states of emergency (if not the entire planet), meaning a lot of laws, customs, social rules, etc no longer apply.

And because the setting is in Oh Shit We're Being Invaded Mode, deep dark forbidden secrets suddenly stop being all of the above, which means A Lot Of People, MC included, will have access to information they dont have to nearly die a dozen times for, and can be trained up quickly to HOPEFULLY deal with the new invader... (btw fun fact the fact that the secret classified information is secret and classified is royally fucking over the poor MC who can't really break into the advanced forms of magic because the way they do it IS part of what's classified)

Then its a toss up of their hax vs mine. Sadly for my poor world, they're a lot likely to have stronger hax.

Last edited:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Which story? Which part? Where do they come in? Do they replace the MC or a side character?

In HKN, if they read the story, they're gonna have to HANG THEMSELVES to contact the gods, which would be nessisary. If they don't reach the all-father before the king gets assassinated, the Omnilord basically will have won.

In FTS, the guy is basically going to get laid.

In IWS, ... you read it to the end before you Isekai'd? FUCK. I suspect if he replaced the MC he just might shoot himself and hope to reincarnate somewhere better.

I guess the problem is, my stories are very TIGHT, as in VERY NARROW MARGINS FOR ERROR. There's very little you can do to skip ahead. In any of them. If you, the MC, say fuck it, screw everyone else, just about everyone dies. The MC REALLY needs to pull their weight.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Lots of scenarios.

The Good:
- They end up in a hub called the Nexus, or in a city ran by the equivalent of a mega corporation and get all the help they need to get started in this new life.
- Nothing truly stopping them from involving themselves with the world. In fact, it'll probably be encouraged depending on what it is, and only if they're heard by certain people.
- If they have considerable modern knowledge, they'd be hired/recruited for non-combat roles. If they've been Blessed by the Nexus, then they have a decent life ahead and it takes care of all language barriers.
- They end up in the current mega city of the world and make a living cooking up some nice modern cuisine, or get good at magic, which opens up lots of other opportunities (adventuring, academics, joining a mega corp, or becoming someone considered legendary (an Incandescent Color, or someone sponsored directly by an Atelier/mega corp).
- They become a part of the Nexus as Moons, Stars or the Exalted, basically beings deemed as Gods.

The Mid:
- End up somewhere rural and live a relatively normal life never knowing that eldritch entities literally roam right outside their doorstep.
- Learn the language of the world, or become Blessed and just exist peacefully. Start a farm. Anything.
- End up in a kingdom/empire rather than the mega corporations/Nexus and live a traditional medieval-esque life.
- Live a normal life, pretty much. Nothing more, nothing less. Can do what they want so long as they follow certain rules, especially if they live inside of a city ran by a mega corp. I.e, no flying over the city else it results in immediate termination on the spot, or in other areas it's forbidden to leave at night, less they want to get eaten by giant meatballs.

The Bad:
- Are too weak to fend for themselves if they don't arrive in some golden cradle of civilization. Guaranteed death with no way of communicating their woes to others. Just another brick in the broken wall.
- Die at the hands of eldritch entities born from the nightmares of the mind.
- Become one of these entities after being consumed by despair and their woes.
- Get pickled and fermented alive inside of a giant jar by cannibals. Maybe kept alive for a few years to develop the taste.
- Become a part of a living rug.
- Have a mega corp save you, then live the rest of your life knowing that you now live for them. If they tell you an entity is hungry, then you should begin seasoning yourself.
- Virtually incapable of reaching the same heights as those above them unless they get extremely lucky or are involved with certain miracles, like a wish granting miracle, etc.
- Have all semblance of thoughts stripped just to cope with the situation.
- Have a 'Healer' save you by killing you instead.
- Become a literal slave to the commandments of a piece of paper, like you're just an actor in a play bigger than you could ever imagine.

Last edited:

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Authors, what do you think will usually happen if there's one unlucky soul who read and get Isekai-ed to your story ?

Would they find unexpected danger and trap ? Would the weakling is actually more powerful than people may think ? Would the living situation is simply that bad due to some minor detail that people glossed over ?

Or do you put some horrible surprise trap against those otherworlder invader that want to change your story ?

Or the story is simply inevitable result & consequences of the events, so the attempt at changing it will simply be useless or result in far worse situation ?

This is a trick question, isekai'd how? Are we talking about reborn as a native or teleported in?

If they get teleported in, they die.

Humans already have problems with regular diseases, now imagine diseases that can use magic power. The natives have immunity cause trillions died to them. But teleported in are screwed

If natives, they can live a "normal" life, but knowing all the secrets won't get them any actual advantage other than maybe running away from places likely to be screwed.

mozziexxxx

It depends on their behavior. As long as they don't interfere with the MC they are fine or even live happily ever after kicking the asses of side characters. If they mess with th MC, they die.

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
Dead.

My world has beings that mere sightings of them will drove mortals insane, enslave them, or simply die. My main character would've probably able to save the unlucky guy being isekai'ed if they got enslaved, by killing.

The cure is sometimes worse than the disease.

TotallyHuman

Magic of love - conscripted and die
Wasn't my life - living as essentially lifestock if no magic, a more or less respectable existence otherwise
Immortal Sovereign - any life really

Plantorsomething

It would be extreme risk/reward with how the magic system works. they would essentially be an invasive species. My magic is super intertwined to personal identity, emotion, powerful memories, and personality. They will have a fuck ton of challenges adapting to the new situation and other people would have to adapt to them too, a 50/50 shot considering power alone. Also fate itself is a magic construct somewhat like a collective hive mind so they may have a canon reason for breaking/bending tropes or plot beats they come across. Or force their own idea of a trope onto the world somehow that’s different than what the people think is “cliche/expected”

Novel_Fam

Honestly, if that were to happen, I pity them.
I believe that once their fate/destiny has been decided the character they ended up in will continue in that direction no matter how much you change it.

And there definitely will be consequences as any mention of the future or otherworldly things that should not exist in my novel shall put the state at whoever they love into a deep slumber and to find the cure, it will be in the hero’s/protagonist’s hands but as always won’t be given away since it’s either a “legacy” or a “prized treasure.”

So living their life to the fullest is all that they can do.

Last edited:

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
My world is just Earth but magical and a bit insane, but nothing would change except they have no identity, no one knew them.

Just a normal guy in an insane world not too dissimilar to their own, as long as they stay in the city.

Let me recount things that are dangerous:

Gem Holder: 10 millions people out of 10 billions with the power of gods, historical figures, and worldly concepts.

Dragons sleeping across Europe that just want to be left alone.

Wyverns in the Artic

Drakes in Asia that are hunt for food

Elementals in Africa

A fuckton of evil spirits in Asia

Secret organizations either defending humanity or plotting world domination

Cults worshipping eldritch gods

The will of the universe waking up

Yeah, nothing too bad.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Depending on their personality, they might just explode on the spot. Magic is funny like that.

My written out story is a small portion of the 'multiverse', but it's just the modern, normal Earth- with everyone getting a Dungeon Core.

If the realm traveler gets a Core, then they find themselves confined to a 5x5 room, but with nearly godlike power.
If they don't, then they're trapped on a practically deserted world with nearly 8 billion godlike beings waiting just out of sight.

If they go to a world that isn't Earth, somewhere in an unwritten part of the setting, then literally anything could happen. Normal fantasy Isekai, Sci-Fi adventure, sacred Hero, magicless daily life; it's a lot.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
bruh they die horribly. unless you get extremely lucky to be born in a certain race you will die. No powerups that can be exploited. Even if you somehow become lucky if you don't find a city you are dead. There are species ending calamities just strolling around. There is no hero to save you. The language barrier will kill you. honestly, I feel bad for any sucker getting isekaied to my story

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
They might find dead loved ones who are still alive in my world.

Jemini

The way it works in my story world is that the power system is based on the intensity of a person's soul, and earth has some special properties that nurture a person's soul passively. As such, anyone who gets isekaied to my world will start off at the bottom of the mid-tier for power scales, which means god-like to all normal humans but just barely passable for anyone with true power in the world. But, they would be at a massive disadvantage against anyone legitimately in their power tier, because everyone else at the same level of power as them will have had centuries of combat training to handle their powers while the isekaied person would lack all of that.

What's more, having an infant who is already outside the mortal realm of power will attract a lot of attention. So, the poor isekaied person will be sucked into the upper tiers of power where they'll be completely out of their depth before they've even properly learned to walk, and never get a chance to lord their powers over the weak masses.

Ishmahl

I mean, in my world, it would really depend on whether they are reborn or straight up teleported, if they got straight up teleported? depending on where it puts them, they would be pretty screwed, especially since I haven't even finished actually mapping out the world (it's a project that im working on as the story goes, cause some places are too far away to get mentioned anyway, stuff hasn't really been done there) if they got put in the wilderness, I'd give them a 75% chance of making it to a city in most places, if they get put in the Underground lands, I wish them better luck next time. If they got reincarnated directly, things would definitely be a lot better than that. They could become powerful with some luck and a lot of effort. Although if they got into a fight to the death with the main character, even if they won, they would die. Really no winning if they get in conflict with the main character. But if they don't get into conflict with the main character, I can't think of any reason an isekai'd person would end up dying unless they got extremely overconfident or got very unlucky.

My Story:

RollieOwl

G.o.D Project - If they get isekai-ed right before the novel started then pray they were at the right location at the right time otherwise ☠️

Idol in Another World : as long they're in the capital of some kingdom, it's safe, any other locations are landmines

Willowed Wreaths : Transmigration or Rebirth doesn't matter in this one. Good luck surviving! 👍