What is the best way to cool down when it's deathly hot?

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
That sounds like a nice temperature. Do they have any specialty dishes? I might abduct @Bajitonz and @Miserys_End to eat some fine international delicacies.......then ditch them there unwittingly. Muahahaha....Oh wait, did I say that aloud? *blinks*
Other than being the home of Pu'er tea, Yunnan's cuisine is too varied to make generalisations. The cuisine of Yunnan is often compared to the cuisine of SEA as the province borders the region and many of the ethnic minorities or related cultural groups also have a presence in Southeast Asia.
Oh Yunnan is the administrative district Kunming is in.
I spend a nice winter there once where the rest of China was freezing and polluted, but it was a lovely 21C with clear skys. Only downfall of it is that English is not a commonly spoken language there, like it is in some of the larger cities like Shanghai. You can get by without knowing a lick of Chinese in Shanghai, its harder in Kunming!

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Currently, the land of Sauron has got some serious high temperatures going on. O.O I'm always looking for advice on how to cool down. In this heat I am feeling rather adventurous so no suggestion is too small or too ridiculous.

Signed The Melting Bunny
stick a spoon in some ice for a few minutes, then press it behind your ear lobe. do the same with a rag but wrap it around your neck, you should do this with your underarms and your inner thiga as well. Wear a piece of light undergarment, it will prevent chaffing which will in turn help keep yourself cool. Your body will feel cooler if its well hydrated, so drink lots of water. Listen to some music, it distracts you.

Miserys_End

[Lv1 Pretend Person] Im the person I pretend to be
If the sun disappeared today, in the few days before the compete extinction of all human life, I would be one happy cat.
Death to the Sun!
Nah, whether the sun blew up, imploded, or turned off like a light and disappears. The inhabitants of earth would perish soon after. If the sun blows up, we are flashed cooked just before the explosion strips the earth of its atmosphere and crust.
If the sun implodes or disappears, we loose not only our heat source, but also the gravity well. Earthquakes would be the least of our worries as we were sling shotted out of the solar system or were compressed along with the earth into something the size of a grain of dust and sucked into the resulting black hole. Hypothetically ofcourse

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Nah, whether the sun blew up, imploded, or turned off like a light and disappears. The inhabitants of earth would perish soon after. If the sun blows up, we are flashed cooked just before the explosion strips the earth of its atmosphere and crust.
If the sun implodes or disappears, we loose not only our heat source, but also the gravity well. Earthquakes would be the least of our worries as we were sling shotted out of the solar system or were compressed along with the earth into something the size of a grain of dust and sucked into the resulting black hole. Hypothetically ofcourse

So it would just turn into a scene from Dante's Inferno..... I guess that would go in keeping with the threads topic. XD

Bluebery

Serpent Keeper
No, you can boom boom the moon too, then everything will go back to balance.

Miserys_End

So it would just turn into a scene from Dante's Inferno..... I guess that would go in keeping with the threads topic. XD
Yes.... we'll go with that for now xD
No, you can boom boom the moon too, then everything will go back to balance.
Unfortunately, no. The moon is attached to our gravity well. And depending on where the moon was at the time the sun disappears could either be ripped out of orbit or crash into the surface of earth. Not that it would matter. We would all be a thin red paste as gravity shifts with the sudden loss of the sun.

As a side note, this will cool down rather quickly as the only warmth the surface of earth will receive will be from the core and whatever magma the volcanoes are able to spew out before it freezes in the atmosphere

Last edited:

Nyanko

The Clawing Chaos, Nyanlathotep
^^ No matter what happens, I'll still be happy with the complete annihilation of the sun.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Yes.... we'll go with that for now xD

Unfortunately, no. The moon is attached to our gravity well. And depending on where the moon was at the time the sun disappears could either be ripped out of orbit or crash into the surface of earth. Not that it would matter. We would all be a thin red paste as gravity shifts with the sudden loss of the sun.

As a side note, this will cool down rather quickly as the only warmth the surface of earth will receive will be from the core and whatever magma the volcanoes are able to spew out before it freezes in the atmosphere

How do you know so much about this topic. O.O

Also, I'm currently in meltdown recovery mode. I actually had to have a long soak in the pool in the shade to cool down sufficiently. It got really hot really quick for some reason. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Miserys_End

How do you know so much about this topic. O.O

Also, I'm currently in meltdown recovery mode. I actually had to have a long soak in the pool in the shade to cool down sufficiently. It got really hot really quick for some reason. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I've watched too many discovery channel disaster documentaries over the many years. The eggheads really like thinking up new ways we could die. The discovery channel just added cgi, a narrator and a few interviews from "scientific experts" and called it a show xD

So while I doubt we could call their hypothetical situation 100% completely accurate, there is likely some truth amongst all the bullshit. LoL

Well if nothing else I bet you lost some water weight as you melted away. Just keep yourself hydrated. Less chance of getting heat stroke that way.

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Hehe, for a minute there i thought you might have gotten your info from this guy....

FemmeFatale

O.O Skullie Did It O.O
Yeah that guy always seemed way stoned off his ass. I kept expecting him to start munching down on hot pockets mid interview xD

I love watching his shows when I am having an altered state. :0_0::0_0::0_0: