What is your favorite apocalypse?

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Not in a realistic sense, cuz no one really wants the end of the world, right? Especially for sane humans who want to continue their super boring life.

Apparently, I am not sane... Hmmm... I don't really know, I am not sure... I guess fantasizing about zombie apocalypses is harmful to my health, but I freaking love them! I had a lucid dream lately of living in a zombie apocalyptic world. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE, but the adrenaline rushing to my veins is quite something.
Is there a nightmare that makes you excited? It sounds wrong in so many ways, and that's nuts. I must be dulusional.

Then I woke up, still having a hard time to breath. I freaking realized my fatso brother's leg is literally over my fucking neck!

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
Is there a nightmare that makes you excited?
'a m-masochist??'
None, I hate nightmares.

I did have some nightmares with zombies in it. And usually, it ended up with me caught by the zombies—and of course, it bite me on the leg.

Then I woke up with tears in my eyes.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Poor women? Isn't it poor your d*ck?
Death by snu snu is a viable option.
'a m-masochist??'
None, I hate nightmares.

I did have some nightmares with zombies in it. And usually, it ended up with me caught by the zombies—and of course, it bite me on the leg.

Then I woke up with tears in my eyes.
It used to be Sadako chasing me.

Now it is my car crashing, car spoiling and the debt company hounding me as my nightmares.

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
An interesting idea I've come across was of a nuclear war whose radiation slowly spread throughout the planet, leaving the survivors in Australia with a little time to think over their lives and ensuing deaths. It was obviously depressing but also a very interesting concept. Of course, such a slow death sounds horrible in the real world. I suppose this isn't very exciting so I may have failed the question. I'll just hope the F stands for fantastic. :sweat_smile: If anybody is curious, the book and movie were called 'On The Beach.'

BigHoodieBoy

It is a dream from about 3 years ago, but I still vividly remember it.
So basically, it starts off with a zombie tag video game, and that game becomes reality. It’s similar to a normal zombie apocalype, but the zombies can level up while the humans can’t. Also, the zombies have a map to view the humans.
It ended with me being the last person alive getting infected, then declaring ’The game will now restart’, and I woke up. Never ending zombie apocalypse where once the world ends it gets reset. If that’s not scary, I don’t know what is.

Another apocalyptic dream I had was 5 years ago.

It was like a zombie apocalypse, but instead of zombies, there was dead people hanging from a noose in the sky.

When the dead spotted someone alive, they grabbed them and hoisted them up, where a noose would appear for them to be hanged.

I woke up when I was hung, which is not a pleasant experience.

So to answer the question, I would prefer neither of those, and instead choose the sun exploding, a painless death.

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
Disaster kind like San Andreas and 2012. I prefer watching the character's run and survive the ever-changing environment.

In the post apocalyptic settings like Mad Max or Water World, people venture out, fight and race to find the last and ideal place.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
This morning I kept dreaming that a spider was crawling across the blankets in front of my eyes.
One of the few times I died in a dream without waking up was also a zombie nightmare. Even though I went all heroic sacrifice, they ended up finding a cure and all of us zombies ended up alive in a wheat field as humans- for some reason?

Wait, this is about apocalypses, not nightmares. I guess by default it's a system apocalypse? Being able to get some LitRPG wish fulfillment would be much better than starving to death or getting eaten by zombies or aliens. I did like AvP Requiem though, in concept if not form.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Not in a realistic sense, cuz no one really wants the end of the world, right? Especially for sane humans who want to continue their super boring life.

Apparently, I am not sane... Hmmm... I don't really know, I am not sure... I guess fantasizing about zombie apocalypses is harmful to my health, but I freaking love them! I had a lucid dream lately of living in a zombie apocalyptic world. IT WAS A NIGHTMARE, but the adrenaline rushing to my veins is quite something.
Is there a nightmare that makes you excited? It sounds wrong in so many ways, and that's nuts. I must be dulusional.

Then I woke up, still having a hard time to breath. I freaking realized my fatso brother's leg is literally over my fucking neck!
We live in one, it’s the boomer truth regime

TotallyHuman

Not in a realistic sense, cuz no one really wants the end of the world, right?
A akin Padme meme.jpeg

Is there a nightmare that makes you excited?
Nightmare? Not really. The idea of Earth being hit by an asteroid, wiping out most lifeforms seems cathartic, however

DubstheDuke

You know, there is something that I really like about apocalyptic stories in general. Of course, zombie apocalypses would be my personal favorite, just because I find the whole "Survival while surrounded by monsters" to be extremely interesting.

But other apocalypses can be cool too. Alien invasions, nuclear wasteland following war, etc.

There is something I really like about the entire concept of a ruined world, where barbarism returns and where civilized society no longer holds it's grasp on humanity. The possibilities are endless in this type of world. Power becomes so much more focused on physical prowess, and small cliques will form and eventually these cliques will grow into factions and groups.

It will be effectively tribal society almost like native americans, where some are fighting against one another and others are peaceful, but if they don't arm themselves then even the peaceful ones will be overtaken by the militant ones.

It's because I am extremely interested in this idea that I am writing my current series, as it's set in a zombie apocalypse. I'm looking forward to seeing this sort of world in action.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Nah, just focus on yourself. Make money, workout, and develop a personality. And don't end up as misogynist along the way.
A little too late on the last part 😋 A tad bit of a lame joke but I am more terrified of women than being an incel to them.

Having an eight-to-five job is not a good way to make money. This is not a joke to all. I would say try investment, but for those who don't study hard in the profession, it is akin throwing money into fire.

Workout... now that is a phrase I haven't heard since the start of university and I had already left the damn place nearly a decade ago.

As for personality... I used to kid about suffering help build character and one has a chance to be better. Shame that I don't do what I preach.