What kind of relationship do you have with money?

Do you have a healthy relationship with money?

• I'd rather not answer that...

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I am a subsistence farmer or have taken an oath of poverty to honor my belief system, and use none

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have a healthy relationship with money and put a fraction of all income aside for retirement

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I can't help but spend all my income almost instantly, but I have no debts

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I am in debt and sometimes struggle to keep up, I blame the economy

• I am in debt and sometimes struggle to keep up, my bad habits came home to roost

• I am a miser and save every penny I earn

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Though financially sound, I obsess over sales and prices. I often spend great efforts to get a deal

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Money is the root of all evil (or at least slightly corrupting). I am scared to own, earn, or use it

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

SternenklarenRitter

My country of origin tends to fetishize wealth in several ways, so I wondered how many of the readers here are able to treat money like the inert tool for facilitating the trade of goods and services it logically should be.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
IMG_20200929_164859.jpg

SternenklarenRitter

When I was little I was so afraid of money that I would flush the dollar from the 'tooth fairy' down the toilet out of fear it would make me a drug addict. Now that I am old, I can properly use enough money for daily life. It still starts to feel threatening and dangerous if my wallet gets too fat, so I just give it to my brother at that time.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I am in debt, I don't lavishly spend on anything though.

Student loan.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
College is life. Employment is Hell.
More like Employment is boredom.

Half of it is dealing with whims of customers, another half is dealing woth whims of your superiors.
When I was little I was so afraid of money that I would flush the dollar from the 'tooth fairy' down the toilet out of fear it would make me a drug addict. Now that I am old, I can properly use enough money for daily life. It still starts to feel threatening and dangerous if my wallet gets too fat, so I just give it to my brother at that time.
I am poor, was and still is. So the concept of money is always spend on necessary items.

If you got extra, spend on future investment.

Farok

I like money! You know why? Because money can replace everything.

It lets you buy things. It lets you buy lives. It lets you buy people. It lets you buy hearts. It lets you buy happiness. It lets you buy dreams.

I love money because it’s so important and yet not irreplaceable. So looking at it the other way around, I hate irreplaceable things.

“I can’t live without this”. “That’s the only reason I’m alive”. “That’s my only purpose in life”.

Things that have scarcity value like that piss me off the most.

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
Honestly, if I had a choice I would save more. But I literally have none. I am permanently disabled and have to live off the government. I live within my means and do okay, but if I save anything the government will take it. I'm given just enough to survive with very little extra outside of it. But I scrimp and use the extra as wisely as possible. It's not really an existence I would wish for anyone though.

EternalSunset0

Set aside part of it for savings and such, splurge the remaining on art commissions and weeb shit like cards, video games, etc.

I always make sure not to go anywhere near the red. I live with a family, so the home expenses are split and aren't too hard on me.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Me and money is like death is paying me to die. 24 years later and death must either be rich af or signed a contract with a rich person since I don't know why but he still pays me money to die.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I think I was some kind of dragon or another kind of hoarder in one of my previous lifes.

While I don't dislike spending money for stuff I like (food, books, games) I don't see myself going out of my way for it.

Might also be because I'm currently freelancing and want to put aside a bit so I can repay the 'loan' my parents gave me without them noticing.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I've always had what I needed.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
My living situation conditioned me to save every penny I have, but I still have the urge to buy something whenever I'm hungry or thirsty. Just a simple snack or drink, but that does adds up.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
every thing i own is a gift or stolen