What other sites besides ScribbleHub do you post in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
If you've been posting novels online for more than one month, you'll realize that exclusively posting on one site is basically career suicide.

I used to post in two: here and Royal Road.

Then this happened:

For reference, this is what I posted in a thread:

Apparently, Royal Road doesn't like sexual stuff whatsoever. Well, the ban's been a long time coming anyway. I have had a whole smut series on there since last year.

Long story short, I'm now homeless. I've tried Tapas, Honeyfeed, and Webnovel, but I didn't stay as a resident, mainly because of the UI, the climate/culture, and general moral principles respectively.

Mind recommending some other sites to post my writing in?

aimless

Wanderer of Forums
If you've been posting novels online for more than one month, you'll realize that exclusively posting on one site is basically career suicide.

Then this happened:

Apparently, Royal Road doesn't like sexual stuff whatsoever. Well, the ban's been a long time coming anyway. I have had a whole smut series on there since last year.

Long story short, I'm now homeless. I've tried Tapas, Honeyfeed, and Webnovel, but I didn't stay as a resident, mainly because of the UI, the climate/culture, and general moral principles respectively.

‘’You’ve been banned. Expiration: Tuesday, July 19th, 2072 09:50 PM.’’ Bro a 50 year ban for shit they allow on their platform 💀

D

Deleted member 54065

Been posting in:

1) HoneyFeed
2) Syosetsu (yes, the Japanese site. How? Google Translate is your friend.)
3) Pixiv
4) WebNovel (contrary to others, my experience in WebNovel is okay.)
5) Wattpad

I got my story's first arc uploaded here, but under a different account, since my friend Assurbanipal volunteered to upload it for me for personal reasons.

I tried posting in these sites before, but I didn't like the culture/audience/UI in the end...

1) RoyalRoad
2) ScribbleHub
3) Penana
4) Inkitt
5) SofaNovel
6) CreativeNovels
7) That German site I forgot the name...
8) Booklat

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Been posting in:

1) HoneyFeed
2) Syosetsu (yes, the Japanese site. How? Google Translate is your friend.)
3) Pixiv
4) WebNovel (contrary to others, my experience in WebNovel is okay.)
5) Wattpad

I got my story's first arc uploaded here, but under a different account, since my friend Assurbanipal volunteered to upload it for me for personal reasons.

I tried posting in these sites before, but I didn't like the culture/audience/UI in the end...

1) RoyalRoad
2) ScribbleHub
3) Penana
4) Inkitt
5) SofaNovel
6) CreativeNovels
7) That German site I forgot the name...
8) Booklat
Oh? What’s your Syosetu ID? I’ll bookmark your story and give it a PV (page-view).

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
AO3, Literotica (a poor site though), storiesonline (another poor site)

It might be nice to see you post in pivix though, since the weird shits over there will definitely not get you banned.

Nirokuro

*Slaying tigers*

Then this happened:

I don't write sexual stuff realy but i tried to post on honey feed and they really don't liek Fantasy genre they are more off high school guys, and fantasy shoujo stuff, they also hate sexual things and don't expect much the view there are very rare

D

Deleted member 54065

I don't write sexual stuff realy but i tried to post on honey feed and they really don't liek Fantasy genre they are more off high school guys, and fantasy shoujo stuff, they also hate sexual things and don't expect much the view there are very rare
More like, HF denizens are fine with Fantasy, weaboo (no insult intended) style.

BenJepheneT

I don't primarily write sexual stuff, it's just something I have in my portfolio. My stuff is more fusion oriented, with elements from the east and west joined together.

More like, HF denizens are fine with Fantasy, weaboo (no insult intended) style.
There are definitely readers.

My novel there got some views.
Alright, I'll go give both sites a try (HF again) though I won't hope for much

D

Deleted member 54065

I don't primarily write sexual stuff, it's just something I have in my portfolio. My stuff is more fusion oriented, with elements from the east and west joined together.

Alright, I'll go give both sites a try (HF again) though I won't hope for much
Why don't you try Pixiv? Or Deviant Art?

D

Deleted member 54065

Are you getting any readers or feedback?
Given my experiences with MTL, their reading experience must be horrible...
I don't do translations. I just post there in English. The Google Translate is for translating the site itself so I can navigate, not for my work.

Are there any other English stories there? Yes, there are. Like that one work by a Norwegian author living in Japan, or that work by a Japanese doctor who read a religious book.

Do I get readers?

This is the statistics today, July 21, 2022 at 7am in my place (8am in JPN).
Screenshot_20220721_071452_com.android.chrome.jpg

This is the top 10 dates where I have the most visitors.
Screenshot_20220721_071508_com.android.chrome.jpg

Do I get feedback?

My story rating based on 10 ratings. The 54 'cases' there are the readers who bookmarked my work. And I got two users following me.
Screenshot_20220721_071530_com.android.chrome.jpg

Do I get comments?

One of the comments I received.
Screenshot_20220721_071608_com.android.chrome.jpg

If you're thinking of posting on Syosetsu in English, first, users there have a prejudice in English works (they tend to give low ratings based on language). Second, there is a steady audience, but don't expect the Japanese to be giving feedback. Third, English works rarely get attention there.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJepheneT

Why don't you try Pixiv? Or Deviant Art?
Gonna sound a bit bitchy from me but I prefer posting stories in a site that exclusively hosts stories, or at least primarily hosts 'em. I feel like it's also redundant when I post in foreign language sites. It's like finding a whole book in Spanish in the middle of SH. I just know the views are less of actual readers and more of Curious Georges.

D

Deleted member 54065

Gonna sound a bit bitchy from me but I prefer posting stories in a site that exclusively hosts stories, or at least primarily hosts 'em. I feel like it's also redundant when I post in foreign language sites. It's like finding a whole book in Spanish in the middle of SH. I just know the views are less of actual readers and more of Curious Georges.
Well, your call. I'm just suggesting anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.