What to do if you cannot focus on writing?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
My brain fights against me and even though I feel fine and everything I'm having the darndest time trying to focus long enough to finish my chapter (I'm hoping to get it done before the movers invade my home and take my couch) are there any tips and tricks to focus, o great and wise peers?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Don't write.

take a nap or whatever.

try not to think about anything related to writing (if possible).

You'll get back to it when you're ready. (If this is not possible due to a deadline, then I suggest adderall or alcohol, never both).

EnoraTwilight

My brain have wrinkles
I will take a shower usually, and then I will want to write when I get out.

D

Deleted member 54065

My brain fights against me and even though I feel fine and everything I'm having the darndest time trying to focus long enough to finish my chapter (I'm hoping to get it done before the movers invade my home and take my couch) are there any tips and tricks to focus, o great and wise peers?
I remove every distraction (stop gaming, watching, reading manga, etc.) and allot myself time constraints (three to four weeks) to push myself to focus on writing.

After that, I take a break for one to two months so as not to burn out.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Just do it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Procreate, and then you will have no time to focus on writing.