What to do when too many story ideas

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
I have a fun brain which means it's very easy for me to come up with the starts of a story but torment to continue from the start. I would love to be the type of person to juggle multiple stories and not like explode but instead all my story ideas, concepts, and character designs that I'm not using go into my phone notes to gather dust until I crack and fiddle with them a little before going back to my main story.
What about y'all? What to do when you have too many story ideas and not enough energy to follow through?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Procreate so you can't write any of them.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Plan them out so when you do get to them, you'll be having a breeze of a time writing them.

Rhaps

Xenophobia Incarnate
Write a few chapters to test the idea and see they are really fucking weird. Like stripper crab girl, librarian automaton, folklore accurate fairy king, etc.

Illyadil

I have a fun brain which means it's very easy for me to come up with the starts of a story but torment to continue from the start. I would love to be the type of person to juggle multiple stories and not like explode but instead all my story ideas, concepts, and character designs that I'm not using go into my phone notes to gather dust until I crack and fiddle with them a little before going back to my main story.
What about y'all? What to do when you have too many story ideas and not enough energy to follow through?
When I have a bunch of story, ideas going through my head… I normally go with either a Sliders theme or Stargate theme.

3guanoff

Write them down and see which ones age well. Whenever you feel like writing, select one of those fine wines and start pouring. In old age your creativity may not flow as freely, and you might be grateful for even the cheaper wines in your notes.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
eat spaghetti and forgete. Rinse and repeat. Or you can break the cycle and make sticky notes lol. Whatever you choose. Though me personally spaghetti bruh

Viator

Wandering Moon that conceals the tide
It's a bit of an amalgamation for me. I always think about what I want to say with the story. I ask myself, "what is it's core?" Then I start to pile on the ideas and connect them together to fit the soul of the work. It's pretty fun to twist and fit seemingly unrelated ideas together. Always write down your ideas, no matter how ridiculous. You never know when you can fit them into a completely unrelated project down the line.

mcarrowen

I have a lot of story ideas too! I tend to jump from one story idea to another. I have around 20 story ideas and they are connected. I keep notes either in a notebook or Google Keep. Also, I create book cover designs for it :D

MouseDestruction

My best advice is to open a word document (or whatever you use to write) and title it Chapter one. Save it, close it.
When you feel ready to write you can start straight away without putting yourself off.
Its a tiny thing, but it gets you started.

NotOriginal

I write them down and organize how I am gonna approach them, for most I would begin them and see how far I can take it without my head exploding from factoring several other story variables. Once I reach that point I leave it alone and work on other stuff until I have a idea on how to approach it from where I left off.

LAJistics

Is it gay, if it's with a futa?
I've just got a bunch of ideas pinned in my notes app, on my phone. Add a little bit of the outline that I might have thought of, then... Only write 1k words a day, for one of those ideas.

Boom! Now it takes like 2 months to write a story and I come up with more ideas that will just gather dust as I snail my way to another completed story.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
Write them down, a synopsis, character details... that what I do, thanks to that I have about 6 gigs of character stats

StaleRice

I write a few chapters to see if it vibes with me, or I make them into a short story/poem.
wise ass individual in the chat spitting facts left and right

If OP can't actually focus and be productive with any single story because there are too many ideas on the table, honestly, that might be the better option. In my case, I took a weekend to experiment with everything that came to mind. By the time you're 3 chapters into your story concepts, you kinda know what's enjoyable to write and what's a challenge to even sit down and look at.

Writing multiple things at once is a bad idea though you'll overextend and feed your indecisiveness by doing that. You especially dont wanna start posting and then renege on a project people are already reading