What type of music do you listen to while you write?

honeymilkwrites

And do you change the music you listen to depending on what you're writing, or do you prefer no music at all?

For me, regardless of whether the scene I'm writing is happy or sad, exciting or slow, I listen to rap songs and sad pop songs. Rap songs give me that burst of motivation from hearing lyrics about ambition for four minutes (on loop), while sad songs keep making me think about that one insane, tragic scene I can't wait to get to.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I don't hear music at all while writing, but songs do help me get in the mood to start writing.

It's kinda like a ritual, I play a specific song and play one or two minesweeper matches while the song goes on, and once the song finishes, I start writing, it works pretty well for me.

For the record, the song I listen to before writing is this one:

There is no meaning in particular behind it, it just works well and gets me in work mood~

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
There's already a discussion here actually.

honeymilkwrites

There's already a discussion here actually.
Woah, whoops.

LWFlouisa

As strange as this sounds, while normally I'll occasionally listen to J-Pop, when I'm trying to get into the writing mode, I'm actually listening to Flamenco and Pimba:

Yorth

Swordman
I cannot write if I don't act out the scene in real life. So I rarely ever use music

I don't normally listen to songs while I write, but when I do, I choose ambient sounds. things like fireplace and raining sounds, it helps to calm me down and relax.

here's an example of what i've been listening to lately.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I mostly listen to video games soundtracks (and sometimes Beatles songs I know so well I can tune out the lyrics), and I do try to make them match the mood of the chapter I'm writing. Zelda for heroic stuff, Metroid for mystery, Kirby or Stardew Valley for calm or happy moments, for example.