What was the first story you really liked?

Alaska

For me it would have to be curious George. Because he’s a cute little monkey!

ABCGUY

The German Idiot
The King of Hell’s Genius Pampered Wife

This Google translated 3000+ Chapters Chinese Novel

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I had two books that really got me into reading as a kid from among the books my mother had received from swap meets and used book stores. One was "Peter Piper picked a Peck of pickled peppers" and the other was "L'MORTE de Arthur."

I guess Doraemon? It's basically the OG wish-fulfillment story if Nobita didn't fuck up every episode.

Though I do like the gadgets and the cheats. I often thought of how much better it would turn out if it were me getting them instead of Nobita. Though, having someone like Doraemon as my friend, without any cheats, was already special to me.

EternalSunset0

I forgot at this point because I was an avid reader as early as kindergarten. When it comes to full novels, it's probably one of the mandatory readings among the classic literature that you get given in elementary.

The first "novel series" I remember reading and following would be the Harry Potter series though.

Lorelliad

call me Roamer 🎩
I used to have a collection of this novel series called Beast Quest.

Idk, my 9 year old brain was just stunned at the countless number of monsters and instead stared at it instead of reading the actual book.

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
Overlord—if not for the light novel fan translation, I wouldn't have been introduced to the world of light novel, honestly.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

Curious George
My parents said that was my first word, but I don't remember it, so it doesn't count.

Tempokai

Overworked One
I can't remember the name of the story, but it was about a boy whose grandfather was a mad scientist. Boy had everyday problems, and his grandfather would give him his "inventions," which were relatively tame in sci-fi terms.

The best story inside was about a boy going camping in the woods with his class and his mother packing his backpack so heavy that he could barely lift it. So he goes to see his grandfather, who gives him small "satiation pills," one pill equaling one meal. He then goes camping empty-handed, discarding everything, and everyone is envious of him not being tired, yada-yada. They march through the woods for several days. So, on the last day of camping, he gets lost in the woods with the girl after rock sliding (?) occurs. They have no food except for the boy's pill. They had started a campfire and were sitting around it while hungry. While looking at the girl who was almost crying, the boy realized why his mother was right. He quickly makes a fake pill out of the edible grass nearby and gives the real pill to the girl while eating the fake. The girl was overjoyed, and they camped for the night. The following day, the group locates them and they return home. After that,the boy tells to his grandpa what he did in while camping, and usual morale of the story scene occurs, the end.

It's was pretty memorable, considering it is almost 20 years since I read it in my grandma's house and I still remember it.

Amok

grblbrbl
i remember being scared to the max watching some sort of bat attack movie. i was sensitive as fuck to horror and gore in my younger years.

even tho i could look at an animal carcass irl being dissected and not feel nothing much, more curiosity at the strange bits coming out of the buck than anything else.