What would you say to someone who is going to die tomorrow?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I was browsing NUF for the first time in a long while, and I realized that the threads there are really philosophical.

Anyhow, here's a hypothetical scenario that you can chew on like a cookie. :blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

It is an ordinary weekday at 1:00 PM. You are in a cafeteria eating lunch with an acquaintance.​
For some reason, you are aware that your acquaintance is going to die tomorrow at 8:00 AM. Specifically, s/he is going to donate their heart and give up their life to save someone else who is important to them. They are absolutely settled on this decision and it is impossible for you to change their mind.​
Your acquaintance is sitting across from you and eating their lunch perfectly calmly . They make small talk normally (as if it's any other ordinary day) and they don't mention anything about how they are going to die tomorrow. They informed you several weeks ago about their scheduled death (which is tomorrow), but for some reason they chose not to bring it up in their conversation today (thus far). Instead, they ask about how you are doing and whether you have plans for the next weekend, blah, blah, blah.​

Is there anything you want to say to them?

Amarathia

Nah. If they are just an acquaintance, I would just go along with the conversation and not say anything in particular. Not interested in bringing it up unless they do first, and since they're just a casual acquaintance it's not like I'd be crying or reminiscing about past stuffs either.

If it were a friend there is a slight chance I might say things I really like about them/are grateful for and get that off my chest. There is also the chance that I would still just joke around and talk like usual. Because it seems like said person in this scenario wants another normal day in their life before they die, and I'm cool with that.

There isn't much curiosity in asking about why, either, because it's clearly that they care about the other person more than themselves. If they were just gonna die for some rando or do something else that's life threatening for no particular reason, I might be more inclined to ask about it

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Live simply so others may simply live.

At least, that person knows and the choice can extend another person's life.

My mother had this friend whose family never informed her that she was dying. She often complained about being bored and kept wondering when she would be released. She never found out.

Mom told me about this a few days after the funeral. She asked if it really was better to let someone pass away in blissful ignorance or burden that person with their impending mortality but allowing for final farewells and settlements.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I was browsing NUF for the first time in a long while, and I realized that the threads there are really philosophical.

Anyhow, here's a hypothetical scenario that you can chew on like a cookie. :blob_cookie::blob_cookie::blob_cookie:

It is an ordinary weekday at 1:00 PM. You are in a cafeteria eating lunch with an acquaintance.​
For some reason, you are aware that your acquaintance is going to die tomorrow at 8:00 AM. Specifically, s/he is going to donate their heart and give up their life to save someone else who is important to them. They are absolutely settled on this decision and it is impossible for you to change their mind.​
Your acquaintance is sitting across from you and eating their lunch perfectly calmly . They make small talk normally (as if it's any other ordinary day) and they don't mention anything about how they are going to die tomorrow. They informed you several weeks ago about their scheduled death (which is tomorrow), but for some reason they chose not to bring it up in their conversation today (thus far). Instead, they ask about how you are doing and whether you have plans for the next weekend, blah, blah, blah.​

I have seen the word "philosophical" often being thrown around. In most cases, such allegations are unfounded and mere sophistry is often confounded with philosophy. :blob_evil_two:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

If it was a friend?
"Get in bitch we're gettin some alcohol, pussy and weed"
If it was a woman, "Get in bitch we're getting some alcohol, cock and cocaine."
I wpuldnt be partaking of the cock myself, obviously, unless it was an illegal cock fight.

But if it was a family member? Hell I dunno. I aint all THAT close to my family but i would at least take them to do somthing crazy too. If i knew it was their LAST day. Heck i would tell them to go do whatever the fuck they want. No consequences for the dead.

I am not a good influence, in case you didnt notice.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I think i'll just normally chat with them until tomorrow and ask if i want to join with them for the last time.

Death is always regarded as a painful experience no one wants to have so i plan on cheering them on even on the last moment.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Nothing. The guy's got his plans made. Anything more would probably throw him off his poise. Just wish him silent luck and move on with life.

If it was a friend?
"Get in bitch we're gettin some alcohol, pussy and weed"
If it was a woman, "Get in bitch we're getting some alcohol, cock and cocaine."
I wpuldnt be partaking of the cock myself, obviously, unless it was an illegal cock fight.

But if it was a family member? Hell I dunno. I aint all THAT close to my family but i would at least take them to do somthing crazy too. If i knew it was their LAST day. Heck i would tell them to go do whatever the fuck they want. No consequences for the dead.

I am not a good influence, in case you didnt notice.

My guy, the man's tryna give his heart. You wanna kill two?

TotallyHuman

It is an ordinary weekday at 1:00 PM. You are in a cafeteria eating lunch with an acquaintance.
The scenario a priori implies that it's not an ordinary weekday
Your acquaintance is sitting across from you and eating their lunch perfectly calmly . They make small talk normally (as if it's any other ordinary day) and they don't mention anything about how they are going to die tomorrow. They informed you several weeks ago about their scheduled death (which is tomorrow), but for some reason they chose not to bring it up in their conversation today (thus far). Instead, they ask about how you are doing and whether you have plans for the next weekend, blah, blah, blah.
If they don't want to talk, I wouldn't bother them. it's been several weeks and I had probably accepted their decision.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
I'd ask them about how they've been. Ask them about family and loved ones. Hopefully they'll say something really sad but sweet I can say to their family.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I think that by this point I'd have already said everything I would have wanted to say.

So... I'd probably just hang out with them until they called the day off. And then... Wish them good luck I guess.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠

I'll probably ask if there is no other way. If none. Well, I'll knock him down and tie him up for playing the hero part. I alone shall be a hero! Bahaha.:blobtaco:

Well for the serious answer. I'll give them a bit of deeper advice. They must think about whether the person would like it or not. Was sacrificing themselves really worth it? I'll make sure that they would clearly understand the possible recuperation of what they will do. I'll tell them that its selfishness that they are doing. think about their parents. Their friends. Their loved ones. Aren't those people also important to them? I'll do my best to talk them out of the thought. Well, this is me being me. I'm a busy buddy after all.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I'll probably ask if there is no other way. If none. Well, I'll knock him down and tie him up for playing the hero part. I alone shall be a hero! Bahaha.:blobtaco:
:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: I just had yandere imagery reading this.

Yes! Tie him up and throw him in your basement! He's not allowed to go die!

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: I just had yandere imagery reading this.

Yes! Tie him up and throw him in your basement! He's not allowed to go die!
Oh, better gagged him down. All you would need is some hot candles and a whip. And walla he's all yours.:blob_hide::blob_hide::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Seeing as I have been in a situation where a friend died the next day, or within a few days, on more than one occasion, I handled it depending on their personality. One bud just wanted to spend a normal day doing nothing but going for a meal, joyriding around the city, and then splitting a 6 pack of Milwaukee best with me. We never once spoke of it. He wanted it that way.

Another, who passed for non health related reasons but had a suspicion his time was coming soon, wanted to get shitfaced drunk. I can no longer drink vodka or Sunny D anymore since I'm reminded if how sick we both were. We hugged the white wishing well all night. My bud thought he puked his nuts out.

Just depends on the person whose dying.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Seeing as I have been in a situation where a friend died the next day, or within a few days, on more than one occasion, I handled it depending on their personality. One bud just wanted to spend a normal day doing nothing but going for a meal, joyriding around the city, and then splitting a 6 pack of Milwaukee best with me. We never once spoke of it. He wanted it that way.

Another, who passed for non health related reasons but had a suspicion his time was coming soon, wanted to get shitfaced drunk. I can no longer drink vodka or Sunny D anymore since I'm reminded if how sick we both were. We hugged the white wishing well all night. My bud thought he puked his nuts out.

Just depends on the person whose dying.
Wow, thank you for sharing. It's difficult for me to imagine what it must have been like.