Whats a novel you genuinely thought was amazing?

D

Deleted member 29316

Perhaps? Philiphine? :blob_aww:
Yep, that's where I come from...though sadly, we're not that 'bookish'. Most people here prefer singing and dancing than reading.

But in any case, those novels' English titles are 'Touch Me Not' (Noli me Tangere) and 'The Filibustering' (El Filibustero). They come from the late 1800s era of novels, and like Les Miserables (which inspired the author), it's also about revolutions.

Orchestius

Definitely Metaworld Chronicles on Royalroad. I loved how the author wrote it, you can binge read it without getting tired. No tiring info dump(even if there were i didnt even realized it). But the best part of his work for me is the world building. He don't mess around with location research"
But im taking a break for a while from it because the MC seemed to keep downgrading her INT stat lol. Might come back to it later. It has regular updates and good chapter length.

Vanny

Way of Choices, Snafu, and Coiling Dragon had me waiting like an addict.

Shadow_Tempest

They are not in order!

Tensei shitara slime Datta ken
Harry potter
Famous five
Sherlock Holmes
Secret garden
The Book Thief

zaetheiu

If you guys know Death flags no signs of ending and emperor of solo play, I think they are underappreciated as I think they deserve better recognition. Same with our own here, transmigrated into nobles beaten son, undying empire many more

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Webnovels:

City of Sin by Misty South

Monarch of Evernight also by Misty South

Release That Witch (I stopped my first readthrough in the 500's of chapters and have since lost my place when I stopped for a time, so I have to restart it)

The Storm King by Warden

Vacant Throne by Tower Curator

Void Domain also by Tower Curator

God In Gold by Rental (Its been on hiatus for years and I bummed out by that. It used to be called Why We Can't Have Nice Things but he changed the title)

Dawnlight Sovereign by YatogamiSakuya (Probably the only of two Xianxia I genuinely enjoyed though admittedly it was my first)

Spirit Immortal by Linodo (the other only xianxia I liked. The first book is downright awful,...the second is okay, but the Book 3 up to 14 is beautiful. He somewhat proved not ALL Xianxia is bad. Somewhat.

Published:
Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Anything by Bernard Cornwell but probably his Warlord Chronicles is my favorite since I'm a King Arthur nerd

Le Morte d'Arthur - written in the 1400's by Sir Thomas Mallory (King Arthur again)

The Storm Before The Storm by Mike Duncan (Because I'm a history nerd as well. Tells about the stuff in the Late Roman Republic that happened before Julius and Pompey became important. Personally, I find the people who lived in the decades before Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great to be more interesting than even they, though they were interesting enough. Gaius Marius and Cornelius Sulla were a much more interesting duo to me than Julius Caesar and Pompey the Great, or even the later trio Octavian, Marc Antony, & Cleopatra

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
"Dysmorphic Kingdom" by Colleen Chen
"The Red Light Princess" by James W. Bodden
"Confessions of a Gentleman Arachnid" by Michael Coolwood

This one is more a collection of short stories: "Visits to the Confabulatorium" by Soramimi Hanarejima

tyler89558

Dungeon defense
Mushoku Tensei
Second Coming of Gluttony
Everyone Else is a Returnee (sue me)
Spy Room
Sevens
Chrysalis
The legend of the legendary heroes (though I haven’t quite gotten to reading all of it yet)
The Martian
Altina the Sword Princess
ImoZa
Monarch of Evernight
Youjo Senki

At this point I’m just going to list half of the things I’ve read so imma stop now.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
Dungeon defense
Mushoku Tensei
Second Coming of Gluttony
Everyone Else is a Returnee (sue me)
Spy Room
Sevens
Chrysalis
The legend of the legendary heroes (though I haven’t quite gotten to reading all of it yet)
The Martian
Altina the Sword Princess
ImoZa
Monarch of Evernight
Youjo Senki

At this point I’m just going to list half of the things I’ve read so imma stop now.
Actually, I kinda enjoyed Everyone Else is a Returnee

Arielus

I found this one years ago I reread it alot
It's called enchanter of xarperion
It should be free on Kindle unlimited but it was just such a fun one to read honestly the romance was fun and the series engaging
God I'm seeing so much that i have read but don't remember and it's bringing it all back it's awesome
I'm sad I can't remember alot of the absolute gems I read on Kindle since I can't remember they're names and this thread makes me want to share them ugh
Everyone else is a returnee was fun and I read it just when it was being translated it was a OK read
I shall seal the heavens was alright I loved it since it was one of my first 3 xianxia
Blues dungeon is a fun read and I'm loving the latest chapters
I'm really wishing I could remember the titles of stories I loved it is driving me nuts

Last edited:

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
When I was like 9, 10 something like that, my dad got me Children of Blood and Bone. I don't think he checked the contents that closely so yeah 10 year old me ended up with a book that was not exactly appropriate for her. I remember liking it though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and it still exists in my possession to this day.

ohhdearme

What do you do at the end of the world? are you busy? will you save us?
LOTR all books
Goblin Slayer
Thief of time
Silmarillion
The unfinished tales
Boogiepop
Monogatari series

Last edited:

officialue

I am wondering whats a novel that you read before and thought 'Holy damn this is amazing why isnt this getting more recognition' or 'This is amazing and more people need to read this' ? Totally not gonna start reading all of these novels.
Everyone has different opinions so please dont start calling novels other people like bad.

Ill start with : Worlds' Apocalypse Online
Not really books, but some mangas that I really believe deserve more recognition are Hatsukoi Zombie and Hitman

And I also love Naruto but I don't think that it's in need of any more recognition lmao