When...

Succubiome

When you have been making your premium books free a couple at a time, and that gets you more subscribers. But you know that even if you publish a new book in English, they will wait for you to cave, and make it free.
When you just want your books to be read, so you migrate them from Smashwords, one by one, chapter by chapter.
I'm far from a marketing expert... but personally, if you make all your books free eventually anyways, I'd tell people the exact date that each book will become free-- then people might be slightly more likely to look at it as "getting to read it early" rather than an indeterminate "well, if I get it now and it becomes free tomorrow, I'll have been a sucker" or "maybe it'll be free tomorrow even if I don't buy it?"

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I'm far from a marketing expert... but personally, if you make all your books free eventually anyways, I'd tell people the exact date that each book will become free-- then people might be slightly more likely to look at it as "getting to read it early" rather than an indeterminate "well, if I get it now and it becomes free tomorrow, I'll have been a sucker" or "maybe it'll be free tomorrow even if I don't buy it?"
They will be read on SH. That is enough for me.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
When you decide that you need more time to read, so you talk yourself into writing just three chapters for your WIP...
They are 1.5k words long, so you still end up writing more than 4.5k words and finish for the day only 1 hour before your usual time.
XD
When you wish you could write as many words as doravg, but you are a lazy fuck.

doravg

When you have the suspicion, that people are recommending your German books to other people, and you are just like...
Hold it in, BL Witch! One must never shed tears, no matter the reason! Hold it together!
I am riding a dopamine high right now...

doravg

When the novel which barely got any attention on Smashwords gets chapter views here and not just page views. My baby is being read!
AO3 has trained me to cherish the views, even if they are not many. It is something I didn't know I needed, but actually needed a lot.
When someone expects to sell your pink parrot-flamingo mix, AI-generated art, for $300+...
I am not even mad. If it goes through, I'd be impressed. XD
The parrot in question.

Last edited:

doravg

When you see yourself in the mirror and notice that your cheeks have sunken up a bit since you started working out 3 months ago! And now that I don't eat chocolate, my skin is clear from pimples!
Today is a good day!

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
When love comes in
And takes you for a spin,
Ooh-la-la-la, c'est magnifique!
when every night
Your loved one holds you tight,
Ooh-la-la-la, c'est magnifique!

But when, one day,
Your loved one drifts away,
Ooh-la-la-la, it's so tragique!
But when, once more,
She whispers "Je t'adore!",
C'est magnifique!
When Love comes in
And takes you for a spin,
Oh no no, on Love’s shirt lay
results of when
Love held me tight,
Spinning me, light
Oh no no, on Love’s shirt lay

Vomit when? Today
My vomit on his shirt lay,
Oh no no, on love’s shirt vomit lay
But when, once more,
I whisper “I’ll get the door!”,
Vomit on love’s shirt lay!
No es magnifique!

Lovely version:

When love comes in,
And churns your soul within,
Ooh-la-la-la, it's so dramatic!
When every day,
Your heart's in disarray,
Ooh-la-la-la, it's truly traumatic!

But when, one night,
Love takes a sudden flight,
Ooh-la-la-la, it's so chaotic!
But when, once more,
You yearn for what's in store,
C'est tragique!

doravg

When the crab shifter story got 400 views on DeviantArt and you are like...
People are reading my scribbles! And more of them are doing it since I ditched ChatGPT!
I noticed that since I started telling myself every morning that I will have a wonderful day, I do end up getting a wonderful day. Weird, huh?

doravg

When you wake up twice during the night, but somehow manage to sleep until 6 a.m...
Today will be a good day!

doravg

When you know that you will be writing smut, for the prompt is demanding it of you, but then the name generator gives you a name like Sextus Curius Bellus and you are like...
Comedy?

doravg

When you finally figure out what User Subscription on AO3 means, and that you got 10 readers this year alone. I know that for some this isn't much, but for me, this is a hell of a lot!

doravg

When the nectarine you eat for dessert after the breakfast is sweet and juicy, and you are like:
I hope you all have a good day. Here, have a cookie! :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:

Last edited:

doravg

When you feel tired because you worked in your garden for two hours, and you barely talk yourself into finishing the second chapter of the day.
When tomorrow will be more of the same, so you already informed your readers they won't get more than 2 chapters per day for a while.
But the chapters are 1.5k words long, so that is the only nice thing in the whole business.
Time to play some Civ 5 to unwind.

doravg

When you manage to sleep a little bit more, and you are like:

doravg

When you go on the scales out of boredom as your tea boils, and you see you are 1 kg lighter...
Insert Happy Crying.
Not going to lie, I am more active, but I still allow myself sweets. Because if I don't allow myself a cookie, I will binge on the entire package later. I know myself well enough, by now, to know my weaknesses.

Kamelingil

Head of Thicc Thighs Supremacy
When you don't get any views for your latest chapters, but ChatGPT tells you the story is interesting...
View attachment 21120
What happened to you? Start with When. Happy writing, everyone!
Literally me in Wattpad, someone said my story is interesting but I saw my recent chapter gets 0 views