Where to find cover art

pelpelen

The cover and the title are the first thing that makes people interested.
So where can i find a cover?
Spesifically with an anime style.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You could commission an artist, use an AI generated art piece, makes one yourself, or use a premade creative commons art piece. Depending on what your price range is I would recommend an artist either through reddit or through one of the art commission sites. I don't remember what the AI is called that generates art but someone here can tell you. If you are good at drawing then have at it but if you're like me and turn everything you draw into accidental threats to humanity then don't. Creative commons art pieces are super easy to find on the internet. Just look up creative commons anime (enter descriptions here) and boom, free art.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
if you're like me and turn everything you draw into accidental threats to humanity
:blob_evil_two: where is your art thread?

waifu labs for non-commercial works

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I call that Eldritch horror. Can't be worse than some hentai out there...
Oh, it's not that kind of unsettling. The eyes just stare into your soul.

pelpelen

I recommend this one for AI since you get free credits every day:

human girl looking downward

I just realized that this was for landscapes and not characters

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
human girl looking downward

I just realized that this was for landscapes and not characters
You've gotta do a bunch before you get something that looks right. Personally, I want something more complicated with a bunch of characters, and AI is not quite ready to do that for me. The stable diffusion is a huge improvement, and that was released like a week ago, so hopefully there will be better algorithms within the year.

LostLibrarian

Wouldn't be for me, because my cover ideas are always way too specific.
1662766615289.png

But the results are nice. Much better than the nightmare-fuel we used last time :D

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That site is quite good. I even use an art from there as cover for one of my books, but I recently signed for Dall-e 2 and they approved it in three days. One might want to try that too, since it is free.
I'm too picky for this stuff to work for me. I tried getting a commission without color and having my husband's brother color it to save money, but it still looked kinda flat. I just tried several style transfers, but now I'm just losing details. I'm sure an algorithm that fits my needs will come along someday.
1.png

doravg

133/4001 (finally counted the stories)
The cover and the title are the first thing that makes people interested.
So where can i find a cover?
Spesifically with an anime style.
You can use NightCafe. They give you ten credits every day. One art piece is one credit. You do have to word your instructions carefully, though. Or else you will end up with aliens.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Oh, it's not that kind of unsettling. The eyes just stare into your soul.
Sort of like the guy who hides in your closet and watches while you sleep. You know the one. The guy who is so cold that water condenses on him so there is always this soft dripping sound when he is around, yet whenever you go looking for him, all you can find is a puddle of water where he was once standing.

Yeah. That guy.

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Sort of like the guy who hides in your closet and watches while you sleep. You know the one. The guy who is so cold that water condenses on him so there is always this soft dripping sound when he is around, yet whenever you go looking for him, all you can find is a puddle of water where he was once standing.

Yeah. That guy.
1662962581222.png