Gray or Grey

• Gray

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Grey

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

Comiak

Foxgirl enthusiast
So apparently Americans use "gray," but as an American, I have always used "grey". So I am curious, which do you use, and do you live in America or England?

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I'm American, and it just depends on my mood. The thought of using either is simultaneously wrong and right to me, and whenever I write/type the word I just choose whichever comes out automatically. Tho I should probs make sure I keep consistency in each thing I write.
Currently though, I find gray to be more visually appealing.

IdleYoungMaster

It's what comes to my mind first. Of course, I'm more familiar with gray since I've been using it since childhood.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I vary... I just choose it based on my whims~

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
American. I use Gray when talking about the color. I've always thought as "Grey" being a name rather than a color.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I use an Oxford dictionary so I use Grey as Grey is for Europe and Gray is for America. This has been a debate for a while and it's pretty easy to figure out. A for America and E for Europe. It's a simple understanding of basic grammar for two different continents. I may be American but my mother is a European ass who required me to learn via a European dictionary.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
American. Grey.
I think.
I don't usually think about it so it's hard for me to tell or remember. I also don't write it that often so maybe that's why I'm unsure.

Gryphon

The One who has the Eyes
I use gray because my autocorrect changes it to gray cause I'm from America. Gray, however, is pretty much the only word I think should've stayed the traditional spelling as grey. I don't care about color or the other words that changed, but gray should've stayed as grey.

NotOriginal

Their interchangeable for me. Depending on the context of how you use the word it will tell the reader what you meant.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
I use grey as light grǣy and gray as dark grǣy. Also Gris.

sam9501

I never really thought about it before now, but I’m fairly certain I learned it as grey. When I speak the word, it also sounds like grey. I’m American. :blob_cookie:

Ararara

I prefer "gray" but I use "grey", since I think it's more common!

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
I never really thought about it before now, but I’m fairly certain I learned it as grey. When I speak the word, it also sounds like grey. I’m American. :blob_cookie:
... Just for clarification, how do you pronounce grey that it sounds differently than gray?