Which is better Scribble Hub or webnovel?

Which is better scribblehub or webnovel?

• Total voters

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
Webnovel is one of the better places to putnyour novel tho. Hate thenconpanynall you want, but keep that shit separate from everything else.
The basis of using a service is the trust you have in the company, so the hate is relevant and can't be separated, it's an essential part.

Now when thinking about the positives, the only one is the community of readers and the "forced" interactions between them, even if forced there were interesting and nice comments each chapter of the novel Release the Witch. I was so hooked up by that novel I installed the app, when I used my google account to sign up and it asked me if I was sure, if I wanted that shit to know everything, that's when my doubts started. I enjoyed reading the comment of the paragraphs and the chapters, loved the novel so everyday at 10 am I logged in to receive the fucking crystals and see adds, at first it gave a lot, 50 daily, then the average became 12 fucking crystals, and I (as an addicted reader of RTW) had to pick random stories and scroll down on them while doing other things, to fill the reading time and get more crystals. I was losing my patience so I calculated how much time it will take me to read all the novel, 6 months; until the chapters became more expensive, from 21 crystals to 34 crystals the most expensive.

At that point I decided to search for the novel on another site and support the author directly, did I found a way to do that? NO! There's nothing, I didn't even know who is the author, the comments asking for links had all the answers deleted, they only shared the name of the original site, I don't even know if there's another story by him. Where did I found links? On the wiki page!
I uninstalled the app and went to another page to read the novel, finished in 2 weeks. As a reader I hated that piece of shit, but when I considered doing a comic and checked the site, I noticed they only say fucking lies, they don't care about authors and want to give them an opportunity to make a living, they want to milk money as much as possible from everyone, readers and author included. I investigated and noticed the things they have done, enough to make them put a "we're good" on the front page. So YES, I HATE IT, as a reader and as an author. I will always boycott that shit, and can't wait for the day it disappears.

Nothing wrong if you don't care, or use it as a way to gain readers, get exposure, etc. But telling me that is one of the better places?

Akasora

WN don't allows readers to post a review without 150 characters and allows authors to delete

Then I wonder why no one in WN delete 5* rating with nonsense reviews like first,xpxpxpxp or sect? It's simply rating manipulation. Seriously, just checking at any novel in WN and it is very obvious.

many people could just give you a bad ranking because the story is not their cup of tea.

Peoples giving a one star because of the story is not their cup of tea is a still a viable rating because it is a one star story for them.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
The basis of using a service is the trust you have in the company, so the hate is relevant and can't be separated, it's an essential part.

Now when thinking about the positives, the only one is the community of readers and the "forced" interactions between them, even if forced there were interesting and nice comments each chapter of the novel Release the Witch. I was so hooked up by that novel I installed the app, when I used my google account to sign up and it asked me if I was sure, if I wanted that shit to know everything, that's when my doubts started. I enjoyed reading the comment of the paragraphs and the chapters, loved the novel so everyday at 10 am I logged in to receive the fucking crystals and see adds, at first it gave a lot, 50 daily, then the average became 12 fucking crystals, and I (as an addicted reader of RTW) had to pick random stories and scroll down on them while doing other things, to fill the reading time and get more crystals. I was losing my patience so I calculated how much time it will take me to read all the novel, 6 months; until the chapters became more expensive, from 21 crystals to 34 crystals the most expensive.

At that point I decided to search for the novel on another site and support the author directly, did I found a way to do that? NO! There's nothing, I didn't even know who is the author, the comments asking for links had all the answers deleted, they only shared the name of the original site, I don't even know if there's another story by him. Where did I found links? On the wiki page!
I uninstalled the app and went to another page to read the novel, finished in 2 weeks. As a reader I hated that piece of shit, but when I considered doing a comic and checked the site, I noticed they only say fucking lies, they don't care about authors and want to give them an opportunity to make a living, they want to milk money as much as possible from everyone, readers and author included. I investigated and noticed the things they have done, enough to make them put a "we're good" on the front page. So YES, I HATE IT, as a reader and as an author. I will always boycott that shit, and can't wait for the day it disappears.

Nothing wrong if you don't care, or use it as a way to gain readers, get exposure, etc. But telling me that is one of the better places?
In my experience, it is one of the better places specifically because you have a real chance at building a solid reader base. The community there is great from what i've noticed.

Wattpad you have to know how to advertise really well and connect with people to get your book even decently popular.

Royal road? Your novel disappears so fast in the sea of novels and you get such little feedback

And scribblehub is still small.

Webnovel, eh at least i've always had good luck there. I have over a hundred actual reviews, over a million readers(or at least people who have checked out the novel) and get great comments from like minded people.

I mean maybe thats just due to how crazy and fun my story can be with all the memes, drugs, sex and notes of incest , but yeah.

Mind you i dont really read comics or other stories from there. Hate the spirit stones system. Purely as a place to put your story and have a chance at building a reader base, its one of the best i've found. Other sites beside those i mentioned just arent a good fit for my work.

Maybe you had bad experiences with it, but regardless i dont give a fuck about that i judge shit off MY experience so we gonna have to agree to disagree. Im not blind to the failings of its company and the site itself but its treated me well so far. So i aint gonna badmouth it. I have no justifiable reason to, you know?

LamenThief

Then I wonder why no one in WN delete 5* rating with nonsense reviews like first,xpxpxpxp or sect? It's simply rating manipulation. Seriously, just checking at any novel in WN and it is very obvious.

Peoples giving a one star because of the story is not their cup of tea is a still a viable rating because it is a one star story for them.
It doesn't make sense to me. If a person doesn't like a harem or any other genre, just don't read about it and not give it a low rating. When you do a review on WN you have to give stars for things like grammar, world background, characters, etc. This would help others to decide whether to read or not. If only people who don't like the genre of a book voted 1 just as you said it was valid, others who like the genre wouldn't read it thinking it was bad when it just wasn't for some people. About authors not deleting positive reviews is acceptable. Why wouldn't I want to support something I like? But looking for things I don't like to criticize doesn't make sense. People with your thinking that make me sure that WN is much better than here.

Akasora

It doesn't make sense to me. If a person doesn't like a harem or any other genre, just don't read about it and not give it a low rating.

If only people who don't like the genre of a book voted 1 just as you said it was valid, others who like the genre wouldn't read it thinking it was bad when it just wasn't for some people

By your logic reviews giving 5* just because of a harem or any other genre shouldn't be counted, seriously you either count both or count neither, otherwise it is manipulating rating.

About authors not deleting positive reviews is acceptable. Why wouldn't I want to support something I like?

Simple it's called "reviews manipulation" you either delete both good and bad nonsense reviews or you don't, you can't have only one because it is "manipulation"
Also most of the novels in WN won't have their 4-5* rating if they were in any other site because they can't manipulate their ratings.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
In my experience, it is one of the better places specifically because you have a real chance at building a solid reader base. The community there is great from what i've noticed.

Wattpad you have to know how to advertise really well and connect with people to get your book even decently popular.

Royal road? Your novel disappears so fast in the sea of novels and you get such little feedback

Webnovel, eh at least i've always had good luck there. I have over a hundred actual reviews, over a million readers(or at least people who have checked out the novel) and get great comments from like minded people.

I mean maybe thats just due to how crazy and fun my story can be with all the memes, drugs, sex and notes of incest , but yeah.

Mind you i dont really read comics or other stories from there. Hate the spirit stones system. Purely as a place to put your story and have a chance at building a reader base, its one of the best i've found. Other sites beside those i mentioned just arent a good fit for my work.

Maybe you had bad experiences with it, but regardless i dont give a fuck about that i judge shit off MY experience so we gonna have to agree to disagree. Im not blind to the failings of its company and the site itself but its treated me well so far. So i aint gonna badmouth it. I have no justifiable reason to, you know?
That's fair. Congrats on your success there, and we agree that the community is great.

LamenThief

By your logic reviews giving 5* just because of a harem or any other genre shouldn't be counted, seriously you either count both or count neither, otherwise it is manipulating rating.

Simple it's called "reviews manipulation" you either delete both good and bad nonsense reviews or you don't, you can't have only one because it is "manipulation"
Also most of the novels in WN won't have their 4-5* rating if they were in any other site because they can't manipulate their ratings.
If I like something I think I have the right to say it and to do "nonsense 5 stars review." That's how I show that I like and that I encourage the author. That's how I show that I want more of that content because I like it. Now if I don't like something, I want to avoid it. If you are looking for content that you don't like just to criticize it makes you a hater. Someone who does not seek content to please themself but to criticize. I'm not saying it's good to do 5-star reviews but it sucks making 1-stars. At WN it's easy to see when a book has fake 5-reviews. And usually someone does a review criticizing this. Also, like me, most authors leave any review. (I have some bad ones myself and I even put a 3.5 as the main one because I believe this is a fair rating for my book). Now if you are a beginner author, you are trying to learn how to write and someone comes without any reason to say that your book is worth 1 star just because of something like the genre or something that doesn't characterize a rating like grammar, world background, characters design, etc. That sucks. If you are a novice author you should know how positive feedback encourages and how negative feedback like fake one-star review is annoying. On WN you can clearly see 5-star fake review and one-star fake reviews. Not here. This site did not bring me anything good, as a novice author WN is a good and welcoming place, and yes I will keep 5-stark fake reviews and I will delete most of the one-star ones saying shit with no point. Is this rating manipulation? No. Because everything is visible there and just do not see who does not want. Is it so here? Can I see who gave me one-star or why?

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
I belong to the inkstone WN and SH here.... as an inkstone member, I see many authors (mostly novices... even me) are doing some review swaps. The review swaps are basically like "exchanging gifts".

For example,
"Anybody want review swap?"
"Sure"
"Then I'll go read yours, you'll go read mine."
"Roger that"
*gives much positive ratings* (even though in their mind probably, they would prefer that it's shit)

I realized for now that it doesn't give much "honest" benefits on the work. It sounds unnatural to request the readers to review immediately without letting them think for a bit time. It's the another way to advertise your work, and I fear that their community are probably most amateur ones. Their comments are pretty generic and vague. The website is exquisitely well, but the problem is the community itself. I thought books and fictions are to open the readers' mind through their immersion, but instead, it's a mere cliche and repetitive indulgence.

Akasora

If I like something I think I have the right to say it and to do "nonsense 5 stars review." That's how I show that I like and that I encourage the author. That's how I show that I want more of that content because I like it. Now if I don't like something, I want to avoid it. If you are looking for content that you don't like just to criticize it makes you a hater. Someone who does not seek content to please themself but to criticize. I'm not saying it's good to do 5-star reviews but it sucks making 1-stars.

What kind of logic is this?
yes I will keep 5-stark fake reviews and I will delete most of the one-star ones saying shit with no point

Nice, WN now just need to remove rating and review system for readers and just let the authors rate themselves and be done with it. There is no point in it if you're just going to keep only positive ratings and going to remove critical ratings anyway. Seriously, I don't even need to say why WN is bad when you're already proving my point again and again.

BloodyLycoris

There are some books/novels just for xp reviews (like "xp sec" and others). But then some people continue to give daily reviews to encourage authors as a form of "free support." Whatever, everyone can have different experiences. I, at WN, have some readers who leave reviews and comments just to encourage me, here I have haters who speak bullshit for no reason. Why? Maybe I'm unlucky.
Ok, you people tell that you get nice reviews on WN and very bad and hate reviews here and you tell them fake. See the thing is no one here is just wanting to waste time on your story if he didn't like it, many genuine readers post their sincere reviews about it but mostly are who view your story in good light. Those who don't like your may leave the story without even mentioning why didn't they like your stories ..... as for haters you say you delete them from WN and if the same thing happens for reviews like "Good Good Good Good .....(y)(y)(y)(y)" you don't say anything about these .... nor delete them ... while everyone know they are just for the sake of xp.... and for those haters many reader will ignore those as no one is an idiot to believe that single line sentence or repetitive words reviews.You only take in those good "fake" reviews without a hitch and delete those so called haters reviews. Since you can't do the same here ... that is no ones fault. I have seen those hate reviews on many novels here and many authors don't care about them nor the readers if they like the story, people still read those who like them and post their sincere reviews. WN might be good but we can't decide to read any novel on it by those kind of reviews. Also, on WN we can't read the whole novel because of those fast card we have to wait everyday or buy them, but no one is going to buy like that for every novel we see because the authors locks those chapter before we could determine whether we will continue or not. If we suppose spend money to buy those fast card and then we decide to drop the novel due not liking as we go further down the road and there we lose both money and time.

BloodyLycoris

Yeah, I agree that WN as more exposure than SH since it has started recently. The problem here is their management system for novel's they post their quests to do this and that and because of that people post those type of reviews .... you say that you have 100's of actual reviews but when we readers visit the novel front page we only see the reviews like "Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome .....", "Great Great Great Great .....". This, these types reviews we see when we open the front page of novel summary's. So tell how can we believe these type of reviews .... and that's why it takes time to search the novel we want to read that will make feel enjoyable. Especially those fast card they are very difficult to collect for those novel which already have hundered's of chapters.... so many readers directly give up on reading them. Since not all readers want to buy fast cards to read.

Ral

Well, I come in SH more often though I, so far, only followed one story.

In terms of content, the stories you can read, I go with Webnovel. As I said, I only follow one story in SH. Most stories here just doesn't appeal to me and those that do just suddenly stop. There is also a severe lack of variety in SH or it is just hard to find those stories that would appeal to me. SH Similar Series feature is just shit. The Genre section is kinda useless and and I just can't find anything easily with the Series Finder (maybe there aren't just that many stories that I might like or it is just not good at finding things I would like). Trending section pretty much shows me the exact opposite of what I want. The Latest section is pretty much the best I can hope for and it is really not good either. I have more success with Webnovel but the issue is that many aren't particularly accessible (locked).

In terms of services and features, Webnovel is more mature with much more smoother integration, more proffesional. SH actually kinda looks and feels clumsy and outdated.

Still, SH is more free, unrestricted. Webnovel (and most other sites) is just so full of restrictions. In the end, I choose SH because of that, no matter how it falls short in other ways.

Last edited:

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
In terms of services and features, Webnovel is more mature with much more smoother integration, more proffesional. SH actually kinda looks and feels clumsy and outdated.
SH is made by a one-person army while Webnovel is from a big corporation but your point still stands.

As I said, I only follow one story in SH. Most stories here just doesn't appeal to me and those that do just suddenly stop.
What story would appeal to you?

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
you say that you have 100's of actual reviews but when we readers visit the novel front page we only see the reviews like "Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome .....", "Great Great Great Great .....". This, these types reviews we see when we open the front page of novel summary's. So tell how can we believe these type of reviews .... and that's why it takes time to search the novel we want to read that will make feel enjoyable. Especially those fast card they are very difficult to collect for those novel which already have hundered's of chapters.... so many readers directly give up on reading them. Since not all readers want to buy fast cards to read.

How about this? Let's add the "Helpful" button feature like in myanimelist (MAL) review did.
1589886743507.png
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It works by clicking the button to vote if the review is helpful or not. It will continue to count based how many people will click that. Feedbacks on pressing "Helpful" button. With that, those who read the reviews from others will find it agreeable based on decent majority,

but not all majority is right (Said by Paul Rulkens)... like society.

I hope I can consider this as a suggestion for ScribbleHub

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
Eating some cheese-flavored Pop corns over here. :blob_popcorn::blob_popcorn: My face changing from time to time on you reactions.:blob_popcorn_two::blob_popcorn_two:. Please continue.

Anyway, some pickle from me. No one can force anyone to accept something. State your reason why, learn to accept that not everything is perfect. Well, personally I still read novels in WN. But I still prefer RR and SH to post my writings. Don't flame the guys. He's going to flip if you flame him more. In the end, you only gave him a reason to hate the place.

I consider SH to be the most accepting site all around the internet world. So that's all.

Oh what the heck my pop-corns already busted. I heard some Taco-s, Burgers, and MC'd over there. Now, I need to maybe order some. Hmnn.

I can see things going from legal to philosophy. Darn, I'm not good at those subjects.

Ral

SH is made by a one-person army while Webnovel is from a big corporation but your point still stands.
I know, but still, we are to judge the product in its own merits.
What story would appeal to you?
Something that is actually taken seriously. Something really about the story, that it have something interesting to tell, than wish-fulfillment self-inserts or indulging in their fetish and other such stuff.

Then I look if they are any good.

Actually, my criteria is kinda nebulous and I actually go more by feel. I look at the descriptions and such, and if I find it interesting, I give it a read. After I read a few chapter, if I like it, I continue; if not, I drop it.

Last edited:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
How about this? Let's add the "Helpful" button feature like in myanimelist (MAL) review did.
View attachment 2686 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It works by clicking the button to vote if the review is helpful or not. It will continue to count based how many people will click that. Feedbacks on pressing "Helpful" button. With that, those who read the reviews from others will find it agreeable based on decent majority,

but not all majority is right (Said by Paul Rulkens)... like society.

I hope I can consider this as a suggestion for ScribbleHub
I mean there's a like option on reviews already, how is helpful any different?

Fanfictasta1

Scribblehub on god because it's easier to see who reading the reports the reviews and they have an easy set up