Would it offend you if i write a novel featuring hitler in it?

Sk_yunjun

would it ??
344536115_799575594551603_2659964997191861674_n.jpg

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I’d read it if you made him the protagonist. Only because no one has actually done that. Flawed protagonist of course.

or if you made it extremely offensive because I find offensive things hilarious due to imagining how offended people will get.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I would be offended if you made him out to be pure evil. Hitler seems like a nice guy if you take the Hollywood stuff with a grain of salt.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Here's an idea:

an AU where art school actually accepted him and therefore the Holocaust never happened
And he became an artist who got married to a Jewish woman. Later, he joined the New World Order to become aristocrats of the globe.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Later, he joined the New World Order to become a professional wrestler.
And he fights in a royal rumble for the belt against Stalin. Then Roosevelt rolls in a wheelchair, stands up, and smacks them with it while Mussolini is running in from the crowd to join the free-for-all.

Or... are we talking about the dick-grabbing-wrestling here? I always mix up what one means when writing "wrestling."

Succubiome

Not in itself. From my admittedly limited knowledge, Hitler probably wasn't significantly worse than say, Genghis Khan?

But Genghis Khan doesn't have a active racist political movement/death cult/whatever you want to call it, as far as I'm aware.

So if you're writing straight up nazi propaganda or it's full of nazi dogwhistles or the like, I won't really be offended, but I will be "ah, this person should be removed from this place so they don't cause harm to others". Nazis have chosen to follow an ethos of which a core part is not coexisting with minorities, and inviting them in means they'll eventually start using their presence to harass minorites, plus inviting nazis in is a strong signal you don't have the backs of minorities in itself.

Also: I imagine your motive may be to ride controversy to popularity, but controversy can be a fickle wave that can dash you against the ocean floor just as easy as raise you high. But, IDK, maybe you just have story idea about Hitler specifically that won't leave your mind.

Either way, be aware that even if you aren't intentionally creating nazi propaganda, you may have to deal with people being offended on both sides of that– nazis who think you're smearing them, and/or those who hate them thinking you're supporting them. And nazis may like your work even if you don't like them, at which point you have to actively try to expel part of your fanbase, which can be very hard and hurt your popularity, or tolerate them, and tolerating them will make you effectively on their side, at which point a lot of non-nazis will dislike you.

So... know what you're getting into, I guess?

SailusGebel

And he fights in a royal rumble for the belt against Stalin. Then Roosevelt rolls in a wheelchair, stands up, and smacks them with it while Mussolini is running in from the crowd to join the free-for-all.

Or... are we talking about the dick-grabbing-wrestling here? I always mix up what one means when writing "wrestling."

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I would be offended if you made him out to be pure evil. Hitler seems like a nice guy if you take the Hollywood stuff with a grain of salt.
I wish I could tell when people are being sarcastic or not. I honestly cannot tell. I'm hoping though.