Your favorite god and/or legends hero?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I really don't know. No one can really agree on any of the legends. A lot of Historians dislike the supernatural stuff despite it playing a huge role in the stories so it gets glossed over heavily. For example, Merlin is the son of Satan but was dipped in some holy water so that's why he has magic and shit despite being good. Lancelot simped for Arthur's wife a lot so you got an NTR subplot. There's also this knight with with vitiligo who took over the entirety of England except for what Arthur had so he challenged Arthur to a dual for it. Though the guy sees Lancelot and concedes the dual in exchange for being introduced to Lancelot so it's argued that he's gay. Also, turns out that this knight was Arthur's half brother because his father's whore. Morgana, Arthur's sister, is of Fae descent. I blame this on their whore of a father but either way, she has magic and depending on the story, wants to fuck Arthur or wants to kill Arthur. Gwaine is also there but his only notable act is being given an out by a green dude. Crossdressing is common in Arthurian legend and so is Arthur's slow descent into madness as he becomes more and more done with everyone's shit. No matter what though, Mordred is a whiney bitch.
So this is just Romance of Three Kingdom shit; mostly fluff and rumors and little to no substance to history.

Makes for a fun lore/ fanfic but the historians who seek truth are clawing their eyes out.

Also, I always thought that Lancelot and Lu Bu share way too much similarities:
1. Strong af, might be stronger than their lords.
2. Ego got in the way.
3. Got shoved down the Dark Side because they play against the protags of the book.

Then I understood that this is what happen to subordinates when overachieving than their lords, they either try to be the new lord or die trying.

Tsuru

Ristarte (of cautious hero)

bc she got great tragedy backstory, and act true to herself, and worth being paired with the MC

Baltazyr

Hmm...

Hydaelyn, for seriousness.

Aqua, for the lulz.

Does Merlin count? I read The Lost Years of Merlin as a kid, so he and most of his story incarnations have got a special place in my heart.

Le_ther

Gilgamesh, just an overall good guy. A good leader and a hero, also I sort of have demigods/non-god creatures rebelling against gods fetish, and his epic fits quite well to that.
Fate portrayal of young king gilgamesh made me change my mind on the good leader but the caster one is truly the true king

Tsuru

Oh.
Does that count if MC and FL are gods ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If yes, then the recurring MC and FL of Andur on royalroad. Crazy genius author. That keep reusing same MC-FL over and over again but reborn.

One of them, they are gods, they fight each other but no knowing they are the other.
MC being his usual mage path, is a mage god. So all his believers (50% planet) hence focus on magic
meanwhile FL is a expert in "melee battle by strengthening using mana", hence her followers focus on that (50% planet side too)

Despite feeling magic and inventions > strength, it's entirely different when one side got gigantic flying fortresses and zombies VS fighters that can pulverize mountains in one punch and resist nuke-lvl attacks.

This particular "arc novel" is quite short. And ends with MC-FL doing a last battle in space, where they pulverize the moon and fall down by gravity as they are both deadly wounded and exhausted. And the planet being like a wasteland because of the global war.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forgot which one it was.
But i recommend the best one being "Beyond?" among all novels of Andur.
PS : MC is addict to chocolate. And can be considered a true bisexual because like he said "9/10 reincarnation give you a fitting body and can bug, and you are litterary fucked". So if he get a female body, it doesn't bother him to fuck a dude.

Bonus info : MC all elements mage, mad scientist, time magic, soul magic, necromancy, blood magic, decent control on strengthening-muscles, reincarnated through innumerable number of lives so turned uncaring anti-hero despite being very kind at first. Flaw : addicted to chocolate
FL number1 in term of "strenghtening", great cook, great witch for potions because "medicine/potion is basically mixing like food", expert in term of human body and medicine, drug maker, love to talk with first, blunt speaking like MC, nymphomaniac, able to recreate chocolate easily depending on circumstances.
Best detail of both. They were both the first life lover of each other that they couldn't forget despite billions of reincarnations in infinite multiverse. Hence creating a very moving scene when MC in a novel did snowman of scene of first scene that shocked FL, that questioned him later about it.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I have two favorites, and they are my super special precious secrets.

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
Oh.
Does that count if MC and FL are gods ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If yes, then the recurring MC and FL of Andur on royalroad. Crazy genius author. That keep reusing same MC-FL over and over again but reborn.

One of them, they are gods, they fight each other but no knowing they are the other.
MC being his usual mage path, is a mage god. So all his believers (50% planet) hence focus on magic
meanwhile FL is a expert in "melee battle by strengthening using mana", hence her followers focus on that (50% planet side too)

Despite feeling magic and inventions > strength, it's entirely different when one side got gigantic flying fortresses and zombies VS fighters that can pulverize mountains in one punch and resist nuke-lvl attacks.

This particular "arc novel" is quite short. And ends with MC-FL doing a last battle in space, where they pulverize the moon and fall down by gravity as they are both deadly wounded and exhausted. And the planet being like a wasteland because of the global war.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forgot which one it was.
But i recommend the best one being "Beyond?" among all novels of Andur.
PS : MC is addict to chocolate. And can be considered a true bisexual because like he said "9/10 reincarnation give you a fitting body and can bug, and you are litterary fucked". So if he get a female body, it doesn't bother him to fuck a dude.

Bonus info : MC all elements mage, mad scientist, time magic, soul magic, necromancy, blood magic, decent control on strengthening-muscles, reincarnated through innumerable number of lives so turned uncaring anti-hero despite being very kind at first. Flaw : addicted to chocolate
FL number1 in term of "strenghtening", great cook, great witch for potions because "medicine/potion is basically mixing like food", expert in term of human body and medicine, drug maker, love to talk with first, blunt speaking like MC, nymphomaniac, able to recreate chocolate easily depending on circumstances.
Best detail of both. They were both the first life lover of each other that they couldn't forget despite billions of reincarnations in infinite multiverse. Hence creating a very moving scene when MC in a novel did snowman of scene of first scene that shocked FL, that questioned him later about it.
Sounds like something I would write if I had the marvelous power of thinking my stories ready to release

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
So this is just Romance of Three Kingdom shit; mostly fluff and rumors and little to no substance to history.

Makes for a fun lore/ fanfic but the historians who seek truth are clawing their eyes out.

Also, I always thought that Lancelot and Lu Bu share way too much similarities:
1. Strong af, might be stronger than their lords.
2. Ego got in the way.
3. Got shoved down the Dark Side because they play against the protags of the book.

Then I understood that this is what happen to subordinates when overachieving than their lords, they either try to be the new lord or die trying.
So, originally it was historical as the tales of King Arthur were written as a historical documentation of Kings based off the documents and stories they had. Later on the story would develop to include English mythology that was well known at the time but the monks didn't like this so a lot of the pagan aspects were removed in later copies. Many of the early copies of this survived thanks to scribes who didn't care and scribed it anyways. Later on the French would get their hands on it, adding in Lancelot, Galahad, and chivalry as they called it but it was just NTR being romanticized(there is little other romance besides this). Arthur did at one point exist as a king and the history behind it is enthralling while the legends and myths we're mainly to teach a lesson and/or to make the story more entertaining. Hell, a lot of the myths and legends from before the French are considered to be grounded in historical truths as they match with many of historical records that indicate similar events. The use of Fae in the stories though was mainly because Ireland was a knowledge pool of scribes and scholars during the time they were writing these out so they got to write in a bit of their culture.

AuntieMaysLittleCousin

Level 73 Practical Procastinator
You know, you reminded me of a God I used to admire a lot. Kratos, from GoW. Since the dude basically worked all the way up from warrior to God of War, i thought that was pretty cool.

D

Deleted member 54065

My favorite god is Crom from Conan the Barbarian lore, and my favorite 'hero' is the Russian general Alexander Suvorov.

D

Deleted member 54065

Suvorov also counts as a hero. And yeah, one heck of a general. I liked Kutuzov more though
Well, Kutuzov's tactics are pretty 'raw', but can't say I hated that. I mean, it's effective, given the geographical features and the situation of the time XD

And I love Suvorov's relationship with his men. Deserves a spot along with Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, etc.