Zero to villain then villain to hero

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Premise: After being born with nothing to their name the MC uses every evil trick in the book to become a world superpower. However, after all their hard work they realize that they aren't happy so they decide to become the hero. Not surprisingly, they understand that it would be difficult to be the villain and the hero at the same time so the MC comes up with a plan and leaves a clone of themselves to be the villain while they're off being the hero that will eventually defeat them.

Task: Do what you want with it. Maybe use this premise for your own story if you want. I don't care but I would like to see what you come up with.

@Ai-chan , this is as close as I'm going to get to what you want in a writing prompt.

TotallyHuman

Hmmm... What an unfamiliar story, Perry the Platypus. And by "unfamiliar" I mean "completely familiar"!

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Premise: After being born with nothing to their name the MC uses every evil trick in the book to become a world superpower. However, after all their hard work they realize that they aren't happy so they decide to become the hero. Not surprisingly, they understand that it would be difficult to be the villain and the hero at the same time so the MC comes up with a plan and leaves a clone of themselves to be the villain while they're off being the hero that will eventually defeat them.

Task: Do what you want with it. Maybe use this premise for your own story if you want. I don't care but I would like to see what you come up with.

@Ai-chan , this is as close as I'm going to get to what you want in a writing prompt.
... I hate that you just told me how pointless my plot planning is. Because that is exactly how it is going, except I am starting the story when the big villain is already established, the readers are focused on the clone's journey and the clone has no idea he is a clone or "destined" to fight against the villain for his amusement.

Paul_Tromba

... I hate that you just told me how pointless my plot planning is. Because that is exactly how it is going, except I am starting the story when the big villain is already established, the readers are focused on the clone's journey and the clone has no idea he is a clone or "destined" to fight against the villain for his amusement.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.
No no.

I didn't mean to be mean or anything.

There is always the constant frustration of seeing my preplanned elements being used in other works and I have the common sense that they are doing better than what my plan was.

And now minutes had passed and I believed my idea was taken from Amnesia, the horror game. So... damn it.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Well, it's close enough. It's the correct place. It's more of a writing challenge though, less of a writing prompt. Writing prompt is meant to be short and can be done in like an hour or two. Writing challenge is made for a similar purpose, to encourage authors to go out of their comfort zone, but it's normally a full story, such as Only Sense Online and To Aru Ossan no VRMMO. They both took the ideas from a writing challenge and wrote different stories based on the same premise.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I am a giant formless cloud of pure spite and eyes. They serve as both sensory organ and maw for I drink in the essance of what is before me by observing.

To know a thing is to devour that thing.

So I prefer Pepsi. Coke is too sweet.
Prove it. What do you like to drink? If it's what I hate then I'll know you're my evil clone.

Paul_Tromba

I am a giant formless cloud of pure spite and eyes. They serve as both sensory organ and maw for I drink in the essance of what is before me by observing.

To know a thing is to devour that thing.

So I prefer Pepsi. Coke is too sweet.
You are not my evil clone. I do not dislike pepsi. What I hate most is Yeager.