Zombie reproduction.

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
While sitting on the throne an idea for a dire zombie story where zombie rule the earth, all humans are dead and they created kingdoms after the eventual genocide of all humans.
I want the story to focus on the wars that will spiral due to zombies wanting power over each other.
The characters working through the horrors that ensued from the constant human attacks from the time when they were still alive.
The effects of what happens to people's psyche in a strength based societal hierarchy.

But I ran into a very quick problem- reproduction.
While thinking about there would be not that much zombos left and since I want to show the horrors if oppression through power there'll be even more death.
I need a way for an undead to reproduce to replace the dead ones, but with all humans dead this turned into a difficult situation.

While sitting on the throne an idea for a dire zombie story where zombie rule the earth, all humans are dead and they created kingdoms after the eventual genocide of all humans.
I want the story to focus on the wars that will spiral due to zombies wanting power over each other.
The characters working through the horrors that ensued from the constant human attacks from the time when they were still alive.
The effects of what happens to people's psyche in a strength based societal hierarchy.

While thinking about there would be not that much zombos left and since I want to show the horrors if oppression through power there'll be even more death.
I need a way for an undead to reproduce to replace the dead ones, but with all humans dead this turned into a difficult situation.
cloning, spawner, or just keep a bunch of humans alive and turn their offspring periodically

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
Make them able to have children?
Going by what you usually write, this is smut anyway, so why make it more convoluted than it needs to be?

If you see zombie as a kind of virus or infection, they would still be perfectly alive.

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
If your story has magic, you can easily invent a way of generating them from mana, like opening a gate to hell, or a ritual to create more cannon fodder.
You can have them reproduce by dividing themselves. For example, if you cut an arm of a zombie, that arm will grow heal itself and form a new zombie. That does imply them hag regenerative powers, but you can limit that by saying it is very slow or something. Say that destroying the brain will destroy the memory, so opponents can be "killed", but the number of zombies will never drop as they are functionally immortal.
If they are intelligent in a real-world setting, they can go the science route and biologically engineer more of their kind. They artificially grow new zombies to be their subordinates, always trying to have more manpower than their rivals.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
If you have intelligent Zombies, you may as well let them reproduce the normal way. You've already changed one of their core traits, so changing another one won't make a difference. Ah, I guess there's two normal ways here. They can reproduce sexually with each other, or they can dig up old bodies and reanimate them.

If that's unacceptable... Well, nothing says their culture has to be sustainable. They foolishly wiped out their only means of survival, and now they will be destroyed. Perhaps something less self destructive will rise from the ashes.

The story I am Legend seems to have a similar plot to the one you describe, but I haven't read it, only seen the movies. I think it was a metaphor for religion?

LORD_SHAXX

tbh the best way would be just to let them reproduce like normal if it's a sort of virus type zombie. if not use magic to create new zombies or change zombies to ghouls instead.

LimitBound

Saint
Do they have regeneration? If so then just let a single cell of a zombie in a confined space and do some science stuff for it to grow into a full zombie

MisterSyafiq

according to zombie bug, Bruh... The zombie bug them self were made the dead body to be in heat so that the zombie bug could infect another insect when the dead f*cking the living.
According to this. There was still a zombie who could do 'f*ck' and if fantasy why cant they have a zombie children?
Another solution is about 'Cloning' tech.
Why dont you just made that the source of zombies it self was actually from.the failed experiment of cloning/making humanoid that was done automaticly by those robot?

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Depending on how you want them to be, you could either let them spawn out of the ground, let the split parts regenerate into new one, you can grow new ones on themselves like parasites, normal reproduction, (magical) cloning or just let them be energy-lifeforms with tangible bodies.

If you can think of a way to make it seem zombie enough for you, just do it

Maldon

If that's unacceptable... Well, nothing says their culture has to be sustainable. They foolishly wiped out their only means of survival, and now they will be destroyed. Perhaps something less self destructive will rise from the ashes.
This idea has big dick energy.

maybe they just keep a few humans and then make the rest in a lab or something?
or just let them have sex lol.

Vnator

Another dumb idea, maybe the zombies are nigh-immortal and can be put back together as long as their brains are intact? So a little less zombie and a bit more super mutanty?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
OK . . . but what do the zombies eat? Do they have a way to grow brains in a lab? Maybe they grow new zombies in a lab, too.

ConcubusBunny

Chaotic lewd enby bunny. They/them
OK . . . but what do the zombies eat? Do they have a way to grow brains in a lab? Maybe they grow new zombies in a lab, too.
The way I set my zombies is that they feast on flesh rather than just brains to survive.
(seriously when was the last time someone made a story with zombos going after just the brains)
The zombies at a certain point moved to animals not needing the humans anymore and started to farm them which jump started their sapience, unfortunately humans still tried to kill them which resulted in genocide.

For the cloning yes/no. I don't want to give that much away for a multitude of reasons that will be just spoilers

LilTV1155

Several ways -

1) Virus via Rabid bites
2) Fungal disperal - Spores inhalation
3) Necromancy - Magic contamination
4) Genetic modification (Appear dead, but totally alive from the inside out; also allows for biological reproduction)
5) Nuclear/ biomutations (However you mod it with chemical)?

6) Good luck fusion generator. Make sure you throw in your own science senses.

Agentt

Thighs
Do something more sinister, like have them perform a blood ritual and a zombie is made whenever a heart is sacrificed. Cut to showing a mountain of hearts