New profile posts

No birthday today, on the note goodnight scibble.hub residents I hope it's too hot for a cover but to cold to go without when you go to bed.
Oh my fucking god.

I need to rant a bit.

Due to it being a legal issue, I can't say too much.

Just know that the jist is that years ago, due to my financial status, I was able to get some assistance in a case that I know darnest I can't fight without money. Guess what just happened barely minutes ago?

OMFG.
Maria:"I believe that modern robots will be more intelligent and replace humans in many dangerous jobs."
Tim:"[...]"
A. That's just what I think of course
B. That sounds interesting
C. That's a good idea
D. Why not? Believe me!
Help me English question for test.
"When writing an essay, Peter always writes [...] than his friends."
A. Slower
B. More slowly
C. Slowest
D. The most slow
BouncyCactus
BouncyCactus
'Slower' is a comparative adjective, which modifies the object 'Peter'. 'More slowly' is an adverb, which modifies the verb 'writes'. Using A will make the sentence into a comparison between Peter and his friends while using B simply describes Peter's writing speed.
Reinaislost
Reinaislost
The second one indicates that he writes slowly, as in, not very fast compared to his friends, while in the first one, it could mean that he takes a slower, relaxed pace (out of his own violation). Both are correct, I think, but your teacher probably meant the second.
BouncyCactus
BouncyCactus
(although, in the States, not many people would use More Slowly, but Slower, because it just rolls off the tongue better, and it gets the general point across. And the point of language is to communicate, so, practice-wise, it ain't no matter. (Ain't is not grammatically correct, and so is no matter. But people use it all the damn time anyway.)