Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Are there schools in Sky Archipelago? Like this question is stupid but I have to ask. And if so could players have their characters be in school? I hope this kind of thing wouldn't conflict with characters being Adventurer's Guild members.
I think it should be alright?

I'm the kind of person that prefers saying that the only institution that should reresemble a school in a medi-fantasy setting is a church, but it's not like we are in a pure medi-fantasy anyways, so... Go wild?

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
...I should probably make my character older. He seems to bloody age with every sentence I write, such that even him being 40 sounds jarring as heck. Bah.
Just add some zeros, we need some oldies to match the 1000 year old lolies

Ddraig

Btw we really need to give a name to the lower world, there is zero reason anyone who was already a native here (like my char) would call it the lower world too.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Btw we really need to give a name to the lower world, there is zero reason anyone who was already a native here (like my char) would call it the lower world too.
((You can totally give it a name! That said, not all natives might call it the same thing.

For example, China called itself the “Middle Kingdom” for centuries but obviously other countries didn’t call them that.

Calling “Earth”, “Earth” (CN Translation: 地球 “Ground Ball”) really only started to become a thing in the modern era. Before that point, chinese people mainly referred to the world as “The World” without a specific name.))

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Are there schools in Sky Archipelago? Like this question is stupid but I have to ask. And if so could players have their characters be in school? I hope this kind of thing wouldn't conflict with characters being Adventurer's Guild members.

I think it should be alright?

I'm the kind of person that prefers saying that the only institution that should reresemble a school in a medi-fantasy setting is a church, but it's not like we are in a pure medi-fantasy anyways, so... Go wild?

I think we could absolutely have some kind of educational-research institution. Alice also already said that yea, most church also doubled as a place of educational institute. History wise, the University of Oxford was founded in 1096, and an even earlier example of it is House of Baghdad Wisdom in the Islamic world. And then there is the Library of Alexandria, all of those place serves as a place to preserve knowledge and a hotspot for intellectual mind to gather and mingle.
So, maybe not a full blown academy like the modern day, but maybe a very large, very renown library that have a large wing of empty symposiums that could be use as a place for lecture by intellectual mind. Maybe don't include any any strict structure for the academy, but allow for some free but other wise unscheduled lecture and class by visiting intellectual ???

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I finally finished my chapter x.x

Does anyone want their island on Sky Archipelago to be visited?

I have a dragon who happened to steal borrow an airship, but I haven't figured out where to land her yet.

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
I finally finished my chapter x.x

Does anyone want their island on Sky Archipelago to be visited?

I have a dragon who happened to steal borrow an airship, but I haven't figured out where to land her yet.
I wouldn't mind if you wish to visit Aerelieth :blobtaco:

That's a fine looking stolen borrowed ship, I might add. :blob_sir:

Ddraig

((You can totally give it a name! That said, not all natives might call it the same thing.

For example, China called itself the “Middle Kingdom” for centuries but obviously other countries didn’t call them that.

Calling “Earth”, “Earth” (CN Translation: 地球 “Ground Ball”) really only started to become a thing in the modern era. Before that point, chinese people mainly referred to the world as “The World” without a specific name.))
So now I need to figure out another name :sweating_profusely:

I think we could absolutely have some kind of educational-research institution. Alice also already said that yea, most church also doubled as a place of educational institute. History wise, the University of Oxford was founded in 1096, and an even earlier example of it is House of Baghdad Wisdom in the Islamic world. And then there is the Library of Alexandria, all of those place serves as a place to preserve knowledge and a hotspot for intellectual mind to gather and mingle.
So, maybe not a full blown academy like the modern day, but maybe a very large, very renown library that have a large wing of empty symposiums that could be use as a place for lecture by intellectual mind. Maybe don't include any any strict structure for the academy, but allow for some free but other wise unscheduled lecture and class by visiting intellectual ???
I mean one of the fantasy tropes is the existence of a magical institution. Maybe not full Hogwarts but something more like say a "Royal Institute of Learning for Nobles"
That or we can go for a bit of like start of renaissance and stuff.