Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Way

Just an observation: while it's great that everyone is really putting in the hours to write their stories...it's super weird how it's been a few weeks and we have had so little interaction between player characters :sweat_smile:

fyrre

Just an observation: while it's great that everyone is really putting in the hours to write their stories...it's super weird how it's been a few weeks and we have had so little interaction between player characters :sweat_smile:
Everyone is still kinda at the starting point of their novels. And plus we're still building up the world, so the little interaction between players is understandable, I think.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Honestly, I have no idea how to interacted with other ppl character, due to how I set up mine, lol, unless it is through circumstances. I'll tried tho, and let see how it'll go

fyrre

Honestly, I have no idea how to interacted with other ppl character, due to how I set up mine, lol, unless it is through circumstances. I'll tried tho, and let see how it'll go
I'm shy... and introverted even as a writer x.x
Okay..... I see we may all have different reasons for not interacting. :blob_sweat:

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
So, I have a question to @ohko o, since I haven't yet read all of the reports there are to read and I didn't find the information on the library.

When you say Duke Grogar, you mean Duke of Grogar or Duke Grogar (of) Something?

EDIT: I don't remember how tagging works, so I'll just leave this here in hopes they find it.

fyrre

So, I have a question to @okho, since I haven't yet read all of the reports there are to read and I didn't find the information on the library.

When you say Duke Grogar, you mean Duke of Grogar or Duke Grogar (of) Something?
I think that could mean as in his name but I could be wrong. Because usually wouldn't you say, Duke Grogar of Blank if you were referring both to their name and title?

The_Everdistant_Utopia

I think that could mean as in his name but I could be wrong. Because usually wouldn't you say, Duke Grogar Of Blank if you were referring both to their name and title?
I mean, there are some examples of [Title] + [Family]. For example Earl Grey when his name was actually Charles Grey. It's actually the norm in the British Peerage naming convention to refer to people as such. It usually goes "Personal Name, Peerage"

I'm asking precisely because I'm mostly used to the British convention so whenever I see something like that I get a bit confused.

In this case, if it was following the British model it would be "Grogar something something, Duke (of) something."

Way

Everyone is still kinda at the starting point of their novels. And plus we're still building up the world, so the little interaction between players is understandable, I think.
It's true that it's better to set a personal base for their characters and stories before all the massive collaborations, but you know what?

That ain't going to stop me, cause I have a sudden idea.

If no one is going to be the egg white in this beef patty, I'll be the binding agent.

I'm going to make sure Eochaidh has a cameo in every goddamn story if I have anything to say about it.
No worries about that! Though, speaking of which, I see that no one has taken your amulet quest yet. If you are interested, I can cook something up for Eochaidh to help fetch it...
I'm shy... and introverted even as a writer x.x
...You certainly didn't pull any punches when destroying Eochaidh's public reputation, but I'll take it in stride since it does give me an excuse to send Lucia premium coffee beans as an apology or whatever. He is a herbalist, after all...
Okay..... I see we may all have different reasons for not interacting. :blob_sweat:
See? Someone has to break the ice xD
Poor Ilya was ghosted on her first day in the Freestyle... T.T
Ilya is having really tough times finding RP, since everyone is so seriously writing xD

I might set something up later, assuming no one has done anything with her yet... but till then, good luck!
What's this Interaktion you speak of?
I will accost your father-daughter duo in some way...though later, since approaching 2-3 additional people is probably my limit right now. But mark my words, TEU!

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Ilya is having really tough times finding RP, since everyone is so seriously writing xD

I might set something up later, assuming no one has done anything with her yet... but till then, good luck!
Well, it's not like I'm in a hurry or anything~

At least the Butterfly Channel is active every now and then and Ilya can say hi to people there~

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
No worries about that! Though, speaking of which, I see that no one has taken your amulet quest yet. If you are interested, I can cook something up for Eochaidh to help fetch it...
Hah! Someone noted! You are certainly welcome too. That quest was just me experimenting with setting up scene for interaction and meeting. If you are going to take it, then you don't have to worry about the detail of it. It is just lost, presumably because to what ever magic that dislocated it was also responsible for the Worldshift, so it is could be anywhere!
I mean, there are some examples of [Title] + [Family]. For example Earl Grey when his name was actually Charles Grey. It's actually the norm in the British Peerage naming convention to refer to people as such. It usually goes "Personal Name, Peerage"

I'm asking precisely because I'm mostly used to the British convention so whenever I see something like that I get a bit confused.

In this case, if it was following the British model it would be "Grogar something something, Duke (of) something."
I was under the assumption that Grogar was his family name, and has been calling it the Ducal House of Grogar in my novel, cus I dont really know if he own a city or an island at all if any, nor does he have any other title like the Bold, the Great, or the Old.

Just a silly question, but the nobility usually have multiple title, some of them were used to mocked them, like William the Bastard, so can I just give that Duke the title of Hairless as a way for the common people to mock him? Or the Obese?

The_Everdistant_Utopia

I was under the assumption that Grogar was his family name, and has been calling it the Ducal House of Grogar in my novel, cus I dont really know if he own a city or an island at all if any, nor does he have any other title like the Bold, the Great, or the Old.
I mean, when you have a nobility title, despite what fantasy and pop culture might lead you to believe, it means you own land. Land and nobility go hand in hand in a feudalistic system, so he probably owns some place (and if more than one has multiple titles: example, King George III of England also being the King of Hanover and Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg).

My question was mostly whether Grogar was his peerage or his personal name~
Just a silly question, but the nobility usually have multiple title, some of them were used to mocked them, like William the Bastard, so can I just give that Duke the title of Hairless as a way for the common people to mock him? Or the Obese?
It'll probably be fine~

Though there were more creative means of mocking monarchs. Willian "Lackland", for example, after he lost a lot of English territories on France.

Last edited:

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Hoh, I have a question. What do you all have in mind for Duke Grogar?
Hm.... ambitious but somewhat incompetent leader. A little power hungry, blinded by power and riches, but also quite cunning when he needed to, but also lack the foresight. Appearance wise, little fat and bald maybe?
I mean, when you have a nobility title, despite what fantasy and pop culture might lead you to believe, it means you own land. Land and nobility go hand in hand in a feudalistic system, so he probably owns some place (and if more than one has multiple titles: example, King George II of England also being the King of Hanover and Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg).

My question was mostly whether Grogar was his peerage or his personal name~

It'll probably be fine~

Though there were more creative means of mocking monarchs. Willian "Lackland", for example, after he lost a lot of English territories on France.
I see.... I am not very familiar with these western title, as in some case, Chinese and to an extend feudal southeastern asian country bestow title to people as a way to show favor or to appease certain people. So, landless nobles were a thing, although they weren't high in the power scale. Scholars and advisors too, sometime will have a title of their own, but no lands at all, in order to show the favor by the king or emperor.