Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
:blob_hide: I just wanted to give a friendly reminder to be mindful of the rules!

Specifically these two:

Omniscient narrators who know everything as fact should be avoided! The reason for this is shuts a lot of doors for other players, and no story in the AGSA universe should be treated as 100% fact.

It's okay to have a narrator who thinks something is fact (i.e. @Way's character telling a story), but it's being presented as Eochy's memories and perspective on something. Since Eochy is human, there's a chancy Eochy could be wrong, and gives some flexibility if other players want to retcon something in the future.

Omniscient narrators who 100% factually state that sorcerers do X and witches do Y blocks other players from making witches/sorcerers/druids who work differently.

In general, it's best to work with the assumption that magic can work in many different ways in the AGSA universe and avoid locking it down for everyone. It's okay to say that "numerous" or "several" people use Rune magic or Tuning or Systems or Elemental Magic, but it's not okay to state that everyone does X, Y, or Z.

I think if you add a narrator to your story, it should resolve these issues. Specifically, if you present your story in terms of "X believes/thinks/recalls/reports that sorcerers are like this", it leaves things open for alternative interpretations.
Oh my mistake, I tried to stick to the traditional images for spellcasters so as to try and avoid it but I can delete the chapter. I have to write another one where I get trashed in basketball anyway

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
Oh my mistake, I tried to stick to the traditional images for spellcasters so as to try and avoid it but I can delete the chapter. I have to write another one where I get trashed in basketball anyway

Or, flex that writer muslce and make the narrator an unreliable narrator......so the story is gonna be one big mind fuck. Have him state thing that is clearly proven false without any acknowledgement of the conflicting info

Last edited:

Reborn_Cat

Or, flex that writer muslce and make the narrator an unreliable narrator......so the story is gonna be one big mind fuck. Have him state thing that is clearly priven false without any acknowledgement the conflict info
Nah Imma delete that chapter, writing another one anyway

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
You don't have the delete the chapter!

Honestly if you just named a narrator and stuck it at the top, kind of like the way that @Way wrote a thingy "Written by Duke Grogar", it would be perfectly fine.

Reborn_Cat

@fyrre Just want to confirm Gwendolyn's appearance, is it okay to write a tall, model-like woman with bluish gray hair and figure that would give her a fan club.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Y'all posting one chapter after another are one step away from being shanked by me for increasing my backlog further

Anyway, I'm almost done with mine.
*pat pat pat* If it makes you any happier, I did not increase your backlog in the slightest since AGSA started! ^^)/

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
@fyrre Just want to confirm Gwendolyn's appearance, is it okay to write a tall, model-like woman with bluish gray hair and figure that would give her a fan club.
Of course! Go ahead.
Seems like I'm feeling kinda tired rn... Because I was like...

... How would a mixture of those two make a functional weapon? That seems kinda dumb...

Took me a while to realize it was a completely different type of fanclub...

fyrre

... How would a mixture of those two make a functional weapon? That seems kinda dumb...

I was thinking the same thing!! I was like a fan? Weird but ok.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades

I was thinking the same thing!! I was like a fan? Weird but ok.
Somehow reminds me of those dynasty warriors games where some of the female characters fight with fans
Me too, lol. I was thinking of a fan from Journey to the West where Sun Wokong uses to blow out an ever-burning inferno, and I was like, cool!

Reborn_Cat

Honestly, both of them would suit my impression of gwedolyn