Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Also looking through registration I see a lot of people entered the game but.... where are they? Like they registered but just disappeared?
I dunno, but some wrote a few chapters and disappeared

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Also looking through registration I see a lot of people entered the game but.... where are they? Like they registered but just disappeared?
Joining a new community is intimidating!

I also barely talked in AGv1

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Did you guys go to sleep? Because why are is there hundred and one pages now. :sweat_smile:
I slept on and off and it fuckin' sucked, now i have a headache.
You live in New York too?!!
Long Island :blob_shade:
That's correct. Though I never said that there were no spanish speaking people in Archipelago, just that Raul never meet any. That's why he assumed that there weren't any besides him
Laughs in Griswold being an omnilinguist. Plus he's visited Earth in the past, so he already knows all the currently used languages and even some older ones.
On a side note, it's really hard to extend all fingers except the ring one. Made me wonder why Kanon chose that one finger in specific to not extend~
...Nani? Wdym? I can extend all my fingers except my ring ones just fine? Am I missing something? I mean at most my pinky doesn't go as far as if I did extend them all, but that's it.
:blob_hide: I just wanted to give a friendly reminder to be mindful of the rules!

Specifically these two:

Omniscient narrators who know everything as fact should be avoided! The reason for this is shuts a lot of doors for other players, and no story in the AGSA universe should be treated as 100% fact.

It's okay to have a narrator who thinks something is fact (i.e. @Way's character telling a story), but it's being presented as Eochy's memories and perspective on something. Since Eochy is human, there's a chancy Eochy could be wrong, and gives some flexibility if other players want to retcon something in the future.

Omniscient narrators who 100% factually state that sorcerers do X and witches do Y blocks other players from making witches/sorcerers/druids who work differently.

In general, it's best to work with the assumption that magic can work in many different ways in the AGSA universe and avoid locking it down for everyone. It's okay to say that "numerous" or "several" people use Rune magic or Tuning or Systems or Elemental Magic, but it's not okay to state that everyone does X, Y, or Z.

I think if you add a narrator to your story, it should resolve these issues. Specifically, if you present your story in terms of "X believes/thinks/recalls/reports that sorcerers are like this", it leaves things open for alternative interpretations.
This actually fits with Griswold's lore really well, because he has gone to different worlds with various power systems, and in his backstory I pretty much called the world the Archipelago appeared at as one where a bunch of things from Existence showed up randomly. It's not something Griswold sees every day and is one of the reason he stays. So there being people that identify as druids/sorcerers/witches/etc. but using entirely different power systems fits well, especially since Griswold himself uses multiple power systems~
It can also be a something like a wand
Enchanted fans, using wind magic?

DarkeReises

Also I just found out who IRyS was literally today
Who are they? Saw them mentioned yesterday, but like most people that were mentioned that didnt actually talk here yesterday, I know shit about anyone in this community.

DarkeReises

Oh my god, I just saw the latest Registration and I have this inexplicable desire to crush that character with Griswold. I won't though. Consent is important.

Akeolxero

Uhhh is it ok if Airi damages/destroys an uninhabited/unused/undocumented island that makes up the archipelago as she comes hurling down like a meteorite?

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
Uhhh is it ok if Airi damages/destroys an uninhabited/unused/undocumented island that makes up the archipelago as she comes hurling down like a meteorite?
If it is an unnamed island that no one is using then it is fine.

Just make sure it doesn't affect other people's stories.