I hereby declare victory against the haters.

Who won?

• Total voters

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
wtf why are these deleted
I reported them for hijacking the thread.

I also added a note on the report that the thread was just a pointless shitpost with no real topic to it and suggested a thread lock, but I guess the mods didn't consider the thread to be pointless enough to fall under the Spam Rule
Title of the thread should be representing the content of thread. Blank title ".....", misleading, or ambiguous title is not recommended. Similarly, the thread must at least contain an idea to discuss. Thread that is made for SPAM posting will be locked.

How to know if the thread is made for SPAM posting? It generally follow several patterns:
- No clear main idea/ general direction, with 2 or more change in topic within 3 pages
- User only post picture/ video/ link without any discussion/ comment
So, the hijacking was deleted without a thread lock.

Lloyd

Professional Writer

I also added a note on the report that the thread was just a pointless shitpost with no real topic to it and suggested a thread lock, but I guess the mods didn't consider the thread to be pointless enough to fall under the Spam Rule

Why report such a fun thread? People like you should be banned from the internet.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus

Do you just hate fun?

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house

The reason the mods didn't consider the thread is cause it isn't a problem

if the thread itself is pointless then what is there to hijack

Minx

Procrastinator Mongrel
FB_IMG_1651584509413.jpg

AliceShiki

Why report such a fun thread? People like you should be banned from the internet.
I report rule breaks when I see them, since the mods are not omniscient and can't see everything.

Sometimes the exactly line where the rules stand on is a bit murky though (like whether this thread consists of spam or not). At those points it's up to the mods to decide whether the thread should be locked or not, but they won't know about it if it's not reported, so I reported.

And well, Ben's posts were obviously against the rules, so I reported them.
Do you just hate fun?
I like rules, and I report rulebreaks all the time. Really, it's kinda automatic to me at this point.
The reason the mods didn't consider the thread is cause it isn't a problem
It's not a problem indeed, but if it breaks the rules it still gets locked.

The mods decided it has enough of a topic to not be spam, so that is that.

To give an example of a "not problem" thing that is listed on the rules, one cannot make threads asking for help on homework on SHF... Tbh I have no idea why this rule is a thing. I never understood it, but it's a rule. If I see a homework thread, I report it and it gets locked, even if it isn't particularly problematic for the forums.

... Though I don't remember seeing a single homework thread on SHF so far tbh. I reported them a few times on NUF though.
if the thread itself is pointless then what is there to hijack
The topic of the thread is "Lloyd won against the haters"... I have no clue what that means, but it is a topic... Random Pic Spam is definitely not the topic of the thread, so it is hijacking, even if the topic itself isn't clearly defined.
*pat pat*

Lloyd

Professional Writer
I report rule breaks when I see them, since the mods are not omniscient and can't see everything.

Sometimes the exactly line where the rules stand on is a bit murky though (like whether this thread consists of spam or not). At those points it's up to the mods to decide whether the thread should be locked or not, but they won't know about it if it's not reported, so I reported.

I like rules, and I report rulebreaks all the time. Really, it's kinda automatic to me at this point.

To give an example of a "not problem" thing that is listed on the rules, one cannot make threads asking for help on homework on SHF... Tbh I have no idea why this rule is a thing. I never understood it, but it's a rule. If I see a homework thread, I report it and it gets locked, even if it isn't particularly problematic for the forums.

... Though I don't remember seeing a single homework thread on SHF so far tbh. I reported them a few times on NUF though.

The topic of the thread is "Lloyd won against the haters"... I have no clue what that means, but it is a topic... Random Pic Spam is definitely not the topic of the thread, so it is hijacking, even if the topic itself isn't clearly defined.

*pat pat*
You are missing the point.
Why are rules even there in the first place?
You are following the letter of the rule rather than the spirit, which frankly just pisses everyone off and makes you look like a complete asshole.

AliceShiki

You are missing the point.
Why are rules even there in the first place?
You are following the letter of the rule rather than the spirit, which frankly just pisses everyone off and makes you look like a complete asshole.
If you disagree with the wording of the rules, you can suggest Tony to reword them a bit?

In any case, if I was a mod I'd have locked this for spam in the first page or so, but I only reported it after the hijacking started, so like... Eh? Dunno what you think the spirit of the rules is, but there is some subjectivity to the rules regardless. And from what I have seen so far, I tend to have a stricter view on the rules than the mods of SHF have.

Take that for what it is. At the end of the day, the ones who decide how the rules are enforced is Tony first, then the mods afterwards. I just report the rulebreaks that I see and leave it to the mods to take the action they deem as appropriate. Sometimes that is exactly what I expected, sometimes it's less, sometimes they just reject my report and leave it at that. It happens.

There is a reason they are the mods and not me, so I think they have a better grasp of what is and isn't okay on the forums.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
If you disagree with the wording of the rules, you can suggest Tony to reword them a bit?

In any case, if I was a mod I'd have locked this for spam in the first page or so, but I only reported it after the hijacking started, so like... Eh? Dunno what you think the spirit of the rules is, but there is some subjectivity to the rules regardless. And from what I have seen so far, I tend to have a stricter view on the rules than the mods of SHF have.

Take that for what it is. At the end of the day, the ones who decide how the rules are enforced is Tony first, then the mods afterwards. I just report the rulebreaks that I see and leave it to the mods to take the action they deem as appropriate. Sometimes that is exactly what I expected, sometimes it's less, sometimes they just reject my report and leave it at that. It happens.

There is a reason they are the mods and not me, so I think they have a better grasp of what is and isn't okay on the forums.
What do you think the rules are there for?

Ymadthepirate

*pat pat*
*claps* *claps* *claps* I bet you feel really good about yourself, about snitching on someone who wasn't bothering you or anyone else do you expect a 1,000,000 carrot ring, an Olympic trophy, a father you get nothing

AliceShiki

What do you think the rules are there for?
To make the forum work in the way Tony wants it to work~
*claps* *claps* *claps* I bet you feel really good about yourself, about snitching on someone who wasn't bothering you or anyone else do you expect a 1,000,000 carrot ring, an Olympic trophy, a father you get nothing
If you dislike some of the rules, you can always ask Tony about it and see if he is willing to change them. At most you'll get a no.

Ymadthepirate

To make the forum work in the way Tony wants it to work~

If you dislike some of the rules, you can always ask Tony about it and see if he is willing to change them. At most you'll get a no.
Its not about the rules IDC its about how you snitch on someone who was just chillin

AliceShiki

Its not about the rules IDC its about how you snitch on someone who was just chillin
I don't get your point. You're complaining about me reporting a rulebreak?

You do you, I guess? I won't stop reporting those.