Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

DanNepZen

Well since I completely the slime subjugation I pick another quest that might be my specialty since I have the time to do it

Exploration and Scouting
Sponsor: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
EXP: 0 - 75
Money: 10 - 50G

I grab it and move out.
Quest report : Exploration and Scouting

Name: Cleo
completion way:
I go and move out side of the village on a Forest north of here around 100km? I did a roundabout exploration I also use my [sense up] to see if I can get any findings. I mainly heard some monsters like goblins around a River don't know if it's a settlement so I move in to investigate I also heard some wolf near the river to but it seems they are just hunting prey elsewhere. I got to the place were I heard the goblins to see a couple of them hunting they seems to be equip with weapons like Spears and small daggers and light armor seems they were just grabbing a prey. They drag it somewhere so I follow them silently and found a cave on a nearby hill with 2 trees on top it seems that it might be a dungeon or something?.... They drag it inside the cave and I don't really think I want to risk going there so I head back.
I draw a map to that place if it helps I wonder what is inside that cave....

Report quest : report send
- wolf sightings near the river
- goblins sightings on a cave

Last edited:

darkza1569

Night Watch
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:
  • EXP: 25
  • Money: 10G

Quest Report :

Hi, Almodeus here. I keep guard all night with my fellow guards here. They're kind and they taught me several tricks. Like,some kind of swordsmanship and how to survive through the entire night without feeling drowsy. So, No traces of any criminals or vagabonds here.
I'm going to do another quest again after I get some rest. Thank you

Almodeus Thompson got

Almodeus Thompson learn Swordsmanship through Brightest Mind.
Swordsmanship turn into Inferior Swordsmanship by Jack of all trades,Master of None.
Almodeus Thompson learn Gambler through Brightest Mind.
Gambler turn into Dirty Tricks by Jack of all trades,Master of None.

Inferior Swordsmanship : Primitive form of swordsmanship. No power,no speed only basic.
Dirty Tricks : Low-level form of Gambler. Make sure to not get caught when cheating!

Last edited:

Miku

Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:

Quest Report[FILLED]:
Character: Lib (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 0)
Quest: Night Watch
Report:
Lib felt that she couldn't sleep at all. Her body felt extremely weary and yet her mind alert. With nothing better to do, she decided to sign up on the night watch.

As she arrived at the guard station she asked one of the city guard. The guard kindly pointed out the direction to the office where she could get assigned a shift. Thanking the guard, she went to the office.

"Excuse me?" She said while knocking the door.

"Enter." Someone replied.

The man seemed busy reading the documents in front of him. He moved with a hint of efficiency as he read and classified those documents. As she stood in front of him, the man immediately asked whether she is an adventurer and whether she accepted the Night Watch quest. Then, after hearing the confirmation from her, he immediately assigned her to the west tower.

Thanking the man, she left the office and went to the west tower.

The guard at the west tower seemed really understaffed, with only one man and one woman in there. The man seemed busy with his bow, while the woman smiled at her and let her come inside.

"So... what do I need to do?" She asked.
-------

A white dragon was sighted in the distant sky. The dragon came from the west direction and passed overhead, and vanished beyond the mountain range. The sight of the dragon, majestic and powerful made her held her breath. The guard said that the dragon was virtually invincible, very few have faced it and lived to tell the tale.

The night still went on. The woman brought two mugs of hot chocolate and gave it to the man and her. In the lull of the night, the woman began to tell her about her experience as an adventurer. She decided to retire and become a guardswoman when some bandit had inflicted wound on her arm that made her unable to hold a sword anymore. Since then, she was a happily married woman. She continued to tell us the story of her adventurer days until the dawn arrived.

With the shift ended, I thanked both the man and woman for their accompaniment and returned to the guard office to report the quest status.

Last edited:

darkza1569

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75

Name : Almodeus Thompson (Lvl.1)

Quest Report :

Hey, This is Almodeus here. I'm getting some rest and some nice breakfast after check-in in some nice and cozy hotel or should I say tavern? Yeah,some kind of that. After that I went to adventurer's guild again and found this quest. I think again and again that should I do this quest? Because before I came to this town I was attacked by band of thieves and still remembered that feeling of dread.
And here I am doing this quest hahaha. Slime was slimy. The blade pass through them quite easily. Oh ,I learn Swordsmanship from some guard yesterday. It's still quite rough and crude but I think I can improve that.
After I killed some dozens of slimes,I learn something quite useful. I can make myself slimy and can reflect some kind of blunt object. This should be characteristic of slime isn't it? I wonder how I learn them.
No matter what,Here I subjugate about 30-40 slimes and ready to get some nice sleep here.

Almodeus Thompson got
EXP: 75
Money: 0

Almodeus Thompson learn Slimy Body through Brightest Mind.
Slimy Body turn into Slimy Skin by Jack of all trades,Master of None.

Slimy skin : Inferior version of Slimy Body. It can reflect some kind of blunt object but sharp object still hit through.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Report for Quest: Slime Subjugation

completion way:
I got to the area and saw some slime in the area "yos!" I move in with my dagger and slowly move to the nearest slime and hit it with my dagger and it.... Die easily. well it is a slime so I move to the next slime and saw some of them moving to me I smile and use [evasion up] 2 slime jump at me and I evade it skillfully and slice the two of them in one go with my dagger "that's 3" looking again I saw more of them moving to me I unsheathed my dagger and made a stand wit my hand on the grip of my katana then I use [meditation] and [sense up] I wait for them wait for it....closer.... And 5 slime jump at the same time I open my eyes and see a line forming [fast slash] I then use my skill and hit all 5 slime slicing them all easily.

Oke that's....8 now just 2 more I then sense one of them jumping from behind I then swing my katana on a roundabout way and slice the slime then another one came and jump behind me I grab it with my hand and [shock] I head buzz sound the slime tremble wit the electrical current I raise the slime up then trow it to a wall and it splat.

Well that's all 10 of them I pick up the cores and move in to the guild to report

Report quest item : receive 10 slime cores
One, two...Yep that's ten cores here's your reward.
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
Daily cost of living is now 10G.
Please quote the quest your taking in your report.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Well since I completely the slime subjugation I pick another quest that might be my specialty since I have the time to do it

Exploration and Scouting
Objectives:
Obtain any information that is worthwhile for the city to know.
Explanation:
The Scribel Adventurer's Guild will pay for any information that is worthwhile. Did you did you discover a band of goblins? Did you discover a new area? Do you have new and novel information that we didn't know before? Tell us what you have, and we might reward you!

Rewards:
EXP: 0 - 75
Money: 10 - 50G

I grab it and move out.
Quest report : Exploration and Scouting

completion way:
I go and move out side of the village on a Forest north of here around 100km? I did a roundabout exploration I also use my [sense up] to see if I can get any findings. I mainly heard some monsters like goblins around a River don't know if it's a settlement so I move in to investigate I also heard some wolf near the river to but it seems they are just hunting prey elsewhere. I got to the place were I heard the goblins to see a couple of them hunting they seems to be equip with weapons like Spears and small daggers and light armor seems they were just grabbing a prey. They drag it somewhere so I follow them silently and found a cave on a nearby hill with 2 trees on top it seems that it might be a dungeon or something?.... They drag it inside the cave and I don't really think I want to risk going there so I head back.
I draw a map to that place if it helps I wonder what is inside that cave....

Report quest : report send
- wolf sightings near the river
- goblins sightings on a cave
The information on the goblins may be useful as such here's your reward.
  • EXP: 50
  • Money: 15G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
Please quote the quest your taking in your report.

Last edited:

Miku

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:

Name : Almodeus Thompson (Lvl.1)

Quest Report :

Hey, This is Almodeus here. I'm getting some rest and some nice breakfast after check-in in some nice and cozy hotel or should I say tavern? Yeah,some kind of that. After that I went to adventurer's guild again and found this quest. I think again and again that should I do this quest? Because before I came to this town I was attacked by band of thieves and still remembered that feeling of dread.
And here I am doing this quest hahaha. Slime was slimy. The blade pass through them quite easily. Oh ,I learn Swordsmanship from some guard yesterday. It's still quite rough and crude but I think I can improve that.
After I killed some dozens of slimes,I learn something quite useful. I can make myself slimy and can reflect some kind of blunt object. This should be characteristic of slime isn't it? I wonder how I learn them.
No matter what,Here I subjugate about 30-40 slimes and ready to get some nice sleep here.

Almodeus Thompson learn Slimy Body through Brightest Mind.
Slimy Body turn into Slimy Skin by Jack of all trades,Master of None.

Slimy skin : Inferior version of Slimy Body. It can reflect some kind of blunt object but sharp object still hit through.

"Good afternoon. I am lib and I will be your receptionist for today." I greeted him.

The man seemed to forgot the quest content, I think. I wonder how should I evaluate him, as he don't give me the proof of subjugation.

"Since you don't seem to be able to give me the proof of subjugation, I am sorry for your effort. You have to bring 10 cores as the proof."

Rewards:
EXP: 75
Money: 0

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
Reward:

Quest Report :

Hi, Almodeus here. I keep guard all night with my fellow guards here. They're kind and they taught me several tricks. Like,some kind of swordsmanship and how to survive through the entire night without feeling drowsy. So, No traces of any criminals or vagabonds here.
I'm going to do another quest again after I get some rest. Thank you

Almodeus Thompson learn Swordsmanship through Brightest Mind.
Swordsmanship turn into Inferior Swordsmanship by Jack of all trades,Master of None.
Almodeus Thompson learn Gambler through Brightest Mind.
Gambler turn into Dirty Tricks by Jack of all trades,Master of None.

Inferior Swordsmanship : Primitive form of swordsmanship. No power,no speed only basic.
Dirty Tricks : Low-level form of Gambler. Make sure to not get caught when cheating!
Thanks for keeping guard here's your reward.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
Reward:

Quest Report:
Character: Lib (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 0)
Report:
Lib felt that she couldn't sleep at all. Her body felt extremely weary and yet her mind alert. With nothing better to do, she decided to sign up on the night watch.

As she arrived at the guard station she asked one of the city guard. The guard kindly pointed out the direction to the office where she could get assigned a shift. Thanking the guard, she went to the office.

"Excuse me?" She said while knocking the door.

"Enter." Someone replied.

The man seemed busy reading the documents in front of him. He moved with a hint of efficiency as he read and classified those documents. As she stood in front of him, the man immediately asked whether she is an adventurer and whether she accepted the Night Watch quest. Then, after hearing the confirmation from her, he immediately assigned her to the west tower.

Thanking the man, she left the office and went to the west tower.

The guard at the west tower seemed really understaffed, with only one man and one woman in there. The man seemed busy with his bow, while the woman smiled at her and let her come inside.

"So... what do I need to do?" She asked.
-------

A white dragon was sighted in the distant sky. The dragon came from the west direction and passed overhead, and vanished beyond the mountain range. The sight of the dragon, majestic and powerful made her held her breath. The guard said that the dragon was virtually invincible, very few have faced it and lived to tell the tale.

The night still went on. The woman brought two mugs of hot chocolate and gave it to the man and her. In the lull of the night, the woman began to tell her about her experience as an adventurer. She decided to retire and become a guardswoman when some bandit had inflicted wound on her arm that made her unable to hold a sword anymore. Since then, she was a happily married woman. She continued to tell us the story of her adventurer days until the dawn arrived.

With the shift ended, I thanked both the man and woman for their accompaniment and returned to the guard office to report the quest status.
Oh you saw a dragon, there hasn't been any reports of dragons attacking civilizations so it's more of an sightseeing event to see one.

Last edited:

darkza1569

Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Collect a large sack full of healing herbs.
Explanation:
Recently there has been reports of a special type of grass that has healing properties. The City of Scribel would like to stockpile on this grass for emergencies. Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though! We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 40
  • Money: 20G

Almodeus Thompson (Lvl.1)

Quest report :

Sadly, I didn't get money in the previous quest because I forgot about slime cores ;-;
Since I broke all of them to kill slimes....

So be it! Today I'm going to forage some healing herbs. I heard that it can heal many type of symtoms and wound so it maybe useful if I keep some of it to myself. Since I was the one who forage it so that should be fine!

And here up in the mountain. I found many types of herbs and mushrooms. On the way through the mountain I met a farmer. He said that he gather herbs and mushrooms to sell and cook dinner for his family.

I was moved by how he using old body of his to foraging in the mountain. He taught me many things about how to forage specific kind of herbs and mushrooms. He also taught me how to discern traps that hunter placed it to caught animals.

I found large quantity of healing herbs. Old man said that the herbs that I foraged are all in excellent quality. Sadly, I didn't bring that large or many of a sack so I gave all of it to Old man.

He hesitate to accept it so I said that it's a tutor fee for teaching me and he accept all of the herbs I giving.
In the end,I only gather one large sack of healing herbs and some mushrooms in my traveler bag.

Almodeus Thompson got

Almodeus Thompson learn Herbology through Brigtest Mind
Herbology turn into Forest Knowledge by Jack of All trades,Master of None

Almodeus Thompson learn Foraging through Brightest Ming
Foraging turn into Looting by Jack of All trades,Master of None

Almodeus Thompson learn Discern Trap through Brightest Ming
Discern Trap turn into Identify by Jack of All trades,Master of None

Forest Knowledge : You have knowledge about forest but what about outside of forest? you know none. Chances to identify man-made herbs dropped.
Looting : Rough hands gathering what you can find without caring about it. Chances for the quality of loot dropped considerably.
Identify : You can identify specific objects for information but by no means you'll know what it is. Ex.Identify trap hidden under tiles but it'll only give information about tiles.
[/SPOLIER]

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Collect a large sack full of healing herbs.
Explanation:
Recently there has been reports of a special type of grass that has healing properties. The City of Scribel would like to stockpile on this grass for emergencies. Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though! We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!

Rewards:

Almodeus Thompson (Lvl.1)

Quest report :

Sadly, I didn't get money in the previous quest because I forgot about slime cores ;-;
Since I broke all of them to kill slimes....

So be it! Today I'm going to forage some healing herbs. I heard that it can heal many type of symtoms and wound so it maybe useful if I keep some of it to myself. Since I was the one who forage it so that should be fine!

And here up in the mountain. I found many types of herbs and mushrooms. On the way through the mountain I met a farmer. He said that he gather herbs and mushrooms to sell and cook dinner for his family.

I was moved by how he using old body of his to foraging in the mountain. He taught me many things about how to forage specific kind of herbs and mushrooms. He also taught me how to discern traps that hunter placed it to caught animals.

I found large quantity of healing herbs. Old man said that the herbs that I foraged are all in excellent quality. Sadly, I didn't bring that large or many of a sack so I gave all of it to Old man.

He hesitate to accept it so I said that it's a tutor fee for teaching me and he accept all of the herbs I giving.
In the end,I only gather one large sack of healing herbs and some mushrooms in my traveler bag.

Almodeus Thompson learn Herbology through Brigtest Mind
Herbology turn into Forest Knowledge by Jack of All trades,Master of None

Almodeus Thompson learn Foraging through Brightest Ming
Foraging turn into Looting by Jack of All trades,Master of None

Almodeus Thompson learn Discern Trap through Brightest Ming
Discern Trap turn into Identify by Jack of All trades,Master of None

Forest Knowledge : You have knowledge about forest but what about outside of forest? you know none. Chances to identify man-made herbs dropped.
Looting : Rough hands gathering what you can find without caring about it. Chances for the quality of loot to drop considerably.
Identify : You can identify specific objects for information but by no means you'll know what it is. Ex.Identify trap hidden under tiles but it'll only give information about tiles.
One bag of healing herbs received here's your reward.

Last edited:

Miku

Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:
The City of Scribel stockpiles on rations in case of emergency. Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time. The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow. One ration is one day's worth of food.

Rewards:
  • Items: 5 rations

Quest Report[FILLED]:

If I had rations for 5 days, did that mean I could cut my living cost to 1G per day? Tavern cost is 1G, ration is free. As I pondered about this matter, I concluded that this was an excellent idea.

Then, what I need to do was to report to the adventurer guild and get assigned, right? right? So to the adventurer guild I went. I reported in to the clerk and had him point me the location for today's job.

So... I worked in the kitchen. I did not know that the adventurer guild had its own kitchen. What greeted me, though, was a drill sergeant from hell. What about the easy recipe to follow, mister receptionist! That man is the epitome of perfectionist! Okay, the recipe is truly easy to understand. But the man made us measure the ingredients to the exact gram, cook the ingredients with temperature so precise, (how do I get 186.7 degrees celcius when the thermometer shows 186 and 187 degrees?) to the exact second. I had to run from one part of the chef station to another because he didn't want the food to cool down more than 10 degrees celcius? The man was truly the most demanding of chefs.

Well... all in all, I've made 7 failures (according to him), and completed the 40 requested rations (that was deemed acceptable). I would compliment the man for his skills, because there was a significant difference between the good one and my failure, and between the good one and one he made. I thought even if I had 100 more years, I wouldn't be able to surpass this man in cooking skill.

One recommendation: someone made him an automaton for doing this, because I think I was a factory worker, and even my brother's automaton did not work as as I was today.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:
The City of Scribel stockpiles on rations in case of emergency. Rations are foods that are easily preserved and can store for a long time. The Adventurer's Guild provides the ingredients, and there is an easy recipe to follow. One ration is one day's worth of food.

Rewards:

Quest Report:

If I had rations for 5 days, did that mean I could cut my living cost to 1G per day? Tavern cost is 1G, ration is free. As I pondered about this matter, I concluded that this was an excellent idea.

Then, what I need to do was to report to the adventurer guild and get assigned, right? right? So to the adventurer guild I went. I reported in to the clerk and had him point me the location for today's job.

So... I worked in the kitchen. I did not know that the adventurer guild had its own kitchen. What greeted me, though, was a drill sergeant from hell. What about the easy recipe to follow, mister receptionist! That man is the epitome of perfectionist! Okay, the recipe is truly easy to understand. But the man made us measure the ingredients to the exact gram, cook the ingredients with temperature so precise, (how do I get 186.7 degrees celcius when the thermometer shows 186 and 187 degrees?) to the exact second. I had to run from one part of the chef station to another because he didn't want the food to cool down more than 10 degrees celcius? The man was truly the most demanding of chefs.

Well... all in all, I've made 7 failures (according to him), and completed the 40 requested rations (that was deemed acceptable). I would compliment the man for his skills, because there was a significant difference between the good one and my failure, and between the good one and one he made. I thought even if I had 100 more years, I wouldn't be able to surpass this man in cooking skill.

One recommendation: someone made him an automaton for doing this, because I think I was a factory worker, and even my brother's automaton did not work as as I was today.
They still look better than mine so good job.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
There is a saying: when a newcomer arrives at the job, they get assigned a hard task to measure their capability. Of course, the hard tasks would be the ones that usually nobody wanted to do.

In the gaol, there was an old inmate who was reportedly insane, and no one liked guarding him. Even one of her fellow adventurers had went for a stint, or so she heard. The point was, nobody wanted to be assigned this duty.

Since she was the new prison guard (for a day), she was a newcomer. That meant getting the tough job. So who did she end up with? What a real no-brainer.

*****​

To give credit to the old guy, he only really disturbed Vicious when he walked right in front of the cell door, out of sight from the windows, and started mumbling inaudibly.

Which was...about once every twenty minutes? If she hummed to herself during then, she could almost ignore it. Almost.

When she had first heard the mumbling in the morning, a concerned Vicious had opened the small sliding portion built into the door to peek inside. As soon as she did, there was a startled gasp before the girl slammed the sliding portion closed.

Standing right behind the door had been the old man, eyes bloodshot, staring right at her. She didn't scare easily, but that was rather unsettling. Thanks to that, she subconsciously avoided looking into the cell whenever the mumbling started, and when it was time for dinner, Vicious simply slid the tray through a gap in the window, and backed away to settle back on the stool.

To take her mind off the rambling, Vicious fished out the emblem she had located at the latest site---the ruined house---and started examining it more closely. Much as she hated to admit it, the craftsmanship was decent. The detailing on the dragon's claw, the ridges and grooves that formed the scales...she ended up more preoccupied in the emblem than she initially expected.

How long was I out?

Finally pocketing the emblem for later, Vicious glanced back into the cell and nearly screeched. The old man was sitting by the window, staring at her.

"......"

Neither spoke for a while; then the old inmate reached out, as far as he was able to, and pointed at her.

"Cahf ah nafl mglw'nafh hh' ahor syha'h ah'legeth, ng llll or'azath syha'hnahh n'ghftephai n'gha ahornah ah'mglw'nafh."

Before she could respond, he had already stood up and walked back to his tiny bed.

What the heck was that?

*****​

An hour later, the day ended and Vicious was able to leave. As she passed the front desk, the guard jokingly asked her,

"He didn't weird you out too much, did he?"

"Not too much once I got used to it."

Shrugging, the guard waved goodbye as the girl left, deep in thought.

If possible, I want to know what those words mean.
Just ignore anything that man says he's insane.
  • EXP: 50

Last edited:

Bochi

Giant Rat Subjugation
Sponsor
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel Sewers.
  • Collect 10 giant rat tails.
Explanation:
Overgrown rats in the sewers... nobody likes them. They’re not too dangerous, but you could get sick with a nasty illness if you’re bitten. They are agile and difficult to catch.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
"Sewers again? Oh, rats. I didn't really want to go down there again if I could help myself...argh, fine."

Making a detour to a certain type of shop in town, Vicious emerged five minutes later with a chunk of stale cheese, and set off for the sewers.

The plan was as follows; she would heat up the cheese until it softened, and let the smell do the baiting. She also had some packets of chewing gum with her as an alternative to glue. No springtrap, but that didn't matter when she had a functioning knife and a keen hand. And thus, the girl figured that such a stint would only require ten or so minutes.

*****​

An hour later, a sopping wet Vicious made her way out of the sewers.

"What was that swarm?! It's moldy cheese, for goodness sake! Are the rats here so starved that they'll amass just for a piece of expired cheese? I don't even play a pipe, for heaven's sake!"

Perhaps it was a stroke of luck, but since she figured it would be an easy task, most of her belongings were left in the tavern room which she had rented out. She'd brought along nothing beyond the bait, bubble gum, a knife and her clothes.

Contrary to expectations, the moment the smell of cheese started spreading, the rats were already making their presence known. Seeing several dozen pairs of eyes appearing in the dark simultaneously...that was a chilling experience, to say the least. But god, watching the swarm move was an entirely different matter.

She'd immediately ditched it and jumped into the murky sewer waters, swimming for the ladder that led to the street, but the rats followed, leaping into the water in twos and threes. Quite a number drowned, but still a sizeable number swam after her...

"Never...doing this again. Not worth."

Vicious deliberately ignored the pouch of rat tails on her waist. In the chaotic melee she had mostly been focused on stabbing or clubbing anything that moved, so when she could finally pause for a break, the ground around her was littered in tiny carcasses and she was soaked, smelly, and bleeding from more than a few wounds and cuts. And that had been in shallow waters, where the rats had been swimming and weren't moving nearly as fast; on land she would have been mobbed, and what could be more glorious than dying to rats in a sewer?

She was barely paying attention as she mechanically cut off all the tails and stuffed them into a pouch---there were way more than 10, but she was too tired to care.

And so, Vicious would hand in her report and the pouch shortly after, dry but still smelling of sewer water and dying to take a bath.

Last edited:

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
Quest Report: [filled]
Character
: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 175) (Money 3G)
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of assisting the Scribel City's Guard with the Night Watch. During my watch, I just happened to be in the area of the Lucky Turkey gambling hall where I found a corrupt official using the city's gold to bet on turtle races. While this dastardly fellow did in fact win adding to the city's treasury, I feel that this was a gross misuse of the city's fund so I took it upon myself to capture this fiend and bring him to justice. Do not listen to his ranting and raving about my being a sore loser, I was only pretending to be gambling on the turtle racing in order to capture this vile fellow in the act. As part of my act, it was only natural that I would cheer for Mr. Turt Turt and spew venomous words of hate for Speedykins Crustbottom, the turtle that won the race.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman

Night Watch Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild​
Requirements
Level 1​
Objectives
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Description
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.​
Reward EXP: 25Money: 10GItems: n/a

Last edited:

Feathers95

City Guard Training
Sponsor
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Get trained to be a City Guard for one week.
  • Pass the exam.
Explanation:
So you think you're strong enough to be on the City Guard, huh? Well, let's see if you can tough it out through basic training! A hotshot like yourself might have done a lot of solo work before, but here you'll have learn how to work as a team. You'll be assigned to a team of four (two pairs), and your entire team needs to work together to pass the final exam. Either you all pass or you all fail!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 250
  • Item: City Guard Certificate
Quest Report (16)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 4 (1695 EXP)
Quest: City Guard Training
Evaluation:
  • Trained as a city guard alongside Xin, Nora and Stal for a week
  • Passed the City Guard exam.
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't particularly interested in becoming a city guard. The only reason I applied for this, was so that I could unlock more quests to go on later! My partner in the exam was really tall, and I mean really tall and didn't really say much to me. His name was Xin, and seemed to be the stoic and silent type. But that suited me fine, since he was quite diligent in his training regardless. During the day we would report for training at the barracks together, often having lunch together afterwards too. Even though few words were said between us, passing time in a relatively comfortable quietness, we gradually became accustomed to each other's habits, techniques and tactics.

The other pair in our party was actually quite similar to us. One of them was quiet and calm(Nora), whilst the other(Stal) seemed to not mind it and talked to her regardless. The main problem was, all four of us were damage dealers, aka offensive members in a party. We did not have a single support or tank type class with us! It was unfortunate, but we consolidated our teamwork as best we could in exchange. We would often eat and chat together, slowly coming to understand each other's personalities and stuff. We even managed to hear Nora and Xin crack a few jokes! I feel I had made some great friends during this quest.

The exam itself, was not as intimidating as I thought it'd be. As a team, we fought against a group of examiners in a 4v4. Since my skillset was all-rounded, during the battle I would often switch between firing arrows, flinging spells and engaging in direct combat. My job was mainly to assist those who were struggling, since I could swap between my different abilities relatively easily. Basically, I filled the 'support' class of the team that we needed.

Xin was, despite the stoicness of his appearance, a barbarian. He swung ferociously at the examiners, occasionally battling more than one at once. He acted as our frontline, since he was quite tall and big, and was able to use his aggressiveness to fend off attacks. He was literally the embodiment of 'attacking is the best defence'.

Nora was a magic huntress, who sent arrows with varying magical effects imbued onto to them towards the examiners. Whenever Xin or I needed help, she would rapidly send out a spell that impairs the enemy or buffs us.

Stal was a rogue, that occasionally battled with the examiners upfront to lighten the load of the rest of us. Otherwise, he would mainly sneak attack the examiners that were already dueling with one of us.

Although our teamwork wasn't perfect, we were always willing to stop what we were doing and immediately go to help one of our teammates, which won the examiners over. Afterall, on a battlefield, or in a great war, the worst betrayal is when a comrade refuses to help you. After hugging each other over our success, we immediately headed towards the guild to hand in our respective reports.
TL;DR: Team was very offensive-based, ate and trained together often, the exam went well since we helped out each other so much, (nothing particularly special happened)

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
"Sewers again? Oh, rats. I didn't really want to go down there again if I could help myself...argh, fine."

Making a detour to a certain type of shop in town, Vicious emerged five minutes later with a chunk of stale cheese, and set off for the sewers.

The plan was as follows; she would heat up the cheese until it softened, and let the smell do the baiting. She also had some packets of chewing gum with her as an alternative to glue. No springtrap, but that didn't matter when she had a functioning knife and a keen hand. And thus, the girl figured that such a stint would only require ten or so minutes.

*****​

An hour later, a sopping wet Vicious made her way out of the sewers.

"What was that swarm?! It's moldy cheese, for goodness sake! Are the rats here so starved that they'll amass just for a piece of expired cheese? I don't even play a pipe, for heaven's sake!"

Perhaps it was a stroke of luck, but since she figured it would be an easy task, most of her belongings were left in the tavern room which she had rented out. She'd brought along nothing beyond the bait, bubble gum, a knife and her clothes.

Contrary to expectations, the moment the smell of cheese started spreading, the rats were already making their presence known. Seeing several dozen pairs of eyes appearing in the dark simultaneously...that was a chilling experience, to say the least. But god, watching the swarm move was an entirely different matter.

She'd immediately ditched it and jumped into the murky sewer waters, swimming for the ladder that led to the street, but the rats followed, leaping into the water in twos and threes. Quite a number drowned, but still a sizeable number swam after her...

"Never...doing this again. Not worth."

Vicious deliberately ignored the pouch of rat tails on her waist. In the chaotic melee she had mostly been focused on stabbing or clubbing anything that moved, so when she could finally pause for a break, the ground around her was littered in tiny carcasses and she was soaked, smelly, and bleeding from more than a few wounds and cuts. And that had been in shallow waters, where the rats had been swimming and weren't moving nearly as fast; on land she would have been mobbed, and what could be more glorious than dying to rats in a sewer?

She was barely paying attention as she mechanically cut off all the tails and stuffed them into a pouch---there were way more than 10, but she was too tired to care.

And so, Vicious would hand in her report and the pouch shortly after, dry but still smelling of sewer water and dying to take a bath.
Oh god.
*Holds nose*
You passed here.
  • EXP: 100
  • Item: Bath voucher (Redeemable at the bath house)

Last edited:

Miku

Cooking Rations
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Cook 40 rations.
Explanation:

Rewards:

Quest Report[FILLED]:

'Apparently, I was a glutton for punishment.' she thought.

Lib decided to do it again and again, until she could learn all the man's techniques. The world of molecular gastronomy was a new world for her. The profoundness behind each action, how each ingredients could be broken down to its elementary form and then interacted with each other made her shiver. The man could do something like this with cooking, something that she thought was just putting ingredients and sauces and other additives and let it cook until it browned.

She went to the clerk to accept the job, and went to the kitchen. In the kitchen, she could see that he worked alone preparing some kind of dish. As her footsteps got closer, he glanced at her and coldly said,

"So, it is you again today? Then, get to work. Time's wasting."

She prepared the yesterday's notes beside her, and began preparing all those ingredients. For 4 hours, there is no sound that could be heard beyond the sizzling of the fire and oil, knife work, and the shuffling of footsteps as the man and she prepared the food. She was able to complete the process of making 40 rations during that time.

As she looked at the man, she could see that the man was in a state of deep concentration. His eyes were glowing brightly as he used some kind of ocular spell. His hand worked carefully to prepare the dish he was in charge of. His dish began to take shape as he carefully plated the food and add the sauce and garnish.

The man barked an order for the server to take the dish to the respective officer. And then, he asked her,

"Why are you still here? aren't your job done already?"

She replied, "Sir, If I may, can I ask you to take me as a student?"

"Do you?" He asked, eyebrow rising.

He then did not continue and left the room.

Seeing that he left, she reported back to the receptionist.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 175) (Money 3G)
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of assisting the Scribel City's Guard with the Night Watch. During my watch, I just happened to be in the area of the Lucky Turkey gambling hall where I found a corrupt official using the city's gold to bet on turtle races. While this dastardly fellow did in fact win adding to the city's treasury, I feel that this was a gross misuse of the city's fund so I took it upon myself to capture this fiend and bring him to justice. Do not listen to his ranting and raving about my being a sore loser, I was only pretending to be gambling on the turtle racing in order to capture this vile fellow in the act. As part of my act, it was only natural that I would cheer for Mr. Turt Turt and spew venomous words of hate for Speedykins Crustbottom, the turtle that won the race.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman
Please don't leave your post while on watch.
  • Money: 1G

Last edited: