Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Silver

Swordsmanship Training! (CLOSED / @Feathers95 @Silver )
"You learn fast, good work. The concept is the same for diagonal or vertical slashes, just alter the way you shift your weight. A stab or thrust is done like so." She explained before showing him a simple forward motion with her blade, extending from her side to far in front. "Do not stab from your center if you can help it, as stabbing from your left or right side will give you more power."

"Alright, practice these basic techniques and continue your exercise regime for the next week or so. Then, come find me again."

(OOC: I'm going to head to bed now, but I'll respond in the morning ^^)

Doing the exercise regime given to him with a little more ease then last time. He started practicing his stances and slashes in one of the empty open fields. At first he had a hard time adjusting with his schedule but it soon came all together. And, with his constant training he found he could switch between the slashes more easily and the week went by quickly.

Reentering his training spot, he repeated the same words he said last time "Hey Felicia, I'm back from the training."

OOC: Hope you get a great nights sleep. :blob_salute:

Last edited:

Feathers95

Doing the exercise regime given to him with a little more ease then last time. He started practicing his stances and slashes in one of the empty open fields. At first he had a hard time adjusting with his schedule but it soon came all together. And, with his constant training he found he could switch between the slashes more easily and the week went by quickly.

Reentering his training spot and repeated the same words he said last time "Hey Felicia, I'm back from the training."

OOC: Hope you get a great nights sleep. :blob_salute:
"Hello again Cassel. It seems that the training has improved your physique quite a bit, which I can see just from looking at you! It's good to see that you're not slacking off while I'm not there to watch you." Felicia smiled teasingly.

"Alright then, show me your swings! One horizontal, one vertical, one diagonal and one stab."

Silver

"Hello again Cassel. It seems that the training has improved your physique quite a bit, which I can see just from looking at you! It's good to see that you're not slacking off while I'm not there to watch you." Felicia smiled teasingly.

"Alright then, show me your swings! One horizontal, one vertical, one diagonal and one stab."

"Okay," Moving his sword out of it's stealth, he started to demonstrate his training moving from a horizontal slash to diagonal slash and to the vertical. He still couldn't shift to the stab properly so he took a little more time to do so. Him using his momentum to change to the other stances was something he was a little proud of though midway through he kinda realized it was kinda useless unless he missed.

Feathers95

"Okay," Moving his sword out of it's stealth, he started to demonstrate his training moving from a horizontal slash to diagonal slash and to the vertical. He still couldn't shift to the stab properly so he took a little more time to do so. Him using his momentum to change to the other stances was something he was a little proud of though midway through he kinda realized it was kinda useless unless he missed.
"Hmm, good enough! The main reason I wanted you to practice these different slashes was so that you could be confident no matter which direction the enemy attacked from. I think your vertical slash needs a bit more work, but otherwise, this is great progress, well done."

"Also, a direct stab is indeed the most difficult to master in my opinion, since you need to move your blade perfectly straight without veering for the best results, so don't worry too much and just keep practising it. Your ability to shift momentum quickly will be useful too, it'll help you adjust to sudden situations during a battle."

"Alright then! Let's start on footwork. To be honest, what you should aim for in every battle is to not parry, but to dodge. You don't want your sword to break in the middle of a battle do you? By altering your stance and bending slightly, you can dodge a large variety of attacks some may not think possible."

"Try striking at me, using your improved technique, and watch my feet."

Silver

"Hmm, good enough! The main reason I wanted you to practice these different slashes was so that you could be confident no matter which direction the enemy attacked from. I think your vertical slash needs a bit more work, but otherwise, this is great progress, well done."

"Also, a direct stab is indeed the most difficult to master in my opinion, since you need to move your blade perfectly straight without veering for the best results, so don't worry too much and just keep practising it. Your ability to shift momentum quickly will be useful too, it'll help you adjust to sudden situations during a battle."

"Alright then! Let's start on footwork. To be honest, what you should aim for in every battle is to not parry, but to dodge. You don't want your sword to break in the middle of a battle do you? By altering your stance and bending slightly, you can dodge a large variety of attacks some may not think possible."

"Try striking at me, using your improved technique, and watch my feet."

Shifting to a ready stance he said "Here I go!" and attacked her. Compared to last time his attacks were a lot smoother but what he didn't realize was that because he was using his momentum all of his moves became very telegraphed. Since he was falling into a habit of using the same moves in order over and over again.

Feathers95

Shifting to a ready stance he said "Here I go!" and attacked her. Compared to last time his attacks were a lot smoother but what he didn't realize was that because he was using his momentum all of his moves became very telegraphed. Since he was falling into a habit of using the same moves in order over and over again.
As he struck, Felicia minimized her movements, only shifting her feet slightly, pivoting and bending to avoid the attacks.

"Hmm, I can see where you're going to strike from a mile away. It seems your technique still needs some work, but we'll worry about that later. Just remember to practice switching between different slashes, rather than using them in order every time. At least, I'm glad the moves you are using are strong and precise, using your momentum to shift."

"But, did you see how I moved to dodge your attacks? It is crucial to learn footwork before going out and battling with a sword by yourself."

"Now, I will strike at you. Don't worry, I'll go slow, watch the direction of the blade and shift yourself accordingly."

Silver

As he struck, Felicia minimized her movements, only shifting her feet slightly, pivoting and bending to avoid the attacks.

"Hmm, I can see where you're going to strike from a mile away. It seems your technique still needs some work, but we'll worry about that later. Just remember to practice switching between different slashes, rather than using them in order every time. At least, I'm glad the moves you are using are strong and precise, using your momentum to shift."

"But, did you see how I moved to dodge your attacks? It is crucial to learn footwork before going out and battling with a sword by yourself."

"Now, I will strike at you. Don't worry, I'll go slow, watch the direction of the blade and shift yourself accordingly."

Remembering the movements that Felicia did before. He knew he couldn't do even with her 'slow slashes'. So instead he copied her footwork and just added one minor adjustment, instead of dodging all of the hits, he used his sword to cover his mistakes.

Feathers95

Remembering the movements that Felicia did before. He knew he couldn't do even with her 'slow slashes'. So instead he copied her footwork and just added one minor adjustment, instead of dodging all of the hits, he used his sword to cover his mistakes.
"Good, you adjusted well to cover your weaknesses. It will take time to adjust to using better footwork in battle, but you must practice it enough that it becomes second nature to you, similar to your stances."

"Alright, practice your footwork some more with me swinging at you, and then we'll finish our session here for today. Next week, we'll have a little duel to consolidate everything that I've taught you. I am no master at wielding a sword, hence I cannot teach you anything more after that."

Silver

"Good, you adjusted well to cover your weaknesses. It will take time to adjust to using better footwork in battle, but you must practice it enough that it becomes second nature to you, similar to your stances."

"Alright, practice your footwork some more with me swinging at you, and then we'll finish our session here for today. Next week, we'll have a little duel to consolidate everything that I've taught you. I am no master at wielding a sword, hence I cannot teach you anything more after that."

After finishing his practice session with Felicia. He started to practice his sword and footwork. While he did agree not getting hit was better then getting hit and flanked. He noticed something while his practice with Felicia. There sometimes be a small gap after he clashed with Felicia with his sword a certain angle. He couldn't take advantage of it since Felicia always had shifted back to her ready stance at the end of it. But, maybe if he practiced with that in mind.

So he called in a favor. Asking one of the guards he traded shifts in his night watch days to help him train. He refined his combat style over the week and all he owed him was a couple of shifts guarding the night.

Returning to the spot Felicia had arranged him to go to he said, "I'm back Felicia,"

Feathers95

After finishing his practice session with Felicia. He started to practice his sword and footwork. While he did agree not getting hit was better then getting hit and flanked. He noticed something while his practice with Felicia. There sometimes be a small gap after he clashed with Felicia with his sword a certain angle. He couldn't take advantage of it since Felicia always had shifted back to her ready stance at the end of it. But, maybe if he practiced with that in mind.

So he called in a favor. Asking one of the guards he traded shifts in his night watch days to help him train. He refined his combat style over the week and all he owed him was a couple of shifts guarding the night.

Returning to the spot Felicia had arranged him to go to he said, "I'm back Felicia,"
"Alright, then show me what you've learnt!" Felicia smiled, feeling quite proud of the student she had nurtured over these past two months. Calmly, she unsheathed her sword and entered her ready stance.

Silver

"Alright, then show me what you've learnt!" Felicia smiled, feeling quite proud of the student she had nurtured over these past two months. Calmly, she unsheathed her sword and entered her ready stance.

Lifting his sword, he entered into a ready stance. Moving that into a vertical slash, he tried to enter a clashing situation. Over his time sparing with the guard he realized that Felicia swordsmanship light and agile didn't have as much power as a invested strike which was why she could move so easily between stances.

But, now with clashing he would force her to either reveal bit of her swordsmanship he hadn't seen before or reveal a gap for him to take advantage of.

Feathers95

Lifting his sword, he entered into a ready stance. Moving that into a vertical slash, he tried to enter a clashing situation. Over his time sparing with the guard he realized that Felicia swordsmanship light and agile didn't have as much power as a invested strike which was why she could move so easily between stances.

But, now with clashing he would force her to either reveal bit of her swordsmanship he hadn't seen before or reveal a gap for him to take advantage of.
Felicia frowned slightly as she watched Cassel try and enter a clashing situation with her. Although it pleased her to see that he was taking the initiative to form his own style of swordsmanship, the main reason why she wanted him to avoid direct confrontation was because...

With a loud clang, part of Cassel's rusty old sword broke off and fell to the floor as their swords collided.

...of this.

"Cassel, my silver sword is enchanted, meaning it holds a lot more power than an ordinary sword. Not to mention that your blade was rusty, there was no way your sword would've been able to hold against mine. This is why I wanted you to focus more on dodging rather than blocking with your sword."

Silver

Felicia frowned slightly as she watched Cassel try and enter a clashing situation with her. Although it pleased her to see that he was taking the initiative to form his own style of swordsmanship, the main reason why she wanted him to avoid direct confrontation was because...

With a loud clang, part of Cassel's rusty old sword broke off and fell to the floor as their swords collided.

...of this.

"Cassel, my silver sword is enchanted, meaning it holds a lot more power than an ordinary sword. Not to mention that your blade was rusty, there was no way your sword would've been able to hold against mine. This is why I wanted you to focus more on dodging rather than blocking with your sword."
Blankly looking at his own sword he said "Whelp...yeah, I don't know what to say. I guess we're calling it a day? Man that was anti climatic."

Feathers95

Blankly looking at his own sword he said "Whelp...yeah, I don't know what to say. I guess we're calling it a day? Man that was anti climatic."
"Well, yeah, I suppose so. Sorry for breaking your sword though, here's 25G, which is half of what you'd need to purchase a proper iron sword from Flames of War." She responded after pondering a little, whilst passing him a small pouch of gold from her pocket.

"I do not have anything left to teach you, as I'm still learning swordsmanship myself, so our lessons are now over. If you want to have a duel with me anyway sometime, just to test yourself, just let me know in the tavern or something."

"Otherwise, take care out there! Try not to overestimate yourself, start off with training dummies, giant rats and other lower levelled creatures." With that, she waved him farewell. These past couple of months were quite fun, maybe another time she'd look for a new student to take on.

Silver

"Well, yeah, I suppose so. Sorry for breaking your sword though, here's 25G, which is half of what you'd need to purchase a proper iron sword from Flames of War." She responded after pondering a little, whilst passing him a small pouch of gold from her pocket.

"I do not have anything left to teach you, as I'm still learning swordsmanship myself, so our lessons are now over. If you want to have a duel with me anyway sometime, just to test yourself, just let me know in the tavern or something."

"Otherwise, take care out there! Try not to overestimate yourself, start off with training dummies, giant rats and other lower levelled creatures." With that, she waved him farewell. These past couple of months were quite fun, maybe another time she'd look for a new student to take on.
Shaking his head, he rejected her offer "No, it's fine. Just the recommendation itself was enough."

Forcing his blank stare into a smile, he laughed, "Can't have people saying I took 25 gold from my teacher for a 10 gold lesson and a broken rusted sword after all. I still have some pride to keep. Don't worry about the sword, I picked it out during one of my walks around town. And, I'm not short in money either I'm friends with a guard after all."

Tossing back the gold and the remaining five he owed her from last time into her waving hands. He fled the scene before she could react. Now that he was far enough, he turned around and shouted back at her with a grin "Don't worry, I'll be back for more lessons later. You can just teach me extra if you still feeling bad about that rust sword."

Miku

The Wrong Way to Learn Magic (OPEN)

"Mana manipulation, huh...?" She muttered.

The book in her hand is titled Elemental Basics Tome. With the newly bought wooden staff on her left hand, the book on the right hand, and robe covering her body, all she needed was to have the wizard hat to complete it. And she has 140G less because of this purchase. Still, after reading it from cover to cover, she had found out that she could not understand it at all. While the book taught her on how to do spells, without the ability to first sense mana, it would be impossible to do so.

First thing first, she needed to find out how to sense the mana. One entry in the book said that she could try to ingest the mana potions or other materials dense with mana. Though, too much of doing something like this and she would have risked the demonification phenomenon to happen to her.

Where would I be able to get a mana crystal, anyway?

Since she doesn't have any leads, she decided to post a quest on the quest board.

Title: Wanted - Teacher
Sponsor: Lib
Location: Anywhere is fine, just contact me through the board.
Required Level: -
Objectives:

1. Teach me how to learn magic and sense mana?

Description: I need to learn how to sense mana. I have Elemental Basics Tome and would like for someone to teach me to go through it for the early chapter.
Rewards:
  • EXP:
  • Money: 100

Last edited:

Moshi

Absolutely!

Baihua's Shrine (Closed | Okarin, Baihua)

"See you tomorrow then!"

After parting with Okarin, Baihua went back to the inn he was staying in - one which was ironically named "The White Fox". Although he had a perfectly comfortable den in the north forest, it was more efficient to stay inside the city when he had business there.

Going to his room, he started packing. Food, water, some tents, gifts - it was basically a pilgrimage after all, so he had to be prepared. By the time he was satisfied with his preparations, it was already sunset. Baihua went to sleep, anticipating the next day.

---

Baihua got up early the next morning, and went to wait by the gate for his companion. As he saw the slimeperson approach, he called out to them. "You ready?"

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
The Wrong Way to Learn Magic (Open | @Miku @Yiphen )
Title: Wanted - Teacher
Sponsor: Lib
Location: Anywhere is fine, just contact me through the board.
Required Level: -
Objectives:

1. Teach me how to learn magic and sense mana?

Description: I need to learn how to sense mana. I have Elemental Basics Tome and would like for someone to teach me to go through it for the early chapter.
Rewards:
  • EXP:
  • Money: 100
Ghost:

I drift closer to the request, squinting at it while conflicted over what to do. Does she need a mana crystal? I have a mana crystal. But... It's my mana crystal.
Well, I guess I'm at least interested. I nag Celia to leave a message for the sponsor saying, "I can provide a crystal, but please let me know more about what you need it for."

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Baihua's Shrine (Closed | @Okarin, @Baihua)

"See you tomorrow then!"

After parting with Okarin, Baihua went back to the inn he was staying in - one which was ironically named "The White Fox". Although he had a perfectly comfortable den in the north forest, it was more efficient to stay inside the city when he had business there.

Going to his room, he started packing. Food, water, some tents, gifts - it was basically a pilgrimage after all, so he had to be prepared. By the time he was satisfied with his preparations, it was already sunset. Baihua went to sleep, anticipating the next day.

---

Baihua got up early the next morning, and went to wait by the gate for his companion. As he saw the slimeperson approach, he called out to them. "You ready?"
Baihua's Shrine (Closed | @Okarin, @Baihua)

Okarin ran over with a large green slime in their arms.

"I am! I hope you don't mind if I bring—"

The slimeperson hesitated for a second. In that moment, they suddenly realized that had never given a name to Green Slime, and Okarin wasn't sure how to describe the healing slime to the fox person. Names weren't really a big thing in slime society. Green Slime was just... Green Slime in Okarin's head, but that was hardly a name by human standards.

"—this slime?"

Okarin had a quizzical tone of voice.

Today, Okarin had approximately the height of a 12-year-old human. They had spent much of their mass on a recent quest, and much of it had not recovered yet. It would still take many more days before they recovered to their full size.

Truthfully, Okarin felt slightly bashful. They were much shorter than the time they had first met Baihua.

When the two of them started walking together, Okarin spoke up.

"Um... about that night when we met..."

Their voice trailed off...

Miku

The Wrong Way to Learn Magic (Open | @Miku @Yiphen )

Ghost:

I drift closer to the request, squinting at it while conflicted over what to do. Like, she's asking for someone with a mana crystal, and I have a mana crystal. But... It's my mana crystal.
Well, I guess I'm at least interested. I nag Celia to leave a message for the sponsor saying, "I can provide a crystal, but please let me know more about what you need it for."
"Huh, someone had replied to my quest?" Lib asked, surprised.

"Yes, Miss Lib, the person inquired about what you need the mana crystal for." The clerk informed.

"Mana crystal... Mana crystal... Why would I need mana crystal?" She muttered.

'Though, no matter what kind of reagent, without a teacher to control the amount of mana ingested, it would result in a high chance of demonification, right? Right, the book said so' Lib thought.

"Could I put a note saying that I am interested but not right now?" I asked the receptionist.

"Certainly. That would be 3G." She said.

"Here. Still, there is no one that could teach me so far..."

With that, I left the receptionist to continue my quest.