Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Library

GM

- | Registration | Quest Board | Reception Desk | Freestyle RP | Tavern | Market | Library (Web) | OOC Room | -
Adventurer's Guild - Library
+ + +
Introduction

Oh hello~ How did you find your way into the storage room? Please don't mind the boxes of documents.​
This is the temporary Guild Library, which otherwise serves as a world-building thread. Here, we parse through quest reports submitted by adventurers for noteworthy information. We summarize our research into memos, which are brief paragraphs on a topic.​

The world of Tonia is brand new and largely unexplored. There are many undiscovered and unnamed monsters, locations, plants, and more! The Guild is highly interested in collecting information about this universe.​
Beware of the information you read — much of it is unverified and could be inaccurate!​

Rules

A. Additive World-Building Rule
  • Please only create content that adds to the world of Tonia.
  • Please avoid restrictive content that prevents other players from adding more to the world.
    • Good examples:
      • "Fulyiasa is a goddess who lives atop Mount Kumbaya."
      • "East of the City of Scribel, there is a town called Bethleham."
      • "Some goblins have green hair and red eyes."
      • "Silka is a talented alchemist in the City of Scribel."
      • "Some magicians rely on ley lines to power their magic."
    • Bad examples:
      • "Zoon is the only god in the world of Tonia."
      • "Kazaduum is the closest village 1 km east of Scribel."
      • "All goblins have green hair and red eyes."
      • "Barry is the best woodcutter in the City of Scribel."
      • "Magic in the World of Tonia requires mana that is summoned from ley lines."
B. Two References Rule
  • Please do not make up information without a source.
    • All new memos require sources from at least two unique players.
    • At least one source must come from a Quest Report.
  • Try your best to synthesize consensus information from multiple quest reports from different authors.
  • Make sure to quote your sources in your memo.
C. Wikipedia Rule
  • Avoid adding personal NPCs, backstories, and content to the Library.
  • Try to imagine if there might be a "Wikipedia" article on a subject before adding a memo to the Library.
    • An NPC article on the King of Poland would likely exist on Wikipedia.
    • An NPC article on Average Joe's dog who lives next door probably would not exist on Wikipedia.
D. Uncertainty Rule
  • Please write in a style that leaves a possibility for information to be wrong.
  • Please avoid absolutes and omniscient knowledge.
  • It is perfectly okay to say information is unknown or uncertain.
  • For conflicting information, attempt to synthesize both perspectives. Examples:
    • "It is disputed whether the Scribel City Sewers are flammable. Some adventurers claim the sewers are flammable, but others have used fire magic in the sewers without any issue."
    • "It is unclear what color Carn Flowers are. Some adventurers report seeing blue flowers, while others have reported yellow flowers."

Memo Entry Format

Memo Title: The title for the memo​
Memo Category: monsters, geography, etc. (see the website for recommended categories)​
Content: Write here!​
References: Quote your sources​

Updating and Modifying Content
  • Only one source is required to update an existing Library memo.
  • Locate an old entry on a topic and copy it (including the references).
  • Make a new post with any additions and new references.
  • In order to override content, your new information should have more references than the old content.

Library Salary
  • The guild is always eager to receive more memos, and there is a small reward for writing a memo.
  • For each memo you write, you can collect:
    • EXP: 25
    • Money: 10G

Last edited:

GM

Google Sites Contribution Guide
Introduction
The official reference for SHF Adventurer's Guild is hosted on Google Sites.​
Anybody can help edit / contribute to the website. Please help us out! We depend on volunteers to keep the website reference up-to-date!​
Please click here to help edit the Google Site. A Google account is required.​

Rules
  • Please do not create original content on the website.​
  • All content on the website should come from a library memo on the forums.​
  • Please write/update a forum memo before changing the website.​
  • It's okay to make typo / stylistic changes without needing to update the forum library memo.​

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Here is an example of a memo.

----------

Topic: Salmun
Category
: Wildlife

Salmun is a variety of fish found in the ocean near the City of Scribel. It is known for its vibrant purple colored flesh and is considered an exotic cuisine. This fish is thought to be rather violent in nature though too weak to do any damage to any respectable adventurer. Their danger reportedly comes from the schools they swim in which can overwhelm anyone unprepared.

It is sold in local restaurants in Scribel. Some people say that it tastes flavorful, refreshing, savory, albeit a tad chewy.

References:
I'm hungry for some seafood!
Sponsor
: Eustania
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Bring back a fresh Salmun from the nearby ocean.
Explanation: I've heard that this place has some nice exotic seafood nearby. I can't wait to try it out! Unfortunately, my cat is a bit under the weather, so I can't go by myself.
Quest Report:
Character: Ruk'muk (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 1)
Quest: I'm hungry for some seafood!

Ruk'muk stood by the edge of the ocean, his weight compacting the sand beneath his stony feet. Apparently, fish lived in the waves that stretched out to the horizon. Ruk'muk had never seen a fish before, but apparently humans ate them.

He stomped into the water, ignoring the powerful waves as they crashed against him. Eventually he made it up to a sandbar, where only his head peeked out of the water. He could feel things of all different kinds swimming around him, brushing by his body.

"Hmm... so this is fish!... But which one is Salmun?"

Realizing he didn't know what exact fish to find, he started grabbing things at random: eels, carp, tiny guppies, clumps of seaweed. He comes back to town with an armful of writhing sealife. Among them are two big Salmun.
It is a salmon variant known for their vibrant purple colored flesh rather than the more common pink of their cousins. This fish is known to be rather violent in nature though too weak to do any damage to any respectable adventurer. Their danger comes from the schools they swim in which can overwhelm anyone unprepared. They're quite flavorful, though a tad chewy. Many have said that their taste is "the perfect balance between savory and the saltiness of the sea".
1581819145714.png

I just saw this advertisement at a local restaurant. All I know is when it's cooked, it tastes awesome. If I had to describe the taste, I'd say it has a subtle refreshing taste, that makes it seem more like a mildly flavored meat than a seafood. Good thing @FriendlyDragon knows the finer details about the actual creature instead!

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Here's the one I'm updating.
Topic: Slimes
Category: Monsters (pests)

Slimes are a type of monster largely considered harmless, their appearance my vary but generally slimes are bulbous and contain within them a core, while this core has other uses such as in medicine, it is used in quests as verification of completion.

Other Notes:

• According to Vor Saknave, slimes are weak to fire magic. (Awaiting verification)
  • Slimes should be culled regularly to avoid infestations.

Slime Subjugation
Sponsor
: City of Scribel
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in the City of Scribel.
  • Bring back 10 slime cores.
Explanation:
Slimes are a pest in Scribel, and they end up in all sorts of weird places. While they aren’t exactly dangerous, they can slowly erode structures and damage buildings over time. They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff. Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!

Rewards:
  • EXP: 100
  • Money: 1G
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 0)
Quest: Slime Subsigation
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of defending the city of Scribel from the vicious nuisance of the slime horde. This quest was rated as a level one quest by the City. You have wronged me! These slimes must be at least level five! My beloved sword, Ludwig Von Stabtoven, was permanently scarred by the first slime I tried to engage in combat. Further, the slime was able to repel my attacks and inflicted grievous injury to my person. Not only that, but once I engaged the first slime, twenty others pounced upon me killing my compatriot, Rolf, who was only there to carry these "slime cores" you requested. If not for the timely assistance of a carriage returning to the city which ran over the slimes, I might have perished. I did retrieve twenty of these "slime cores" from dead slimes, but I hope that you will raise the difficulty of the quest for those unfortunate level one adventurers like myself in the future.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman
Quest Report

Character: Vor Saknave (Level 1)

Quest: Slime Subjugation.

Report:

After taking the quest from the Adventure Guild, I looked around the city looking for traces of corrupted ether. The mana quickly showed me the way to the sewers.

Due to my dark robe, I blended with the darkness and slowly made my way through the sewer. I found multiple demons: beastified rats, silver serpents, mutated maggots, etc... But I didn't engage with any of them as they weren't part of the quest.

After two hours, I finally found a nest of slimes. Seems like someone threw a bunch of corpses in here and these guys weren't one to say no to a feast. I'm not sure who these corpses were as they were naked and acidified. The guild might want to look further into this.

Either way, I threw fireballs at the slimes making sure not to hit the corpses(as they might prove useful later for investigation). The slimes were weak to fire magic and as such, it wasn't hard to kill them. My mana reserves did receive a toll though, I might need to bring some mana pots on later expeditions.

The ten slime cores are attached to the report.

@GM for evalution.

Last edited:

Moshi

Healing Herbs
Category:
Medicine

There are many varieties of herbs with healing properties.

Two known types are "twin-flowers" and "healing grass" (names to be determined).

Twin Flowers can be found in the forest north-east of Scribel. Although a single flower, they look like they have two smaller flowers coming out of the top. They SHOULD NOT be confused with tri-flowers, which are poisonous. Those have three smaller flowers coming out the top.

Healing Grass can be found in the forest north of Scribel. It looks like normal grass, but can be distinguished by it's mana, and it's slightly brighter green color. To be used effectively, it should be plucked with its roots intact.

Quest Report:
Character: TREE (Level 1) (EXP 50) (Money 0)
Quest Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Report: as i am about to leave the guild i see a notice on the board for going out of town to collect healing herbs. so i walk uo to the receptionist and ask what kind of herb that the would need
"certainly sir says as she looks at me you see will we need a lot of different type of healing herbs the one that is the most common is a small herbs that can be founds in Forrest to the north of town they look like a small flower with two white flower coming out of the tops. but make sure you only get the herbs with two flower if you get the ones that has 3 they are posionus. her is a bag for the herbs to go in.'
"thank you Mam i didn't event think i need something to put them in."
" that is ok sir now go and be safe and i hope to see you soon" she says as she wave goodbye.
i leave the guild and head toward the north gate out of town. so that i can go and collect the herbs for the guild. as i leave the town i see a lush landscape with a beautiful forest just slightly to the north east i start to walk that way.
as i enter the forest i see right away all the plants that are around me. thin i see a few of the twin flowers and tri-flower a little deeper into the forest. i spend the rest of the day staying i close as i can to the edge of the forest making sure that i dont get attack. As collect a few of the herbs to take back to town i get a round 20 of the twin headed flower and pick 10 or the tri-flower just to see if i can sell them back in town for some coins. as i was picking some of the tri-head flowers i put them in to my storage instead of the bag with the twin-flowers so that i dont contaminate the healing herbs after a few more hours i slowly make my way to to town a little tired and dirty
Quest Report:
Character: Ryzen [Level 1 (EXP 0)/Money: 0]
Quest: Healing Herbs
Report:
I needed to find a decently easy job that could net me some good coin when I stumbled upon this gathering quest. Since it was simply picking up some grass, this job was right up my alley.

After registering the quest at the reception, I headed out to the local apothecary. The notice didn't put any description for the herb at all; no picture or location whatsoever. Luckily the lady that managed the apothecary was kind enough to share some information regarding the healing herb since she uses it the most.

It was a special kind of herb that grows in the outer region of a forest that was north of here. Apparently there were multiple kinds of healing herbs growing in that part of the forest.

But since the quest was looking for healing grass, then I'll only pick up healing grass.

It took me the entire day to gather the healing herbs which was definitely difficult to distinguish from normal grass. Fortunately, the apothecary advised to look for a brighter green color and had a wisp of mana when [Mana Sense] was used. Nonetheless, it was still a tiresome task since I had to carefully pluck the grass with its roots still intact. Otherwise, the quality of the healing herb will reduce and the healing property would go down in efficiency.

Hopefully I get a bonus reward for going the extra mile...

Yorth

Swordman
Memo Title: Mana potions
Memo Category: Consumables
Content:
Potions that can recover your mana. It is still not known how exactly effective they are or from where you buy them (though it's assumed to be the apothecary), but it is known that it cost 3G for a pack of ten.
References:
Spoiler: Quest

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 2)
Quest: Night Watch

Report:

As the one who reported the emergency to the guild, I felt compelled to check the veracity of the information. After leveling up, I felt a gush of strength rush through my body. I became faster, stronger, and more importantly, had better control over my mana. I was now able to control the path of my fireballs, ever so slightly. My mana reserves were also slightly bigger.

After stocking up on mana potions which cost me 3 G for a pack of ten, I took the quest and headed for the bandit settlement at dawn. I had already talked with Frank the previous night and got directions from him. He seemed happy with his new home as the guards offered food and safety.

I reached the place Frank directed me to, but frankly, even without direction, I would have known that I did. What I saw was horrifying. Acres of forest and trees were melted into a green mush while the slime continued crawling slowly in every direction. The only thing that stayed of the settlement were undistinguishable runes covered with green mush.

After looking at their movements for two hours from a safe distance, I concluded that the city wasn't their immediate target. In fact, they didn't seem to have a target at all. They just kept spreading in every direction, trying to cover as much land as possible. It seems that they were scouting for something or someone. Either way, this bought us much needed time to prepare.

kilnareth

Topic: Demonification
Category
: Worldly Phenomenon

Demonification is the process of a living being that had a burst of mana overflowing their core which would result in increased strength, mana capacity, and overall power in exchange for sanity. The being would be in a self-induced hunger for mana and would consume anything that had any resemblance of mana to the point of eating raw mana crystals.

Other Notes:
  • Demons usually have red eyes.
  • They are animalistic in nature; be it human or beast. No reason will ever go through a demon as it had already lost and abandoned all of it when it transformed.

After picking up the quest from the reception desk, I headed toward the northern forest where Brightweed could be found. I had thought that since the basic flora around the outer region had hints of mana, I had wondered how it would affect the fauna. From my observations between morning up until the sun was at its peak, I have found that Brightweed is more abundant the more one ventured deeper into the forest. Not only that, beasts that could manipulate mana can be seen in what I would assume the inner region of the forest. Luckily I was able to buy some materials to map out the area so I wouldn't get lost, and was hoping that this would catch me a high price if I sell it.

But as I was about to conclude my observations and end the day, I made a shocking discovery. It was a magical beast that looked like a large boar with dark brown fur, a white mane and large tusks that could pierce a whole man through. It's gaze and aura was feral, unlike the usual magical beasts I've encountered, but more importantly was the fluctuation of mana around the boar. It was erratic and violent as it grew rapidly with no signs of stopping while it gorged itself upon the carcass of a tiger-like magical beast. I thought that with my concealing abilities that I would be undetected but the moment I had laid eyes on the feral beast, it sensed it and turned its head towards me.

I've seen my fair share of danger, but looking at the boar's demonic red eyes sent chills down my spine. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of how I escaped but what you need to know is that this... 'thing' can easily topple down trees as if they were saplings and can manipulate the earth element to defend and attack. I managed to lure it away from Scribel but in exchange, I had a broken arm and an exhausted mana core.

I've read of a phenomenon called 'demonification' from an ancient tome that I had read previously, and based on what I read, that was definitely a demonized boar. I will make an entry in the Library regarding this phenomenon so that others will know.

But please... for the sake of our adventurers... do not enter the inner region of the northern forest.

FenrIIrz

Memo Title: Paperwork
Memo Category: undefined
Paperwork exists in every office and appears to be torturing humankind with mental damages as they multiply themselves so the captive cannot escape from the responsibility. Their full capability is unknown and they have already came to Tonia.
References:
Quest Report (1)
Name
: Felicia El Freliti
Level: 1 (0 EXP)
Quest: Office Work
Evaluation:
  • 76 quest reports assessed
  • 182 files filtered into appropriate categories
  • 43 evaluations written
After recently going through some more... extreme events, I decided to apply for a quest that would allow me to stay indoors a bit and relax.

God was that a mistake.

No wonder they allowed level 1 adventurers into the city guild, the whole place was pure chaos! Papers were strewn about absolutely everywhere, with barely any space to walk. Ink, pens and quills were strewn randomly around the room, with workers scribbling away at the speed of light onto the records beneath their feet. The few clerks in the office were scurrying about precariously holding onto stacks of documents as tall as themselves! I knew as soon as I entered that I had made a grave mistake.

As soon as they saw me they dragged me in with gleeful sparkles in their eyes...

When they said the guild was understaffed, they weren't joking. From dawn till dusk that day, all I could see was paper and ink... over and over again until I fainted and got kicked out of the room sometime after midnight. Well, luckily I was only an office worker for one day... haha... My arms are still sore...
Dear Fellow Adventurers,

I made a mistake even I knew it is a death sentence at the moment I pick up this request but this deed will not go in vain as I will sacrifice myself for a better future. The instant I sat down in the office, I got buried under 6 feet tall of paperwork. As I almost finish my job, the staff came into the room and give me more paperwork! I was going to complain to him but another staff comes in and places more paper on my table. I'm believed that this is a scheme by the bandit group I escaped to assassinate me with paperwork. I swore that I have seen paperwork pop up out of nowhere or begin the multiply themselves!

I've finished my job for today. I pray to all pure souls that have read this message will not take the same path as me.

Sincerely,
Sil Fulgur

Last edited:

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Memo Title: Mana
Memo Category: Worldly Phenomenon
Content: Mana seems to be one of the types of energy that emanates throughout the world. It seems that though usually, it's intangible and most people can't seem to interact with it. Those that have been trained seem to be able to use it to casts spells, and those with special senses can even see or smell it. It seems to appear green when using mana sense on the healing grass. Unsure if all magical plants contain the green color or if it is unique to the healing grass.
References:
Quest Report

Character: Vor Saknave (Level 1)

Quest: Slime Subjugation.

Report:

After taking the quest from the Adventure Guild, I looked around the city looking for traces of corrupted ether. The mana quickly showed me the way to the sewers.

Due to my dark robe, I blended with the darkness and slowly made my way through the sewer. I found multiple demons: beastified rats, silver serpents, mutated maggots, etc... But I didn't engage with any of them as they weren't part of the quest.

After two hours, I finally found a nest of slimes. Seems like someone threw a bunch of corpses in here and these guys weren't one to say no to a feast. I'm not sure who these corpses were as they were naked and acidified. The guild might want to look further into this.

Either way, I threw fireballs at the slimes making sure not to hit the corpses(as they might prove useful later for investigation). The slimes were weak to fire magic and as such, it wasn't hard to kill them. My mana reserves did receive a toll though, I might need to bring some mana pots on later expeditions.

The ten slime cores are attached to the report.

@GM for evalution.
Quest Report:
Report:
I needed to find a decently easy job that could net me some good coin when I stumbled upon this gathering quest. Since it was simply picking up some grass, this job was right up my alley.

After registering the quest at the reception, I headed out to the local apothecary. The notice didn't put any description for the herb at all; no picture or location whatsoever. Luckily the lady that managed the apothecary was kind enough to share some information regarding the healing herb since she uses it the most.

It was a special kind of herb that grows in the outer region of a forest that was north of here. Apparently there were multiple kinds of healing herbs growing in that part of the forest.

But since the quest was looking for healing grass, then I'll only pick up healing grass.

It took me the entire day to gather the healing herbs which was definitely difficult to distinguish from normal grass. Fortunately, the apothecary advised to look for a brighter green color and had a wisp of mana when [Mana Sense] was used. Nonetheless, it was still a tiresome task since I had to carefully pluck the grass with its roots still intact. Otherwise, the quality of the healing herb will reduce and the healing property would go down in efficiency.

Quest Report
----------------
The forest I was searching through had gotten pretty thick, so I shifted into my fox form in order to move easier. As I was making my way through, I smelled some soothing mana - as a fox spirit, I was sensitive to it. I followed the smell to a small clearing, where the smell originated.

Transforming back into my human form, I took out a piece of paper that detailed what I was supposed to look for. Yup, this is the healing grass alright. I started digging the grass up, since plucking them would damage their roots.

I wondered how effective the grass actually was. I decided to test it on the arm I had used to kill the slimes. My ability to form shift was mostly limited to cosmetics; my healing ability was pretty much the same as a normal person.

I chewed it up to make a poultice, then spread it on my arm. It was bitter, but it seemed to work; I felt a cooling sensation where I applied it, and soon I could feel my arm had healed.

Looking around I also saw some of the twin flowers around. There weren't any of the poisonous tri-flowers. Maybe there was something about this location that made the healing plants grow? The soothing mana permeated the entire clearing. I made a note of the location - it'd be nice to come back here and just relax.

But I digress. In any case, there were a lot of the healing herbs. I got more than enough of the healing grass, and a couple twin-flowers as well.

I returned to the guild to present my haul (of course, I kept some for myself :)

- Baihua
Gathered: 1kg healing grass, 1/2 kg twin flowers
----------------

kilnareth

*Updating the name of Healing Grass to Brightweed.

Healing Herbs
Category:
Medicine

Two known types are "twin-flowers" and "healing grass" (names to be determined).

Twin Flowers can be found in the forest north-east of Scribel. Although a single flower, they look like they have two smaller flowers coming out of the top. They SHOULD NOT be confused with tri-flowers, which are poisonous. Those have three smaller flowers coming out the top.

Brightweed can be found in the forest north of Scribel. It looks like normal grass, but can be distinguished by it's mana, and it's slightly brighter green color. To be used effectively, it should be plucked with its roots intact.

References:
Quest Report:
Report:

Healing Herbs
Category:
Medicine

Healing Grass can be found in the forest north of Scribel. It looks like normal grass, but can be distinguished by it's mana, and it's slightly brighter green color. To be used effectively, it should be plucked with its roots intact.

GM

Memo Title: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Memo Category: Organization
Content:

The Scribel City Adventurer's Guild is a branch of the Adventurer's Guild. It primarily functions as a mercenary employment agency that connects random people with random job openings. It also has a close relationship with the Scribel City Government, and it is responsible for keeping law and order in the surrounding area.

The guild is notoriously understaffed in numerous departments. Numerous adventurers have reported that working for the city guild is a horrific undertaking, with piles of paperwork and endless amounts of exhaustion. There are rumors of poor working conditions, underpaid employees, and heartless unsympathetic receptionists.

References:
The Adventurer's Guild is a mercenary employment agency that connects random people with random odd job openings. Since this is a fantasy universe, the surrounding setting is filled with monsters and other dangers. Currently, the governing body of Scribel has chosen to rely on adventurers to keep law and order rather than establishing a standing military (to save costs).
Scribel City Guild Quests
These quests are sponsored by the Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
It was disheartening to see the list of quests available. Not only were there no tasks appropriate for a priestess, but the payment was also painfully low.

On the other hand, they weren't particularly troublesome for the most part, though I wonder how harmless are the slimes of this world to make killing 10 of them worth barely enough to live one day... Back home a slime was something terrifying enough to make people evacuate entire villages when they approached.

I suppose it's a good thing that they aren't very dangerous though, it might mean this world is more peaceful than mine, which is always a good thing.

Nonetheless, I had to make a living somehow, so I took this task that seemed fairly simple and went to the tavern to see what help might be needed.

Once I entered the place, I instantly felt the disgusting smell of alcohol fill the air... Moreover, there was something else that smelled horrible in here... Is that a man puking? Oh, goddess, that is definitely a man puking on the ground... This really is not a place befitting of a priestess.

Taking a deep breath, I moved towards the counter to see with the bartender if he could tell me what were the details of my job... Once I got close however, I started to notice he was a bit too big, his body must be easily over 2m tall, maybe 2.50m even, not to mention his extremely bulky body... Is this really the standard of a barkeeper? Why would they need such big physique for such a job? I hope it's not to fight troublemakers within the establishment, it would be considerably troublesome if this was such a common occurrence to the point someone this strong is needed in here... I'd prefer to go through this day peacefully.

I was already regretting my decision of coming here, but it was still important to finish the task, it would do no good to blemish the name of the goddess by failing to fulfill the duties I have taken.

With my mind made up, I slowly approached the counter and once again noticed how out of the norm his build was, if the temple had someone like this around, then there is no way those people would have dared to attack it... No, stop thinking about this kind of thing, Nene, it's pointless to worry about the past now.

I took a deep breath and called the attention of the Barkeeper, "Excuse me, who could I speak with in order to clear the task of working as a maid for a day within the tavern?"

He slowly turned around to look at me, and when he did... I saw an Orc. A terrifying Orc was cleaning a mug behind the counter of a tavern.... My surprise was such that I jumped backwards and fell on the ground while making an embarrassing yell... That was a terrible start.

The Orc however, just laughed, and so did the other patrons at the establishment, which ruined any remaining dignity I had in me... Once the monster behind the counter stopped laughing though, he gave me a gentle smile and said, "No worries, happens to almost everyone in their first time." It made me feel slightly better that I wasn't the only one that had this reaction at least... Regardless, the Orc continued, "I'm Pierre, you?" And that was the most un-Orc-like name I ever heard of... Weren't them usually named with extremely brutal names that are hard to even pronounce?

It was none of my business I suppose... I slowly got up while brushing of the dust of my robes before replying, "Nene."

"Well Nene, you just need to go to the kitchen, get an apron and a mop and start working! What we don't lack are places to clean here!" He said with a proud tone... That's disgusting. "Hey, don't look at me like that, we're understaffed after the last maid quit after giving birth, so we're really in need of some helping hands." I see... At least he is aware that the tavern is supposed to be kept clean then.

I answered him cleanly, "Very well, I'll see what I can do." and then entered the door to the kitchen... Which was a mess. How do people even cook inside here? Won't the clients get sick if they eat food cooked in this kind of place?

I heaved a deep sigh, it seems like today will be a long long day... And all this will only pay me enough to eat for one day? This is quite the extortion, don't the gods of this world teach how to respect the work of others?

Well, nothing will get done if I just lament the condition of the surroundings though, so let's get started... I asked around for an apron, a mop, a clean rag and a bucket of water, and the people inside were glad to give those to me, though the "clean" rag was not nearly clean enough.

After thoroughly washing the rag until it was in acceptable conditions, I started cleaning the kitchen's floor, though it was a slow process as I had to dodge the cooks that were working on a clearly hectic schedule. Once that was done, I started helping with cleaning a few of the apparatus that weren't being used, though I never had the chance of cleaning the ovens as those always had at least one cook needing them... A pity.

Next was to clean the dishes which were piled on top of one another, they had already ran out of clean dishes and were just quickly scrubbing the dirty ones in order to reuse them... That is just asking to get their patrons sick, dear goddess, those people are hopeless... Or rather, whoever thought it was better to pay a misery for someone to clean up the place for them every now and then is the hopeless one, they should be more aware of the harm they are bringing to the citizens of this town.

It took a few hours to finally be done with the dishes, because there was a constant influx of new dirty dishes to be washed that seemed to never stop coming... And once that was over, my back was in pain and my arms needed to rest... Alas, I didn't really have much time to slack, or more dirty dishes would soon flood the kitchen.

So in order to avoid getting tangled on that again, I took the mop and went to the part of the tavern that had the patrons, and then started cleaning the floor there... It was good to change positions a bit as that avoided the pain getting worse, but... Dear goddess, this place is absurdly dirty. I never imagined it was possible to have so much puke gathered together in one establishment, how do people still come here even with those conditions is beyond me.

Surprisingly though, it was actually easier to work in this area than it was in the kitchen, for the patrons actively helped me in getting any tableware or knocked out people out of the way and let me clean in peace. I suppose they were also bothered by the dirt... It's good to know that they have at least this much common sense, even if they don't have enough sense to not come to a place as dirty as this one in the first place.

When I finished this part, I hurried back to the kitchen to find... Yet another pile of dirty dishes waiting for me... Good grief.

By the time I was done with that one, it was already near sunset, so I gave them back the apron and the tools I used, ate something at the tavern (which went into Pierre's tab) and then went back to the guild to report a job well done... And also used the opportunity to file a complaint against whoever was the owner of the tavern as they clearly weren't promoting a safe environment for the workers nor the patrons that were within the establishment.
Quest Report (1)
Name
Level: 1 (0 EXP)
Quest: Office Work
Evaluation:
  • 76 quest reports assessed
  • 182 files filtered into appropriate categories
  • 43 evaluations written
After recently going through some more... extreme events, I decided to apply for a quest that would allow me to stay indoors a bit and relax.

God was that a mistake.

No wonder they allowed level 1 adventurers into the city guild, the whole place was pure chaos! Papers were strewn about absolutely everywhere, with barely any space to walk. Ink, pens and quills were strewn randomly around the room, with workers scribbling away at the speed of light onto the records beneath their feet. The few clerks in the office were scurrying about precariously holding onto stacks of documents as tall as themselves! I knew as soon as I entered that I had made a grave mistake.

As soon as they saw me they dragged me in with gleeful sparkles in their eyes...

When they said the guild was understaffed, they weren't joking. From dawn till dusk that day, all I could see was paper and ink... over and over again until I fainted and got kicked out of the room sometime after midnight. Well, luckily I was only an office worker for one day... haha... My arms are still sore...
Dear Fellow Adventurers,

I made a mistake even I knew it is a death sentence at the moment I pick up this request but this deed will not go in vain as I will sacrifice myself for a better future. The instant I sat down in the office, I got buried under 6 feet tall of paperwork. As I almost finish my job, the staff came into the room and give me more paperwork! I was going to complain to him but another staff comes in and places more paper on my table. I'm believed that this is a scheme by the bandit group I escaped to assassinate me with paperwork. I swore that I have seen paperwork pop up out of nowhere or begin the multiply themselves!

I've finished my job for today. I pray to all pure souls that have read this message will not take the same path as me.

Sincerely,
Sil Fulgur
If I knew gathering herbs was so easy, I never would've entered that wretched office of nightmares. I still remember the smile on that evil receptionist's face when she evaluated my report...

GM

Memo Title: North Forest (Official Name TBD)
Memo Category: Location
Content:

Many adventurers have explored a forest north of Scribel City.

Several species of monsters have been spotted, including: slimes, wolves, and goblins.

Healing Herbs can be found in the North Forest.

References:
Quest Report:
Character: TREE (Level 1) (EXP 50) (Money 0)
Quest Healing Herbs
Sponsor
Report: as i am about to leave the guild i see a notice on the board for going out of town to collect healing herbs. so i walk uo to the receptionist and ask what kind of herb that the would need
"certainly sir says as she looks at me you see will we need a lot of different type of healing herbs the one that is the most common is a small herbs that can be founds in Forrest to the north of town they look like a small flower with two white flower coming out of the tops. but make sure you only get the herbs with two flower if you get the ones that has 3 they are posionus. her is a bag for the herbs to go in.'
"thank you Mam i didn't event think i need something to put them in."
" that is ok sir now go and be safe and i hope to see you soon" she says as she wave goodbye.
i leave the guild and head toward the north gate out of town. so that i can go and collect the herbs for the guild. as i leave the town i see a lush landscape with a beautiful forest just slightly to the north east i start to walk that way.
as i enter the forest i see right away all the plants that are around me. thin i see a few of the twin flowers and tri-flower a little deeper into the forest. i spend the rest of the day staying i close as i can to the edge of the forest making sure that i dont get attack. As collect a few of the herbs to take back to town i get a round 20 of the twin headed flower and pick 10 or the tri-flower just to see if i can sell them back in town for some coins. as i was picking some of the tri-head flowers i put them in to my storage instead of the bag with the twin-flowers so that i dont contaminate the healing herbs after a few more hours i slowly make my way to to town a little tired and dirty
Quest Report:
Report:

Night Watch
Sponsor
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:

Quest Report

Character:
Vor Saknave (Level 1(110 Exp))
Quest: Night Watch

Report:

Due to the suspicious activities happening within the city, I chose a less daunting task this time to grind my levels. It seemed that guarding the city at night would be a safe and uneventful endeavor.

I was wrong.

By the middle of the night, a veiled man came screaming at the gates. He was wearing ragged clothes so we assumed that he was a bandit. The other guard nocked their bows while I was chanting my fireball spell. However, his scream for help stopped us dead in our tracks.

Following protocol, we reported to the guard in chief who ordered the opening of the backdoor. We let the man in and he told us the craziest story ever. He said that their leader had found a large slime nest deep in the woods. Knowing how easy slimes were to kill and how valuable were their cores, they decided to farm them for some quick gold.

Throughout the whole day, they kept farming. They killed slimes by the hundreds if not thousands. They knew that they struck it rich. By the end of the day, tired but still very excited, they came back to their settlement and partied for a bit. They drank booze like there was no tomorrow and had fun with the girls. After the party, they just dropped dead on the floor, too tired to even go back to their sleeping rooms.

What they didn't expect was for the slimes that they have been farming for the whole day to follow them back to the settlement. Once the man woke up, Frank was his name, he found his comrades being eaten by the slimes. He whipped out his blade and started slashing at them, but the more he killed the more came. In the end, he just ran away while screaming for the others to wake up. However, everyone was too drunk to do anything.

Once Frank ran away to safety, he looked back at the settlement and was horrified. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of slimes had covered it from every angle. The thing was green. Some parts of the buildings started falling down from the acidity. In the end, he just turned around and ran with all his might towards the city.

We asked him why he, out of all of the bandits, was able to stay sober even after the party. He said that he wasn't feeling too well that night and didn't drink much. His breath confirmed his story.

I'm not sure how much of what he said holds up, but I think that the guild should send a scouting party. A horde of ten thousand slimes like this guy said is gonna be tough to handle for anyone.

PS: The chief guard sent Frank to the city prison for now
I just came back from the North-East 2 miles away from the town. In the forest, there are two packs of wolves. . . just 3-5 members in each pack roaming around. I also spotted some goblins' tracks around the hill and riverbank, if we don't do something they might take in the wolf packs and train the riders. From the footprints I found, I estimated that this goblin has around 12 members hiding somewhere upstream.

Woods around there seems different from Scribel, It is stronger and more flexible than wood we used in construction. Maybe some carpenter will interest in this information.

On the return trip, I encountered a bunch decomposed corpses mostly animals and goblins that likely to be a work of the slimes. It looks like we have to take care of this problem sooner than expected.

gallantkun

Memo Title: Mana Glowstone (Official Name TBD)
Memo Category: Mineral
Content:

Oddly glowing rock containing a significant amount of mana.

A proficient mage can absorb the mana directly from the stone after a long meditation.

NOTE:

1. The mana glowstone was discovered on a riverbed near the town by an adventurer named Ryzen.

2. A map of the surface-level vein has been submitted by Lily.

3. Adventurer Nyx noted that the vein contains low graded mana glowstone.

Reference:

Name: Ryzen
Level: 1 (EXP: 70)
Report:

I was looking through the quest board to see if anything new popped up. I needed to stretch out my limbs after not working for two days and coincidentally I found this which piqued my interest.

I set out a day after I registered my name at the reception desk to prepare for the quest. I made my way to the location of the client and asked further details regarding this glow in the river. Apparently this started, or at least it was discovered by her kids, four days ago. There was no noticeable change around the riverbank after discovering the glow.

After getting all information needed from the client, I made my way to the river. There was certainly a faint glow if one squinted enough. I needed to get a closer look so I wore my enchanted boots that lets me walk on water. I arrived at the location of the glow and looked down at the riverbed to see if I could find what's causing it. Unfortunately the water was not too clear with the current of river not helping at all but from I could see multiple fish gathering around the glow.

Well... there was only one way to find out.

Did you know how hard it was to fight against the current while swimming downwards? It took me a few tries, with one of the attempts almost drowning me, but I eventually saw what was causing this phenomenon.

It was actually a couple of rocks that were jade white and emitted blinding glow. If I didn't use my [Mana Sense] to help my eyes, I would've been blinded. Strange enough, it seems like these stones had a fair amount of mana in them.

I picked up a total of seven glowstones from that venture. Maybe we could use this as an alternative light source?

What's strange was how did these light stones show up there? Further research might be needed but one conjecture I came up with is that maybe these stones might've been swept downstream. Maybe the source of these stones could be found further upstream?

P.S. Can I volunteer for the research team? Pretty please?

I ran away from the gate as soon as I arrived, running into a few people on my way. I didn't stick around to see if the gate was closed, nor did I want to. Regardless, I had to stop running at some point. Which, coincidentally, happened to be in front of a reception desk for an...adventurer's guild? Again? I decided to flash my card from my previous world, and asked if it was accepted. It, for some reason, was, even though this was the first time I even heard of this plane. Even stranger was that the receptionist understood my sylvan speech, which was my habitual language after all my time spent in the forest. Perhaps this world is just used to odd happenings like people from other worlds coming to this one? No matter, I was already used to odd happenings after my first week in proper society.

As such, I decided to calm down and assess my current state, one that was particularly alarming. On one hand I felt like I was more dexterous in this world, almost like there was less weight on my person. On the other hand, I couldn't feel any magic around me, nor was my Ki flowing. Luckily I still knew a bit of fighting thanks to learning about monk techniques, but that still left me mostly defenseless against people. As such, I decided that I had to research what was going on in this world to prevent me from using magic. In order to do that, I decided to look at the quests that were displayed on the quest board. Honestly, I'm glad that I got to experience an Adventurer's Guild before I had to leave my world behind. It made knowing what to do next here a lot simpler.

Anyway, I looked at the quest board and...I couldn't read a single one of the quests. As such, I grabbed one at random and brought it to the receptionist. They let me accept the quest even before I could ask them about what it said, so I guess I'm stuck on the quest. Luckily, they still gave me a brief rundown of what I had to do. Apparently there was a river south of the city that had glowing rocks in it, and I was to investigate it.

The rocks are blinding, and only with something called mana sense can you prevent that, from what I gathered. Was that just a Detect Magic spell? If so, at least I know magic is possible here, I just need to know how to use it. Which is why, by the time I got to the river, I was thoroughly exhausted and wanted to nap from trying to use detect magic the entire way there. I made little to no progress in figuring out how to use magic here, so I decided to rest by the river until night fall. Hana curled up on my lap and slept while I rested with a tree against my back. It wasn't much of a camp, but it was like many of the times I slept before.

By the time I woke up, it was night with a full moon ahead. Due to deciding to follow the Circle of the Moon for my druid studies, I felt especially relaxed tonight. Still, I could feel no magic around me. Perhaps I needed to find a different way of feeling magic? Sighing to myself, I looked at the glowing river. Yes, it was glowing. It's not terribly surprising, though, what with the glowstones in it. I walked up to the riverbed and decided to reach into the water and touch the glowstones. Part of the quest was to research them, and I really need to find out what makes them light up so that I can work on finding more of the stones.

As I touched the stone, I felt a slight, very slight tingle against my hand. It didn't feel like magic, certainly not the magic I knew. Still, it certainly was magic. Which means it was my best chance at figuring out how to use magic in this world. So, the best idea I had to sense the new magic was to break the stone open and try to sense its escape. Which, obviously, wasn't going to work due to the lack of a way to break the stone open.

Thinking for a bit, I decided to instead meditate for a bit to attempt to sense the mana inside the stone. I left Hana to guard me as I did. And, finally, I succeeded! However, it took several hours since it was already morning when I finished. What's more, I could still barely sense any magic around me. I could probably cast one spell every day right now, but it was better than nothing. Still, I could use magic again!

I was so ecstatic that I immediately used Detect Magic, hoisted Hana onto my shoulder, and dashed along the riverbed to find all of the different spots that the stone showed up at. Due to only having ten minutes to cast the spell, my results were limited. Still, finding ten different veins on the surface of the riverbed should be fine, right?

When I returned to the guild later on, I drew a small map to the best of my ability to mark where the veins were. I then retired back to the riverbed to find a forest to make a small home in. I'll grab my rewards tomorrow when they've successfully located the spots.

Quest Report | Nyx (level 2, 225/600)
-------------------------------------------

I went to the river that contained the glowstones and peered into the water. Although the attributes of the mana stones were slightly different from what I was used to, probably because it's a different world, they were still recognizably mana stones.

I'm not sure what's so exciting about it though; the mana stones there are pretty low quality - only about 20% to 30% grade. Well, it is the only source available, so I guess you guys have to make do.

To mine the stones out, I created a couple golems. Since I didn't have any high grade stones, I had to make do with directly controlling them.

It was slow to take only the mana stone, so I just mined out a whole chunk of the riverbed and sorted it later. It's probably fine.

The quest never specified the quality of the glowstone, but since it was a low grade vein, I assumed they just needed a bag of low grade mana stone. Honestly, you guys are overpaying me for this stuff, but I guess it's the law of supply and demand.

After storing the sack of mana stone in my item ring, I headed back to report.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Memo Title: Pierre, the Bartender
Memo Category: People (Characters maybe? NPCs perhaps? Not sure what would fit it best)
Content:

Pierre is one of the bartenders that works on one of the taverns of Scribel. In particular, in the government-owned tavern that many adventurers live in.

He is an Orc around 2-2.5m tall and has an extremely bulky complexion that doesn't seem fitting for his job, though rather he is just naturally like that or if he needs such strength to keep troublemakers of the tavern in check is currently unknown.

He also seems to be fairly friendly and to have a good sense of humor and to take his job seriously... The way he behaves is quite mismatched with the common view of Orcs.

Trivia: It seems to be fairly common for people to be startled and/or terrified of him when they see him for the first time, though he doesn't seem to mind it too much, and instead just laugh it off.

References:
It was disheartening to see the list of quests available. Not only were there no tasks appropriate for a priestess, but the payment was also painfully low.

On the other hand, they weren't particularly troublesome for the most part, though I wonder how harmless are the slimes of this world to make killing 10 of them worth barely enough to live one day... Back home a slime was something terrifying enough to make people evacuate entire villages when they approached.

I suppose it's a good thing that they aren't very dangerous though, it might mean this world is more peaceful than mine, which is always a good thing.

Nonetheless, I had to make a living somehow, so I took this task that seemed fairly simple and went to the tavern to see what help might be needed.

Once I entered the place, I instantly felt the disgusting smell of alcohol fill the air... Moreover, there was something else that smelled horrible in here... Is that a man puking? Oh, goddess, that is definitely a man puking on the ground... This really is not a place befitting of a priestess.

Taking a deep breath, I moved towards the counter to see with the bartender if he could tell me what were the details of my job... Once I got close however, I started to notice he was a bit too big, his body must be easily over 2m tall, maybe 2.50m even, not to mention his extremely bulky body... Is this really the standard of a barkeeper? Why would they need such big physique for such a job? I hope it's not to fight troublemakers within the establishment, it would be considerably troublesome if this was such a common occurrence to the point someone this strong is needed in here... I'd prefer to go through this day peacefully.

I was already regretting my decision of coming here, but it was still important to finish the task, it would do no good to blemish the name of the goddess by failing to fulfill the duties I have taken.

With my mind made up, I slowly approached the counter and once again noticed how out of the norm his build was, if the temple had someone like this around, then there is no way those people would have dared to attack it... No, stop thinking about this kind of thing, Nene, it's pointless to worry about the past now.

I took a deep breath and called the attention of the Barkeeper, "Excuse me, who could I speak with in order to clear the task of working as a maid for a day within the tavern?"

He slowly turned around to look at me, and when he did... I saw an Orc. A terrifying Orc was cleaning a mug behind the counter of a tavern.... My surprise was such that I jumped backwards and fell on the ground while making an embarrassing yell... That was a terrible start.

The Orc however, just laughed, and so did the other patrons at the establishment, which ruined any remaining dignity I had in me... Once the monster behind the counter stopped laughing though, he gave me a gentle smile and said, "No worries, happens to almost everyone in their first time." It made me feel slightly better that I wasn't the only one that had this reaction at least... Regardless, the Orc continued, "I'm Pierre, you?" And that was the most un-Orc-like name I ever heard of... Weren't them usually named with extremely brutal names that are hard to even pronounce?

It was none of my business I suppose... I slowly got up while brushing of the dust of my robes before replying, "Nene."

"Well Nene, you just need to go to the kitchen, get an apron and a mop and start working! What we don't lack are places to clean here!" He said with a proud tone... That's disgusting. "Hey, don't look at me like that, we're understaffed after the last maid quit after giving birth, so we're really in need of some helping hands." I see... At least he is aware that the tavern is supposed to be kept clean then.

I answered him cleanly, "Very well, I'll see what I can do." and then entered the door to the kitchen... Which was a mess. How do people even cook inside here? Won't the clients get sick if they eat food cooked in this kind of place?

I heaved a deep sigh, it seems like today will be a long long day... And all this will only pay me enough to eat for one day? This is quite the extortion, don't the gods of this world teach how to respect the work of others?

Well, nothing will get done if I just lament the condition of the surroundings though, so let's get started... I asked around for an apron, a mop, a clean rag and a bucket of water, and the people inside were glad to give those to me, though the "clean" rag was not nearly clean enough.

After thoroughly washing the rag until it was in acceptable conditions, I started cleaning the kitchen's floor, though it was a slow process as I had to dodge the cooks that were working on a clearly hectic schedule. Once that was done, I started helping with cleaning a few of the apparatus that weren't being used, though I never had the chance of cleaning the ovens as those always had at least one cook needing them... A pity.

Next was to clean the dishes which were piled on top of one another, they had already ran out of clean dishes and were just quickly scrubbing the dirty ones in order to reuse them... That is just asking to get their patrons sick, dear goddess, those people are hopeless... Or rather, whoever thought it was better to pay a misery for someone to clean up the place for them every now and then is the hopeless one, they should be more aware of the harm they are bringing to the citizens of this town.

It took a few hours to finally be done with the dishes, because there was a constant influx of new dirty dishes to be washed that seemed to never stop coming... And once that was over, my back was in pain and my arms needed to rest... Alas, I didn't really have much time to slack, or more dirty dishes would soon flood the kitchen.

So in order to avoid getting tangled on that again, I took the mop and went to the part of the tavern that had the patrons, and then started cleaning the floor there... It was good to change positions a bit as that avoided the pain getting worse, but... Dear goddess, this place is absurdly dirty. I never imagined it was possible to have so much puke gathered together in one establishment, how do people still come here even with those conditions is beyond me.

Surprisingly though, it was actually easier to work in this area than it was in the kitchen, for the patrons actively helped me in getting any tableware or knocked out people out of the way and let me clean in peace. I suppose they were also bothered by the dirt... It's good to know that they have at least this much common sense, even if they don't have enough sense to not come to a place as dirty as this one in the first place.

When I finished this part, I hurried back to the kitchen to find... Yet another pile of dirty dishes waiting for me... Good grief.

By the time I was done with that one, it was already near sunset, so I gave them back the apron and the tools I used, ate something at the tavern (which went into Pierre's tab) and then went back to the guild to report a job well done... And also used the opportunity to file a complaint against whoever was the owner of the tavern as they clearly weren't promoting a safe environment for the workers nor the patrons that were within the establishment.

OOC: @Ophious, can you give this one a look for me, please?
After I finished looking over Sir Robert's report and submitting the approval of his success, I got back to my seat that was, before I knew it, covered in a pile of reports. Seriously, I knew the place was understaffed but pushing reports on to new adventurers probably isn't the best of ideas. Well, it's getting late and it's not like I have anything better to do, so I guess I can do some of these.

Just as I was about to begin with the first report of the pile, a soft voice interrupted me.

"Um, excuse me, is this where I hand in my report?"

A Japanese shrine maiden with a fox ear and tail appeared before me. Wonder what gal game she's from? But on a serious note, I guess this really is a fantasy world, I mean I know about the slimes and stuff from the last report but you can't call it a fantasy without beast girls~ or at least that's something She would definitely say. Anyways it seemed that I was staring at her for too long since the girl's face seems to have started to cramp a little.

"Ah no sorry, I mean yeah, I guess this is where you hand it in?" I said while scratching my cheek, I mean I guess giving it directly to someone to read isn't wrong.

"Oh no worries, you aren't the first to stare. But anyways I would like to submit my report please." The girl said after fixing her smile, hmm guess beastmen are rare here too? She took out a neatly folded paper and handed it to me with quite a graceful manner. After receiving the paper from her, she politely bowed before walking away tiredly, wonder what happened to her?

After watching her back leave the guild I decided to get back to work, let's see...

... Yeah, I can see now why she was tired, honestly, I'm surprised she was still able to keep a polite smile on after going through that messy hell. After going through the report again and seeing that everything was in order, I stamped the report with a completed mark and went to go tell one of the guild staff to deliver the reward to Nene, wherever she's staying... Actually now that I think of it since when did I have a stamp?

Deciding it was better to leave that question for later, Nene's report, however, did remind of the fact that I haven't eaten anything since I came to this world. Getting up I decided to visit the tavern to get some food to eat, besides its not every day you get to see an orc~ Or maybe it is?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Memo Title: Scribel River (Official Name TBD)
Content:

Scribel River is a large waterway that flows from North to South near Scribel City.

Traveling south leads to a waterfall, followed by swampy marshland and a large lake region.

Glowing rocks were found in Scribel River, which presumably flowed down from a source further upstream.

I was out gathering earlier today when I ran into the smell of blood from multiple people. Someone has attempted to wipe out the tracks of a skirmish but did a hasty job - the bloodscent led to a site where the earth has been disturbed and everything points to it being a grave. I'm guesstimating that a handful or so people were involved but I'm not able to tell for sure. I also opted not to disturb the grave. At minimum, I'm suggesting sending in clergy to make sure the poor soul/s don't go undead.

The site is located three miles north of the town, close to the river. Follow the left riverbank until a few hundred meters before the fork in the river, and you'll find a white piece of cloth that I tied around a tree. That's the approximate location.
While I wondered what to do because I absolutely did not want to get engaged with such exploitive quests like the maid one again, I noticed a new quest was issued, this time to... Investigate a report of possible deaths and purify the dead?

My oh my, it's almost as if the guild made this quest specifically for me, the goddess must guided their path and given them guidance to reward me for my endeavors.

In that case, I should make haste and leave right away. I left the city through the northern gate and then moved through the riverbank. I was glad the instructions were simple to follow, though it did bother me that they were a bit too unclear in the exact distances I had to travel... Though I suppose one would not accurately measure how much they walked under normal circumstances, so this couldn't be helped.

Luckily, my destination wasn't too far, so I quickly reached the white piece of cloth that was tied around a tree... However, the directions ended here, and I could not smell any blood nearby, possibly because of the smell of muddy soil that comes from the river. I'm impressed the person that did the preliminary investigation was able to track it from this location...

It would be no good to give up here though, so I closed my eyes and prayed. Prayed to my goddess, to lead me towards those poor spirits that need to be purified, that deserve a peaceful afterlife, yet might be stuck in this world due to their regrets...

I sensed it. The goddess gave me her blessing and showed me the path. I could sense the direction that they were in... The primary investigation was right, there was a grave nearby.

I walked towards them, it would be no good to rush, one should not startle the already scared dead... I took a deep breath and remembered how I did it in the past, it felt like so long ago, how I purified the dead back in my home world... Could I still do it now? In a place that I don't even know how the afterlife works?

... I have to do it, the goddess gave me her powers in order to help those poor souls. Failure is not an option.

I arrived at the site. It was clear that there was something buried beneath me, the soil was far too soft and clearly rearranged in a hurry... Most importantly however, I could see them, the souls. Right in front of me, 6 souls flying around and attacking one another... They seemed to be split in two groups of 3, each of them carrying nothing but a sword and their clothes, they fought against each other, continuously, without mercy, stabbing, beheading, dismembering... Only for the defeated soul to raise once again and go back to the battle.

And beyond that, they were... Crying. With each strike, tears fell from their eyes, with each blow, unspeakable sadness emanated from their souls... And it kept escalating, a spiral of regret that got worse and worse with each death... They would soon become vengeful spirits at this rhythm.

I couldn't allow that, those poor men deserved better than this. I closed my eyes and offered a silent prayer to the goddess one more time, then, opened my eyes once more, with the light of the goddess within them. I knew what I had to do, and so, I started dancing.

One step at a time, I did not need to hurry, time was plentiful, one graceful movement after the other, offering a prayer for each of them and wishing for them to realize their own mortality, and how they were no longer burdened by the sins of the living.

For those people... They were not aware of their death, to seek pardon, one must first understand their own sins... And to understand them, one must first understand themselves.

And so I danced, I danced for them, I prayed for them, moved throughout the small makeshift graveyard, letting them hear my unspoken prayers, making my wishes reach their souls which no longer belonged to this world.

Slowly, they realized it. One at a time, they stopped fighting... They noticed, any reason they had to fight, had long lost its meaning, for only the living have any reason to spill blood... The dead do not need to fight, the dead just need... To rest.

Tears fell from their eyes, they sat down and covered their eyes with their hands, unable to accept the reality... Yet the reality would not change even if they did not accept them. They had a choice to make, they could remain here, forever wallowing for their sins, for their dreams unfulfilled, for their goals that are now unreachable... Or they could move. To a better place, to a place that they could rest, to where they could no longer be burdened by all that have always afflicted them... For so long they have fought, but now... It was time for peace.

They hugged each other, cried to their hearts content, let their feelings flow, let their worries wash away from their souls, let their regrets disappear, together with the transiency of the living... And then they left. Towards a better place, a place they could rest.

I breathed a sigh of relief, it's certainly been quite some time since I did a purification, and it was my first time doing it on my own, I was glad nothing went wrong this once.

However, it was not over yet, while their souls were no longer here, their bodies deserved better than this... Though I was afraid it would be impossible for me to move their bodies to the graveyard on my own. What to do then?

It was at about this time, that a young woman came out from behind a nearby rock and approached me, I was confused for a moment, but she quickly clarified who she was, and what had happened to those poor men... In summary, she, Laila, was cursed by a witch a few years back, a curse that made all men that came close to her to fall in love with her, and to die for that love... She did not explain why the witch gave her this curse, but she did tell me that those 6 dead spirits were her closest friends that have been with her for life. And that killed one another in an attempt to earn her love.

It was a pitiful story, I wished I could help her, but it took no more than a few seconds trying, to realize her curse was beyond what I could help her with... Whoever inflicted this, had a deep grudge towards her, far bigger than what I could cure while so far from my goddess.

I apologized, though Laila did not feel like I needed to... For she was happy, that at least the people she loved could now rest in peace... We could not give them a proper burial, but we could at least give them a proper grave.

We worked together to carve an unique tombstone for each of them, and left a prayer and a few flowers for each, as a reminder of whom they were before the curse, as the men that she cared for the most, and the biggest friends that have ever roamed this land... We prayed for them, for a peaceful afterlife, and for a safe travel, towards the place that they may now rest.

And after that, we left towards the city. Once there, we separated as I returned to the guild, and she went to the home of their families, to deliver the news... Apparently she has been away from the city ever since their demise, for she was unable to forgive herself for their death... Perhaps now she'll be able to rest too, I can only pray for her safety from now on.
Name: Ryzen
Level: 1 (EXP: 70)
Report:

I was looking through the quest board to see if anything new popped up. I needed to stretch out my limbs after not working for two days and coincidentally I found this which piqued my interest.

I set out a day after I registered my name at the reception desk to prepare for the quest. I made my way to the location of the client and asked further details regarding this glow in the river. Apparently this started, or at least it was discovered by her kids, four days ago. There was no noticeable change around the riverbank after discovering the glow.

After getting all information needed from the client, I made my way to the river. There was certainly a faint glow if one squinted enough. I needed to get a closer look so I wore my enchanted boots that lets me walk on water. I arrived at the location of the glow and looked down at the riverbed to see if I could find what's causing it. Unfortunately the water was not too clear with the current of river not helping at all but from I could see multiple fish gathering around the glow.

Well... there was only one way to find out.

Did you know how hard it was to fight against the current while swimming downwards? It took me a few tries, with one of the attempts almost drowning me, but I eventually saw what was causing this phenomenon.

It was actually a couple of rocks that were jade white and emitted blinding glow. If I didn't use my [Mana Sense] to help my eyes, I would've been blinded. Strange enough, it seems like these stones had a fair amount of mana in them.

I picked up a total of seven glowstones from that venture. Maybe we could use this as an alternative light source?

What's strange was how did these light stones show up there? Further research might be needed but one conjecture I came up with is that maybe these stones might've been swept downstream. Maybe the source of these stones could be found further upstream?

P.S. Can I volunteer for the research team? Pretty please?

Quest Report (6)
Name
Level: 2 (325 EXP)
Quest: Follow the River
Evaluation:
  • Explored one of the downstream branches of the river
  • Located marshland
After another visit with Folke, the little boy I had rescued a couple of days ago from the sewers, I decided to take on a more explorative quest to clear my mind a little, which would also give me room to experiment with my magic during the expedition. Since all the exploration quests didn't have much of a difference to me, I just picked the first one and headed towards its general location. Seeing as I had picked the river, I faintly recalled the brown-haired boy who's quest report I had assessed. He mentioned that the glowstones may have originated from upstream, and seemed to be eager to be a part of the research team for it. 'Well then, I guess I'll leave that for him to explore.' I thought offhandedly, not particularly bothered either way.

As I trailed the river bank leisurely, experimenting with spells as I walked, I faintly noticed that the number of trees was lessening and that it was getting a little harder to breathe. After defeating a slime that hopped into my path out of nowhere, I was greeted with a rather amazing sight. The river branch I followed had led me to a sudden waterfall, which led to shallow streams and patches of lakes. After digging a small hole in the ground using my shoes, I noticed water leakage. No wonder the ground was turning slightly softer beneath my feet: I had entered wetland territory.

Deciding to stop wasting mana on my spell experimentation, I focused all my attention on the surroundings around me. Below the waterfall, there was not a single tree in sight, ruling out the idea that this was a swamp. Since there wasn't any tell-tale peat and an abundance of reeds, cattails and common marsh plants, I deduced that this must be a marshland of some sort. Although the surroundings initially seemed rather ordinary, I noticed that the plants seemed to grow... bigger than usual here. Perhaps due to this, the creatures here were bigger as well. I noticed the vague outlines of strangely-shaped slimes, dragon-like alligators, giant dragonflies with pincers, and that was all that I saw with one view. Who knew how much wildlife was hidden beneath the surface of this place...

However, what really surprised me was a certain carnivorous plant that I could vaguely see dotted around the more land-based areas of the marsh. It was the exact same carnivorous vine plant that had suddenly appeared on Farmer Joe's field!

Although shocked, I hurriedly decided to head back before any of these creatures noticed me. Especially by myself, there was no way I could explore this place without dying at least a thousand times...

AliceShiki

Memo Title: Rordon Gamsey, The Guild's Chef
Memo Category: People
Content:

A very rude old man that is the head chef of the guild's kitchen. He is about 1.65m tall and has a beard so long that it reaches the ground. He always gets very angry whenever an adventurer goes to his kitchen to cook rations, but he still allows them to do their job... But gods forbid those that fail at the task and don't get any eatable ration done.

Surprisingly though, he has a soft side to him, it's rarely seen, but reports of him being extremely kind to a wounded adventurer that entered his kitchen to cook quickly spread around, which improved his reputation to a certain extent.

The man may be very strict, but he also cares a lot for his job and does his best to make sure the food that gets out of his kitchen is at the very least edible, and also makes sure to give proper instructions to the newbies at cooking to get them doing their job right, and also aids them in doing what they're clearly incapable of.

References:

Quest Report:
Character: Noel (Level 1) (EXP 0) (Money 20)
Quest: Cooking Rations
Report:
After being shown the way to the Guild by the kind guards and obtaining an official form of identification here, I needed to plan out what to do now. While on one hand, I could go straight to continuing my search for Her, on the other I could do quests and try to get accustomed to life as an adventurer first. After mulling over what to do for a while, I decided instead of just standing there doing nothing I should go look at what kind of requests there are first of all. If it's stuff like slaying demons and dragons then it'd probably be better for me to just leave this place.

Going up to the board that was bigger than I thought, I started to scan through all of the things posted there. My eyes instantly zoomed in on the request saying Cooking Rations. Not to brag or anything but cooking is one of the few things I'm proud of, due to the fact the She couldn't cook at all and it was up to me to either cook or starve back then, anyways after looking it over I thought it was easy enough and decided to take it. Walking up to the receptionist at the counter, I asked her about the request.

"Excuse me ma'am~? Um, yeah sorry to bother you again but I have a question for you~."

"Hmm? Ah no don't worry about it, what's your question young man?" She asked with a perfect business smile, she'd probably work well as a receptionist at a fast-food restaurant or something.

"I would like to take the Cooking Rations quest please~!"

"Oh my, are you sure about that? Cooking 50 rations is no easy task."

"Don't worry, I'm quite confident in my cooking skills~."

"I see, well if you say so. As written on the request, the guild will provide the recipe and the ingredients. You may borrow the kitchen if you wish but just a warning, the kitchen is very basic. It might be better for you to negotiate with a restaurant and see if you can borrow their kitchen instead."

"Ah, no I think the guild's kitchen would be sufficient~."

"If you say so," she said hesitantly, she looked at me once more as if to check if I was certain before taking out a piece of paper and scribbling something on it, then handing it over to me, "Down the hallway to my left, take the 4th door on the right and you'll find the kitchen. Give the paper to the man inside and he'll give you the things you need."

"Thank you~," I said before skipping away.

Following the lady's instructions, I walked down the hallway and found the kitchen. Honestly, it was bigger than I expected, about the size of 2 classrooms. I wanted to explore a little but was stopped by a shout.

"Stop right there! This area is for staff only! Who are you?!"

An old man that was around the same height as me, was blocking my path. He had a beard that was so long it was slightly dragging across the ground and his attire consisted of a shirt, a pair of trousers, an apron and a chef hat. Wonder if this was the same guy the lady told me to report to? As I was lost in thought the old man seemed to have gotten irritated and looked liked he'd start yelling again. Which reminds me, I still haven't responded to him yet.

"Oh sorry, I'm a new adventurer that registered recently! I was told to come here by the lady at the counter, also she told me to give you thi-."

Before I could finish my sentence, the old man yanked the paper from my hand scanned through it. After seemingly reaching the end, he ripped the paper to shreds before screaming.

"Renting out MY kitchen again?! Those ungrateful sons of b**ches! AHHHH #$%!!@#%$!!!"

He started yelling curses in English before seeming to run out of things to say and switch to some other language and continued his cursing. After a full 5 minutes of continuous cursing, he finally seemed to have run out of breath and stopped.

"So can I use your kitchen?"

I mean whether he says yes or no probably doesn't matter since I got permission already, it'd just be annoying if he kept on trying to kick me out. If I killed him would I get in trouble? I mean obstructing work should be a crime right? As I was contemplating whether to end the life of the old man before me depending on what he said, he finally looked me in the eye after catching his breath again.

"Look here you f*cker, I'll let you do your silly little quest or whatever since you got permission but if you touch anything you're not supposed to, and I mean ANYTHING, I will skin you alive and cook your sorry ass for today's lunch!"

"Sure thing~."

Quite the kind old man, he only called me f*cker once. After seeming to be satisfied with my response he took me to the storage room with all the ingredients, he grabbed all of the ingredients necessary and threw them in front of me. He then tossed the cookbook at my face, but luckily I'm used to stuff like that and was able to catch it easily.

"Tch, there's the stuff, now go do your job quickly! We aren't paying you to dilly dally brat!" He said before storming out the storage room and plopping down on the stool by the door.

I quickly got to work after the distraction was gone, grabbing all the ingredients I quickly transported all of them to the counter before opening the cookbook. It wasn't hard to find the right recipe for the rations since there didn't seem to be much variety there. The recipe was called Eggless, Butterless, Milkless Cake, guess the creator of the recipe couldn't think of anything fun to name it~?

Honestly, the most annoying thing about this request would probably be getting the precise measurements for the ingredients and getting the temperature of the oven to be correct. I was able to eyeball the ingredients due to my years of experience in the kitchen but the oven was a slight problem. It was an old stone oven where you had to use wood as fuel and manually blow a pipe to adjust the temperature, I've used something like this before but honestly, it was a pain in the ass to adjust. Though luckily, the old man seemed to be irritated by my lack of skill and took over pre-heating the oven.

After boiling together the sugar, water, shortening, salt, raisins, and spices. I added flour and baking soda and mixed it well before pouring them into the pan and shoving them into the oven, now all that's left was to wait.

The old man was once again sitting on the stool with his eyes closed, I would have thought he was asleep if not for the constant sound of his feet tapping. I was looking at the fire, blowing through a pipe to increase the heat when it died down a little or added wood when the fuel seemed low.

After around 45 minutes, the cake should have been done. So I took all of the pans out and waited for them to cool for a minute or 2, after that I took the 20 cakes out of their pans and then sliced them in half. Before I realized it the old man was looking at each cake while I was slicing them, he poked some and sniffed others, sometimes his face scrunched up while other times he nodded. After going through all 40 cake rations, he looked at me and said,

"Honestly your fire control is horrible. Some of them are slightly burnt while others are slightly undercooked. But compared to the other bunch that failed miserably, you at least made the food edible."

The old man took out a piece of paper and scribbled some stuff on it that was similar to the ones the lady wrote but slightly different. He then scrunched up the paper into a ball and threw it at me suddenly. I caught the ball before confusingly looked up at him.

"What? It's proof of your completion, now get out of here asshole or do you want me to personally kick you out?"

"Oh, thanks old man, see ya~"

Finally finishing this annoying quest I was quite happy to leave. But just as I was about to leave through the door, the old man yelled out,

"If you ever want to hone your skills properly then take that quest again and come back! I don't want to see assholes waste precious ingredients."

With those as parting words, I skipped out the hallway and returned to the front to report the completion of my quest.
Quest Report (4)
Name
Level: 1 (165 EXP)
Quest: Cooking Rations
Evaluation:
  • 40 rations cooked and packaged
Wrapped in bandages from head to toe with the faint smell of Twin Flowers forever emanating from my body, I wobbled on over to the Guild's Kitchen after applying for the quest. To be honest, for the sake of recovery it would probably be best to just take another day off, but my noble pride will not allow myself to just watch as my money gets stolen away! As I entered the kitchen the sound of shouting abruptly entered my ears. "Not another god damn idiot wandering into MY kitchen as they-!" As soon as the old man saw me, with his long beard trailing onto the floor, he was shocked still at the sight. I had heard of this old fellow in passing rumours, saying that the head chef of the guild's kitchen was stubborn and hot-tempered, but also undoubtedly the best in his craft.

"Oi... lass what happened to you?" His anger was immediately dampened as he looked at me with nothing but sympathy and pity in his eyes. He didn't seem as bad as rumours painted him to be, perhaps he just had a tough front but was tender on the inside? It turned out that speculation seemed to be true, or perhaps I just reminded him of his daughter or something coincidental like that. After explaining the main points of what happened, he generously allowed me a small space to work in the kitchen. Although he continued to mutter his grievances like "That god damn Farmer Joe..." or "..scamming people in broad daylight...", he helped me out as much as his stubborn pride would allow, pushing the ingredients closer towards me or pointing out my mistakes angrily.

After my nightmare time in the office the other day, I had become pretty efficient at repetitive yet mundane tasks, so the rations were done and dusted before I knew it. Whilst packaging them up, I thanked the old man for his assistance who glared at me till I left. "Hmph, you did okay for those broken hands of yours. You better rest up before coming anywhere near the guild next time you hear me?!" I gave him one last understanding smile before wobbling out the door.
The first time I did this quest, there was a scary old man, so I just took the ingredients and dashed away and did it all at home. The second time, I did the same thing, except I was yelled at by the receptionist and told not to do that again. Unfortunately, I want to be able to use the guild kitchens, since I heard that they have a lot of conveniences, such as various cooking appliances, pot fillers and "free" fire!

I started camping out around the guild kitchen, hoping to go to work as soon as that old man leaves. I mean, he must have a life outside of the guild right? However, I swear that the guy lives there or something. Every single time I check (or let my cat check), he's always there!

Frustrated, I decided to visit the guild kitchen at 2 am. Surely, he wouldn't be there right? Well, it turns out that the guild kitchen is closed at that time :blob_teary:

So I got a brilliant idea! I simply snuck in when he went to take a restroom break (at least he leaves to do that), and hid myself in a box. After taking a nap there, I woke up with a stiff neck, but the kitchen was completely empty, with no old man in sight!

And thus I began baking the rations. I got to play with all the fancy equipment, with these cool looking dough rollers (i had to just use my hands before), and all these ovens! And what's cool about those ovens, is that you can specify exactly how long you want them to cook for, and then it will sounds an alarm when it's ready! Gone are the days I have to keep checking at my sand filled hourglass.

While all 40 rations were baking, I went and inspected all the other fancy kitchen appliances. Half of them, I wouldn't be too sure how to use though, but I guess I can just ask the guild for those. Before I knew it, the loud buzzer went off, and I ran over and began to collect the rations.

Checking the rations via a lantern I brought, they looked perfect! I carefully stowed them in the bag, but in the middle of doing so, I heard footsteps in the distance, with a very familiar voice saying something about "those broken machines are going off at night yet again"

In a rush, I hurried up and threw all the rations into the bag and bolted out of the kitchen, hoping that I wouldn't be noticed. It failed, and the old man yelled, "It's that thief again!" But as usual I made my quick get away.

The next day, when I went to deliver the rations, I casually asked about the guild kitchen appliances. The receptionist had no idea, but said that Rordon Gamsey, could answer all my questions, since he's always there in the kitchen. Wait, if that's the old man.... I guess I'm either going to have to get along with him or never use the guild kitchen. :blob_teary:

Attached are the 40 rations.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Memo Title: The Village of Asteria
Content:

Asteria is a small village located to the West of Scribel. If you walk at a slow pace and take plenty of breaks, you should reach it in about three days. It shouldn't be harder to reach it in one or two days if you walk faster and take less breaks though.

The road there is fairly peaceful, while also being well-maintained. It is somewhat frequented primarily by peddlers. Starting from Scribel, the path is primarily surrounded by farms, but it then becomes clearer once you get past those. There is also a fair amount of easy to forage food in the way.

As for the village itself, it doesn't seem to have many remarkable things at a first impression, it mostly looks like... Your average village. Perhaps if one were to stay there longer, they'd find more unique things to it.

And to the north of the village, a bright light fell from the sky some time back. Was it a falling star? A meteor? A sign from the gods? Rumors exist, but at the moment, nobody really knows for sure. One would need to travel to the location themselves to find out.

References:
References: (1); (2)

Resume:
  • The path West is mostly safe.
  • The area near Scribel is mostly filled with farms.
  • There is a well maintained road that leads to a village called Asteria. It is used mainly by peddlers and takes roughly 3 days (at a slow pace, including resting, praying and foraging time) to get there. It might be reachable in 1-2 days if you move quickly.
  • To the North of Asteria, a Bright Light fell down some time back... Maybe it was a falling star?
After I was done with evaluating the only report available at the moment, I thought I should take a quest to do my part as an adventurer, it would be no good if the guild thought that the servants of the goddess were unable to work properly after all.

However, after looking through the list, I hardly found anything that I wanted to partake on... I even considered participating in that show off contest due to the lack of options, but... It would be a disgrace to make a holy dance to entertain the masses, so I quickly wrote that one off.

Then what was left was... To explore I suppose? I quickly parsed through the reports of what was said so far about the nearby regions, and most of them were surprisingly dangerous... Although the upstream part of the northern river has yet to be explored, and the Western area was not as well... I decided to see if there was any information on the western are that was already collected, and noticed one person said there were farms near it, and another that a mysterious bright light fell from the sky at it.

The presence of farms made it seem safe, though the falling light was worrisome... It might be worth investigating at the very least.

I took some rations with me, prayed to the goddess for a safe travel and started traveling West to see what could be found there. The parts near the gate were basically filled with farms, it seems like quite the peaceful area. I certainly felt glad that at least one of our neighboring regions felt safe.

After moving through them for a while, I reached the last farm around, so I asked its owner if they remembered any bright light falling from the sky some time ago. The man vaguely remembered something, but it was further to the West that it fell. I thanked him and moved through the road onwards.

It was a peaceful trip overall, from time to time I could see some merchants passing by and we exchanged some friendly banter, apparently they were moving to the nearby village of Asteria that was further down the road. I also asked them about the falling light, but they did not have much information as most of them were constantly traveling... Nonetheless, it was nice to have the talk.

It took me 3 days to reach said village. I thought it would be closer to Scribel, so I didn't take much food with me... Fortunately, the path there had plenty of relatively-easy to forage food not too far from the road, so I did not end up starving.

Once at the village, I asked the citizens about the Falling Flash of Light, they gave me the information that they remembered seeing it some time back, but it fell further to the North of the village. I thanked them for the help, and thought it would be better to go back now. It's been 3 days already and I think I've gotten enough knowledge by now, and I wouldn't want to put myself in unnecessary risk to investigate a falling star... Or whatever that was.

Making another prayer to the goddess while asking for safety, I moved back to Scribel, and in three more days I had returned.
Night Watch
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters that get too close to the city, and sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Watch for vagabonds and criminals, and sound the alarm if there is suspicious behavior.
  • Stay awake for the whole night. Do not leave your post.
Explanation: Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed. We need people to help keep the city safe.
Reward:
Quest Report - Solet' Luna ( EXP: 75 )
- Solet had already asleep but I still wanted to read my books, and where is better than the Night Watch Tower? The light of the candles can never be compared to the natural moonlight!

Just as I was enjoying my read, a beam of light abruptly shone and dimmed down. It appeared to be some kind of flying object crashed landing onto somewhere outside of the city. Although the location of the site was unknown, the general direction was to the west of the city.

Because of that event, I placed my book down and continued to keep an eye out for any possible change around the general surrounding. If not for the different laws of magic, I would have sent out some scouts to keep a lookout.

Aside from the unidentified object crash site, the only eventful moment was when a loud scream echoed the city. It appeared that some adventures were fooling around the campfire, watching the sky while talking about some other mundane subjects. One of them had a death-like aura around it tho, which intrigued me a little.
Quest Report

After helping with kids and doing other stuff around town, I really felt like stretching my limbs a bit, so I took this job! The guy said he had to come along with me. He got angry when I kept calling him "you" and said to call him Will. He also called me a little girl, and said that I wouldn't be able to help. It made me mad, but the last time I punched a wall Malice told me not to, and said I should have more self control. So, I didn't punch a wall. Or him. I really wanted to. Will is a dumb name.

I followed him to the farm. We went out the west gate. We passed a lot of farm-looking buildings, but apparently his was a bit further. When we got there, it was all messy and stuff. I asked what he wanted me to do first, and he said he wanted to make sure there were no monsters first. That sounded fine to me, because honestly I was in a pretty bad mood. So, I went inside. He followed me, because he said he wanted to make sure I was actually working. :mad_s:

So, when we got inside and there were a bunch of rats, I was very happy! With my trusty knuckles on, I started punching! The rats bit me a few times, but that's the fun part! Blood flying everywhere, and the thrilling pain! Hooray! The slimes were ok, but I think it's not as good as things that bleed. Anyways, when I was done for some reason Dumb-Face Will looked scared. I mean, the rats were all dead, so there wasn't anything to be scared of. I looked through the rest of the place, and there weren't any other monsters! Just a big mess. So, feeling nice and refreshed, I helped Stinky Breath Will clean up. It took a lot of work! I had to tear out a bunch of weeds, and pile up broken and useless stuff outside, and move a bunch of rocks out of the field. I had fun by throwing the rocks at trees to see if I could hit them. I actually hit most of them! So, after I was done, Idiot Meanie Will said I could leave. I don't know why he still looked scared, the place was all cleaned up.

The reception person also looked worried when I came in. I guess I should probably take a shower. This blood is gonna dry. Sorry receptionist person! I hope you weren't too worried. It's not mine. Mostly.