Is ScribbleHub cool with LGBT+ users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorgueAnna

I didn't want to hijack the conversation on the thread regarding that actress, but reading over it I saw some misguided or outright uninformed statements from other users. I try to be chill about ignorance and stuff because I've got limited amouts of energy, but I do try to avoid spaces that are outright hostile (gotta pick and choose my battles) in favor of places that are open to learning.
I get that with weeb spaces there's a lot of leftover terminology from older days that hasn't yet been updated and that bleeds over into creative spaces like here. I see it a lot in the visual novel community, for example.
So is it just some of the ScribbleHub userbase that thinks trans people are mentally ill/[insert outdated helicopter joke here] or do I need to bail? Are LGBT folks just fetish tropes for stories or are we welcome to be considered as people here?

I apologise if my questions or presence cause issue.

QuestionableArachne

LGBT people are very much welcome, just as any other person is. Personally I haven’t seen anyone on scribblehub that is against the LGBT community/people. While there are quite a few of stories that do use LGBT as a trope there is also some really good stories out there that don’t just use it as a way to get more people to read their story.

LuceLucky

Readers like to read smut. Unfortunately, enjoying sexy times does not equal acceptance or respect. Personally, I love incorporating LGBTQ and BiPoC characters in my works because you know, they're people too, not some imaginary fantasy slash new modern trend, and there's a lack of positive representation in media.

To my readers: take it or leave it. I ain't going anywhere.

P.S: someone asking you to use their preferred pronouns is really the bare minimum of human decency and if you've got issues with that you can swallow a tide pod.

Ryudo1701

It's a bit of a problem that so many authors are using gender bender for laughs and attracting attention as a case of someone feeling that his/her body isn't the right one should be pretty heavy for them...
But then there are others, like QuietValerie for example, whose stories make you think deeply about it.
But generally this community is cool with it.

And before I get stoned, I really don't know better but, isn't it still displayed as a disorder by psychologists?

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
I didn't want to hijack the conversation on the thread regarding that actress, but reading over it I saw some misguided or outright uninformed statements from other users. I try to be chill about ignorance and stuff because I've got limited amouts of energy, but I do try to avoid spaces that are outright hostile (gotta pick and choose my battles) in favor of places that are open to learning.
I get that with weeb spaces there's a lot of leftover terminology from older days that hasn't yet been updated and that bleeds over into creative spaces like here. I see it a lot in the visual novel community, for example.
So is it just some of the ScribbleHub userbase that thinks trans people are mentally ill/[insert outdated helicopter joke here] or do I need to bail? Are LGBT folks just fetish tropes for stories or are we welcome to be considered as people here?

I apologise if my questions or presence cause issue.
we aren't gonna be hostile, just dont try to make us change our pronoun game for you and you're good. Only people interested in that stuff to begin with will read it anyway. If someone starts bitching at you because of the LGBT stuff, just tell them to fuck off. Cuz obviously they'd only be there to start a fight instead of because they actually like that kind of thing.

NOTE: Dont put LGBT in the title...just dont. I've seen other people do it. It's cringey as fuck. Leave that for the tags and maybe the synopsis. Just a tip. Cuz when its all in your face, it makes you just want to ignore it.

Bayonne

It's a bit of a problem that so many authors are using gender bender for laughs and attracting attention as a case of someone feeling that his/her body isn't the right one should be pretty heavy for them...
But then there are others, like QuietValerie for example, whose stories make you think deeply about it.
But generally this community is cool with it.

And before I get stoned, I really don't know better but, isn't it still displayed as a disorder by psychologists?
I don't get gender benders, why are they so liked? The thing I don't like about most gender benders are the fact that, somehow, the MC's mind, all of a sudden, turn girly with little to no transition at all.

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
When did you become an official Trivago maple? :blob_hmm:

Hans hath bestowed the title on me.
Readers like to read smut. Unfortunately, enjoying sexy times does not equal acceptance or respect. Personally, I love incorporating LGBTQ and BiPoC characters in my works because you know, they're people too, not some imaginary fantasy slash new modern trend, and there's a lack of positive representation in media.

To my readers: take it or leave it. I ain't going anywhere.

P.S: someone asking you to use their preferred pronouns is really the bare minimum of human decency and if you've got issues with that you can swallow a tide pod.

Most of the time it's just by mistake, and people will change it when asked politely. Or I'd hope so.

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
NOTE: Dont put LGBT in the title...just dont. I've seen other people do it. It's cringey as fuck. Leave that for the tags and maybe the synopsis. Just a tip. Cuz when its all in your face, it makes you just want to ignore it.

If putting LGBT+ stuff in the title makes you want to ignore something, you were probably one of the people they wanted to ignore it, though.

Ryudo1701

I don't get gender benders, why are they so liked? The thing I don't like about most gender benders are the fact that, somehow, the MC's mind, all of a sudden, turn girly with little to no transition at all.
That's exactly the problem. They could just use an originally male/female charakter and the story would still work if you delete a couple "how do I pee?" jokes. It just undermines the serious psychologicals problems that come from feeling completely wrong in your own body.

EmilieEmber

I write an explicitly trans story, and all my content is lgbt+ - happy to say I haven't had any problems with this in scribblehub.

That said? This is literally my first time posting on the forums.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
If putting LGBT+ stuff in the title makes you want to ignore something, you were probably one of the people they wanted to ignore it, though.
I never said that shit turns me off from a story. It's just cringey as fuck seeing it on there all in your face. I'd say the same if you put any genre or tag in the story title itself.

Aleth08

we aren't gonna be hostile, just dont try to make us change our pronoun game for you and you're good. Only people interested in that stuff to begin with will read it anyway. If someone starts bitching at you because of the LGBT stuff, just tell them to fuck off. Cuz obviously they'd only be there to start a fight instead of because they actually like that kind of thing.
Totally agree with it. Its mostly the case of those who have too much free time, only they do these pointless things. For me personally, its like you said "just dont try to make us change our pronoun game for you and you're good".

Status
Not open for further replies.