Writing Prompt A malevolent entity gives you a lose/lose choice.

Friend

... well am I? or not?
You have one person you never want to see, hear, talk to, or even be on the same planet as. But said person clings to you.

Conversely everyone else alive likes you, you get along, even with your nemesis.

Bring in a powerful entity who gives you a specific choice. To no longer be faced with said enemy, you must
  • expel the person from your life using the kindest most caring words to push them away;
  • and for the rest of eternity use abusive demeaning slanderous speech with everyone else, no exception. (No love life either but oh well)
Can you do it? Can you choose a horrible life forever if it means that one person is no longer there?
Might be hard saying good things to a disliked person, might also be hard saying only bad things to liked people.

... anyway. That's the irl thought I am curious about. Write an opening scene with your choice as the close ... or give the malevolent entity a 3rd option....

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Nah, I'd rather go through MK ULTRA than to go through THAT. What kind of sick fuck would give a choice like that. I can't imagine hating one guy to the point where I'd forgo the rest of my relationships just to get rid of him. An enemy isn't worth your life.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Logan's choice. *snikt* x
(y):blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:
(n):blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek:

Lady's choice. Got 🥛?

Sorry, came freshly squeezed for ideas from deity date thread. Might or might not edit later if I get an inspiration.

It's not a lose/lose scenario but a lose/LOSE one.

The way the problematic clingy person is described, one would think it is an annoyance, but nothing close to hatred. If it were, one would have already done something drastic long before the malevolent entity became an unsolicited busybody.

Love is reckless; not reason. -Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi

Last edited:

Owl

Nervous writer
I knew a person whom I randomly disliked so much that the mere sight of him got me into a bad mood. Still not worth it to fall out with all my liked people for one person.
That's not even a choice for me, I can deal with ignoring someone who sticks to me as long as I have other people I like around

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
  • expel the person from your life using the kindest most caring words to push them away;

Been there, done that in 2014 when I broke up with my ex.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Nah, I'd rather go through MK ULTRA than to go through THAT. What kind of sick fuck would give a choice like that. I can't imagine hating one guy to the point where I'd forgo the rest of my relationships just to get rid of him. An enemy isn't worth your life.
Your levels of pettiness are pathetic.

Anyway i can say kind things to a person i hate. Anyone who cant is just a stupid and childish little shits who lack true will. You cant swallow your hate for a few minutes, really? To get rid of them? Okay dumbass have fun being with them forever then.

But im also very petty so i dont mind destroying relationships just so i dont have to talk to a person. Depends on my mood

Third option? Tell the entity to suck my cock if they want to motivate me to pick one. I dont do shot for free. Best get on your knees if you want something like that from me.

Now that might get me killed by said entity...but again, im petty. And stuff like that annoys me anyway

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Your levels of pettiness are pathetic.

Anyway i can say kind things to a person i hate. Anyone who cant is just a stupid and childish little shits who lack true will. You cant swallow your hate for a few minutes, really? To get rid of them? Okay dumbass have fun being with them forever then.

But im also very petty so i dont mind destroying relationships just so i dont have to talk to a person. Depends on my mood

Third option? Tell the entity to suck my cock if they want to motivate me to pick one. I dont do shot for free. Best get on your knees if you want something like that from me.

Now that might get me killed by said entity...but again, im petty. And stuff like that annoys me anyway
you know what, you go have fun. i'm too tired to be petty anyway.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You have one person you never want to see, hear, talk to, or even be on the same planet as. But said person clings to you.

Conversely everyone else alive likes you, you get along, even with your nemesis.

Bring in a powerful entity who gives you a specific choice. To no longer be faced with said enemy, you must
  • and for the rest of eternity use abusive demeaning slanderous speech with everyone else, no exception. (No love life either but oh well)
Can you do it? Can you choose a horrible life forever if it means that one person is no longer there?
Might be hard saying good things to a disliked person, might also be hard saying only bad things to liked people.

... anyway. That's the irl thought I am curious about. Write an opening scene with your choice as the close ... or give the malevolent entity a 3rd option....
I'd ignore the entity and just talk to the person I dislike until we solve our issues. 99% of the problems between people can be solved by having proper conversations as adults.

Xiaoshen

I'll just ignore them and let them cling, eventually driving them to despair as they lose more and more of themselves in an attempt to get my attention. I just won't look at them, listen, or talk to them. I'll act like i'm not even on the same planet as them.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Restraining orders exist. Why would I take such a bad deal when I could just file a restraining order?
Heck, if it was really that bad, you can totally just off the person instead.

Alverost

Eternal Procrastinator
Staff member
Restraining orders exist. Why would I take such a bad deal when I could just file a restraining order?
Heck, if it was really that bad, you can totally just off the person instead.
Glad you agree, the lawyer will send it to your address.

But yeah, the deal is bad just cut them off.