Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

GM

@ohko for leveling up should we do something like a promotion quest where one needs to undertake a quest 1 level higher than there current level once they reach max exp in order to prove their competence?
Sure! Why don’t you see if other players are interested in this kind of thing? If it seems like a popular idea, let’s add it!

What if to level up, you have to find character who is a higher level than you and ask them to make you a level up quest?
That's something that would be nice to implement later on
The problem here is that no one can level up then since no one is level 2 yet
So maybe it'd be better to replace the promotion quest with something like an evaluator test once more people have reached higher level?
Revisiting this idea.

So what if there were ranks and "promotion quests" that were necessary to "rank up".
  • No Rank:
    • LVL 1 [0 XP]: An average adult civilian
    • LVL 2 [200 XP]: Slightly athletic civilian
    • LVL 3 [600 XP]: Amateur athlete / militia
    • LVL 4 [1200 XP]: Typical city guard
  • Rank E: Promotion quest
    • LVL 5 [2000 XP]: Typical foot soldier
    • LVL 6 [3000 XP]:
    • LVL 7 [4200 XP]: Experienced soldier
    • LVL 8 [5600 XP]:
    • LVL 9 [7200 XP]:
  • Rank D: Promotion quest
    • LVL 10 [9000 XP]: Locally reputable adventurer/mercenary
    • LVL 11 [11000 XP]:
    • LVL 12 [13200 XP]:
    • LVL 13 [15600 XP]:
    • LVL 14 [18200 XP]:
  • Rank C: Promotion quest
    • LVL 15 [21000 XP]: Locally admired adventurer/mercenary
    • LVL 16 [24000 XP]:
    • LVL 17 [27200 XP]:
    • LVL 18 [30600 XP]:
    • LVL 19 [34200 XP]:
  • Rank B: Promotion quest
    • LVL 20 [38000 XP]: Locally famous adventurer/mercenary
    • ...Continues...

Promotion quests can be assigned either by a guildmaster or an adventurer who is a higher rank than your character.

The Rank E/D promotion quests could probably be a standard cookie-cutter thing, but I like the idea of higher ranks requiring a "mentor" or some kind of special process of seeking out of a special individual. In the higher levels, I think promotion quests should be tailored to the individual.

---------------

E. Locations
  • Maps are cool!
  • Exploration quests
  • Potentially more Adventurer's Guild branches in the future -- different cities, different regions, etc.

I've also thinking about more locations in the future.

Currently my thought process is that Scribel City is a relatively safe area for beginners -- and there will probably be fewer higher level quests/monsters.

As players exhaust the content around Scribel City, I think it would be an interesting if characters were forced moved on to more difficult regions with more challenging content. These other regions/cities/villages could have their own branches of the Adventurer's Guild.

Well, it doesn't have to be a perfect gradation of difficulty level, but adding a variety of different flavors of locations might be interesting in the future.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Revisiting this idea.

So what if there were ranks and "promotion quests" that were necessary to "rank up".
  • No Rank:
    • LVL 1 [0 XP]: An average adult civilian
    • LVL 2 [200 XP]: Slightly athletic civilian
    • LVL 3 [600 XP]: Amateur athlete / militia
    • LVL 4 [1200 XP]: Typical city guard
  • Rank E: Promotion quest
    • LVL 5 [2000 XP]: Typical foot soldier
    • LVL 6 [3000 XP]:
    • LVL 7 [4200 XP]: Experienced soldier
    • LVL 8 [5600 XP]:
    • LVL 9 [7200 XP]:
  • Rank D: Promotion quest
    • LVL 10 [9000 XP]: Locally reputable adventurer/mercenary
    • LVL 11 [11000 XP]:
    • LVL 12 [13200 XP]:
    • LVL 13 [15600 XP]:
    • LVL 14 [18200 XP]:
  • Rank C: Promotion quest
    • LVL 15 [21000 XP]: Locally admired adventurer/mercenary
    • LVL 16 [24000 XP]:
    • LVL 17 [27200 XP]:
    • LVL 18 [30600 XP]:
    • LVL 19 [34200 XP]:
  • Rank B: Promotion quest
    • LVL 20 [38000 XP]: Locally famous adventurer/mercenary
    • ...Continues...

Promotion quests can be assigned either by a guildmaster or an adventurer who is a higher rank than your character.

The Rank E/D promotion quests could probably be a standard cookie-cutter thing, but I like the idea of higher ranks requiring a "mentor" or some kind of special process of seeking out of a special individual. In the higher levels, I think promotion quests should be tailored to the individual.
I really like the idea of promotion quests tbh, but like... They're hard to make. Especially if we want to make them feel tailored towards the player, because this often requires knowing more about their character, which means only those that actually read their reports would feel like they're fitting for making the quests.

So... I dunno, I love them in concept, but I'm not sure if the execution is worth the effort it takes to make them... At least that's what my experience with them says~
I've also thinking about more locations in the future.

Currently my thought process is that Scribel City is a relatively safe area for beginners -- and there will probably be fewer higher level quests/monsters.

As players exhaust the content around Scribel City, I think it would be an interesting if characters were forced moved on to more difficult regions with more challenging content. These other regions/cities/villages could have their own branches of the Adventurer's Guild.

Well, it doesn't have to be a perfect gradation of difficulty level, but adding a variety of different flavors of locations might be interesting in the future.
Aye aye! That might be a good idea, slowly developing the world and stuff~

GM

I really like the idea of promotion quests tbh, but like... They're hard to make. Especially if we want to make them feel tailored towards the player, because this often requires knowing more about their character, which means only those that actually read their reports would feel like they're fitting for making the quests.

So... I dunno, I love them in concept, but I'm not sure if the execution is worth the effort it takes to make them... At least that's what my experience with them says~
What if we just had a silly rule where the higher level promotion quests simply involve getting three things?

This way, the "mentor" can just sort of whimsically randomly think of any three things.

I kind of imagine it like this:

--------

Ohko: Sensei! I've tracked you down for hundred miles! Please show me the way to reach Rank B!

Sensei: Hmm... You want to be Rank B? This is a very difficult quest. Please let me sip my tea first.

Ohko: ...D-Difficult? Will it be dangerous?

Sensei: Yes. Very. I want to eat ice cream. Please get me (1) an everlasting frostfire crystal, (2) dragon's milk, and (3) and a fairy's sweet tears. Come back to me when you have found these three things.

Ohko: TwT ...Okay... but where can I find those things?

Sensei: Not my problem~ Have fun~! And don't die!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I am role playing as one of the staff. :blob_evil:
A heartless staff! xD
What if we just had a silly rule where the higher level promotion quests simply involve getting three things?

This way, the "mentor" can just sort of whimsically randomly think of any three things.

I kind of imagine it like this:

--------

Ohko: Sensei! I've tracked you down for hundred miles! Please show me the way to reach Rank B!

Sensei: Hmm... You want to be Rank B? This is a very difficult quest. Please let me sip my tea first.

Ohko: ...D-Difficult? Will it be dangerous?

Sensei: Yes. Very. I want to eat ice cream. Please get me (1) an everlasting frostfire crystal, (2) dragon's milk, and (3) and a fairy's sweet tears. Come back to me when you have found these three things.

Ohko: TwT ...Okay... but where can I find those things?

Sensei: Not my problem~ Have fun~! And don't die!
Oh, this could actually work pretty nicely~

... Certainly a lot better than the system of trying to craft something unique and interesting for each player... *shivers*

I like it! \(^^)/

Reactions: GM

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
:blob_blank: Um... You seem spooky and scary! I guess uh... you can have your 25 EXP and 1G!

Just don't hurt me! Eep!
Feeling like I should earn some money for now, but without being particularly attracted to any of the jobs we had available at the moment, I figured I'd take a look at the pile of unappraised reports that were waiting for someone to go through.

I ended up finding this very... Simple report, I suppose.

"I have to wonder what kind of creature was there and what did they do during your watch... Are you sure you weren't dreaming?

"At the same time, I don't remember hearing any ruckus last night, so I suppose there were no issues during your watch... Still, please be more careful next time and be sure to stay awake the whole time.

"I'll give you a partial reward, may the gods guide your path, and hopefully it will be more fruitful next time."

Final Reward:
Exp: 10
Money: 1G

What do we do if our quest gets evaluated twice? Take the first one, the better one, or the worse one?:blob_hmm:

Llamadragon

Hey if our characters want to issue a quest, can we use guild funds or do they need to make a bunch of money first?

GM

Hey if our characters want to issue a quest, can we use guild funds or do they need to make a bunch of money first?
If it’s something that benefits the guild/city, yes!

Although if it is a big plot thing, it might be good to check first.

You can also make up NPCs to issue quests.

kilnareth

bee woop.

Btw, wanted to ask since the adventurers can evaluate other adventurer's reports, can our characters use those reports as gathering information for future reference?

Reactions: GM

kilnareth

Also, I proclaim myself as the first follower of the World of Tonia!

Yeet!

GM

bee woop.

Btw, wanted to ask since the adventurers can evaluate other adventurer's reports, can our characters use those reports as gathering information for future reference?
Yup! Any member of the guild can access the guild archives, which is a giant storeroom full of papers and request reports and memos. It might take a while to sift through, but there is probably valuable information there!

Yorth

Swordman
Here you go!

Is there any way it can be open for public editing or do we need to assign some people to copy stuff over?
Added!

I don't think there is a way to make it open for public editing but I'm not sure, I'm new to the platform as well. Either way, we can have multiple editors so that it's easier for us to manage.