Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
The adventurer stared at the request, rather hesitant. Her eyebrows were furrowed with worry.

Will the quest still be considered a pass if I accidentally killed the bandit?

While it seemed like she was worried about the wrong thing, it's true that the target this time was human. Therefore, for herself, who was a human, to potentially end another human's life---

What if he has circumstances that led to him becoming a bandit? Should I just let him attack first so I can claim self-defence later?

---No, young lady. Are you sure that's what you're supposed to be worried about right now?

*****​

One seriously perplexed girl was standing a little ways off the main road, thinking about things as she walked. Not paying particular attention to the road, she would run into something every now and then.

*Bam*

"Sorry! Hmm, I don't know..."

*Bam*

"Ow! Sorry about that! Maybe I should ask first---"

*Bam*

"Owwie! Sorry!"

"No problem, kiddo. If you want to apologise, you can give me everything you're wearing now."

The girl looked up to the third obstacle she had ran into; a big guy in rags, a sword hanging by his side. One second, two seconds, three seconds...

"You're a bandit!"

"Uhm...yeah. In case that wasn't obvious enough by my outfit, yes, I am a bandit. Now hand over all your valuables!...Umm..."

Vicious had a worried look on her face.

"Mister Bandit, were you disowned by your family because your fetish for girl clothing was discovered?"

"...Haaah?"

"Doesn't seem so...do you have a family member who's fallen ill, maybe? Like, your son or daughter caught a rare disease and urgently needs money to see the doctor?"

"No!"

"Uhm, uhmm, uhmmm…Your wife cheated on you with another man, so you became a bandit to get revenge and burn down his estate!"

"I don't HAVE a wife! Why are you asking me this?!"

"Ah?! Then, then, I know! You and the local lord's daughter fell in love with each other, but because of your lowly birth, her father exiled you! So you're here waiting for when she sneaks out of the house in a carriage and comes to elope with you!"

"WHY IS IT GETTING WORSE?!"

Frowning, Vicious pondered extremely deeply before striking the palm of her hand with a fist.

"That's not it either?! Then...Oh, I get it! You are part of the rebel movement to overthrow the monarchy and seize the means of production, but have temporarily taken up the cover of bandits!"

"That sounds great---I mean, NO! Why would I do anything of that kind?!"

Vicious went >.<).

"None of those...I get it! Your dream is to amass a crew to find the OnO POece to become the POrate KiOg!"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

"You really don't have any problems? No hidden fetishes, no sick relatives, no grudge against someone who did you wrong, no cheating or non-existent wife, and you're not part of some revolutionary movement?"

"NO! None of those! I'm perfectly fine!"

"Really? Thank god..."

The girl wiped away the tear trickling out of her eye in relief...
...And in the next moment her face darkened, the relieved smile replaced by a frightening ear-to-ear grin. A rumbling noise came out of her throat as she stepped forward. The bandit nervously took a step back.

"Since you have no exceptional circumstances...I'll have to trouble you to take a walk with me. The quest won't settle itself, hehe..."

"What are you talking about! Get away from me, girl!"

*Wham*

As the dust settled from the man faceplanting into the dirt, a bruise starting to swell on his forehead, Vicious dusted her hands in satisfaction.

Phew, stress gone. I should do this again whenever I feel too tense. Now, back to Scribel!
You adventures worry me sometimes... :sweating_profusely:
  • EXP: 200
  • Money: 20G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.
OOC: Daily cost of living is 10G.

Zoey

Mustachu
We connect two villages to Scribel.

Short on food supplies during the last few days

Wolves sighting in the west

No monster disrupting our work so far

Nothing strange happened
We always need people on road construction, here's your reward.
  • EXP: 90
  • Money: 50G
OOC: Please mark your original post in some way to indicate that it as been filed. Thanks.

Zoey

Mustachu
+ + +
Slime Subjugation
SponsorLocationRequirements
Adventurer's GuildScribel CityLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
EXPGoldItems
7510Gn/a
+ + +

Quest Report:

Reis is an adventurer in the city of Scribel. The sewer in the city of scribel is infested with slimes, and it is her job to kill them and take their slime core. She enter the sewer and see the slime horde she must subjugate. As she observe, she find out that it's a large group of slime that have been fighting each other. Seeing this phenomenon, she look at her journal and found this entry:

Slime: A Slime is a type of creature that lives in sewers. They have no discernible form other than their slimy appearance. Their main purpose is to make your life miserable by making you waste time cleaning up after them and then eating you later when they're done.

As she approach the group, they all turn around and point at her.

Immediately, she charges and attacks the one in the front with her fist.

They are not very skilled fighters, but they recognize her as one of the few who has come here before. A small group of them attempt to attack her, but she easily dispatch them. They are just too weak. The rest of the slime horde turns their attention towards her, and she quickly put them down. As she continue to fight, she notices a strange object on the ground near some of the dead bodies. It seems like someone has placed something there.

Ignoring that strange thing, she proceed to dismantle the slime horde corpse she had fought and take their cores. She counts them, 1, 2, ..., 10. With the job done, she turns back to the guild.

Suddenly, a loud noise is heard from above. It sounds like an explosion. The entire area shakes violently, and she realizes that this was no accident. Something had detonated in the sewers!

A large amount of smoke rises up into the air, and she can smell death everywhere. She run out of the way as soon as possible, but it is already too late. The smoke clears away, revealing a huge hole in the ceiling where several feet of earth were blown off.

She sees a lot of slime corpse around her. The explosion had taken a lot of them in one go. As she gazes at the destruction, the noise from two people distracts her.

It seems that they were the one who made that explosion. Their face are showing a grinning expression as they shouted something. Her ears are still ringing from that explosion. Before those men accuse her from stealing their prey, she left and report back to the adventurer guild.
Ten cores received, here's your reward.
EXPGoldItems
7510Gn/a

Zoey

Mustachu
Dire Wolf Subjugation
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Eliminate dire wolves.
  • Collect 3 dire wolf pelts.
Explanation:
Dire wolves are fearsome creatures known to attack humans. Hunt them to keep make the forest a safer place.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 180
  • Money: 30G

Quest Report:

After my last quest, I wanted something easy to do that wouldn't take much time. This quest seemed perfect for that. By the break of dawn, I made my way towards the forest to hunt for dire wolves. I already knew that there were sightings of wolves in the eastern side of the forest, so I made my way straight there. Using my mana eyes, I was quickly able to find a pack of three.

Two miniature suns, kaboom, they were dead. Their skin was burnt, but I skinned them regardless. Nothing said that the pelts had to be in perfect shape, right? I left the bodies to the beasts and made my way back to the city. The whole quest didn't take me more thank a few hours to complete. A drastic change compared to my usual ones.
You completed the quest so here's your reward.
  • EXP: 180

Feathers95

> > >
Repairing Damage
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Visit your boss in the engineering department.
  • Spend a day repairing damaged structures.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
With all the monster attacks and bad weather we get every week...
It's surprising that the city hasn't fallen down yet.
The engineering department gets work orders from all over the Scribel Region.
Pothole in the sewers? Goblins burned downed your barn?
Rock slide on the road? If it's broken, we come fix it!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
Quest Report (1)
Name
: Zombo
Level: 1 (0 EXP)
Quest: Repairing Damage
Evaluation:
  • Removed a rock slide on the road West of Scribel City
  • Killed a stray giant rat and ate it
Feeling that he had explored Scibel City long enough, Zombo finally decided to take up a quest. Since he needed sunlight so often, he picked up the first one he found that was based outdoors. It seemed the first step was to talk to the leader of some kind of engineering department? Although he wished the instructions were a bit clearer, after asking around and unintentionally scaring some people, he made his way to the correct office building. Despite being a fantasy world, this city sure had a lot of humans, causing him to stand out a little bit more than he was used to. To be honest, he was a little shy, but it was hard for him to show it on his face covered by bark and leaves.

After scaring the living daylights out of his boss, he was hurriedly stuffed with a report about a recent storm blowing down a tree, which consequently blocked one of the roads to the West. Calmly, heading towards his destination, he was greeted by the sight of a mess of rocks and trees blocking the road. It seemed the report didn't quite depict the truth of the situation huh. Regardless, Zombo knew what his task was and calmly started digging away at the rock pile. Fortunately, since nature was abundant here, he was able to bind the bigger rocks with vines to make it easier for him to move them out of the way. After clearing away the rock slide, Zombo moved on to the fallen trees which were much easier for him to handle, since he was kind of a tree himself.

Before he knew it, time had passed until it was already midnight. Since he only completed one task, he was a little worried whether he'd actually completed the quest, but he decided to report back regardless. On his way back to the guildhall, he encountered a stray giant rat that had escaped from the sewers. After being clawed at everywhere and finally skewering the rat to pieces, he ate it to appease his hunger and continued on his way. He was kind of bleeding, since the rat had scratched him so much that some of his bark had fallen away. But hopefully the guild staff wouldn't be too bothered about that.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report (1)
Name
Level: 1 (0 EXP)
Quest: Repairing Damage
Evaluation:
  • Removed a rock slide on the road West of Scribel City
  • Killed a stray giant rat and ate it
Feeling that he had explored Scibel City long enough, Zombo finally decided to take up a quest. Since he needed sunlight so often, he picked up the first one he found that was based outdoors. It seemed the first step was to talk to the leader of some kind of engineering department? Although he wished the instructions were a bit clearer, after asking around and unintentionally scaring some people, he made his way to the correct office building. Despite being a fantasy world, this city sure had a lot of humans, causing him to stand out a little bit more than he was used to. To be honest, he was a little shy, but it was hard for him to show it on his face covered by bark and leaves.

After scaring the living daylights out of his boss, he was hurriedly stuffed with a report about a recent storm blowing down a tree, which consequently blocked one of the roads to the West. Calmly, heading towards his destination, he was greeted by the sight of a mess of rocks and trees blocking the road. It seemed the report didn't quite depict the truth of the situation huh. Regardless, Zombo knew what his task was and calmly started digging away at the rock pile. Fortunately, since nature was abundant here, he was able to bind the bigger rocks with vines to make it easier for him to move them out of the way. After clearing away the rock slide, Zombo moved on to the fallen trees which were much easier for him to handle, since he was kind of a tree himself.

Before he knew it, time had passed until it was already midnight. Since he only completed one task, he was a little worried whether he'd actually completed the quest, but he decided to report back regardless. On his way back to the guildhall, he encountered a stray giant rat that had escaped from the sewers. After being clawed at everywhere and finally skewering the rat to pieces, he ate it to appease his hunger and continued on his way. He was kind of bleeding, since the rat had scratched him so much that some of his bark had fallen away. But hopefully the guild staff wouldn't be too bothered about that.
Well done on your first Quest.

Feathers95

Charity Work
Objectives:
  • Visit a local temple or orphanage.
  • Collect donations, food, and medical supplies from civilians.
  • Volunteer your time to help the needy.
Living in a frontier city has its tough moments.
Scribel City has high numbers of orphans and disabled veterans,
and the places that support them are overcrowded.
There simply isn't enough government money to help them all.
Will you step in to lend a hand?
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
Quest Report (2)
Name
Level: 1 (40 EXP)
Quest: Charity Work
Evaluation:
  • Collected donations from passing citizens for the local temple
The next day, after cleaning himself in the nearby river and eating some meat at the tavern, Zombo once again set out for another quest very early in the morning. This time, he set himself up for... charity work? Wait a second, he swore he picked the Harvest Season quest, how on earth did this happen? He wasn't a nice guy, the number of humans he had eaten in the past numbered the hundreds, which he didn't feel guilty about at all. Why on earth would he have picked this? Also he was a god damn tree monster, how on earth was he supposed to get donations or help people? It was more like he was going to give them a heart attack instead...

After thinking through his options for a while, he came up with a stroke of genius! He suddenly headed over to the road west and started making a box and a sign out of wood from the fallen trees of his previous quest, which he used to carve out some lettering reading 'Donate here!'. Afterwards, he headed out to a nearby temple and stood beside it. After ensuring nobody was watching, which wasn't hard since it was still early in the morning, he shifted himself into a more tree-like appearance with a hollow hole in his trunk, where he placed the box and the sign.

Soon, people started trickling out of their homes and going about their daily business. Although there wasn't much progress at first, as more and more people entered the streets, he started receiving some donations! Excess healing herbs, some packaged food, a few gold coins, all slowly made their way into the donation box. Obviously, there were unpleasant people who tried to steal the goods from the seemingly unguarded donation box, but all Zombo had to do was shake his branches and leaves menacingly to scare them off. A few people questioned why there was a tree here when there wasn't before, causing Zombo to sweat slightly, but they just assumed the city recently started planting more trees around or something.

After sitting there till midnight, when all was still and quiet again on the streets, Zombo transformed back and closed the donation box with a makeshift lid. Then, he knocked on the door of the temple, put the box down, and ran behind a corner. After ensuring that the goods were successfully taken in, he went back to the guildhall to report his work. He didn't achieve the other two objectives today either, but he hoped he would at least get something for his efforts.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report (2)
Name
Level: 1 (40 EXP)
Quest: Charity Work
Evaluation:
  • Collected donations from passing citizens for the local temple
The next day, after cleaning himself in the nearby river and eating some meat at the tavern, Zombo once again set out for another quest very early in the morning. This time, he set himself up for... charity work? Wait a second, he swore he picked the Harvest Season quest, how on earth did this happen? He wasn't a nice guy, the number of humans he had eaten in the past numbered the hundreds, which he didn't feel guilty about at all. Why on earth would he have picked this? Also he was a god damn tree monster, how on earth was he supposed to get donations or help people? It was more like he was going to give them a heart attack instead...

After thinking through his options for a while, he came up with a stroke of genius! He suddenly headed over to the road west and started making a box and a sign out of wood from the fallen trees of his previous quest, which he used to carve out some lettering reading 'Donate here!'. Afterwards, he headed out to a nearby temple and stood beside it. After ensuring nobody was watching, which wasn't hard since it was still early in the morning, he shifted himself into a more tree-like appearance with a hollow hole in his trunk, where he placed the box and the sign.

Soon, people started trickling out of their homes and going about their daily business. Although there wasn't much progress at first, as more and more people entered the streets, he started receiving some donations! Excess healing herbs, some packaged food, a few gold coins, all slowly made their way into the donation box. Obviously, there were unpleasant people who tried to steal the goods from the seemingly unguarded donation box, but all Zombo had to do was shake his branches and leaves menacingly to scare them off. A few people questioned why there was a tree here when there wasn't before, causing Zombo to sweat slightly, but they just assumed the city recently started planting more trees around or something.

After sitting there till midnight, when all was still and quiet again on the streets, Zombo transformed back and closed the donation box with a makeshift lid. Then, he knocked on the door of the temple, put the box down, and ran behind a corner. After ensuring that the goods were successfully taken in, he went back to the guildhall to report his work. He didn't achieve the other two objectives today either, but he hoped he would at least get something for his efforts.
Well done you weren't going to receive a reward for charity work the quest is more so just a formality.
OOC: I don't consider exp to be something the guild gives you, it's something the person doing the evaluation decides ooc based on how much work your character does.
  • 25 EXP

XianPiete

Bad Fiction Author
Quest Report: [Filed]
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 2) (EXP 200) (Money 13G)
Quest: Giant Rat Subsigation
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of defending the city of Scribel from the infestation of giant rats. I decided that what I would do was create a large humane rat trap using several large barrels, some scrap food and simple trap door lids on the barrels. The rats would climb up on to a platform that would allow the giant rats to simply fall into the barrels. Unfortunately, I was not prepared for just how many rats I would collect by this method. Each of the barrels is now filled with several hundred giant rats which are beginning to chew through the barrels in order to prove that I did finish this quest several times over I brought the trapped rats to guard station. The Guards were very rude to me and demanded that I slay all the rats on the spot, which I, of course, did leading to several of the guards and some innocent bystanders becoming ill thanks to the smell of the burning rats. The guards tried to argue with me that my catch wouldn't count because the rat's tails were burned. I demand satisfaction! I believe that my method of disposing of the giant rats was the most hygienic way possible! The quick count of rats that I exterminated was over 300. It was impossible to get an accurate count do to the nature of the traps. I believe that I should be compensated for completing this quest fifteen times.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman

> > >
Giant Rat Subjugation
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel City Sewers.
  • Dispose of the corpses.
  • Collect 20 giant rat tails.
The Scribel City Sewers are notorious for being invested with various critters.
Overgrown giant rats are a concern because they can spread disease.
While not too dangerous, they are agile and difficult to catch.
Rewards:
> > >

Last edited:
Reactions: GM

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report:
Character: Robert Von Ducksmouth (Level 2) (EXP 200) (Money 13G)
Quest: Giant Rat Subsigation
Report:

To whom it may concern,

I, Robert Von Ducksmouth, took up the task of defending the city of Scribel from the infestation of giant rats. I decided that what I would do was create a large humane rat trap using several large barrels, some scrap food and simple trap door lids on the barrels. The rats would climb up on to a platform that would allow the giant rats to simply fall into the barrels. Unfortunately, I was not prepared for just how many rats I would collect by this method. Each of the barrels is now filled with several hundred giant rats which are beginning to chew through the barrels in order to prove that I did finish this quest several times over I brought the trapped rats to guard station. The Guards were very rude to me and demanded that I slay all the rats on the spot, which I, of course, did leading to several of the guards and some innocent bystanders becoming ill thanks to the smell of the burning rats. The guards tried to argue with me that my catch wouldn't count because the rat's tails were burned. I demand satisfaction! I believe that my method of disposing of the giant rats was the most hygienic way possible! The quick count of rats that I exterminated was over 300. It was impossible to get an accurate count do to the nature of the traps. I believe that I should be compensated for completing this quest fifteen times.

Good day,
Robert Von Ducksmouth
Swordsman
How big are those fucking barrels? Were they just regular rats or something?

As you have no rat tails as proof I can not give you the full reward. but considering the amount of complaints about the smell I can assume you did in fact complete the quest.
  • Money: 5 G

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
+ + +
Slime Subjugation
SponsorLocationRequirements
Adventurer's GuildScribel CityLevel 1
ObjectivesDescription
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
EXPGoldItems
7510Gn/a
+ + +
well when I saw this job I thought to myself if I could see my limits and just maybe get to see what I can do just killing some smiles nya.

which I started by going to the first slime and just punched through grabbing the core and in a instant the slime just fizzed out into thin air nya. which made me realized how extremely weak slimes were until I gotten the 3rd slime core I decided to rest a a bit by sitting down at tree nya.

not because i wanted to sleep nya. but to remember all the good times I have with my brother before did even return his...

*Blob CULP BLOB KAKA BOOM!!!*

My cat like sense were going of like crazy as I lept off the ground doing a back flip as I landed on softly on the ground with my fists held high as I see a giant slime ate the tree like it was nothing to him as I'm left in shocked of how massive the slime is nya.

with my first move being a dash towards him as I was planning to stun him enough to grab the core to kill it nya.

but what really happened was that uh...I got violated by the giant slime that made me felt in some ways wanted me have a couple of slimes to violate me more as I organism in pleasure as some fluids come out me as I shocked the remaining slimes and just in time before I went to sleep nya.

But the nap was short because my stomach was rumbling for food but my eyes were barely opening until I felt something soft and tender go into my mouth bursting with flavor nya.which made me savor all of it until my eyes fully open as I saw a golden Shining slime color faded as it became a hollow she'll as I realized that I was help by a enemy then a partner then to a friend that sacrificed his own well being for.

Tears drop from my eyes as I write this nya.

Not because of loss of my brother but at Lost of a friend that could have helped me along my journey nya. but "that's not how life goes my little loafer."is what my brother would say a few years ago when I lost my 30th match of hide and seek balling my eyes out of quickly he found me but the way he calmed me down is by smiling to me saying "Well If you want I got something for you I got from one my adventurers." which surprised me a alot nya as I really wanted to adventurer ever since I was little but that's another story for another time nya.

I wanted to tell you how I killed and escaped the slimy grasp of the giant slime monster nya.

Which was by overloading and bursting the slime core inside it using most of my lighting magic on him while being violated to the where climaxed and I don't want to go into too much detail but I did some really naughty things with the other slimes I encountered while getting a total of 11 good slime cores and 2 badly damaged slime cores that's all i'm writing about nyaaa.

(this was all did in 1st person but I don't know how bad it is since I lost the draft fucking yesterday last night but I hope this get approved @GM

Feathers95

Harvest Season
Objectives:
  • Assist a farmer with their crops.
  • Chase away any pests.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Farmers in the Scribel Region are always in need of temporary labor.
Head out to rural farmland and get reconnected with nature.
Beware: Pests and bugs are slightly bigger here than you might expect!
Rewards:
  • Other: A basket of fresh produce
Quest Report (3)
Name
Level: 1 (65 EXP)
Quest: Harvest Season
Evaluation:
  • Helped old Hugh with watering, fertilizing and weeding his field of wheat.
  • Killed a few wandering giant bugs and ate them.
This time, Zombo was sure he had applied for the correct quest. After heading west for a while towards the farmlands, he was quite amazed by how far they stretched across the horizon. He heard that there was also a village somewhere over there, which he should maybe go visit sometime. Anyway, after successfully scaring, surprising and chatting with a farmer for a bit, he started assisting him in weeding, watering and fertilizing his field of wheat. The old farmer, named Hugh, was someone who had lived in Scribel for more than thirty years, and was plenty used to seeing strange races and creatures arriving from the world gate of Tonia, hence he didn't hold any ill will towards Zombo's monstrous appearance.

He patiently taught Zombo many things about agriculture, particularly about grains which were his speciality, and told him lots of fun little stories. Zombo oddly felt at peace whilst working alongside this strange old man. This was one of the first times someone had actually talked to him in this world, hence even though the work was mundane, he felt compelled to come here again. After killing a few more giant caterpillars and beetles by shifting his arm into a sharp lance-like shape and eating them, he waved goodbye to old Hugh with a small smile hidden beneath his outer layer of bark.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Quest Report (3)
Name
Level: 1 (65 EXP)
Quest: Harvest Season
Evaluation:
  • Helped old Hugh with watering, fertilizing and weeding his field of wheat.
  • Killed a few wandering giant bugs and ate them.
This time, Zombo was sure he had applied for the correct quest. After heading west for a while towards the farmlands, he was quite amazed by how far they stretched across the horizon. He heard that there was also a village somewhere over there, which he should maybe go visit sometime. Anyway, after successfully scaring, surprising and chatting with a farmer for a bit, he started assisting him in weeding, watering and fertilizing his field of wheat. The old farmer, named Hugh, was someone who had lived in Scribel for more than thirty years, and was plenty used to seeing strange races and creatures arriving from the world gate of Tonia, hence he didn't hold any ill will towards Zombo's monstrous appearance.

He patiently taught Zombo many things about agriculture, particularly about grains which were his speciality, and told him lots of fun little stories. Zombo oddly felt at peace whilst working alongside this strange old man. This was one of the first times someone had actually talked to him in this world, hence even though the work was mundane, he felt compelled to come here again. After killing a few more giant caterpillars and beetles by shifting his arm into a sharp lance-like shape and eating them, he waved goodbye to old Hugh with a small smile hidden beneath his outer layer of bark.
Glad you had fun, here's your reward.
  • Other: A basket of fresh produce

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Demonic Circles
Sponsor
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
Rewards:
  • EXP: 130
"This was not a pleasant experience..." *slowly puts down a report of my recent experiences in the guild's counter*

There were... Far too many reports about demonic activity in the city, to the point even the quest to investigate it was outdated in the number of sources...

This is too troubling, why would the goddess send me to a world with this much demonic activity in it? I thought I'd finally find peace in here, but it seems I was mistaken. I prayed for the city's safety and decided to head out.

However, by now the sources were so many that I didn't even know which one to start from. There was an orphanage filled with demonized children, a jail with a possibly possessed man and a man that knew too much on the matter, hidden paths within the sewers with demonic cults, and even an abandoned house owned by an apothecary with it I believe? Or was that related to the slime outbreak...? My memory was starting to confuse things up due to how many remarkable issues we've had in such a short period of time... I miss my home world.

Let's pray that at the very least there is no connection between the slimes and the demons, goddess knows how much danger could incur if those monsters became possessed...

Nonetheless, I started moving. I wasn't sure where I would go, but surely the goddess would guide my path.

Until I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, and my vision went dark.

----------------------------

By the time I woke up, I noticed a few things. First, my holy tools were missing, neither my branch nor my talismans were with me.
And secondly, I was tied to a small cage in a dark place. I remembered the reports of children being turned into demons after being locked in those cages, so I thought I was in one of these places at first.

However, I was alone in here. The thought that they maybe didn't have time to capture new children crossed my mind, but... This was not it, my cage was the only cage in this dungeon... Why was I brought here then? Was it just a coincidence that I was captured while I was going to investigate the demons? Or was there some other purpose?

I tried thinking about it, but there was hardly any conclusion I could arrive to while alone in a dark cage... After some time, my stomach rumbled and my throat felt dry... Yet I had no food to eat nor water to drink... I doubt their plan was to starve me to death, as they could have just killed me while I was unconscious in that case, though I have to wonder why imprison me like this then...

Some time passed, I don't know how much because I couldn't see the sun, nor hear the temple bells from wherever I was. It must be somewhat far from the city though, otherwise I should be able to hear the bells, even from within the sewer I believe.

I spent the hours in silent prayer, I'm sure I was brought here for a reason, The Goddess knows what she does, things will be safe, I just need to wait until the time is right.

Eventually, a door opened. Two men in pitch black robes got near and dragged me out of my cell wordlessly, it was hard to walk with my feet tied to one another, and it was very uncomfortable to move with my hands tied together as well, but I did not complain, I knew it would be futile.

Instead, I asked a single question, "May I know why you have imprisoned a servant of The Goddess?"

One of them answered, "You will know soon." And that was all I got from him. I did not expect much, but it was still disheartening to know nothing about my current circumstances.

For some reason however, I was not scared. I thought I'd be filled with fear when I faced my demise, just like how I felt it when I ran from the temple as the head priestess protected us... Yet this time, I was calm. I had faith in The Goddess, for she had brought me to this world for a reason... I did not believe it was my time yet, I had yet to do my job in this world yet.

Whatever was coming ahead of me, was not my end. Deep down, I knew of it.

I was dragged for quite some time through dark corridors. I do not believe we walked a long distance though, as my pace was very slow due to my tied feet, and the men dragging me did not particularly try to make me move faster. Either they weren't in a hurry, or it was not time yet, I believed it was the latter.

Eventually, we left the dungeon and went to an open space. I could see the full moon above us, near its zenith... Then it is close to midnight already? It was early morning when I left the guild, so at least half a day passed, maybe more, I don't know how long I slept for.

In the middle of the room there was a red circle with multiple glyphs engraved in it, it was surrounded by 6 tall black pillars, and in front of four of those pillars, 4 men in black robes awaited.

The two men that have been with me from the start dragged me to the center of the circle and forced me to crouch down. Then, they tied me to 6 pitch black ropes that came from the pillars, essentially locking me in place. Once that was done, they moved to the two remaining black pillars.

This was obviously a ritual, and considering the smell of iron that filled the room, it was most likely a ritual made by the sacrifice of blood. I assumed this meant I was going to be a sacrifice for something, but... Why me? This kind of unholy ritual was against everything any religion preached against, so what was the point of taking a servant of The Goddess? Wouldn't The Goddess protection actively interfere with their goals?

I was confused, it not make any sense for me to die here... Rather, I knew I was not going to die today, The Goddess did not bring me to this world to die for an unholy ritual, I knew that much.

Then what could the reason for me to be here be...? If I am not here to die, then it must be to... Save?

My mind became surprisingly clear. I did not understand the circles surrounding me, but I understood one thing. That which is summoned by blood, will always hunger for more of what was given to it. Whatever comes out of this ritual will not be satisfied by this circle alone, nor will my life quench its thirst... It will demand more, it will demand the blood from the very people that have brought it upon this world.

I needed to save these men. And so I spoke to them, "Please stop this. You're handling powers beyond your comprehension." They stayed silent, I suppose they already expected some resistance... But this was wrong. "You do not understand, this ritual will fail. Sacrificing a servant of The Goddess will not bring what you desire. You'll only face your own demise if you move forward with this." I told them... Yet once more, they ignored my warnings.

I started crying... Such poor souls... Please Goddess, help me save them. "I beg of you... Don't throw your lives away in vain like this."

Nothing. Once again, nothing, they were blinded by their desires and couldn't see the wishes of those right in front of them... They're so pitiful... I'm sorry for failing them, my Goddess, please grant them a safe passage to the heavens.

When the moon reached its zenith, the men started chanting something in a language I didn't understand. The Blood Red Circle shone brightly, and dark powers started emerging from the top of the stone pillars and slowly descend towards the men.

I was scared. I started chanting prayers to the goddess, asking her to protect them from that which they summoned...

It was futile. When the dark aura reached their bodies, it started consuming them alive, they started shouting, wriggling in pain, yet unable to move away from their spots. They asked why it was happening, they shouted that this was not what they were promised, that this was all wrong... And I prayed... I prayed they'd have a safe passage, and that their suffering did not last for long.

Once their bodies were no more, the darkness moved through the blood on the ground and consumed it all as well... And at last, it arrived at me. It surrounded me for a while, it was... Trying to come in I believe, yet it was finding no opening... That is what it looked like...

It was a curious being, it did not seem to be hostile... Perhaps then... It meant no harm at all.

I decided to trust those instincts and said, "May we talk?"

The dark clouds surrounding me stopped for a second. And then, it laughed, I heard laugher fill the entire room, until it moved away from me and condensed itself into a physical being that sat right in front of me.

It was clearly... A demon. A pitch black demon, even its eyes were pure black, almost as if it was darkness itself materialized... Yet it did not seem to be antagonistic to me, it was such a curious being...

At the same time, it was certainly imposing. When standing on its feet, it would possibly be over 3m tall, it had sharp horns coming out of its head and deformed bat-like wings coming out of its back. Its mouth contained teeth that looked more like fangs and that could easily rip out flesh if it so desired... It was certainly a very powerful being.

Right now however, it just seemed intrigued. It looked straight into my eyes and spoke, "Talk, you say? That is certainly amusing... Alright, let us talk. Try convincing me why I should not accept the sacrifice that my followers so dutifully offered me." The voice it had was masculine, I wasn't quite sure if this being had a gender or not, but if it hadn't, it certainly tried to appear as a male. I decided to respect that and refer to it as so.

Regardless of that, I tried thinking about his last statement. It seems like I was indeed a sacrifice? Though that was not what this looked like, I do not believe my life is in danger right now, from the very start I felt safe... Perhaps I was offered as one, but he decided to not claim it? Although that also looks wrong, he certainly did try to just a small while back...

I wasn't quite certain what all this entailed, however... "I don't believe I need to convince you though?" I answered him.

He seemed to be amused, "You don't? Does that mean you do not mind if I took your life away right now?" He said while lifting my chin with one of his large fingers. At their tip were such large and sharp nails that could possibly be considered claws. It wouldn't take much more of a sweep of his hand to take my head off for sure.

And yet, he did not scare me. This demon did not want to kill me. "I would certainly mind it, yet I do not believe you intend to take it." I answered him clearly.

He seemed surprised by my answer. He did not admit to it however, playing the game of a scary evil demon for a while longer I suppose, I wonder if that was his form of amusement. "I don't? Quite cheeky of you to say that when my servants died just to give me your pretty life?" He said while licking his lips. The way he behaved was so... Hard to understand? What was he supposed to gain from this futile play?

Unless he was trying to elicit a reaction from me? In that case... "Fear. That's what you are, you're a fear demon. You feed on other people's fears and uses it to empower yourself.

"However, you're not sensing any fear from me at the moment, so you're seeing no reason to consume me right now."

Once again, he seemed to be quite surprised... And then, he laughed. He took his hand off me and put it back on the ground while he laughed to his heart content... And only after he seemed to get tired of it, he said, "Bingo. I have to say you really surprised me though, girl. Most priests desperately beg for their deities to save them when they are offered for a demonic sacrifice... And that only makes them more delicious."

"Most, you say? This means I'm not the first one to not show fear, correct?" I asked.

He snapped his fingers before answering, "Correct! You're sharp.

"There are always those that don't have many emotions left on them, or that are simply at peace with the thought of death, and... Yanno, you probably understand those priests better than I do." I nodded in response, "But you're a first to me. You do not seem like those types... Why are you not in fear?"

I answered honestly, "I simply believed The Goddess did not send me to this world to die before I could make anything for her. She has guided me here for a reason, and while I may not know the reason yet, I was certain it was not to die in a demonic ritual.

"And therefore, I wasn't afraid of death, because I knew I was not going to die here."

This made him laugh even more than before. Until eventually he said, "So you're saying your belief in your goddess is so firm that you aren't going to face death until you have served her enough?" I nodded, to which he laughed again. Not for long this time, because he suddenly got his face extremely close to mine, to the point his horns almost pierced my ears. "Do you realize what nonsense you're spouting!? You think your goddess can control fate!? That she can stop me from killing you? That she can save you from this unsalvageable situation!?"

I shook my head and calmly answered, "I do not believe she is that powerful, for The Goddess must also respect the boundaries that the other gods have set upon this world.

"However, I do not believe this situation is unsalvageable either. You do not wish to kill me... What you really want is... Amusement." I wasn't sure what made me choose this word, but as it left my mouth, I realized how true that is. "You kill humans for nourishment, while that is not something I can condone, it is something I can understand. Just like humans kill pigs for their meat, you kill humans for their fear... It is the cycle of life, that is not something neither me nor The Goddess can interfere with.

"But right now, I am not a source of nourishment for you, so... If you wish to talk, then it must be because you gain something from it... I amuse you."

Once more, the demon started laughing. And once more, he looked at me with an amused expression, "Bingo!" He said. "You're quite amusing for a priestess, I usually expect something along the lines of rites of banishment or threats about how my kind wasn't going to get away with this, and how their gods would give divine retribution and yada yada yada, I'm sure you know this kind of priest talk pretty well, don'tcha?" I nodded to his question.

He then continued, "But you instead just look at me with this neutral stare like this is just yet another everyday occurrence to you. It's funny! Makes me wonder what would it take to make you cower in fear like most of them did." He said while once more licking his lips.

I then replied, "The Goddess does not condone causing ill to any other being. May it be a human with whom I had a disagreement with, a rabbit that I wish to eat, or a demon that wishes to consume me. The Goddess believes in spreading the love to all beings across all worlds. The minimum I can do, is to follow her words and let them guide my path."

He had a... Charming smile on his face, it was not the kind of expression I expected to see. "I like you. You know what, I might let you go... Let's make a deal, kay? A priestess making a deal with the devil, how amusing." He started laughing to himself.

That however, conflicted me, The Goddess did not recommend dealing with demonkind, her teachings preach about how trickery they can be, and how their words might not mean that which you expect them to... And judging from what happened to the men that brought me here, I had a hard time accepting his proposal.

On the other had, this demon seemed to have no intention of lying to me... At most, his words seemed to try to trick me into believing something, when they actually mean something else... Perhaps this is all a game to him, and perhaps he'll truly release me if I follow along.

I decided to trust him on that, and was about to ask about the deal, but... I remembered something. Before I was knocked out, I was tasked with obtaining information about the demonic rituals for the guild, not to just meet up with a demon... The Goddess sent me here for a reason, if it wasn't to save those poor souls, perhaps it was to avoid more of them lost their lives in those attempts.

And so, I decided to ask him some things. "Before that, I have a few questions, if I may." He gestured for me to go on. "First would be... Why take the lives of your very servants? Those poor men lost their lives trying to bring you here, it felt like the loss of their lives was futile.

"Secondly would be... Why priests as sacrifices? Wouldn't it be safer to take someone without holy powers instead? If one was able to cast even without their holy relics, couldn't they actually endanger you?

"And third... Are there more of your cultists trying to summon you to the region near the City of Scribel?"

He seemed to ponder for a few seconds before saying, "I can answer those if I want... But why should I?" He grinned.

Not entirely unexpected though, I already had an answer for that. "Because you want me to amuse you by playing the deal game with you. In that case, I also want to be amused first by having my questions answered." I wasn't sure if that was enough, but it was the best answer I had.

He laughed, as usual. "You know what? I liked you, I'll, as you said, 'amuse you' and answer the questions.

"I took their lives because those guys were idiots. Trying to summon a fear demon while they themselves were scared of me? I won't turn away free food, that's what. It's certainly much easier than following whatever request they have in exchange for one single fearful sacrifice that in this case wasn't even scared of me.

"As for priests? Because they're tasty. It always makes for a wonderful meal to eat those beings that are so full of themselves and faithful in their deities, to them start screaming like a child and begging their gods that 'abandoned' them for help.

"Not to mention I can sometimes corrupt them to my side, yanno? I can't say how fun it is to see a servant of the gods become a servant of mine, or even a lesser demon themselves... It is really really fun, ya get my drift?" I did not like the sound of that, but I still appreciated the honesty behind his words, I just prayed that The Goddess would guide me throughout the right path.

"And if there are more of my servants? There are some, though they aren't the biggest sect in here. The biggest one prefers to kidnap children and turn them into demons and stuff... Really creepy stuff, yanno? It's really hard to control child demons, they're just so... Fickle. And bloodthirsty, they don't comprehend the intricacies of making people do rituals to get food for you... Judging from your expression, you already met some of those?" He said while grinning.

I shook my head though, "Not directly at least. Though I heard the tales of those that did... It was disconcerting. I was actually going to try researching more into them before being brought here... I suppose those plans are foiled already."

He laughed once more, "They certainly are! You should be worrying about keeping your own life right now, not about other demonic cults!" Then he suddenly turned serious, "Well, does that answer your questions, little lady?"

I nodded, and then replied. "Thank you for taking the time to clarify those things... Now then, what is the deal?"

He grinned, "It is simple. A life for a life, give me something that is worth as much as your life, and I'll let you go away freely."

So that's what it was... I suppose it can't be helped then. "I'm afraid I cannot offer you anything other than my own life to fulfill this deal's conditions though." It was a pity, whatever plan The Goddess had for me, would have to wait until my next life... My apologies.

The demon's grin got even bigger however, and for the first time since I saw him, I felt fear. He moved his lips to form a word that I could comprehend, yet did not understand the meaning of. "Deal."

And then he became mist once more, and a small part of his whole self entered my body, with the rest disappearing into thin air.

I was washed with pain, whatever he was doing, was something I desperately wanted to resist against, yet was unable to.

I'm not sure how much time passed, the moon was up in its Zenith when the ritual started, but by the time the pain subsided, it was already close to setting. I panted heavily, some parts of my body were even bleeding due to how much I struggled against the ropes that kept me in place... And then, I heard a voice in my head. "Your life is now mine, little lady. I look forward to seeing how else you'll amuse me."

Immediately after, some of his mist was exhaled from my hand and formed a small blade, which then cut off the ties that bound me.

I heaved a heavy sigh and looked up to the stars... Is this what you had planned for me, Goddess? For the first time in my life, I felt my faith wavering a bit... It seems like I'll no longer be able to make a temple in this world anymore, who'd want a possessed priestess as their head priestess...?

With a heavy heart, I left the dungeon and started walking. I wasn't sure where it would take me, but anywhere was fine, I just needed some food for now I suppose.

After some time spent foraging, and walking aimlessly, I eventually, I found a road, and in the road I waited until a merchant passed, who then kindly told me the directions to Scribel.

By the time I was back, about one week had passed since I had left... I prayed that things hadn't gotten worse in the meantime.
  • Got kidnapped by a group of cultists when I was about to start my investigation.
  • Was offered as a sacrifice to summon a Fear Demon.
  • Fear Demon consumed the summoners instead of me.
  • After chatting with the Demon for a while, got some information.
    • There is more than a single Demon Cult in the surroundings of Scribel.
    • The cult of this demon in particular isn't very big. And they use Priests as sacrifices to summon him.
    • Children possessed by demons tend to be very fickle and hard to control.
  • Got possessed by a shard of the Demon. Currently unsure of what effects this might bring.

Last edited:

Feathers95

"This was not a pleasant experience..." *slowly puts down a report of my recent experiences in the guild's counter*

There were... Far too many reports about demonic activity in the city, to the point even the quest to investigate it was outdated in the number of sources...

This is too troubling, why would the goddess send me to a world with this much demonic activity in it? I thought I'd finally find peace in here, but it seems I was mistaken. I prayed for the city's safety and decided to head out.

However, by now the sources were so many that I didn't even know which one to start from. There was an orphanage filled with demonized children, a jail with a possibly possessed man and a man that knew too much on the matter, hidden paths within the sewers with demonic cults, and even an abandoned house owned by an apothecary with it I believe? Or was that related to the slime outbreak...? My memory was starting to confuse things up due to how many remarkable issues we've had in such a short period of time... I miss my home world.

Let's pray that at the very least there is no connection between the slimes and the demons, goddess knows how much danger could incur if those monsters became possessed...

Nonetheless, I started moving. I wasn't sure where I would go, but surely the goddess would guide my path.

Until I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, and my vision went dark.

----------------------------

By the time I woke up, I noticed a few things. First, my holy tools were missing, neither my branch nor my talismans were with me.
And secondly, I was tied to a small cage in a dark place. I remembered the reports of children being turned into demons after being locked in those cages, so I thought I was in one of these places at first.

However, I was alone in here. The thought that they maybe didn't have time to capture new children crossed my mind, but... This was not it, my cage was the only cage in this dungeon... Why was I brought here then? Was it just a coincidence that I was captured while I was going to investigate the demons? Or was there some other purpose?

I tried thinking about it, but there was hardly any conclusion I could arrive to while alone in a dark cage... After some time, my stomach rumbled and my throat felt dry... Yet I had no food to eat nor water to drink... I doubt their plan was to starve me to death, as they could have just killed me while I was unconscious in that case, though I have to wonder why imprison me like this then...

Some time passed, I don't know how much because I couldn't see the sun, nor hear the temple bells from wherever I was. It must be somewhat far from the city though, otherwise I should be able to hear the bells, even from within the sewer I believe.

I spent the hours in silent prayer, I'm sure I was brought here for a reason, The Goddess knows what she does, things will be safe, I just need to wait until the time is right.

Eventually, a door opened. Two men in pitch black robes got near and dragged me out of my cell wordlessly, it was hard to walk with my feet tied to one another, and it was very uncomfortable to move with my hands tied together as well, but I did not complain, I knew it would be futile.

Instead, I asked a single question, "May I know why you have imprisoned a servant of The Goddess?"

One of them answered, "You will know soon." And that was all I got from him. I did not expect much, but it was still disheartening to know nothing about my current circumstances.

For some reason however, I was not scared. I thought I'd be filled with fear when I faced my demise, just like how I felt it when I ran from the temple as the head priestess protected us... Yet this time, I was calm. I had faith in The Goddess, for she had brought me to this world for a reason... I did not believe it was my time yet, I had yet to do my job in this world yet.

Whatever was coming ahead of me, was not my end. Deep down, I knew of it.

I was dragged for quite some time through dark corridors. I do not believe we walked a long distance though, as my pace was very slow due to my tied feet, and the men dragging me did not particularly try to make me move faster. Either they weren't in a hurry, or it was not time yet, I believed it was the latter.

Eventually, we left the dungeon and went to an open space. I could see the full moon above us, near its zenith... Then it is close to midnight already? It was early morning when I left the guild, so at least half a day passed, maybe more, I don't know how long I slept for.

In the middle of the room there was a red circle with multiple glyphs engraved in it, it was surrounded by 6 tall black pillars, and in front of four of those pillars, 4 men in black robes awaited.

The two men that have been with me from the start dragged me to the center of the circle and forced me to crouch down. Then, they tied me to 6 pitch black ropes that came from the pillars, essentially locking me in place. Once that was done, they moved to the two remaining black pillars.

This was obviously a ritual, and considering the smell of iron that filled the room, it was most likely a ritual made by the sacrifice of blood. I assumed this meant I was going to be a sacrifice for something, but... Why me? This kind of unholy ritual was against everything any religion preached against, so what was the point of taking a servant of The Goddess? Wouldn't The Goddess protection actively interfere with their goals?

I was confused, it not make any sense for me to die here... Rather, I knew I was not going to die today, The Goddess did not bring me to this world to die for an unholy ritual, I knew that much.

Then what could the reason for me to be here be...? If I am not here to die, then it must be to... Save?

My mind became surprisingly clear. I did not understand the circles surrounding me, but I understood one thing. That which is summoned by blood, will always hunger for more of what was given to it. Whatever comes out of this ritual will not be satisfied by this circle alone, nor will my life quench its thirst... It will demand more, it will demand the blood from the very people that have brought it upon this world.

I needed to save these men. And so I spoke to them, "Please stop this. You're handling powers beyond your comprehension." They stayed silent, I suppose they already expected some resistance... But this was wrong. "You do not understand, this ritual will fail. Sacrificing a servant of The Goddess will not bring what you desire. You'll only face your own demise if you move forward with this." I told them... Yet once more, they ignored my warnings.

I started crying... Such poor souls... Please Goddess, help me save them. "I beg of you... Don't throw your lives away in vain like this."

Nothing. Once again, nothing, they were blinded by their desires and couldn't see the wishes of those right in front of them... They're so pitiful... I'm sorry for failing them, my Goddess, please grant them a safe passage to the heavens.

When the moon reached its zenith, the men started chanting something in a language I didn't understand. The Blood Red Circle shone brightly, and dark powers started emerging from the top of the stone pillars and slowly descend towards the men.

I was scared. I started chanting prayers to the goddess, asking her to protect them from that which they summoned...

It was futile. When the dark aura reached their bodies, it started consuming them alive, they started shouting, wriggling in pain, yet unable to move away from their spots. They asked why it was happening, they shouted that this was not what they were promised, that this was all wrong... And I prayed... I prayed they'd have a safe passage, and that their suffering did not last for long.

Once their bodies were no more, the darkness moved through the blood on the ground and consumed it all as well... And at last, it arrived at me. It surrounded me for a while, it was... Trying to come in I believe, yet it was finding no opening... That is what it looked like...

It was a curious being, it did not seem to be hostile... Perhaps then... It meant no harm at all.

I decided to trust those instincts and said, "May we talk?"

The dark clouds surrounding me stopped for a second. And then, it laughed, I heard laugher fill the entire room, until it moved away from me and condensed itself into a physical being that sat right in front of me.

It was clearly... A demon. A pitch black demon, even its eyes were pure black, almost as if it was darkness itself materialized... Yet it did not seem to be antagonistic to me, it was such a curious being...

At the same time, it was certainly imposing. When standing on its feet, it would possibly be over 3m tall, it had sharp horns coming out of its head and deformed bat-like wings coming out of its back. Its mouth contained teeth that looked more like fangs and that could easily rip out flesh if it so desired... It was certainly a very powerful being.

Right now however, it just seemed intrigued. It looked straight into my eyes and spoke, "Talk, you say? That is certainly amusing... Alright, let us talk. Try convincing me why I should not accept the sacrifice that my followers so dutifully offered me." The voice it had was masculine, I wasn't quite sure if this being had a gender or not, but if it hadn't, it certainly tried to appear as a male. I decided to respect that and refer to it as so.

Regardless of that, I tried thinking about his last statement. It seems like I was indeed a sacrifice? Though that was not what this looked like, I do not believe my life is in danger right now, from the very start I felt safe... Perhaps I was offered as one, but he decided to not claim it? Although that also looks wrong, he certainly did try to just a small while back...

I wasn't quite certain what all this entailed, however... "I do believe I need to convince you though?" I answered him.

He seemed to be amused, "You don't? Does that mean you do not mind if I took your life away right now?" He said while lifting my chin with one of his large fingers. At their tip were such large and sharp nails that could possibly be considered claws. It wouldn't take much more of a sweep of his hand to take my head off for sure.

And yet, he did not scare me. This demon did not want to kill me. "I would certainly mind it, yet I do not believe you intend to take it." I answered him clearly.

He seemed surprised by my answer. He did not admit to it however, playing the game of a scary evil demon for a while longer I suppose, I wonder if that was his form of amusement. "I don't? Quite cheeky of you to say that when my servants died just to give me your pretty life?" He said while licking his lips. The way he behaved was so... Hard to understand? What was he supposed to gain from this futile play?

Unless he was trying to elicit a reaction from me? In that case... "Fear. That's what you are, you're a fear demon. You feed on other people's fears and uses it to empower yourself.

"However, you're not sensing any fear from me at the moment, so you're seeing no reason to consume me right now."

Once again, he seemed to be quite surprised... And then, he laughed. He took his hand off me and put it back on the ground while he laughed to his heart content... And only after he seemed to get tired of it, he said, "Bingo. I have to say you really surprised me though, girl. Most priests desperately beg for their deities to save them when they are offered for a demonic sacrifice... And that only makes them more delicious."

"Most, you say? This means I'm not the first one to not show fear, correct?" I asked.

He snapped his fingers before answering, "Correct! You're sharp.

"There are always those that don't have many emotions left on them, or that are simply at peace with the thought of death, and... Yanno, you probably understand those priests better than I do." I nodded in response, "But you're a first to me. You do not seem like those types... Why are you not in fear?"

I answered honestly, "I simply believed The Goddess did not send me to this world to die before I could make anything for her. She has guided me here for a reason, and while I may not know the reason yet, I was certain it was not to die in a demonic ritual.

"And therefore, I wasn't afraid of death, because I knew I was not going to die here."

This made him laugh even more than before. Until eventually he said, "So you're saying your belief in your goddess is so firm that you aren't going to face death until you have served her enough?" I nodded, to which he laughed again. Not for long this time, because he suddenly got his face extremely close to mine, to the point his horns almost pierced my ears. "Do you realize what nonsense you're spouting!? You think your goddess can control fate!? That she can stop me from killing you? That she can save you from this unsalvageable situation!?"

I shook my head and calmly answered, "I do not believe she is that powerful, for The Goddess must also respect the boundaries that the other gods have set upon this world.

"However, I do not believe this situation is unsalvageable either. You do not wish to kill me... What you really want is... Amusement." I wasn't sure what made me choose this word, but as it left my mouth, I realized how true that is. "You kill humans for nourishment, while that is not something I can condone, it is something I can understand. Just like humans kill pigs for their meat, you kill humans for their fear... It is the cycle of life, that is not something neither me nor The Goddess can interfere with.

"But right now, I am not a source of nourishment for you, so... If you wish to talk, then it must be because you gain something from it... I amuse you."

Once more, the demon started laughing. And once more, he looked at me with an amused expression, "Bingo!" He said. "You're quite amusing for a priestess, I usually expect something along the lines of rites of banishment or threats about how my kind wasn't going to get away with this, and how their gods would give divine retribution and yada yada yada, I'm sure you know this kind of priest talk pretty well, don'tcha?" I nodded to his question.

He then continued, "But you instead just look at me with this neutral stare like this is just yet another everyday occurrence to you. It's funny! Makes me wonder what would it take to make you cower in fear like most of them did." He said while once more licking his lips.

I then replied, "The Goddess does not condone causing ill to any other being. May it be a human with whom I had a disagreement with, a rabbit that I wish to eat, or a demon that wishes to consume me. The Goddess believes in spreading the love to all beings across all worlds. The minimum I can do, is to follow her words and let them guide my path."

He had a... Charming smile on his face, it was not the kind of expression I expected to see. "I like you. You know what, I might let you go... Let's make a deal, kay? A priestess making a deal with the devil, how amusing." He started laughing to himself.

That however, conflicted me, The Goddess did not recommend dealing with demonkind, her teachings preach about how trickery they can be, and how their words might not mean that which you expect them to... And judging from what happened to the men that brought me here, I had a hard time accepting his proposal.

On the other had, this demon seemed to have no intention of lying to me... At most, his words seemed to try to trick me into believing something, when they actually mean something else... Perhaps this is all a game to him, and perhaps he'll truly release me if I follow along.

I decided to trust him on that, and was about to ask about the deal, but... I remembered something. Before I was knocked out, I was tasked with obtaining information about the demonic rituals for the guild, not to just meet up with a demon... The Goddess sent me here for a reason, if it wasn't to save those poor souls, perhaps it was to avoid more of them lost their lives in those attempts.

And so, I decided to ask him some things. "Before that, I have a few questions, if I may." He gestured for me to go on. "First would be... Why take the lives of your very servants? Those poor men lost their lives trying to bring you here, it felt like the loss of their lives was futile.

"Secondly would be... Why priests as sacrifices? Wouldn't it be safer to take someone without holy powers instead? If one was able to cast even without their holy relics, couldn't they actually endanger you?

"And third... Are there more of your cultists trying to summon you to the region near the City of Scribel?"

He seemed to ponder for a few seconds before saying, "I can answer those if I want... But why should I?" He grinned.

Not entirely unexpected though, I already had an answer for that. "Because you want me to amuse you by playing the deal game with you. In that case, I also want to be amused first by having my questions answered." I wasn't sure if that was enough, but it was the best answer I had.

He laughed, as usual. "You know what? I liked you, I'll, as you said, 'amuse you' and answer the questions.

"I took their lives because those guys were idiots. Trying to summon a fear demon while they themselves were scared of me? I won't turn away free food, that's what. It's certainly much easier than following whatever request they have in exchange for one single fearful sacrifice that in this case wasn't even scared of me.

"As for priests? Because they're tasty. It always makes for a wonderful meal to eat those beings that are so full of themselves and faithful in their deities, to them start screaming like a child and begging their gods that 'abandoned' them for help.

"Not to mention I can sometimes corrupt them to my side, yanno? I can't say how fun it is to see a servant of the gods become a servant of mine, or even a lesser demon themselves... It is really really fun, ya get my drift?" I did not like the sound of that, but I still appreciated the honesty behind his words, I just prayed that The Goddess would guide me throughout the right path.

"And if there are more of my servants? There are some, though they aren't the biggest sect in here. The biggest one prefers to kidnap children and turn them into demons and stuff... Really creepy stuff, yanno? It's really hard to control child demons, they're just so... Fickle. And bloodthirsty, they don't comprehend the intricacies of making people do rituals to get food for you... Judging from your expression, you already met some of those?" He said while grinning.

I shook my head though, "Not directly at least. Though I heard the tales of those that did... It was disconcerting. I was actually going to try researching more into them before being brought here... I suppose those plans are foiled already."

He laughed once more, "They certainly are! You should be worrying about keeping your own life right now, not about other demonic cults!" Then he suddenly turned serious, "Well, does that answer your questions, little lady?"

I nodded, and then replied. "Thank you for taking the time to clarify those things... Now then, what is the deal?"

He grinned, "It is simple. A life for a life, give me something that is worth as much as your life, and I'll let you go away freely."

So that's what it was... I suppose it can't be helped then. "I'm afraid I cannot offer you anything other than my own life to fulfill this deal's conditions though." It was a pity, whatever plan The Goddess had for me, would have to wait until my next life... My apologies.

The demon's grin got even bigger however, and for the first time since I saw him, I felt fear. He moved his lips to form a word that I could comprehend, yet did not understand the meaning of. "Deal."

And then he became mist once more, and a small part of his whole self entered my body, with the rest disappearing into thin air.

I was washed with pain, whatever he was doing, was something I desperately wanted to resist against, yet was unable to.

I'm not sure how much time passed, the moon was up in its Zenith when the ritual started, but by the time the pain subsided, it was already close to setting. I panted heavily, some parts of my body were even bleeding due to how much I struggled against the ropes that kept me in place... And then, I heard a voice in my head. "Your life is now mine, little lady. I look forward to seeing how else you'll amuse me."

Immediately after, some of his mist was exhaled from my hand and formed a small blade, which then cut off the ties that bound me.

I heaved a heavy sigh and looked up to the stars... Is this what you had planned for me, Goddess? For the first time in my life, I felt my faith wavering a bit... It seems like I'll no longer be able to make a temple in this world anymore, who'd want a possessed priestess as their head priestess...?

With a heavy heart, I left the dungeon and started walking. I wasn't sure where it would take me, but anywhere was fine, I just needed some food for now I suppose.

After some time spent foraging, and walking aimlessly, I eventually, I found a road, and in the road I waited until a merchant passed, who then kindly told me the directions to Scribel.

By the time I was back, about one week had passed since I had left... I prayed that things hadn't gotten worse in the meantime.
  • Got kidnapped by a group of cultists when I was about to start my investigation.
  • Was offered as a sacrifice to summon a Fear Demon.
  • Fear Demon consumed the summoners instead of me.
  • After chatting with the Demon for a while, got some information.
    • There is more than a single Demon Cult in the surroundings of Scribel.
    • The cult of this demon in particular isn't very big. And they use Priests as sacrifices to summon him.
    • Children possessed by demons tend to be very fickle and hard to control.
  • Got possessed by a shard of the Demon. Currently unsure of what effects this might bring.
After her recent tangle with the slime horde, Felica decided to take things easy for a bit and took on a temporary job as a receptionist at the guildhall. As soon as Nene walked in, who Felicia remembered as one of the receptionists who had often evaluated her quest reports, she faintly smiled at having their roles swapped for once. However, when she got a closer look at her, her face quickly creased into a worried frown.

"Nene, you look awful, are you alright?" She inquired briefly, looking at the dried blood stains on her clothes and how fatigued she seemed to be. Taking the report from her hands, Felicia read through its entirety solemnly, her face getting worse and worse as she read.

"...I sincerely admire your perseverance and bravery in the face of not only being captured, but also finding out that you would be used as a sacrifice in a demonic ritual..."

"But Nene, you've truly been possessed? I hope that we can find a way to rid you of this demon..."

"But anyway, here are your rewards. Get yourself a well-earned rest, Konaha has been working overtime on all the reports that have occurred whilst you were away." She smiled briefly, trying to ease the mood a little.

"And also you don't have to worry, things have not gotten worse whilst you were away. There have been no new demon/cult reports, so rest at ease."

Rewards:
  • EXP: 130

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
> > >
Night Watch
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
> > >

> > >
If You See Something, Say Something
Objectives:
  • Observe something suspicious or noteworthy.
  • Report your findings to the guild.
Scribel City relies on civilians to maintain public order.
Please report sightings of suspicious people, monsters, and other concerning intel.
The guild will assemble a task force to investigate and tackle the threat.
Rewards:
  • Money: 0-30 G
> > >
Report:

So a while ago I took the quest for Night Watch and decided to patrol in the general vicinity of the tavern. In other words, waiter by day, stalker by night.

This continued on for about three days before I saw a questionable group walking past here at around 1 AM. They were grouped in a diamond shape, with the three figures at the back wearing draping robes. They were stylized in such a way where the outer edges of any openings were a deep red hue, and the rest of the clothing was a much darker variant.

At the front was a similarly dressed girl, much shorter in stature than her peers with two bumps on opposite sides of her scalp. The lighting was too low quality for me to get a better view, but it looked like her skin was cyan. She was walking north, casually looking around at the nearby buildings.

This continued for several blocks until eventually, a small commotion occurred near me. Her glance shifted there, and although I was concealed, it felt like she was looking directly at me. Her gaze didn't hold for that long, but it was long enough for me to decide to stop following them.

If there was any sort of gain from that interaction, I was able to see a bit more of her features. One of the bumps, and I assume the other as well, was a broken horn and her eyes had a sharp orange glow.

Last I saw, she kept heading north.

OOC: @Feathers95 There's been a demon report XD

That's some interesting information you've got there.
  • Money: 20 G
OOC: You can only do one quest at a time.

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
> > >
Giant Rat Subjugation
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel City Sewers.
  • Dispose of the corpses.
  • Collect 20 giant rat tails.
The Scribel City Sewers are notorious for being invested with various critters.
Overgrown giant rats are a concern because they can spread disease.
While not too dangerous, they are agile and difficult to catch.
Rewards:
> > >
Report for Quest: Giant Rat Subjugation
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: I had previously planned to hunt rats by using poisoned bait. This method failed, as the rats could smell the poison. This meant that I had to get more creative.
I spent some time sniffing the paralysis poison I used. I tried to grasp the elusive scent it had, and while it took time, I eventually managed to discern its scent. Following this, I began to train my nose by sniffing the normal bait and then sniffing poisoned bait without knowing which was which. After a day of this training, I think I understood what I was smelling, and what it would take to mask the scent.
I had a pouch of herbs I had collected from the forest a few days ago. I had been drying them with the plan to eventually use them to make some potions for myself. Using these herbs, I masked the smell of the poison that was on the bait.
I went down into the sewers and placed the bait in multiple locations that I could easily get to and waited for rats to arrive. Sure enough, I was able to kill a total of 21 giant rats. I collected their tails after slitting their throats, and I have brought them in as proof of completion.
Quest Items: 21 Giant Rat Tails.
Appraised and Approved by: Ghost

Last edited:

Yiphen

Chaotic Lil' Demon
Report for Quest: Giant Rat Subjugation
Sponsor

Name: Randell Stephenson
Method of completion: I had previously planned to hunt rats by using poisoned bait. This method failed, as the rats could smell the poison. This meant that I had to get more creative.
I spent some time sniffing the paralysis poison I used. I tried to grasp the elusive scent it had, and while it took time, I eventually managed to discern its scent. Following this, I began to train my nose by sniffing the normal bait and then sniffing poisoned bait without knowing which was which. After a day of this training, I think I understood what I was smelling, and what it would take to mask the scent.
I had a pouch of herbs I had collected from the forest a few days ago. I had been drying them with the plan to eventually use them to make some potions for myself. Using these herbs, I masked the smell of the poison that was on the bait.
I went down into the sewers and placed the bait in multiple locations that I could easily get to and waited for rats to arrive. Sure enough, I was able to kill a total of 12 giant rats. I collected their tails after slitting their throats, and I have brought them in as proof of completion.
Quest Items: 12 Giant Rat Tails.
Quest Evaluation:
Your methods were... questionable, but whatever works, works.

Rewards:

Moshi

Investigate Local Apothecaries
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Visit 3 apothecaries in Scribel City.
  • Investigate if it is possible that alchemists are breeding slimes.
  • Update: (source) (source) (source)
Description:
Some receptionists have noted a high volume of slimes observed near Scribel City. Multiple hypotheses have been proposed regarding the elevated number of slimes. One quest report suggested that local apothecaries could be breeding slimes.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 75
  • Money: 20G

Quest Report | Nyx (level 1, 75/200)

Apparently, the people known as "potion brewers" back in my home world are known as "alchemists" here. That's confusing. That aside, only a third of the apothecaries I visited were brewers; the rest were actual doctors who knew about health. They all were pretty normal, they had their shop in the front, preparation room in the back, and living spaces upstairs.

Although the breweries I visited aren't suspicious, the source of their materials was. It's a sort of grey market on the edge of the city, where both legitimate goods and those without any identifiable source are bought and sold. I got a lot of new stuff from there - they really do sell everything.

The group selling slime cores were near the center of the market when I came. It seems that I was pretty lucky, they apparently only come around once a week. I told one of my puppets to follow them.

They seemed to have noticed that something was watching them though. A bit into the forest northeast of Scribel, they drank concealment potions, and my puppet lost them. I'm sure further investigations are needed, but for now, this is all I have.

Zoey

Mustachu
Report:

So a while ago I took the quest for Night Watch and decided to patrol in the general vicinity of the tavern. In other words, waiter by day, stalker by night.

This continued on for about three days before I saw a questionable group walking past here at around 1 AM. They were grouped in a diamond shape, with the three figures at the back wearing draping robes. They were stylized in such a way where the outer edges of any openings were a deep red hue, and the rest of the clothing was a much darker variant.

At the front was a similarly dressed girl, much shorter in stature than her peers with two bumps on opposite sides of her scalp. The lighting was too low quality for me to get a better view, but it looked like her skin was cyan. She was walking north, casually looking around at the nearby buildings.

This continued for several blocks until eventually, a small commotion occurred near me. Her glance shifted there, and although I was concealed, it felt like she was looking directly at me. Her gaze didn't hold for that long, but it was long enough for me to decide to stop following them.

If there was any sort of gain from that interaction, I was able to see a bit more of her features. One of the bumps, and I assume the other as well, was a broken horn and her eyes had a sharp orange glow.

Last I saw, she kept heading north.

OOC: @Feathers95 There's been a demon report XD
That's some interesting information you've got there.
  • Money: 20 G
OOC: You can only do one quest at a time.