Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Zoey

Mustachu
**QUEST REPORT**

The notice on the board quickly grabbed his attention. Looking for seeds. Eager to do that, he quickly picked them up and then ran to the forest with his usual gear. While the forest is his domain, he always tried to be as careful as possible. One wrong move and he might lose his life. It was that dangerous.

He then scoured the forest ground, looking attentively. The quest clearly stated looking for some seed that can be easily planted by amateurs, which in this case probably the orphans, and also for something that can be harvested quite fast. He racked his brain while remembering the lesson he got from his mentor back in the village.

He then finally found it, a small bush filled with bright colored bulbs. They are squashes. The villagers used to forage for them as they grow quite fast. He used the knife to get the one that can be used to get the seedlings. From time to time he would look around, trying to make sure that no wild animal will ambush him since these types of plants are also their main diet. Filling his small bag enough with the squashes and some of the ripe ones, he then moved toward the other part of the forest.

His next target could be acquired not far from the first spot. From the green patches, the hunter picked a few green beans. The pods were filled with lots of beans, making them rather plump. He smiled at it, remembering the episode where he had a soup filled with one of those beans, warming not only his body but also his souls after a long hunt that ended up in failure due to him missing his shots. Once again he filled his bag with the beans.

Moving onto the next plants, he let out a sigh. While it was easy to find them, the problem was the bag. It was getting heavier. That is understandable since the bag is filled with quite a lot of squashes and bush beans. But the face of the orphans in his head made him able to work harder. He then picked the last of his objective. Some wild onions. Growing them is easy, as simple as putting the bulbs on the dirt and just wait. He picked several of them and then quickly filled his bag.

Looking at his harvest, he smiled a bit. He then stretched his back a bit, feeling quite tired. After resting a bit, he picked up the bag and then walked toward the orphanage. Once again, he was greeted by Tabea, the caretaker. “Greetings,” he said to her as soon as she turned around. “I got you the seeds. And some vegetables too.” He then let down the bag, which made a little thump sound as it hit the ground. “S-So many,” said Tabea as he inspected the bag, “Thank you so much, Mr. Michuema.” Once again, she smiled at her. But the smile faded quickly as she looked at him. “Are you okay?” she said as he looked at him with a concerned expression. He nodded and then picked up the bag. “I’ll move this toward the kitchen.” He then walked toward the kitchen carrying the bag. “W-Wait, I’ll call the others.” The hunter then shook his head. “It’s fine. I can do this much. I’ll leave right away.” He then moved faster and, just as he said, he left the orphanage as soon as he finished moving the seeds and the vegetables. When he passed by Ellen and Tabea, he just waved at them and then left the place.
Well done, here's your reward.
  • Exp: 50
  • Money: 20G
OOC: Please mark your post in some way to indicate that it as been evaluated.

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Character: Reciful The Innocent malice
Level: 1
Class: Chaos bringer
Race: Eldritch Abomination

Quest name: I'm not homeless, am I!?

Quest report
Reciful... finally..... FIND A HOME!!!:blobrofl:

YAY!! Reciful is happy!!:blob_happy:

Reciful shall tell you how She got a home! Since Reciful is happy & proud:blob_uwu:...

Also Reciful made new friend! U know!!!:blob_happy:

Reciful got ignored A lot by of people they are meanie's!! Reciful wait for 2 days...2 DAYS!! But no one reach for Reciful! How mean!!:blob_pout:

Then when night came, A cute silvery Rainbow slime reach out for Reciful! She is Reciful first friend Susul ! I name her that cuz she makes 'Suuu~♪ Suu~♪' noise a lot!!

Susul is a slime created my a mad alchemist cultist!! Long ago! Susul said so by doing gesture to tell Reciful... & since Reciful is smart Reciful Understood Susul saying!!!

Susul is a rare slime unlike other ugly stupid snot slime! Cuz Susul is Special u know! Since she is Reciful friend Reciful is proud for her!! Ehe ehehehehe!

But Susul is bullied by other slime & forced to live in the Dangerous plaza full of 'Slime killers' (Writer:.Adventurer).

Those Insignificant pathetic ugly Slimes dare to bully Reciful's friend... I shall Obliterate those Slimes & crush their soul again & again within a imperceptible darkness!!! Reciful is Angry!!:blob_thor:

Anyway! Susul Guide Reciful in a very normal looking alley somewhere in the city, but the alley have a strong illusion in it. But its useless! since Reciful is very good at mind games (writer:..:blob_shock::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: )

Then we go to a labyrinth like plaze that only Susul a slime & being like Reciful can travel in it cuz its super tight! & No air!.

Then we reach a hidden big black old church in the end of the labyrinth! Its in a weird place! U know! Cuz as there is tree's, grass & many flowers! like a miniature forest with the black church in the center! As if a hidden garden!!

Susul Said this is the home of the bad alchemist who made Susul. Susul also said after soooooo many years came to past, the Bad Alchemist ghost still haunts it wanting to hurt Susul...

Bad Alchemist! Reciful shall kill you again!!!

Susul asked Reciful to Defeat the Bad Alchemist ghost & help the spirits of her fellow test subject children who is still trap inside there...... Reciful don't get it! but since Reciful is kind & its for Susul! Reciful friend! Reciful shall do her absolute best!!!

So Reciful manipulated all the shadow in the place making it into Reciful's Domain! In short making it a temporary part of Reciful body! Since Reciful is super weak unlike before this is all what I can do yet.

Then I move the shadow & shallow the Entire hidden garden inside it! From there Reciful see the bad alchemist ghost he try to attack me... What a nerve~....then Inside the Shadow I open my Countless red eye in all direction & gaze at him with full force, which shattered his mental strength that almost breaks his soul.

After making him almost a empty shell of his former self I open one Big mouth with countless razor shard teeth's & using many of my tendrils & tongue I grab the bad alchemist ghost, he try to beg for mercy..... But no... Reciful shall give no mercy, Reciful Eats his soul & crush it with Reciful's teeth's.

While at it Reciful also grabs & eat all of Susul ghost friends hatred, despair, regrets, madness, sadness & agony making them free from those, Since Reciful can touch, see, hear & eat things that cannot be perceived such as emotions.

they thanked Reciful & very happy to see Susul one last time, they said to Reciful please take care of Susul & thank you very much.... Reciful is happy, Reciful did a good deed!!.

Then a Woman made of light with many wings & a halo arrive from above & came to fetch & guide Susul's friends spirits.

Hm?? The Winged Woman looks at Reciful in disbelief, awe, & shock... Why??...hmm now that I remember she remind me of people called Gods... Reciful hate them they hurt Reciful always.

" !?... No nononono! I'm not a god!? & Im not also here to fight you!! so stop with those red Eye's please! Your gaze is super bad for spiritual beings!! "

Reciful stops glaring.

" Ahem! Sorry for being surprise.. i just did not expect that someone such as Yourself have compassion & have the concept to help other beings to begin with "

H h how rude!!!

" Even so, Thank so much, for helping them Oh Great Outer One, you even eat away all their sins & not just their Despair in the Process "

humph! Praise Reciful more!!

" Well then I'll make sure they'll reach paradise for sure.... Farewell to you 'Oh~ Daughter of the Demon Sultan, & beloved nameless Princess of the Void" "

.. Reciful have a name now!!! you meanie!! Reciful really hate your kind!!

and so Reciful now have a home along with Reciful new friend Susul the rare slime!! Reciful wants to, Invite you, to her home... But its physically impossible Reciful think?

Sorry!!:blob_cringe:

Signed by: Reciful the Eldritch Abomination
Um well done, I think?

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Quest Report [Unappraised]

Quest Report

Adventurer: Oam Lola
Quest: Charity
Summary: - Delivered some donations from the temple to the orphanage.
- Helped with preparation of food.
- Refilled the water reservoir.

It's been a while since I came to report, but the Temple has been busy trying to regain some of its popularity, so I've been sitting in front of a charm-selling stall set up by a cult of a Crystal Frog God from another world, so I've forgotten about the guild for a bit. But since the proselytization weekends are now over, I'm back!

In any case, a devout of a fertility cult passed by and have heard of the troubles in the orphanage, along with the pickled god cult, donated some fruits and pickled fruit to the orphanage. I went there at noon and arrived an hour later.

Well, I arrived there... but I was initially confused. There was a strange shield sign on the building and it seemed like the walls became brand new. I passed by the gate and couldn't see the kids anywhere, where usually I'd find a few outside. But when Tabea opened the door, I knew I didn't make the wrong turn.

"What happened while I wasn't here?" I said while inspecting the out-of-place shield symbol.

"Some adventurer from the guild helped us out." the lady said with a bright smile, "the sponsor was someone named Nene,"

"I see, I see, I am glad," I said, lifting up the bag of fruits, "But can you help me carry these foods?"

"A-ah! It must have been tiring!" she said as she picked up the bags. She peeked inside and looked back at me, "There are even fruits now?!"

"Courtesy of the Cult of Deriy, " I said,

"Ahaha! Please deliver my thanks to them!"

She carried the bags to the kitchen. I've never seen her smile so brightly before.

"By the way," I said, "Where are the kids?"

Just as I said that, the sound of a large herd of footsteps came reverberating from the ceiling.

She sighed defeatedly, "They are... upstairs... but now they won't stop running inside the house! Do you know how terrifying it is when they keep running up and down the stairs? And then they can't stop beating on the walls, it's as if they're trying to destroy the house immediately after it's just fixed, and then there's Lily who can't stop slamming the doors..."

She complained about the kids a lot.

But I can tell that she was actually really happy.

"Maybe I can talk some sense into them," I said.

"If you can, that would be great." she said, "Thank you,"

The sound of tiny thundering footsteps once again passed by their heads.

"...Maybe,"

---

I prepared food with Tabea not long after resting from the walk. I also bought bread for them, and so there wasn't any cooking done today. But I found out something quite difficult to stomach after seeing the empty tub of water in the back of the kitchen...

The orphanage doesn't have a well, so Tabea needs to make a five minute trip back and forth to the nearest public well to get fresh water. Luckily she also had a small carriage (albeit without horses) that can be used to pull buckets of water. It was decided that one of us will stay to keep watch over the children and the other will go to the well to stock up on water. I was going to be the one to pull the water up.

So I went there and pulled the carriage off
It was actually quite light when I departed.
But when I returned, I ended up light-headed, and I collapsed in front of the door.

"Ouch ouch ouch!! Be careful!"

Even though I was crying loudly like that, she was actually just feeling around my back very gently, "You should have told me that you had back pain..."

"Well how should I know that it would get so heavy after only twelve buckets?!"

"Tei!!" she suddenly pushed her weight on the upper part of my back, causing it to crack loudly. It sounded like countless bones just popped off.

"OUCH!" I reflexively cried. But... "?! It doesn't actually hurt?"

"Hoho, are you surprised?"

"How was I supposed to react when you said 'I am going to crack your spine'?!?"

"How else was I to say it...?"

After half an hour of massage, I was feeling much better.

"Where did you learn how to do that?" I was stretching my back and feeling around, I felt even better than when I came here this morning.

"There was an old lady who used to stay here as and help out around the orphanage,"

"Oh yeah? Where is she now?"

"Ah, she passed away," she said, "But she did teach me some good ways to crack people's back."

"I see... I'm sorry,"

"It's fine,"

I ended up sleeping with Tabea because I was too tired to walk back to the temple, and it was also night, and there had been a lot of scary things happening in the city as of late. So we ended up sharing a bed. It was only a single person bed and it wasn't even a mattress, so I thought "hey I can just sleep on the floor!" but she didn't want my back to die again, and so we slept... anyways... veering off-topic!

I left the orphanage in the morning.
Thinking about submitting a quest too.
I'm glad to hear things are improving over there.

Leegood

APPRAISED

Gather Seeds
Sponsor:
Nene
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Get seeds of vegetables that could be planted in the orphanage's free area and that can be taken care of by someone with little experience in taking care of plants. Preferably of things that don't take too long to be harvested.
  • Donate them to the orphanage.
Description: The orphanage is in constant need of food donations in order to feed the children. Getting some seeds to make a small plantation in its free area could help alleviate the issue, even if there is clearly not enough space to plant enough to feed them all.
Rewards:
  • Exp: 50
  • Money: 20G
I stretched my shoulders as I munched on a ration (5-1=4) and drank some water that guild worker gave me for my hard work earlier cooking those rations. (130G - 10 G (rent for an empty Closet) = 120 G)

"Scuse me miss? Food for little poor children?"

A small hand tugged on my skirt and when I saw the owner of the hand I swear the image of a industrial age orphan boy was shown faintly over this boy's face but I shook my head and the boy returned to wearing age-appropriate orphan wear.

Seeing that he got my attention he switched it up "Actually we don't food that much miss! we just need seeds so we can grow our own food!"

I Nodded, give a person a fish and they'll eat breakfast, teach them how to fish and they'll be fed their entire lives.

"But I'm new here, where would you get such seeds?"
The boy gave a sly grin and whispered "Miss I know just the place! You have just the right look!" I was a bit curious so I decided to follow the boy since sun-down was only a few hours away so I had the time.

Following the boy, the boy whispered "When you hear a Cooo Cooo you need to grab the large bag alright?" I nodded as we arrived as a less busy but still active part of the town.

The boy ran ahead and shouted to a nervous looking man "Hey Whatcha doing there James!?" The nervous man seemed to widen his eyes and shouted back "You little brat shutup! Your not getting a share of any of this!" The brat just turned around and showed his ass "I'm going to tell Farmer Joe that you've been sneaking away some extra seeds again!"

"You brat! come here!" The nervous man full of rage started chasing the little boy around till they went out of sight. I was just about to leave when I heard a distinctive "Cooo! Cooo!" I quickly walked to the bag and lifted it up.

"Urgh, Heavier than I thought." I thought about putting the bag of seeds in my backpack but it seemed to not be too ideal since the bag was not secured tightly enough and trying to the the bag further might cause a tear at the top.

An hour or so later, after asking around since I realized that boy never even told me where the orphanage was, I arrived at the closest one, hopefully it's the correct one?

"Excuse me? Cooo Cooo Boy told me you needed this?"

Last edited:

Omnifarious

The Synaptic Nebula
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)

Convince my husband not to leave
Sponsor: Kelsi Nyan
Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find Sir Nyan in Asteria Village.
  • Convince him not to go to war in Gelderholm.
Description: My husband says he's going to go to war in Gelderholm, but I don't want him to go! It's dangerous there!

Rewards:
  • Gold: 20 G
  • EXP: 50

The task itself was not hard, everyone got a weak point you just need to know where to press. The hard part was finding the place, I have never left this here Scribel and Asteria is far.

When I found the Nyan's house I talked to the wife, I asked 'er, you wanna do this with a bunch a hurtin, or none at all. She said none, so I guess I won't be breaking her better half's legs. Then I asked'er, when did she and her man did the dirty, and she slapped me! The prude cow!

But I told her I aint helping if she won't tell me what I want to know. Once I got what I want. I talked to her husband.

I told him I am an old friend of his wife, "I cant be letting you go to war, I'd not be good for his wife if he does."

When he asked why I told him simply, "She's pregnant, up the duff"

The both look shock.

"How can y-you say that!" The wife was hysterical

Well, it did changed her husbands' mind about leaving.

And all the wife needs to do now is to get pregnant,.

Well, however she get it done... the ball is in her court... so to speak.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
UNAPPRAISED

I stretched my shoulders as I munched on a ration (5-1=4) and drank some water that guild worker gave me for my hard work earlier cooking those rations. (130G - 10 G (rent for an empty Closet) = 120 G)

"Scuse me miss? Food for little poor children?"

A small hand tugged on my skirt and when I saw the owner of the hand I swear the image of a industrial age orphan boy was shown faintly over this boy's face but I shook my head and the boy returned to wearing age-appropriate orphan wear.

Seeing that he got my attention he switched it up "Actually we don't food that much miss! we just need seeds so we can grow our own food!"

I Nodded, give a person a fish and they'll eat breakfast, teach them how to fish and they'll be fed their entire lives.

"But I'm new here, where would you get such seeds?"
The boy gave a sly grin and whispered "Miss I know just the place! You have just the right look!" I was a bit curious so I decided to follow the boy since sun-down was only a few hours away so I had the time.

Following the boy, the boy whispered "When you hear a Cooo Cooo you need to grab the large bag alright?" I nodded as we arrived as a less busy but still active part of the town.

The boy ran ahead and shouted to a nervous looking man "Hey Whatcha doing there James!?" The nervous man seemed to widen his eyes and shouted back "You little brat shutup! Your not getting a share of any of this!" The brat just turned around and showed his ass "I'm going to tell Farmer Joe that you've been sneaking away some extra seeds again!"

"You brat! come here!" The nervous man full of rage started chasing the little boy around till they went out of sight. I was just about to leave when I heard a distinctive "Cooo! Cooo!" I quickly walked to the bag and lifted it up.

"Urgh, Heavier than I thought." I thought about putting the bag of seeds in my backpack but it seemed to not be too ideal since the bag was not secured tightly enough and trying to the the bag further might cause a tear at the top.

An hour or so later, after asking around since I realized that boy never even told me where the orphanage was, I arrived at the closest one, hopefully it's the correct one?

"Excuse me? Cooo Cooo Boy told me you needed this?"
Although the quest is successfully completed, you stole those seeds, didn't you? I'll have to deduct your rewards. Please do not cause any trouble to the civilians. They already hated us, Adventure Guild, as is.

Rewards: 40 EXP, 15 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
QUEST REPORT (NOT YET APPRAISED)

The task itself was not hard, everyone got a weak point you just need to know where to press. The hard part was finding the place, I have never left this here Scribel and Asteria is far.

When I found the Nyan's house I talked to the wife, I asked 'er, you wanna do this with a bunch a hurtin, or none at all. She said none, so I guess I won't be breaking her better half's legs. Then I asked'er, when did she and her man did the dirty, and she slapped me! The prude cow!

But I told her I aint helping if she won't tell me what I want to know. Once I got what I want. I talked to her husband.

I told him I am an old friend of his wife, "I cant be letting you go to war, I'd not be good for his wife if he does."

When he asked why I told him simply, "She's pregnant, up the duff"

The both look shock.

"How can y-you say that!" The wife was hysterical

Well, it did changed her husbands' mind about leaving.

And all the wife needs to do now is to get pregnant,.

Well, however she get it done... the ball is in her court... so to speak.
... That worked, I guessed...

Rewards: 50 EXP, 20 G

Himekawa

Today, the first thing in the morning she did is to take another alchemist's assistant. Yesterday was quite fun, in her opinion.

The number of adventurer lessened compared to yesterday's noon. Since the queue was still short, she got to the receptionist quite fast.

"Good morning, adventurer. You've come again. May I see your quest?"

She showed her quest to the receptionist.

> > >
Alchemist's Assistant - PART 2 (APPRAISED)
  • Sponsor: Alchemist's Guild
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Visit an alchemist from the Alchemist's Guild.
  • Bring 5 slime cores and 5 healing herbs as payment.
  • Spend the day collecting ingredients for the alchemist.
    • Note: Use a random item generator (A) (B) (C).
    • Pick some ingredients and look for them.
  • Perform a satisfactory job.
Are you interested in alchemy? Pharmacy? Witchcraft? Ahem.
Thank you for the slime cores and healing herbs.
We can use that to brew a weak healing potion.
Meanwhile, here's a list of more ingredients I want you to find.
Let's see... eye of newt... nightshade... bat guano... hmm...
Come back when you've found them! :blob_evil:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: 1 weak healing potion
  • After completing quest 3 times:
    • Permission to use Alchemist Guild cauldrons and equipment
> > >

"Alright, we've received the requested item. You will be paired with... alchemist Blake in room 512. Have a good day."

She left and went to room 512. One thing though, why did the receptionist become slightly pale?

-------------------------------------

"I see... so the increase of the belladona by three percent would turn the curse into curse fire breathing huh... I should note this."

*knock *knock

"
Eh? Come in."

She entered the room, and saw a black catkin. The alchemist was busy experimenting on the alchemy table.

"Ah... my new assistant! You've come at the right time!"

The woman seemed excited.

"Well... My name is Blake, and my primary research it to analyze the effect of potion of Random Curse. I say curse, because the effect of the curse can be removed by using light magic «Esuna», as for random, I've discovered 5195 different curse already by varying the process."

She then went to another room and brought back a fur seal.

"For today, I'd say you'll help me shave these fur seal's fur and harvest some belladonna on , and we call it complete. But you have to totally help me for tonight, kay?"

'Wait, Meiko. I am feeling dread. Why does that offer seem to good to be true?'

She thought the voice was overreacting. What was the worst that could happen?

Harvesting the belladonna only took her 30 minutes, while shaving the fur of the alchemist's pet seal took no more than 15 minutes. As it was, the alchemist ordered her to do the reading of the potion recipe they would make.

--------------------------------------------
Potion of random curse
-----------------------------------​

Brewing MethodUnder the moonlight
EffectOther/Random/Curse
Primary ingredientBelladonna
Secondary ingredientFur of Seal
DurationUntil next sunrise
Side effect whilst potion is activeGender swaps

The potion is mainly made with belladonna and fur of a seal. The effect of the potion is affected by the condition of belladonna plant, while the number of fur is used to determine the potency. The effect of the potion itself is affected by:
1. the number of belladonna plant where the leaves was harvested in radius of 10m.
2. the duration of the sunlight exposure of the belladonna plant the day before
81. The color of the room where the potion was made
82. The number of digits the potion maker has

It is possible, that there are other factors that determine the effect of the potion. That being said, below is 5000 (and counting) recorded recipe of potion of random curse author has written. What is consistent is that the side effect of the potion, that changed the gender of the drinker.

Beware of the toxicity of belladonna. When handling it, always wear gloves and mask to mitigate the fumes effect.

To make it, boil water to 85 degrees Celcius (note: the man was sent to this world 200 years ago. We still use his method of measurement because the other guy, Fahrenheit is not making sense. Also, The guy named Kelvin said that his zero is absolute zero. None of the royal magicians has been able to create absolute zero ice too, so we deemed the man to talk nonsense too). Add the leaves, and roots of belladonna plant, while under the moonlight. Next, wait 30 minutes (being naked and being clothed during this period made the resulting curse different) and add up to three strand of seal's fur. Leave it under the moonlight and bottle it when the sun rise. The potion will work until sunset.
--------------------------------

'At this point, I should say... This is really a fantasy world huh. A gender bender potion, a beauty potion. What kind of person wrote this scenario?'

"Mm?" She mumbled.

'No, nevermind. It's just nonsense.'

"Okay, assistant! I want you to discover more! I haven't had any catkin as my assistant yet, so you'll reproduce... say, 100 of them? It's pretty quick too."

She nodded, and began her work.

-------------------------------

The sun began to filter through the window. Miss Blake seemed to be focused on her potion making. She did not saw the woman took a nap at all while they were working.

'Okay, that's 100 bottle of gender bending potion done.'

She put the potions in a box with 10x10 slot. Then, as she finished, she brought them to the alchemist.

"Oh... done? Alright, one more thing before you go. We need to test the potion. Will you help me?"

'Did she mean she wanted us to drink it? Decline it, meimei!'

She shook her head. Being cursed seemed really unpleasant even in her mind.

"Don't worry. I am a certified priest of the church of light. No kind of curse cannot be cured by me."

"No." she muttered. What kind of priest spend their time to search various ways to curse someone? If the woman said that she was a witch, she would believe her words.

"Hmm... That's a pity. You would be an interesting... specimen. Okay, adventurer. Your job here is done."

She, bowed, then hastily left.

---------------------------------
"Ah... you're back." The receptionist at the ground floor said.

"..." The receptionist must have known about the weirdness of that alchemist. She glared at the receptionist.

"You know. You don't seem traumatized. did she said that she is a priest? Well, what she said is true. The adventurers who worked with her, who agreed with her experiment is usually tipped extra from her own pocket. And she cured them of their curse at the end of the session." The receptionist explained.

"Anyway," the receptionist continued, "Here is your slip. Bring these proof to the adventurer guild, okay?"

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Title: Stealer of Beautiful Eyes
Sponsor: The Adventures Guild
Required Level: 4
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: City Guard Training
  • Read this report
  • Discover the person behind this and arrest them. (If needed you are allowed to call in back up from the City Guards (Max 6 guards))
  • The City Guards will take things over once they are in custody.
Rewards:
  • EXP: 130
  • Money: 40G
Report - Solet' Luna
Golden Rose... It had been a while since I slaughtered their 5-men party. It seemed that they had suffered for quite a bit, huh? It would not be my style if I don't go raid their camp. However, their hands seemed to reach everywhere... I would have to play their game first before going after them.

Now, although espionage was not my main forte, I could still get by with my little bit of makeup knowledge from Miss Vivis.

Red Light District, the place of pleasure and underground business. I spent my gold and went into one of the brothels. With my pale makeup, I looked like a mature, mysterious type of client, that even the owner of the brothel would come out to escort. Using my sorcery, I managed to disguise my golden eye colour to the colour of the sea, clear blue without any impurity.

After I selected a 'high-quality' grade woman, the owner of the brothel, a fat man with a large bread, personally wished me good experience as he escorted me to one of the sound-proof rooms. Once I entered, the beautifying fragrance entered my sense, and my body started to relax. The lady I bought with me seemed nervous, as she had never served another woman before. However, that was my intention. I did not wish to do anything with her. The body of these prostitutes is too dangerous.

Just as we talked about things and started to progress the 'plot', I slowly lost my vision and fell onto the bed. However, before I fell, the lady held onto me gently before placing me onto the bed. It seemed that our conversation had hit onto her a little too deep, and she started to develop a certain thing about me.

"... Just a little bit, I hope she wouldn't mind." As I pretended to faint, I could feel her fingers caressing my body, from my waist up to my face. The finger poked my lips twice before she retracted it. At least make it fast and don't keep stalling! It was very hard to keep my body in check and not tremble.

"A new door... I'll open it today." Her soft, trembling voice echoed the room, full of excitement and anticipation. I guessed Solet will be mad. Well, I'll deal with that later.

"Where is the good?" Just as I could feel the warmness from her skin, the door slowly opened, leaking out screeching noise. The lady quickly stood up and went to greet the man. My tense body finally relaxed. The entire sequence was unplanned, and I realised that people could easily awaken their new fetish.

"She is here, sir." I could hear a slight regret in her voice. It seemed that this girl did not really like this job very much, or it's just that she really liked me too much.

"Hey, you. Go inspect her." A footstep came to me and a pair of hand forced my eyelid open. After seeing my pair of ocean gems, the man slowly held me up and carried me out. His actions suddenly became too gentle compared to before. I guessed I've overdone my disguise.

As I sneaked a peek at the room, I could still see that lady and her red face, biting her lips as if she had just missed out on something. The ladies in brothel sure are scary.

After a while, the bodyguard finally placed me onto a carriage before blindfolding me. I considered waking up and dealing with them but decided against it. I wanted to know the true culprit who took fancy in the eyes of the others and arresting these people might not get me to this person.

Once the carriage stopped in its track, the bodyguard carried me again into the unknown location. Although I could remember the numbers of twists and turns, I could not determine how far I had gone from the Red Light District.

Once we entered an unknown building, I could feel a change in Mana in the surrounding. This place, compared to the outer world, was akin to a sealed room with little to no air in it.

"Lord Envoy, we have a new product." The bodyguard, being an ordinary person, sensed nothing of this and just spoke the phase he was ordered to.

"What brought you here, mortals from Golden Rose Syndicate? The days of the next exchange is not today." The Mana inside the building froze as a weird, gender-neutral voice rang. The bodyguard tried to control himself, but he could not stop his body from trembling in fear.

"Please wait, Lord Envoy. This new product has the exact same pupils as sire had specially requested! The Azure Ocean Eyes!" The man carefully placed me onto the floor before stepping back and waited in silence. There was even a mattress under me. It seemed that this mystical Azure Ocean Eyes were highly valued by the so-called Envoy.

"Huh? The Azure Ocean Eyes? Let me see... If it's true, then I'll handsomely reward you. However, if you play any trick, then you'll face the wrath of Master Beholder!" Trouble was brewing again... I only wanted to play the game with Golden Rose Syndicate, not some insane Master Beholder— Then this Lord Envoy seemed to be even more powerful than me... Just their presence was already restricting the flow of Mana inside this building.

Just as I felt the dreadful figure closing in, I instantly opened my eyes and cast my strongest spell, the Frost Blizzard! However, the Envoy did not panic but merely had a surprise face. My fatal storm of ice spikes could not hit him and only melted into particles of Mana when it touched his body!

"Young sorceress, you dared trick this Lord?!" As his voice echoed, the world froze, and all noise vanished. No, not noise, but the flowing motion of Mana. All Mana within the building froze, and I lost control of my Frost Blizzard immediately.

Thankfully, I had my stone dagger with me, so I used all my strength to swing it at the Envoy. At this distance, even an agile assassin would not be able to dodge it. Although a strong opponent would not necessarily die in one hit, this could be the turning point for my ambush.

"Little mortal, dipping into the dark art. Your trickery would not deceive my eyes." The Envoy taunted me as its hand strangely flashed and landed onto the dagger. With its mighty power, the hand directly crushed the dagger into pieces. Even if the dagger was already worn-down, crushing it like that gave me a chill.

My other hand threw my new potion at the Envoy, called Decaying Potion. It was an improved version of Decomposition Potion, but it could even eat away at the living being. It was very dangerous, so I had never used it to anything yet. Although it was dangerous to low-level mooks, I doubted I could defeat this nightmare of a being with it.

"What's this?!" The Envoy, after casually received the Decaying Potion with ease, cried out in surprise when he saw his skin getting somewhat reddish and rot. I must come back to thank Desmire for its Heart of Death.

"Arrival!" Taking the opportunity, I bit my tongue and spilt out my blood before shouting in the demonic language. The silent world began to resound, and a pair of dark hands manifested once again in my vision. The Envoy was shocked at something as his body trembled and his face twisted in pain. The Mana flow within the building turned chaotic with a hint of demonic power looming over everything.

"Blinding Light!" Remembering from Solet, I shouted one of his spells while the Envoy was distracted. A light flashed and engulfed the building in it.

I quickly turned into my Elemental Form and phased through the wall, rushing over an unknown distance before collapsing onto the ground, panting while coughing out blood. The blood was both mixed by blackened blood and crimson blood. I suffered again but in the hand of something stranger and stranger.

Before I could relax, a faint earthquake occurred, as well as an angry roar which echoed throughout the forest. I could feel my face paled as I struggled to move to Scribel City. Thankfully, I could remember the general directions and arrived at the city at dusk.

Troubles seemed to be piling on top of me non-stop...

Last edited:

Himekawa

> > >
Alchemist's Assistant - PART 3 (APPRAISED)
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

"Adventurer, I want you to make this potion for me."

Brew/Potion Details
Brewing MethodWhilst blindfolded
EffectForgetting/Remembering
Primary ingredientBrain of Lizard
Secondary ingredientGround pepper
DurationUntil next solstice/equinox
Side effect whilst potion is activeForget anything learned

"Buy the pepper on the market, and harvest a brain of a lizard. I believe you can find a gecko there." He looked above the door. She followed his gaze and found a gecko on the ceiling hunting for food, likely the mosquito.

She took the gecko and put it in a jar. Then she went to the market to buy pepper. As she returned, she grounded the pepper into a fine powder. After that, she extracted the brain of the gecko.

"Alright, the ingredients are prepared. Now, use this alcohol to submerge both ingredients. Starting from now, you must be blindfolded. So familiarize yourself with the location of everything in this room."

When she finished memorizing the layout of the room, the man gave her a black blindfold. He put them on her eyes and tie the ends of the blindfold into a knot behind her head.

"If you are ready, start working."

---------------------------------------------

"Follow my instructions. Put the grounded pepper, lizard brain and jar of alcohol onto one table on your right."

Her body turned to the location of the jar of alcohol. She consulted her mental map and walk straight while trying to touch the alcohol. As she hit something, she felt the shape of the item. It was the alcohol jar.

She oriented her body to the desk direction, and start moving, alcohol in hand. As she walked, the man said,

"The table is at your two o'clock direction."

Hearing the correction, she reoriented her body and move. Her right hand found the table. She put the alcohol jar on the table.

Next was the grounded pepper. The grounded pepper was placed on the other end of the room, beside the shelf containing various jar. She turned her body to that direction.

"A little bit more to the left. You'll hit my potion jar if you continue in that direction."

She complied.

"This potion has two component," he started, "the alchemical component and ritual component."

"The ritual component utilize your ability to memorize things. The clearer your ability to remember the layout, the stronger the potion's effect. For me, I have to rearrange the placement of the objects every time I wanted to create this potion. Since this is your first time, you can do it as it is."

She reached the table where she ground the pepper.

"Use your senses, other than sight. Sharpen them, feel the world around you." He said.

When she heard this, she reminded herself that she could use her nose.

"The more things you sacrificed, the stronger the potion will be. Now, you lose your sight through the blindfold. Next time you attempt this, try to limit your hearing in addition to blindfold. Then smell, then touch, then taste. Each blocked sense will make this potion more potent."

She took the grounded pepper.

"The potion will make you forget. You will be unable to learn at all, until the next solistice or equinox."

"But, this is limited to what you see, and what you hear. Again, you use your other senses to learn what you need to learn after you consume this potion. As for the sight or hearing, the potion made it so that your long time memory seemingly disconnected from the other process on your brain."

She managed to reach the desk, and put the grounded pepper beside the alcohol.

"At the solistice or equinox, every moment you spent under this potion will be recalled vividly, that you possibly won't ever forget it until you die. Every moment will flash before your eyes, and you will remember."

The location of the gecko's brain was not far from the desk. She found the plate where she extracted the brain. She returned and put it on the desk."

"Since the ingredients are gathered, mix them all, and shake it well."

She opened the alcohol lid and put the brain of the lizard and pepper into the alcohol. after closing the lid, she shook it.

"That's enough. Open your blindfold."

----------------------------------------------

"One precaution. The potion is not made for learning something in depth. You probably be able to memorize seven book in three days if you want, but you won't have comprehension. Learn something like the basics of sword fighting or something where the fundamental is extremely important. Also, if you need the breadth of knowledge instead of depth, this potion is suitable to use. Since you have completed the potion, your apprenticeship with me is done. Report to the receptionist above."

She thanked the man, and went down to the receptionist. After she got the proof of completion, she went back to the guild to submit her report.

Last edited:

Himekawa

> > >
Driving the Wagon (APPRAISED)
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
  • Other: n/a
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >

She wondered, where was the thieves and vagabonds?

In the guild archive, she cross-checked every information about either Asteria Village, or this quest itself. The village was located west of here, and could be reached within 3 days. What she found was that the road was mostly safe. As for the encounter with thieves and vagabonds, zero.

Why then, the merchant guild made a warning about vagabonds and thieves? was there an incident around the road? She hadn't found any record, but she likely did not dig deep enough. Should she take a precaution?

------------------------------------------------
In the end, she went with hiring a guard for this quest. Apparently there was a subsidy from the guard office, as long as she agreed to go to with the guard that would be stationed at the Asteria village relay station. She paid the two guard a total of 30G, and went with them to the village. In approximately three days, they arrived, and she gave the goods to the merchant guild representative there.

In the end, there was no actual thieves, or vagabonds for that matter. She thanked her good luck and returned to the guild to report the quest.

Last edited:

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
QUEST REPORT (APPRAISED)
Title: Mightier than the Sword
Sponsor
: Merchant's Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Go to the merchant guild offices, talk to the Merchant Guild master and receive your award
  • Prerequisite: Evaluated 30 reports. Once per character
  • (Optional) Be convinced to work at the merchant's guild's Gelderholm office and live in fear of monster attacks and die in a war in the future.
  • (Optional) Leave the merchant guild office cordially.
Description:
The Merchant guild recognize what amazing talent you guild receptionists are, where the Adventurer's guild only offer you the meagre sum as wages. We the Great Merchants of Tonia have endlessly deep pockets, and we reward our staff accordingly, and since we see your guild is lacking in resources, we will reward you in their stead....

With an amazing badge! And some coin. Because we are super generous, kekekekeke!

You ever want to work for us instead? We have an opening in Gelderholm, I see you will be an amazing asset there.

Interested?

Rewards:
  • Money: 50
  • [Bronze Badge of Customer Service] - One time use enchantment / protect against one physical attack OR protect against one psychological attack. While you have the badge merchants in the the merchants guild are more inclined to give you a discount.
Report - Solet' Luna
After handing the evidence for my evaluation process and records, I was brought to the inner room and told to wait for their guild master. Of course, the man was just a branch leader and not the actual, legendary figures that controlled the upper echelon of the Merchant Guild.

"Greeting, Miss Solet' Luna. Please forgive me for my late arrival." The branch leader spoke with a wide grin on his face, revealing his white teeth and one golden fake tooth. Such an extravagant display of wealth.

"This is nothing at all, Guild Master." I smiled and answered softly, waiting for him to speak his mind.

"So, Miss, have you ever considered joining our Merchant Guild? We are undoubtedly more resourceful than the Adventure Guild. Golds, treasures, lands, property, lordships, knowledge... Everything one could find in this world, we have them all." The Guild Master spoke to me, making an exaggerated face while doing so.

"Is that so? Then, let me ask you something first. If you could answer my questions, then I'll consider your proposal." As I laid out the bait, the Guild Master slightly opened his eyes, revealing a red gleam from his eye colour. As expected, this Merchant Guild is not just some ordinary guild.

"Of course, ask right away, Miss Luna." After a while, the Guild Master addressed me by my name. It seemed that he already had some information about my circumstance before meeting me. Such a cautious person...

I looked around the guest room and felt a few strong aurae hidden inside the shadow of the room. Their presence reminded me of the five-men party from Golden Rose Syndicate. A group of strong individuals... To be the protector of a mere branch leader...

"Have you ever heard about the Golden Rose Syndicate?" As my voice faded, I could feel the surrounding tensed up, and the curtain of the window would slowly fall down, covering the transparent window to prevent anyone from spying.

"Miss Luna, it seems that you have been meddling with the underground affair? Although we seldom cross path with them, the Syndicate is still quite famous for their multitude of expertise, but, to compare them to us? They're still too small." Sensing that the Guild Master had raised his guard up a little, I continued to ask him.

"Then, Master Beholder?" I could see the Guild Master's face twitched a little.

"Eh— That old geezer is quite eccentric and mysterious. I suggested that you don't try to play tricks with him. He had lived for quite a while, you see, a few hundred and still counting." There was a hint of fear in his voice. It seemed that the Merchant Guild had endured a beating from this Master Beholder.

"Last question... What about the Adventure Guild and their Portal to Another World?" The temperature of this room seemed to drop to almost the freezing point after I uttered my questions.

Silence prevailed for a few minutes before the Guild Master decided to speak again.

"Miss Luna, I'm afraid that your power and authority aren't enough to access this information." His face turned serious, and his happy-go-lucky attitude disappeared into thin air.

"... Very well, your intelligent network had surpassed my expectation. As promised, I'll formally join your Merchant Guild then." I smiled as I accepted his invitation. Although being an adventurer was cool, I did not plan to gather everything by myself. If I could find a reliable source of material, then it would help me progress through this world faster.

"Glad to be working with you, Miss Luna." Handing me a golden business card, the Guild Master called out some bodyguards to escort me away.

Compared to the golden business card, the Bronze Badge seemed to be lesser in value.

Last edited:

Obscura_Luna

**QUEST REPORT - DONE/FILED**
Hunting Mission
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt some medium-large game.
  • Bring it back to the guild.
  • Meat must be edible and fresh.
The chef at the guild wants some ingredients re-stocked!
Of course there needs to be meat! Meat!! Meat!!!!
Bring us some meat!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G
  • Other: 5 jerky

While looking at the quest board, he found that the orphanage still in need of some tools. But he couldn’t really get them except buying them from the store. And to do that, he needs to gain money. Amongst the job there, hunting is the one that he thinks he could do most efficiently. He then nodded to himself as he once again took the hunting job. It was, after all, the only thing he could do to gain more money fast. And seeing that the mission constantly appeared, he could bring as much as possible.

Armed with his trusty bow, a quiver of arrow, knife, and his hunting axe, his rusty hatchet, and his usual gear, he entered the forest once more, ready to take on the dangerous forest and hoping to get out with some good prey for his mission, and maybe some extra that he can sell. He then used his usual method, waiting for his prey. After picking a tree with a good spot and height, he quickly climbed them with ease. With arrow at the ready, he then scouted out the place.

A few pheasants roamed around the area, which might be a good idea. But that will not be enough. Sure, he would be able to hunt them easily and bring it back, but it will be just enough for the quest. After splitting the parts, even including the innards and feather, it would just be sold for small changes. He needs something bigger, much bigger.

The hunter then waited some more. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes to hours. It was quite normal for him. Patience is one of the things that was taught to him by his mentor. Haste makes waste, he said. And thus he often waited for a long time, just to pick out the best prey. “…calm down, you can do this…” He whispered to himself as he looked to the myriad of animals that kept walking, ignoring his existence as he tried his best to blend with nature.

More pheasants, deer, some boars, even more pheasants. “…not much of them today, I guess,” he whispered to himself again. He was about to give up and just hunt one of the many pheasants that were somehow walking around on the forest floor. But he stopped. The arrow that was nocked was lowered and then he let out a grin under his hood. “…find you…” His whisper was full of excitement as he saw the one. The one and only prey.

The beast stood tall amongst the other ones. Proud and gallant. Its large antlers showed nothing but majestic. An elk. An adult one. It was one of the biggest herbivore prey he got so far. He hunted one in the past. At that time, he was with his mentor and a few village hunters. It took them quite some time, but it was due to winter. They ended up with a very large loot that day. The meat, innards, fur, hoofs, and, last but definitely not least, the grand antler. It was so big that it could be made into several items, even for a trophy that they mounted with pride on their small hunting shack.

Just remembering the hunt of the past was enough to make the humble hunter gets excited. He then formed a few plans in his head. Due to it being that big, full-frontal confrontation is not the best plan. It is being surrounded by its herd, and charging on it will be a certain failure. Either it will escape with its herd or it will charge back, injuring him or even killing him if not careful. Those antlers are not a joke. Sharp and a visible sign of power. The leader, usually called a bull, is known to use its big and sharp antlers as a deadly weapon. Even amongst its species, the bull is not afraid to use it to seriously injure its fellow bull when fighting for their harem.

And judging from its size, this one bull is one of the strong ones. A fitting prey for him. The thought of having to return the meat, all fresh and ready to be processed, and then taking the antlers from it, maybe carving it into something that he can use or even donate to the orphanage is enough to make him let out a small laugh to himself. While he was daydreaming about it, he noticed the herd started to move. He quickly climbed down the tree stealthily and then followed the herd from afar.

The herd moved from one spot to another, and the hunter followed them from afar, bow and arrow ready to hunt if the chances arise. But so far, the bull moved in a very tight herd, making it unable to take a good aim. Setting out some trap would be his plan, but seeing that the size of the herd is too big, he couldn’t do that as easy as he expected. Sure he could just pick some of the smaller cows, but he doesn’t want that. He wanted that bull. He needed that bull to get his money and to be able to do more for the kids.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he was unable to think of a good way. All he needs is to separate the big one from the herd and then he could take it down easily. One or two shots from his trusty bow will be enough to subdue the great beast before he swoops in and deliver the finishing blow with either of his axe or his knife. But he didn’t know how to do it.

Then a slight howl echoed in the forest. He picked up his arrow and then looked at the source of the howl. Then they appeared one by one. The predator that has almost made his latest hunting came to a failure. The wolves. And it seemed that the wolves have ambushed the herd of elk with a clear intention of making them their next meal. At first, he was annoyed at them suddenly showing up like that. But then he realized something. “…this might work…” The fact that the pack of wolves appeared has indeed made this hunting job more difficult. But at the same time, it could be used as a way for him to gain an advantage.

He then tried to move to a better spot while watching the whole things unfold. Just as he expected, the bull came out in front as it tried to defend its herd. Some of the wolves tried to encircle the herd, making them moved into a tight formation. Some of the smaller bulls even tried to scare them away by pointing their antlers at them. The wolves kept growling, scaring some of them, meanwhile the big bull just focused on controlling the herd and showing them that he is willing to sacrifice its life for the herd and will definitely kill some of the predators that dare threaten them.

Michuema just readied his arrow, nocked it, and pulled the string. He then let one of his arrow flown toward the herd. The target is one of the smaller bulls. Of course, not to kill it, just enough to scare it. Maybe injuring it if the bull is not careful. And the arrow landed, on the ground, near the smaller bull, making it let out a loud sound in panic. That single panic moment was not missed by the wolves. One of them entered the fray and tried to separate one of the cows from the herd.

But to his dismay, the main bull came and charge at the wolf, shooing it away while letting out loud sound. The wolf that tried that ended up being slightly grazed by the antlers, evident from the small spots of blood on the grass as it tried to regroup with its fellow predator

He then tried to do the same again, this time aiming at the one on the far back of the herd. This time, the arrow landed on the smaller bull’s hind leg, injuring it slightly. In pain, it let out a loud sound again. This time, instead of one wolf, a group of three came charging at the herd. One of them managed to mount one of the cows and even dragged it down with its weight. The cow, clearly scared of its life, let out the same panic sound. In which came the bull, charging at the wolf and send it rolling on the ground before hitting the tree. Just from the sound of impact alone, Michuema could see that the injury inflicted would be more than just minor. And he was right, the wolf let out a soft whimper as it tried to stand again, only to fall down again. Some blood drip on the ground from the injury that was made by the elk’s grand antlers.

“…difficult…,” he mumbled to himself. The elk in question is too strong. Seeing it able to fend off the wolves easily, he was thankful he didn’t charge in like an idiot. Once again he was reminded the very reason why at that time he didn’t hunt the elk all alone. It is a suicidal act. Even that one wolf that survived the elk’s antler won’t have that long to live. Internal injuries might just happen at that very moment of impact.

Just as he was frustrated at what to do, a howl came again. This time, it was not from the visible pack as the pack that already appeared looked back to the source of the howl. The hunter also joined them in looking at the direction of the sound, only to let out a small gasp. “…you…”

It was a wolf, a bit bigger than the other. The one thing that made gasp in surprise was not the size of the beast, but what the beast had on its leg. An arrow. It was a very familiar arrow for the hunter. “…from that night…,” he whispered. Yes, it was the wolf that came on his first night watch. He released one single arrow that night, and it traveled straight to the particular wolf. The beast that night quickly left the area and he was told not to give chase. “…we meet again…” For some reason, he couldn’t help but let out a small smile. It was as if he was meeting an old rival. A mixed of excitement and anxiety.

The big wolf then looked at the big bull. It was a stare-off between the leaders of the groups. The wolves let out a loud growl, as if feeling bolder with their leader arriving at the scene. The table quickly turned. The whole herd became restless, the hunter could see that. As the big bull stood its ground, the wolves started circling them again, this time with their leader facing the big bull. It was only a matter of time before the slaughter began.

Knowing that, the hunter pulled out another arrow, nocked them, and aimed at them. This time, to the middle of the herd. He purposely trying to hit the ground in the middle of the packed herd to scare them. Then as the arrow landed near the big group of elk, the herd turned into panic. Panic spread like fire and the herd was unable to act together. The panic turned into chaos as the wolves started to separate the herd. This time, the big bull couldn’t protect them all. The formation has already broken and the moment it turned around, the alpha wolf leapt into action. It tried to attack the big bull, which led to them fighting with each other.

Michuema smiled as the chaos he planted managed to do what he needed. To separate the herd. But that was only the first step. He needs to take down said prey before he could call this hunting a success. But that would be stealing the prey of a big wolf. He then prepared himself for some difficult fight ahead.

With the chaos turning more and more with each passing seconds, he followed the sight of the two large beasts. The wolf has seemingly given his pack to deal with the herd, not even participating one bit at hunting, instead focusing on fighting the large elk. The large elk, on the other hand, could not give up on the herd, visible from the times it kept looking back at them that was clearly being slaughtered by the hungry wolves. It was a terrible sight to see, but for the humble hunter, it is simply nature. Natural in every way. The law of the prey and predator. As simple as that, even if it is vicious and merciless. The weak shall be prey for the strong. That is the sole reason Michuema kept honing his skill that won’t be that weak prey.

As he looked at the separated herd, he couldn’t help but feel he needs to do something quick. He will need to take down the elk and also steal the carcass before the alpha wolf even realized his existence. Counting his arrows, he then took out his knife and his rope. The humble hunter then wrapped the rope around the handle of the knife and tied it tightly before stretching it out slightly. He then also picked up several rocks, sharp ones, and pocketed them. Next would be the hatchet, in which he placed a bit in front than usual. Finished with his preparation, he then looked at the two beasts that were still in battle. “…make it fast, make it clean…” He then leapt onto a nearby bush.

As the wolves were having fun hunting the weak herd, they failed to see that another party will disrupt their fun again. A small rock flew toward one of them as it tried to pounce on one of them. It hit the wolf on the head, making it disoriented. The other wolf, noticing that its comrade has been hit by something looked around, only to get the same treatment as its partner. A rock flew toward its snot, making it let out a gag and groan and slightly disoriented. More and more of the wolves become the victim of the mysterious flying rocks, disrupting their hunting formation.

The panicking herd saw that and it used the gap in their attention to escape the wolf pack. Seeing that their easy prey tried to escape, the other wolves quickly gave chase to them, leaving their alpha wolf to deal with the big elk by itself. Some of them even separated themselves to be able to ambush the escaping herd later on.

“…good…” The hunter whispered to himself as his small plan worked as intended. It was a gamble, but it was a gamble worth having. With this, he can focus on the two big beasts. He shifted his attention to the two beasts, which never stopped fighting. It was also clear that the big elk wanted to chase its herd, but the alpha wolf refused to let it go, growling while flashing its rows of sharp teeth at it. In response, the elk let out a loud voice while aiming its great antlers at the wolf. It seems that it was not their first clash as both of them has sustained some injuries and some part of them have some patches of blood.

Then suddenly a single arrow traveled through the air. The whistling sound it made as it pierced the air made the two looked at the source of the sound, only to realize that the arrow was moving straight toward the alpha wolf. Caught by surprise, the wolf only managed to dodge it slightly, making the arrow hit it on the front leg instead of its neck. But it was enough to make it growled in pain and thrashed around slightly.

Seeing the alpha wolf has been attacked by a mysterious attacker, the elk quickly turned around, only to see another arrow traveled through the air and hit him on its hind leg. In pain, it started to look around in panic. Then as if that was not enough, a figure leapt from the bush and jumped onto its back. Panic due to the sudden turn of event, the elk tried to throw back the figure, only to realize that it has a rope entangled around its neck. Loud voice came from the elk, but the figure just tightened the rope. Yes, it was the hunter. He had used the moment of panic to quickly slip under them and then jumped onto the big elk, put the rope around its neck and then just used the knife as an impromptu handle.

The big beast thrashed around, trying its best to throw away the hunter while also being choked. It was not an easy task for the hunter either since it was such a big beast, he used all of his efforts just to stay on top of it. “Damn you!” he shouted at the elk as it tightened the rope around its neck, choking it even further. The mixture of pain and the lack of oxygen made the elk losing its focus. But then a loud growl came from near it as the previous alpha wolf stood again and looked at the hunter.

The moment it laid its eyes on him, the memory of the previous arrow that hit it when it carelessly moved near the wall of the city resurfaced, angering the beast even more. And the hunter has the nerve of trying to steal its prey right under its nose. A loud growl came from the wolf as it leapt at the elk. But instead of trying to take down the elk, it tried to take down the hunter.

Michuema only managed to duck down in the last second, barely missing the claw and fangs of the wolf. “Not good,” he whispered to himself as he looked at the situation. His original plan was to subdue the elk, either by suffocating it or by stabbing it on the neck. But the constant struggle made him unable to do that. If he managed to do that, he could also kill the wolf by shooting some more arrow at it. But with his plan turned disarray, he needed to think of a way to do this or he will risk losing his life, either by the bite of the wolf or the stab from the elk’s antler. “Not good,” he whispered to himself once again.

Just as he tried to think of a way, the elk started to move again, feeling the danger that came from both the hunter and the wolf. It started to galloped away, trying to at least escape the wolf. The hunter held the rope for his dear life as the elk continued to gallop through the forest, hitting some branches along the way. As he glanced back, he noticed that the wolf has also given chase even with its injured front leg.

He tried to reach for his bow but realized it was impossible since he was barely clinging to the elk. Losing one grip on the rope would spell doom for him. But killing the elk would also spell doom for him since he knows that he will be thrown away and the chance of him landing gently is next to nothing. The time that he will take to regain his balance would be used by the chasing wolf to kill him. At that point, he is at lost.

Then to his surprise, he saw a hill not far from their spot. He then used the rope to somehow steer the rampaging elk to head there. Maybe he could at least gain an upper ground. The elk was forced to move toward said hill. The wolf, as expected, followed suit. When it reached the top of the hill, he used the rope once more to steer the elk to turn around. It was not an easy task as the elk kept struggling and he also struggled to stay on top of the elk. After much effort and difficulties, he managed to turn the elk around and faced the wolf. With the wolf trying to climb up the hill and the elk running downhill, both have next to no control. The hunter aimed the make the two crashed toward each other. But it tried to avoid the wolf. Frustrated, the hunter ended up stabbing the elk on the back of its neck and pushed its head down, letting it crashed to the wolf in a horrific manner.

The impact threw the hunter off the elk onto the hard ground. He rolled off the ground as it force was quite powerful. After hitting a tree, he let out a pained groan and finally stopped. He tried to get up, but the taste of iron on his mouth made him vomit. It was clear that something broke. But he needs to stand up, or he will definitely die.

As he stood up, he saw the figure of the wolf coming closer to him. It was clear that he is not going to escape the wolf without a fight. And with his condition not fit for battle, the odds is definitely against him. But he also noticed that the wolf was in the same condition as him. Body all injured all over due to the fight with the elk, front leg got an arrow stuck on it, and another fresh wound on its body courtesy of the crash with the elk’s grand antlers. The two hunters were at a slightly equal injured state. And both hunters knew that only one of them will escape the forest alive.

Somehow that face made him smiled. A crazy man’s smile spread on his face as he faced the alpha wolf. He pulled out the hunting axe, feeling pain just from that movement alone, a sign that his back might have been injured more than he thought. “Come on,” he said with a low tone. “COME ON!” he shouted this time. That shout became the start of their battle. The wolf leapt at him, fangs ready to bite his neck. But the hunter lowered his body just in time, avoiding the deadly pounce. While under the wolf, he swung his axe at it and the axe connected to the wolf’s side, drawing even more blood and a loud roar from the wolf.

After that first attack, the wolf took some distance from him and encircled him while growling. The hunter also started to move, trying to keep the wolf in his sight. Then this time, the one that leapt was the hunter. With axe on his hand, he tried to slash the wolf, only to see the wolf dodged and even slammed its body at him, making the hunter once again thrown onto the air and rolling on the ground. Not wanting to waste the chance, the wolf ran forward and tried to bite the hunter, only to see him rolled sideways and ran slightly away from the beast.

Once more the two ended up in a staring contest. The two just stood there, staring at each other. Their breathing was the only movement they made. They know that the first to make the move will lose the game. And they just waited.

Then something happened. A droplet of water landed on the nearby grass. Then another also came down. The gentle drizzle then turned into a full downpour. But the two hunters still stood there without doing anything, only staring at each other. For the two, it was as if the two were the only creatures that exist in that forest.

The downpour continues. In fact, it turned worse with each passing time. Then the sound of thunder roared on the air. What came next was a lightning strike that hit the ground. The two then started running the moment the flash entered their eyes, ready to deliver the finishing strike. The wolf with its large body managed to jump and pounce on the humble hunter. Meanwhile, pinned by the beast, he continued to strike the wolf on its side. Roaring in pain, the wolf tried to bite the hunter’s neck, only to be hindered by the hunting axe’s handle that he jammed on the wolf’s mouth. The wolf struggled to bit it, but it was losing too much strength due to the numerous injury and the loss of blood. Michuema then pulled out the last tool he has, the rusty hatchet, and hacked it near the wolf’s neck, pushed it as much as possible with his remaining strength. With a loud shout, he pushed it again while also maintaining the hunting axe. The blade of the rusty hatchet then drew more blood as it hit a big blood vessel on the wolf’s neck. And that was the last straw. The moment the hatchet has penetrated the blood vessel of the mighty alpha wolf, it has lost the game.

After a few seconds, the wolf was losing its strength and finally ceased its struggle. He could feel that as he felt the beast started to turn heavier. With his remaining strength, he rolled the wolf aside and just lied there next to it, breathing heavily as the rain washed over him. “…I…d-did it….,” he whispered to himself. It was a feat that he never expected to achieve. But then again, confronting an alpha wolf only with a rusty hatchet and a hunting axe is never a good idea. “…I…need….to rethink of my….method…”

With difficulty, he pulled up his body into a sitting position. The moment he did that, he could feel pain all over his body. While he had not lost any blood, except for the ones he vomited, he is convinced that he probably had some internal injury. He stood up and looked at the mighty wolf he met on his first day as a night watch. “…honorable fight,” he whispered to no one in particular, “but…I won…” He then used the hatchet to pry open the wolf’s jaw and pulled out the hunting axe. Putting the hatchet onto his belt, he then readied his axe and chopped the wolf’s head off. “..a worthy opponent you are…”

He then quickly cut the fur off the wolf. While the wolf was not in his list of target that day, he couldn’t just leave the previous fur to go to waste, especially so since it was the fur of an alpha wolf. It took him quite a while to do since he only has an axe with him. The then rolled the fur and then stood up and looked at it once again. He nodded at it while giving his last respect to the mighty beast.

As he struggled to move around, he looked at the direction of the previous crash. He walked quickly, or at least tried to, toward the elk. After a few minutes, he reached his destination and saw that the elk was there, collapsed and died of blood loss due to the stab he did. He checked the elk one last time and he was glad that he managed to get that in time before any other predator started to feast on it.

After removing the knife from the elk’s neck, he then untied the rope and started carving the elk. It would be best to bring the whole carcass, but that is an impossible feat considering the size of the animal and also the condition of the forest, not to mention that he himself was injured. He then cut the elk carefully, not wanting to waste anything as much as possible. After considering his own strength, he ended up with just the majority of the meat and the leather. He would give the meat wrapped in some leaves to the guild as a way to finish the quest.

For the finishing touch, he then looked at the elk’s head. “You…give me so much trouble…” He then pulled out his hunting axe and noticed that the bite mark on its handle. He was thankful that the handle didn’t break when the wolf bites on to it. The axe was swung and landed on the elk’s antlers. It was not enough to cut it away, thus he did it once more. In the end, he did it about five times before the antlers finally rolled away from the head. As he picked up the grand antlers, he looked at it in awe. It was magnificent. A trophy worth risking his life.

After that thought, he realized something. Why was he risking his life? Then the face of the orphanage and the kids entered his mind. The caretaker, Tabea, waving at the kids. Was it for them? If yes, why? He hardly knew them. But for some reason, he wanted to help him. And why did he felt that pang of pain when he listened to her telling her that some other adventurer has done much better than him? Was it due to him feeling the need of being accepted by someone? By the guild? By the orphanage?

“…why?....” He then looked at the remains of the elk. It couldn’t answer him. He knows that. All he knows is that he needs to get back carrying a big load of meat, leather, fur, and antlers. It will be a long and arduous journey back to the city, but it will be a journey he has to do. As he carried the loot of his recent hunt, he looked at the rainy sky.

“…I hope I could make it back to the guild in one piece…” And with that, he started his walk back to the city, avoiding any wild beast as much as he could. He managed to do that, but he almost drop down the loot every now and then, an evidence that he might overdo his hunting at that time. “…I really need to rethink my method…,” he promised to himself as he entered the guild.

Last edited:
Evaluation

Report - Solet' Luna
After handing the evidence for my evaluation process and records, I was brought to the inner room and told to wait for their guild master. Of course, the man was just a branch leader and not the actual, legendary figures that controlled the upper echelon of the Merchant Guild.

"Greeting, Miss Solet' Luna. Please forgive me for my late arrival." The branch leader spoke with a wide grin on his face, revealing his white teeth and one golden fake tooth. Such an extravagant display of wealth.

"This is nothing at all, Guild Master." I smiled and answered softly, waiting for him to speak his mind.

"So, Miss, have you ever considered joining our Merchant Guild? We are undoubtedly more resourceful than the Adventure Guild. Golds, treasures, lands, property, lordships, knowledge... Everything one could find in this world, we have them all." The Guild Master spoke to me, making an exaggerated face while doing so.

"Is that so? Then, let me ask you something first. If you could answer my questions, then I'll consider your proposal." As I laid out the bait, the Guild Master slightly opened his eyes, revealing a red gleam from his eye colour. As expected, this Merchant Guild is not just some ordinary guild.

"Of course, ask right away, Miss Luna." After a while, the Guild Master addressed me by my name. It seemed that he already had some information about my circumstance before meeting me. Such a cautious person...

I looked around the guest room and felt a few strong aurae hidden inside the shadow of the room. Their presence reminded me of the five-men party from Golden Rose Syndicate. A group of strong individuals... To be the protector of a mere branch leader...

"Have you ever heard about the Golden Rose Syndicate?" As my voice faded, I could feel the surrounding tensed up, and the curtain of the window would slowly fall down, covering the transparent window to prevent anyone from spying.

"Miss Luna, it seems that you have been meddling with the underground affair? Although we seldom cross path with them, the Syndicate is still quite famous for their multitude of expertise, but, to compare them to us? They're still too small." Sensing that the Guild Master had raised his guard up a little, I continued to ask him.

"Then, Master Beholder?" I could see the Guild Master's face twitched a little.

"Eh— That old geezer is quite eccentric and mysterious. I suggested that you don't try to play tricks with him. He had lived for quite a while, you see, a few hundred and still counting." There was a hint of fear in his voice. It seemed that the Merchant Guild had endured a beating from this Master Beholder.

"Last question... What about the Adventure Guild and their Portal to Another World?" The temperature of this room seemed to drop to almost the freezing point after I uttered my questions.

Silence prevailed for a few minutes before the Guild Master decided to speak again.

"Miss Luna, I'm afraid that your power and authority aren't enough to access this information." His face turned serious, and his happy-go-lucky attitude disappeared into thin air.

"... Very well, your intelligent network had surpassed my expectation. As promised, I'll formally join your Merchant Guild then." I smiled as I accepted his invitation. Although being an adventurer was cool, I did not plan to gather everything by myself. If I could find a reliable source of material, then it would help me progress through this world faster.

"Glad to be working with you, Miss Luna." Handing me a golden business card, the Guild Master called out some bodyguards to escort me away.

Compared to the golden business card, the Bronze Badge seemed to be lesser in value.

A few days later, a package arrived for Solet' Luna, within was a Bronze Badge and a certified documentation of the item, and also a contract of employment, and a letter it was written on a pitch black paper with golden lettering.

Dear Miss Luna,

Thank you for becoming a part of our great guild. We, at the merchant guild head office understands that you will be an amazing asset. Although we would very much like to offer you a post at Gelderholm as a high-level administrator. Upon reviewing our dossier on you we deemed it a great waste of your abilities to put you behind a desk. Therefore the Merchant Guild home office will assign you as an information gatherer of the guild, our eyes and ear. Continue as an adventurer, but remember you answer to us, a loyalty priced in gold. We look forward to working with you.

May the the value of gold defend you.
MG Control

Reward:
  • Money: 50
  • [Bronze Badge of Customer Service] - One time use enchantment / protect against one physical attack OR protect against one psychological attack. While you have the badge merchants in the the merchants guild are more inclined to give you a discount.
  • Golden business card: you are now an associate of the merchants guild, a place of wily individuals and overly complicated schemes, they fights not with swords and sticks but with words and contracts.
  • BONUS: You have unlocked the merchant's guild's Information broker related narratives.
    • You may add the title/subclass: Novice Informant
    • You can complete quest requiring Merchant Guild licence, without completing Driving the Wagon Quest
    • You may be offered information collecting QUESTS to spy/investigate on ANYONE the merchant guild wants
    • You may find visit merchant guild to trade information with other information or simply with money and favours, but you are a newbie, no one trusts you.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Quest report: Appraised
> > >
Giant Rat Subjugation
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel City Sewers.
  • Dispose of the corpses.
  • Collect 20 giant rat tails.
The Scribel City Sewers are notorious for being invested with various critters.
Overgrown giant rats are a concern because they can spread disease.
While not too dangerous, they are agile and difficult to catch.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
> > >
My cat, Karyl, recently has been restless, and she's just getting fat, chilling at home and eating.
"Merrow!"
Sorry, you're not fat! I swear!

Anyhow, I saw this quest about giant rat subjugation, and thought this is a perfect opportunity for Karyl to get some exercise and work for once. And all they want is the giant rat tails, and they never specified how they want us to dispose of the corpses, so 20 giant rat corpses should be enough to feed both of us for a while.

We descended to the sewers, with Karyl clinging tightly to me. Luckily, it seemed that she could sense them so she guided me toward where the rats were hiding. Unfortunately, the rats sensed me before I could get close enough to slice them up, and began running. I chased after them, but they are rather fast. Why does my dinner always run away from me....

To close the gap (and make Karyl work), I plucked her off me and threw her at the giant rats. She howled and hissed as she sped at the rats. My aim was good and she landed right on one of them. Instead of clawing and biting the rat to death though, she just gave me a nasty glare and gave me a look as if asking me what to do. Well, the extra weight from the fat Karyl clinging onto the rat, I mean, completely normal weighted Karyl, slowed down the giant rat enough for me to run up and decapitate it though.

While cleaning up the corpse, I told Karyl, "Come on, you used to be good at killing monsters, blasting them off with your magic, casting shadowbolt or whatever it was. Just do the same here... Oh wait, you don't have a grimoire with you huh."
Karyl gave me that look and mimed grabbing something with her paws.
"Oh right, you wouldn't be able to hold one as you are either... Well, now you're a cat so just do what cats do and claw and bite them to death! They're rats. They're your natural prey!"
Karyl rolled her eyes at me.

The second time I threw her, she tried to bite the giant rat, and immediately started spitting out the blood and giving me a dirty look. Guess she doesn't like the taste of giant rat blood.

For the other 18 times, she just acted as a paperweight, and occasionally clawed a few of the rats. So much for making her exercise. Oh well, at least her weight is useful here. Maybe it's fine if she becomes nice and chubby?

After cleaning and gutting the giant rats, I made sure I collected the tails in a bag, burned the excess corpses, and took the rest of the meat with me. I wonder which one of the new cooking appliances at the guild kitchen should I try to use? Hopefully Rordon Gamsey could give me tips. I just need to wear a disguise, and he'll never recognize me, right?

Now I wonder if they sell any spellbooks that a cat can use....

Anyhow, attached are the 20 giant rat tails.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Appraisal

Today there was a considerably bigger than average report in the desk, awaiting appraisal. The other receptionists seemed to shy away from it and focus on the easier to appraise ones instead, so I decided to sit down and take a look at it, while praying it wasn't accompanied by yet more troublesome news.
**QUEST REPORT**

While looking at the quest board, he found that the orphanage still in need of some tools. But he couldn’t really get them except buying them from the store. And to do that, he needs to gain money. Amongst the job there, hunting is the one that he thinks he could do most efficiently. He then nodded to himself as he once again took the hunting job. It was, after all, the only thing he could do to gain more money fast. And seeing that the mission constantly appeared, he could bring as much as possible.

Armed with his trusty bow, a quiver of arrow, knife, and his hunting axe, his rusty hatchet, and his usual gear, he entered the forest once more, ready to take on the dangerous forest and hoping to get out with some good prey for his mission, and maybe some extra that he can sell. He then used his usual method, waiting for his prey. After picking a tree with a good spot and height, he quickly climbed them with ease. With arrow at the ready, he then scouted out the place.

A few pheasants roamed around the area, which might be a good idea. But that will not be enough. Sure, he would be able to hunt them easily and bring it back, but it will be just enough for the quest. After splitting the parts, even including the innards and feather, it would just be sold for small changes. He needs something bigger, much bigger.

The hunter then waited some more. Seconds turned to minutes and minutes to hours. It was quite normal for him. Patience is one of the things that was taught to him by his mentor. Haste makes waste, he said. And thus he often waited for a long time, just to pick out the best prey. “…calm down, you can do this…” He whispered to himself as he looked to the myriad of animals that kept walking, ignoring his existence as he tried his best to blend with nature.

More pheasants, deer, some boars, even more pheasants. “…not much of them today, I guess,” he whispered to himself again. He was about to give up and just hunt one of the many pheasants that were somehow walking around on the forest floor. But he stopped. The arrow that was nocked was lowered and then he let out a grin under his hood. “…find you…” His whisper was full of excitement as he saw the one. The one and only prey.

The beast stood tall amongst the other ones. Proud and gallant. Its large antlers showed nothing but majestic. An elk. An adult one. It was one of the biggest herbivore prey he got so far. He hunted one in the past. At that time, he was with his mentor and a few village hunters. It took them quite some time, but it was due to winter. They ended up with a very large loot that day. The meat, innards, fur, hoofs, and, last but definitely not least, the grand antler. It was so big that it could be made into several items, even for a trophy that they mounted with pride on their small hunting shack.

Just remembering the hunt of the past was enough to make the humble hunter gets excited. He then formed a few plans in his head. Due to it being that big, full-frontal confrontation is not the best plan. It is being surrounded by its herd, and charging on it will be a certain failure. Either it will escape with its herd or it will charge back, injuring him or even killing him if not careful. Those antlers are not a joke. Sharp and a visible sign of power. The leader, usually called a bull, is known to use its big and sharp antlers as a deadly weapon. Even amongst its species, the bull is not afraid to use it to seriously injure its fellow bull when fighting for their harem.

And judging from its size, this one bull is one of the strong ones. A fitting prey for him. The thought of having to return the meat, all fresh and ready to be processed, and then taking the antlers from it, maybe carving it into something that he can use or even donate to the orphanage is enough to make him let out a small laugh to himself. While he was daydreaming about it, he noticed the herd started to move. He quickly climbed down the tree stealthily and then followed the herd from afar.

The herd moved from one spot to another, and the hunter followed them from afar, bow and arrow ready to hunt if the chances arise. But so far, the bull moved in a very tight herd, making it unable to take a good aim. Setting out some trap would be his plan, but seeing that the size of the herd is too big, he couldn’t do that as easy as he expected. Sure he could just pick some of the smaller cows, but he doesn’t want that. He wanted that bull. He needed that bull to get his money and to be able to do more for the kids.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he was unable to think of a good way. All he needs is to separate the big one from the herd and then he could take it down easily. One or two shots from his trusty bow will be enough to subdue the great beast before he swoops in and deliver the finishing blow with either of his axe or his knife. But he didn’t know how to do it.

Then a slight howl echoed in the forest. He picked up his arrow and then looked at the source of the howl. Then they appeared one by one. The predator that has almost made his latest hunting came to a failure. The wolves. And it seemed that the wolves have ambushed the herd of elk with a clear intention of making them their next meal. At first, he was annoyed at them suddenly showing up like that. But then he realized something. “…this might work…” The fact that the pack of wolves appeared has indeed made this hunting job more difficult. But at the same time, it could be used as a way for him to gain an advantage.

He then tried to move to a better spot while watching the whole things unfold. Just as he expected, the bull came out in front as it tried to defend its herd. Some of the wolves tried to encircle the herd, making them moved into a tight formation. Some of the smaller bulls even tried to scare them away by pointing their antlers at them. The wolves kept growling, scaring some of them, meanwhile the big bull just focused on controlling the herd and showing them that he is willing to sacrifice its life for the herd and will definitely kill some of the predators that dare threaten them.

Michuema just readied his arrow, nocked it, and pulled the string. He then let one of his arrow flown toward the herd. The target is one of the smaller bulls. Of course, not to kill it, just enough to scare it. Maybe injuring it if the bull is not careful. And the arrow landed, on the ground, near the smaller bull, making it let out a loud sound in panic. That single panic moment was not missed by the wolves. One of them entered the fray and tried to separate one of the cows from the herd.

But to his dismay, the main bull came and charge at the wolf, shooing it away while letting out loud sound. The wolf that tried that ended up being slightly grazed by the antlers, evident from the small spots of blood on the grass as it tried to regroup with its fellow predator

He then tried to do the same again, this time aiming at the one on the far back of the herd. This time, the arrow landed on the smaller bull’s hind leg, injuring it slightly. In pain, it let out a loud sound again. This time, instead of one wolf, a group of three came charging at the herd. One of them managed to mount one of the cows and even dragged it down with its weight. The cow, clearly scared of its life, let out the same panic sound. In which came the bull, charging at the wolf and send it rolling on the ground before hitting the tree. Just from the sound of impact alone, Michuema could see that the injury inflicted would be more than just minor. And he was right, the wolf let out a soft whimper as it tried to stand again, only to fall down again. Some blood drip on the ground from the injury that was made by the elk’s grand antlers.

“…difficult…,” he mumbled to himself. The elk in question is too strong. Seeing it able to fend off the wolves easily, he was thankful he didn’t charge in like an idiot. Once again he was reminded the very reason why at that time he didn’t hunt the elk all alone. It is a suicidal act. Even that one wolf that survived the elk’s antler won’t have that long to live. Internal injuries might just happen at that very moment of impact.

Just as he was frustrated at what to do, a howl came again. This time, it was not from the visible pack as the pack that already appeared looked back to the source of the howl. The hunter also joined them in looking at the direction of the sound, only to let out a small gasp. “…you…”

It was a wolf, a bit bigger than the other. The one thing that made gasp in surprise was not the size of the beast, but what the beast had on its leg. An arrow. It was a very familiar arrow for the hunter. “…from that night…,” he whispered. Yes, it was the wolf that came on his first night watch. He released one single arrow that night, and it traveled straight to the particular wolf. The beast that night quickly left the area and he was told not to give chase. “…we meet again…” For some reason, he couldn’t help but let out a small smile. It was as if he was meeting an old rival. A mixed of excitement and anxiety.

The big wolf then looked at the big bull. It was a stare-off between the leaders of the groups. The wolves let out a loud growl, as if feeling bolder with their leader arriving at the scene. The table quickly turned. The whole herd became restless, the hunter could see that. As the big bull stood its ground, the wolves started circling them again, this time with their leader facing the big bull. It was only a matter of time before the slaughter began.

Knowing that, the hunter pulled out another arrow, nocked them, and aimed at them. This time, to the middle of the herd. He purposely trying to hit the ground in the middle of the packed herd to scare them. Then as the arrow landed near the big group of elk, the herd turned into panic. Panic spread like fire and the herd was unable to act together. The panic turned into chaos as the wolves started to separate the herd. This time, the big bull couldn’t protect them all. The formation has already broken and the moment it turned around, the alpha wolf leapt into action. It tried to attack the big bull, which led to them fighting with each other.

Michuema smiled as the chaos he planted managed to do what he needed. To separate the herd. But that was only the first step. He needs to take down said prey before he could call this hunting a success. But that would be stealing the prey of a big wolf. He then prepared himself for some difficult fight ahead.

With the chaos turning more and more with each passing seconds, he followed the sight of the two large beasts. The wolf has seemingly given his pack to deal with the herd, not even participating one bit at hunting, instead focusing on fighting the large elk. The large elk, on the other hand, could not give up on the herd, visible from the times it kept looking back at them that was clearly being slaughtered by the hungry wolves. It was a terrible sight to see, but for the humble hunter, it is simply nature. Natural in every way. The law of the prey and predator. As simple as that, even if it is vicious and merciless. The weak shall be prey for the strong. That is the sole reason Michuema kept honing his skill that won’t be that weak prey.

As he looked at the separated herd, he couldn’t help but feel he needs to do something quick. He will need to take down the elk and also steal the carcass before the alpha wolf even realized his existence. Counting his arrows, he then took out his knife and his rope. The humble hunter then wrapped the rope around the handle of the knife and tied it tightly before stretching it out slightly. He then also picked up several rocks, sharp ones, and pocketed them. Next would be the hatchet, in which he placed a bit in front than usual. Finished with his preparation, he then looked at the two beasts that were still in battle. “…make it fast, make it clean…” He then leapt onto a nearby bush.

As the wolves were having fun hunting the weak herd, they failed to see that another party will disrupt their fun again. A small rock flew toward one of them as it tried to pounce on one of them. It hit the wolf on the head, making it disoriented. The other wolf, noticing that its comrade has been hit by something looked around, only to get the same treatment as its partner. A rock flew toward its snot, making it let out a gag and groan and slightly disoriented. More and more of the wolves become the victim of the mysterious flying rocks, disrupting their hunting formation.

The panicking herd saw that and it used the gap in their attention to escape the wolf pack. Seeing that their easy prey tried to escape, the other wolves quickly gave chase to them, leaving their alpha wolf to deal with the big elk by itself. Some of them even separated themselves to be able to ambush the escaping herd later on.

“…good…” The hunter whispered to himself as his small plan worked as intended. It was a gamble, but it was a gamble worth having. With this, he can focus on the two big beasts. He shifted his attention to the two beasts, which never stopped fighting. It was also clear that the big elk wanted to chase its herd, but the alpha wolf refused to let it go, growling while flashing its rows of sharp teeth at it. In response, the elk let out a loud voice while aiming its great antlers at the wolf. It seems that it was not their first clash as both of them has sustained some injuries and some part of them have some patches of blood.

Then suddenly a single arrow traveled through the air. The whistling sound it made as it pierced the air made the two looked at the source of the sound, only to realize that the arrow was moving straight toward the alpha wolf. Caught by surprise, the wolf only managed to dodge it slightly, making the arrow hit it on the front leg instead of its neck. But it was enough to make it growled in pain and thrashed around slightly.

Seeing the alpha wolf has been attacked by a mysterious attacker, the elk quickly turned around, only to see another arrow traveled through the air and hit him on its hind leg. In pain, it started to look around in panic. Then as if that was not enough, a figure leapt from the bush and jumped onto its back. Panic due to the sudden turn of event, the elk tried to throw back the figure, only to realize that it has a rope entangled around its neck. Loud voice came from the elk, but the figure just tightened the rope. Yes, it was the hunter. He had used the moment of panic to quickly slip under them and then jumped onto the big elk, put the rope around its neck and then just used the knife as an impromptu handle.

The big beast thrashed around, trying its best to throw away the hunter while also being choked. It was not an easy task for the hunter either since it was such a big beast, he used all of his efforts just to stay on top of it. “Damn you!” he shouted at the elk as it tightened the rope around its neck, choking it even further. The mixture of pain and the lack of oxygen made the elk losing its focus. But then a loud growl came from near it as the previous alpha wolf stood again and looked at the hunter.

The moment it laid its eyes on him, the memory of the previous arrow that hit it when it carelessly moved near the wall of the city resurfaced, angering the beast even more. And the hunter has the nerve of trying to steal its prey right under its nose. A loud growl came from the wolf as it leapt at the elk. But instead of trying to take down the elk, it tried to take down the hunter.

Michuema only managed to duck down in the last second, barely missing the claw and fangs of the wolf. “Not good,” he whispered to himself as he looked at the situation. His original plan was to subdue the elk, either by suffocating it or by stabbing it on the neck. But the constant struggle made him unable to do that. If he managed to do that, he could also kill the wolf by shooting some more arrow at it. But with his plan turned disarray, he needed to think of a way to do this or he will risk losing his life, either by the bite of the wolf or the stab from the elk’s antler. “Not good,” he whispered to himself once again.

Just as he tried to think of a way, the elk started to move again, feeling the danger that came from both the hunter and the wolf. It started to galloped away, trying to at least escape the wolf. The hunter held the rope for his dear life as the elk continued to gallop through the forest, hitting some branches along the way. As he glanced back, he noticed that the wolf has also given chase even with its injured front leg.

He tried to reach for his bow but realized it was impossible since he was barely clinging to the elk. Losing one grip on the rope would spell doom for him. But killing the elk would also spell doom for him since he knows that he will be thrown away and the chance of him landing gently is next to nothing. The time that he will take to regain his balance would be used by the chasing wolf to kill him. At that point, he is at lost.

Then to his surprise, he saw a hill not far from their spot. He then used the rope to somehow steer the rampaging elk to head there. Maybe he could at least gain an upper ground. The elk was forced to move toward said hill. The wolf, as expected, followed suit. When it reached the top of the hill, he used the rope once more to steer the elk to turn around. It was not an easy task as the elk kept struggling and he also struggled to stay on top of the elk. After much effort and difficulties, he managed to turn the elk around and faced the wolf. With the wolf trying to climb up the hill and the elk running downhill, both have next to no control. The hunter aimed the make the two crashed toward each other. But it tried to avoid the wolf. Frustrated, the hunter ended up stabbing the elk on the back of its neck and pushed its head down, letting it crashed to the wolf in a horrific manner.

The impact threw the hunter off the elk onto the hard ground. He rolled off the ground as it force was quite powerful. After hitting a tree, he let out a pained groan and finally stopped. He tried to get up, but the taste of iron on his mouth made him vomit. It was clear that something broke. But he needs to stand up, or he will definitely die.

As he stood up, he saw the figure of the wolf coming closer to him. It was clear that he is not going to escape the wolf without a fight. And with his condition not fit for battle, the odds is definitely against him. But he also noticed that the wolf was in the same condition as him. Body all injured all over due to the fight with the elk, front leg got an arrow stuck on it, and another fresh wound on its body courtesy of the crash with the elk’s grand antlers. The two hunters were at a slightly equal injured state. And both hunters knew that only one of them will escape the forest alive.

Somehow that face made him smiled. A crazy man’s smile spread on his face as he faced the alpha wolf. He pulled out the hunting axe, feeling pain just from that movement alone, a sign that his back might have been injured more than he thought. “Come on,” he said with a low tone. “COME ON!” he shouted this time. That shout became the start of their battle. The wolf leapt at him, fangs ready to bite his neck. But the hunter lowered his body just in time, avoiding the deadly pounce. While under the wolf, he swung his axe at it and the axe connected to the wolf’s side, drawing even more blood and a loud roar from the wolf.

After that first attack, the wolf took some distance from him and encircled him while growling. The hunter also started to move, trying to keep the wolf in his sight. Then this time, the one that leapt was the hunter. With axe on his hand, he tried to slash the wolf, only to see the wolf dodged and even slammed its body at him, making the hunter once again thrown onto the air and rolling on the ground. Not wanting to waste the chance, the wolf ran forward and tried to bite the hunter, only to see him rolled sideways and ran slightly away from the beast.

Once more the two ended up in a staring contest. The two just stood there, staring at each other. Their breathing was the only movement they made. They know that the first to make the move will lose the game. And they just waited.

Then something happened. A droplet of water landed on the nearby grass. Then another also came down. The gentle drizzle then turned into a full downpour. But the two hunters still stood there without doing anything, only staring at each other. For the two, it was as if the two were the only creatures that exist in that forest.

The downpour continues. In fact, it turned worse with each passing time. Then the sound of thunder roared on the air. What came next was a lightning strike that hit the ground. The two then started running the moment the flash entered their eyes, ready to deliver the finishing strike. The wolf with its large body managed to jump and pounce on the humble hunter. Meanwhile, pinned by the beast, he continued to strike the wolf on its side. Roaring in pain, the wolf tried to bite the hunter’s neck, only to be hindered by the hunting axe’s handle that he jammed on the wolf’s mouth. The wolf struggled to bit it, but it was losing too much strength due to the numerous injury and the loss of blood. Michuema then pulled out the last tool he has, the rusty hatchet, and hacked it near the wolf’s neck, pushed it as much as possible with his remaining strength. With a loud shout, he pushed it again while also maintaining the hunting axe. The blade of the rusty hatchet then drew more blood as it hit a big blood vessel on the wolf’s neck. And that was the last straw. The moment the hatchet has penetrated the blood vessel of the mighty alpha wolf, it has lost the game.

After a few seconds, the wolf was losing its strength and finally ceased its struggle. He could feel that as he felt the beast started to turn heavier. With his remaining strength, he rolled the wolf aside and just lied there next to it, breathing heavily as the rain washed over him. “…I…d-did it….,” he whispered to himself. It was a feat that he never expected to achieve. But then again, confronting an alpha wolf only with a rusty hatchet and a hunting axe is never a good idea. “…I…need….to rethink of my….method…”

With difficulty, he pulled up his body into a sitting position. The moment he did that, he could feel pain all over his body. While he had not lost any blood, except for the ones he vomited, he is convinced that he probably had some internal injury. He stood up and looked at the mighty wolf he met on his first day as a night watch. “…honorable fight,” he whispered to no one in particular, “but…I won…” He then used the hatchet to pry open the wolf’s jaw and pulled out the hunting axe. Putting the hatchet onto his belt, he then readied his axe and chopped the wolf’s head off. “..a worthy opponent you are…”

He then quickly cut the fur off the wolf. While the wolf was not in his list of target that day, he couldn’t just leave the previous fur to go to waste, especially so since it was the fur of an alpha wolf. It took him quite a while to do since he only has an axe with him. The then rolled the fur and then stood up and looked at it once again. He nodded at it while giving his last respect to the mighty beast.

As he struggled to move around, he looked at the direction of the previous crash. He walked quickly, or at least tried to, toward the elk. After a few minutes, he reached his destination and saw that the elk was there, collapsed and died of blood loss due to the stab he did. He checked the elk one last time and he was glad that he managed to get that in time before any other predator started to feast on it.

After removing the knife from the elk’s neck, he then untied the rope and started carving the elk. It would be best to bring the whole carcass, but that is an impossible feat considering the size of the animal and also the condition of the forest, not to mention that he himself was injured. He then cut the elk carefully, not wanting to waste anything as much as possible. After considering his own strength, he ended up with just the majority of the meat and the leather. He would give the meat wrapped in some leaves to the guild as a way to finish the quest.

For the finishing touch, he then looked at the elk’s head. “You…give me so much trouble…” He then pulled out his hunting axe and noticed that the bite mark on its handle. He was thankful that the handle didn’t break when the wolf bites on to it. The axe was swung and landed on the elk’s antlers. It was not enough to cut it away, thus he did it once more. In the end, he did it about five times before the antlers finally rolled away from the head. As he picked up the grand antlers, he looked at it in awe. It was magnificent. A trophy worth risking his life.

After that thought, he realized something. Why was he risking his life? Then the face of the orphanage and the kids entered his mind. The caretaker, Tabea, waving at the kids. Was it for them? If yes, why? He hardly knew them. But for some reason, he wanted to help him. And why did he felt that pang of pain when he listened to her telling her that some other adventurer has done much better than him? Was it due to him feeling the need of being accepted by someone? By the guild? By the orphanage?

“…why?....” He then looked at the remains of the elk. It couldn’t answer him. He knows that. All he knows is that he needs to get back carrying a big load of meat, leather, fur, and antlers. It will be a long and arduous journey back to the city, but it will be a journey he has to do. As he carried the loot of his recent hunt, he looked at the rainy sky.

“…I hope I could make it back to the guild in one piece…” And with that, he started his walk back to the city, avoiding any wild beast as much as he could. He managed to do that, but he almost drop down the loot every now and then, an evidence that he might overdo his hunting at that time. “…I really need to rethink my method…,” he promised to himself as he entered the guild.
"Mister Michuema... I have to agree with you. You really need to rethink your methods.

"You knew how hard it was to hunt an Elk, that a hunting party was needed to do it, and instead of giving up on it and going for some easier prey, you instead hunted both an Alpha Wolf and an Elk alone... I'm impressed, both by the feat, and by your foolishness.

"Be glad that the gods were certainly by your side today, to make your arrows strike true, to have your diversions work, to protect your axe from the jaws of your opponent, to incapacitate the Elk once you were thrown away from it, to help you avoid most predators on your way back... There were so many things that could have gone wrong today, that it's almost a miracle you are still in one piece.

"Please rest now, go to the temple and ask for some healing, see what the priests can do for you... You were a complete fool today... But a very well-intentioned fool. I thank you for your hard work, I'm sure the orphans will be very pleased with whatever aid you can bring them. No matter how big or small.

"May the gods help you understand your own worth, without the need to compare yourself to others."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 20G
Items: 5 Jerky

OOC: Please tag it as appraised~
Gz on getting the longest report thus far btw! *cwies about losing my top spot* It was really fun to read! \(^^)/

AliceShiki

Appraisal

The next report was from... Miss Meiko? She is certainly quite dedicated.

I didn't expect her to have interest in alchemy though, and this is her second time doing this task already... What she wants is quite varied for sure.

Let's see...
Today, the first thing in the morning she did is to take another alchemist's assistant. Yesterday was quite fun, in her opinion.

The number of adventurer lessened compared to yesterday's noon. Since the queue was still short, she got to the receptionist quite fast.

"Good morning, adventurer. You've come again. May I see your quest?"

She showed her quest to the receptionist.

> > >
Alchemist's Assistant - PART 2 (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

"Alright, we've received the requested item. You will be paired with... alchemist Blake in room 512. Have a good day."

She left and went to room 512. One thing though, why did the receptionist become slightly pale?

-------------------------------------

"I see... so the increase of the belladona by three percent would turn the curse into curse fire breathing huh... I should note this."

*knock *knock

"
Eh? Come in."

She entered the room, and saw a black catkin. The alchemist was busy experimenting on the alchemy table.

"Ah... my new assistant! You've come at the right time!"

The woman seemed excited.

"Well... My name is Blake, and my primary research it to analyze the effect of potion of Random Curse. I say curse, because the effect of the curse can be removed by using light magic «Esuna», as for random, I've discovered 5195 different curse already by varying the process."

She then went to another room and brought back a fur seal.

"For today, I'd say you'll help me shave these fur seal's fur and harvest some belladonna on , and we call it complete. But you have to totally help me for tonight, kay?"

'Wait, Meiko. I am feeling dread. Why does that offer seem to good to be true?'

She thought the voice was overreacting. What was the worst that could happen?

Harvesting the belladonna only took her 30 minutes, while shaving the fur of the alchemist's pet seal took no more than 15 minutes. As it was, the alchemist ordered her to do the reading of the potion recipe they would make.

--------------------------------------------
Potion of random curse
-----------------------------------​

Brewing MethodUnder the moonlight
EffectOther/Random/Curse
Primary ingredientBelladonna
Secondary ingredientFur of Seal
DurationUntil next sunrise
Side effect whilst potion is activeGender swaps

The potion is mainly made with belladonna and fur of a seal. The effect of the potion is affected by the condition of belladonna plant, while the number of fur is used to determine the potency. The effect of the potion itself is affected by:
1. the number of belladonna plant where the leaves was harvested in radius of 10m.
2. the duration of the sunlight exposure of the belladonna plant the day before
81. The color of the room where the potion was made
82. The number of digits the potion maker has

It is possible, that there are other factors that determine the effect of the potion. That being said, below is 5000 (and counting) recorded recipe of potion of random curse author has written. What is consistent is that the side effect of the potion, that changed the gender of the drinker.

Beware of the toxicity of belladonna. When handling it, always wear gloves and mask to mitigate the fumes effect.

To make it, boil water to 85 degrees Celcius (note: the man was sent to this world 200 years ago. We still use his method of measurement because the other guy, Fahrenheit is not making sense. Also, The guy named Kelvin said that his zero is absolute zero. None of the royal magicians has been able to create absolute zero ice too, so we deemed the man to talk nonsense too). Add the leaves, and roots of belladonna plant, while under the moonlight. Next, wait 30 minutes (being naked and being clothed during this period made the resulting curse different) and add up to three strand of seal's fur. Leave it under the moonlight and bottle it when the sun rise. The potion will work until sunset.
--------------------------------

'At this point, I should say... This is really a fantasy world huh. A gender bender potion, a beauty potion. What kind of person wrote this scenario?'

"Mm?" She mumbled.

'No, nevermind. It's just nonsense.'

"Okay, assistant! I want you to discover more! I haven't had any catkin as my assistant yet, so you'll reproduce... say, 100 of them? It's pretty quick too."

She nodded, and began her work.

-------------------------------

The sun began to filter through the window. Miss Blake seemed to be focused on her potion making. She did not saw the woman took a nap at all while they were working.

'Okay, that's 100 bottle of gender bending potion done.'

She put the potions in a box with 10x10 slot. Then, as she finished, she brought them to the alchemist.

"Oh... done? Alright, one more thing before you go. We need to test the potion. Will you help me?"

'Did she mean she wanted us to drink it? Decline it, meimei!'

She shook her head. Being cursed seemed really unpleasant even in her mind.

"Don't worry. I am a certified priest of the church of light. No kind of curse cannot be cured by me."

"No." she muttered. What kind of priest spend their time to search various ways to curse someone? If the woman said that she was a witch, she would believe her words.

"Hmm... That's a pity. You would be an interesting... specimen. Okay, adventurer. Your job here is done."

She, bowed, then hastily left.

---------------------------------
"Ah... you're back." The receptionist at the ground floor said.

"..." The receptionist must have known about the weirdness of that alchemist. She glared at the receptionist.

"You know. You don't seem traumatized. did she said that she is a priest? Well, what she said is true. The adventurers who worked with her, who agreed with her experiment is usually tipped extra from her own pocket. And she cured them of their curse at the end of the session." The receptionist explained.

"Anyway," the receptionist continued, "Here is your slip. Bring these proof to the adventurer guild, okay?"
"I can't fault you from not wanting to test the potion, I think most would rather avoid it as well.

"You did what the quest wanted you to though, so good job, miss Meiko.

"May the gods help you find that which you want to do."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 110
Items: 1 Weak Healing Potion

OOC: Remember to tag it as appraised~

AliceShiki

Appraisal

And yet another one from her? seems like she already completed everything to use the Alchemist's Guild's appliances... She is surely a hard worker.
> > >
Alchemist's Assistant - PART 3 (NOT YET APPRAISED)
Objectives:
Rewards:
> > >

"Adventurer, I want you to make this potion for me."

Brew/Potion Details
Brewing MethodWhilst blindfolded
EffectForgetting/Remembering
Primary ingredientBrain of Lizard
Secondary ingredientGround pepper
DurationUntil next solstice/equinox
Side effect whilst potion is activeForget anything learned

"Buy the pepper on the market, and harvest a brain of a lizard. I believe you can find a gecko there." He looked above the door. She followed his gaze and found a gecko on the ceiling hunting for food, likely the mosquito.

She took the gecko and put it in a jar. Then she went to the market to buy pepper. As she returned, she grounded the pepper into a fine powder. After that, she extracted the brain of the gecko.

"Alright, the ingredients are prepared. Now, use this alcohol to submerge both ingredients. Starting from now, you must be blindfolded. So familiarize yourself with the location of everything in this room."

When she finished memorizing the layout of the room, the man gave her a black blindfold. He put them on her eyes and tie the ends of the blindfold into a knot behind her head.

"If you are ready, start working."

---------------------------------------------

"Follow my instructions. Put the grounded pepper, lizard brain and jar of alcohol onto one table on your right."

Her body turned to the location of the jar of alcohol. She consulted her mental map and walk straight while trying to touch the alcohol. As she hit something, she felt the shape of the item. It was the alcohol jar.

She oriented her body to the desk direction, and start moving, alcohol in hand. As she walked, the man said,

"The table is at your two o'clock direction."

Hearing the correction, she reoriented her body and move. Her right hand found the table. She put the alcohol jar on the table.

Next was the grounded pepper. The grounded pepper was placed on the other end of the room, beside the shelf containing various jar. She turned her body to that direction.

"A little bit more to the left. You'll hit my potion jar if you continue in that direction."

She complied.

"This potion has two component," he started, "the alchemical component and ritual component."

"The ritual component utilize your ability to memorize things. The clearer your ability to remember the layout, the stronger the potion's effect. For me, I have to rearrange the placement of the objects every time I wanted to create this potion. Since this is your first time, you can do it as it is."

She reached the table where she ground the pepper.

"Use your senses, other than sight. Sharpen them, feel the world around you." He said.

When she heard this, she reminded herself that she could use her nose.

"The more things you sacrificed, the stronger the potion will be. Now, you lose your sight through the blindfold. Next time you attempt this, try to limit your hearing in addition to blindfold. Then smell, then touch, then taste. Each blocked sense will make this potion more potent."

She took the grounded pepper.

"The potion will make you forget. You will be unable to learn at all, until the next solistice or equinox."

"But, this is limited to what you see, and what you hear. Again, you use your other senses to learn what you need to learn after you consume this potion. As for the sight or hearing, the potion made it so that your long time memory seemingly disconnected from the other process on your brain."

She managed to reach the desk, and put the grounded pepper beside the alcohol.

"At the solistice or equinox, every moment you spent under this potion will be recalled vividly, that you possibly won't ever forget it until you die. Every moment will flash before your eyes, and you will remember."

The location of the gecko's brain was not far from the desk. She found the plate where she extracted the brain. She returned and put it on the desk."

"Since the ingredients are gathered, mix them all, and shake it well."

She opened the alcohol lid and put the brain of the lizard and pepper into the alcohol. after closing the lid, she shook it.

"That's enough. Open your blindfold."

----------------------------------------------

"One precaution. The potion is not made for learning something in depth. You probably be able to memorize seven book in three days if you want, but you won't have comprehension. Learn something like the basics of sword fighting or something where the fundamental is extremely important. Also, if you need the breadth of knowledge instead of depth, this potion is suitable to use. Since you have completed the potion, your apprenticeship with me is done. Report to the receptionist above."

She thanked the man, and went down to the receptionist. After she got the proof of completion, she went back to the guild to submit her report.
"You certainly crafted quite the unusual potions, miss Meiko. I knew there were mysterious methods involved in alchemy, but I never expected it to be this complicated.

"May the gods help you find a nice opportunity to use that which you acquired."

Final Reward:
Exp
: 110
Items: 1 Weak Healing Potion
Other: Permission to use the appliances from the Alchemist's Guild

AliceShiki

Appraisal

Miss Luna this time? She is already E-ranked, isn't she? So many fast growing adventurers, it's quite impressive... I wonder what she's been up to this time, hopefully something not too dangerous for a change.

Report - Solet' Luna
Golden Rose... It had been a while since I slaughtered their 5-men party. It seemed that they had suffered for quite a bit, huh? It would not be my style if I don't go raid their camp. However, their hands seemed to reach everywhere... I would have to play their game first before going after them.

Now, although espionage was not my main forte, I could still get by with my little bit of makeup knowledge from Miss Vivis.

Red Light District, the place of pleasure and underground business. I spent my gold and went into one of the brothels. With my pale makeup, I looked like a mature, mysterious type of client, that even the owner of the brothel would come out to escort. Using my sorcery, I managed to disguise my golden eye colour to the colour of the sea, clear blue without any impurity.

After I selected a 'high-quality' grade woman, the owner of the brothel, a fat man with a large bread, personally wished me good experience as he escorted me to one of the sound-proof rooms. Once I entered, the beautifying fragrance entered my sense, and my body started to relax. The lady I bought with me seemed nervous, as she had never served another woman before. However, that was my intention. I did not wish to do anything with her. The body of these prostitutes is too dangerous.

Just as we talked about things and started to progress the 'plot', I slowly lost my vision and fell onto the bed. However, before I fell, the lady held onto me gently before placing me onto the bed. It seemed that our conversation had hit onto her a little too deep, and she started to develop a certain thing about me.

"... Just a little bit, I hope she wouldn't mind." As I pretended to faint, I could feel her fingers caressing my body, from my waist up to my face. The finger poked my lips twice before she retracted it. At least make it fast and don't keep stalling! It was very hard to keep my body in check and not tremble.

"A new door... I'll open it today." Her soft, trembling voice echoed the room, full of excitement and anticipation. I guessed Solet will be mad. Well, I'll deal with that later.

"Where is the good?" Just as I could feel the warmness from her skin, the door slowly opened, leaking out screeching noise. The lady quickly stood up and went to greet the man. My tense body finally relaxed. The entire sequence was unplanned, and I realised that people could easily awaken their new fetish.

"She is here, sir." I could hear a slight regret in her voice. It seemed that this girl did not really like this job very much, or it's just that she really liked me too much.

"Hey, you. Go inspect her." A footstep came to me and a pair of hand forced my eyelid open. After seeing my pair of ocean gems, the man slowly held me up and carried me out. His actions suddenly became too gentle compared to before. I guessed I've overdone my disguise.

As I sneaked a peek at the room, I could still see that lady and her red face, biting her lips as if she had just missed out on something. The ladies in brothel sure are scary.

After a while, the bodyguard finally placed me onto a carriage before blindfolding me. I considered waking up and dealing with them but decided against it. I wanted to know the true culprit who took fancy in the eyes of the others and arresting these people might not get me to this person.

Once the carriage stopped in its track, the bodyguard carried me again into the unknown location. Although I could remember the numbers of twists and turns, I could not determine how far I had gone from the Red Light District.

Once we entered an unknown building, I could feel a change in Mana in the surrounding. This place, compared to the outer world, was akin to a sealed room with little to no air in it.

"Lord Envoy, we have a new product." The bodyguard, being an ordinary person, sensed nothing of this and just spoke the phase he was ordered to.

"What brought you here, mortals from Golden Rose Syndicate? The days of the next exchange is not today." The Mana inside the building froze as a weird, gender-neutral voice rang. The bodyguard tried to control himself, but he could not stop his body from trembling in fear.

"Please wait, Lord Envoy. This new product has the exact same pupils as sire had specially requested! The Azure Ocean Eyes!" The man carefully placed me onto the floor before stepping back and waited in silence. There was even a mattress under me. It seemed that this mystical Azure Ocean Eyes were highly valued by the so-called Envoy.

"Huh? The Azure Ocean Eyes? Let me see... If it's true, then I'll handsomely reward you. However, if you play any trick, then you'll face the wrath of Master Beholder!" Trouble was brewing again... I only wanted to play the game with Golden Rose Syndicate, not some insane Master Beholder— Then this Lord Envoy seemed to be even more powerful than me... Just their presence was already restricting the flow of Mana inside this building.

Just as I felt the dreadful figure closing in, I instantly opened my eyes and cast my strongest spell, the Frost Blizzard! However, the Envoy did not panic but merely had a surprise face. My fatal storm of ice spikes could not hit him and only melted into particles of Mana when it touched his body!

"Young sorceress, you dared trick this Lord?!" As his voice echoed, the world froze, and all noise vanished. No, not noise, but the flowing motion of Mana. All Mana within the building froze, and I lost control of my Frost Blizzard immediately.

Thankfully, I had my stone dagger with me, so I used all my strength to swing it at the Envoy. At this distance, even an agile assassin would not be able to dodge it. Although a strong opponent would not necessarily die in one hit, this could be the turning point for my ambush.

"Little mortal, dipping into the dark art. Your trickery would not deceive my eyes." The Envoy taunted me as its hand strangely flashed and landed onto the dagger. With its mighty power, the hand directly crushed the dagger into pieces. Even if the dagger was already worn-down, crushing it like that gave me a chill.

My other hand threw my new potion at the Envoy, called Decaying Potion. It was an improved version of Decomposition Potion, but it could even eat away at the living being. It was very dangerous, so I had never used it to anything yet. Although it was dangerous to low-level mooks, I doubted I could defeat this nightmare of a being with it.

"What's this?!" The Envoy, after casually received the Decaying Potion with ease, cried out in surprise when he saw his skin getting somewhat reddish and rot. I must come back to thank Desmire for its Heart of Death.

"Arrival!" Taking the opportunity, I bit my tongue and spilt out my blood before shouting in the demonic language. The silent world began to resound, and a pair of dark hands manifested once again in my vision. The Envoy was shocked at something as his body trembled and his face twisted in pain. The Mana flow within the building turned chaotic with a hint of demonic power looming over everything.

"Blinding Light!" Remembering from Solet, I shouted one of his spells while the Envoy was distracted. A light flashed and engulfed the building in it.

I quickly turned into my Elemental Form and phased through the wall, rushing over an unknown distance before collapsing onto the ground, panting while coughing out blood. The blood was both mixed by blackened blood and crimson blood. I suffered again but in the hand of something stranger and stranger.

Before I could relax, a faint earthquake occurred, as well as an angry roar which echoed throughout the forest. I could feel my face paled as I struggled to move to Scribel City. Thankfully, I could remember the general directions and arrived at the city at dusk.

Troubles seemed to be piling on top of me non-stop...
"Well... I certainly have to agree with you, trouble piles on top of you non-stop, miss Luna.

"May I suggest you take some easier jobs and lay low for a change? You really deserve some rest after this much action.

"As for the report itself... Well, you certainly did not arrest them, but I suppose you did not have an opportunity to do so... You could have at least contacted the City Guard and told them to trail you though... Dear gods, miss Luna, please plan ahead a bit more next time, alright?

"I can't give you the full reward because you did not have permission to kill the culprit, but I'll still consider it a properly cleared job.

"May the gods allow you to accept others' help when needed."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 30G

AliceShiki

Appraisal

One more from miss Meiko? She certainly did a lot in a small period of time, I'm impressed, let's see what this one is about.
> > >
Driving the Wagon (NOT YET APPRAISED)
  • Sponsor: Merchant's Guild
Objectives:
  • Visit the Merchant's Guild warehouse.
  • Drive a wagon between Scribel City and Asteria Village.
  • Deliver the merchandise safely and undamaged.
  • Note: Recruiting guard(s) is recommended for safety reasons.
    • (Optional: Party Quest with Level 4 Escort Duty)
The Merchant Guild routinely drives trade across the continent.
We have a shipment of goods headed for Asteria Village.
Please ensure that the merchandise is delivered safely.
Beware of thieves and vagabonds on the road.
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
    • Merchant Guild License
> > >

She wondered, where was the thieves and vagabonds?

In the guild archive, she cross-checked every information about either Asteria Village, or this quest itself. The village was located west of here, and could be reached within 3 days. What she found was that the road was mostly safe. As for the encounter with thieves and vagabonds, zero.

Why then, the merchant guild made a warning about vagabonds and thieves? was there an incident around the road? She hadn't found any record, but she likely did not dig deep enough. Should she take a precaution?

------------------------------------------------
In the end, she went with hiring a guard for this quest. Apparently there was a subsidy from the guard office, as long as she agreed to go to with the guard that would be stationed at the Asteria village relay station. She paid the two guard a total of 30G, and went with them to the village. In approximately three days, they arrived, and she gave the goods to the merchant guild representative there.

In the end, there was no actual thieves, or vagabonds for that matter. She thanked her good luck and returned to the guild to report the quest.
"It is nice to have an eventless trip, isn't it, miss Meiko?

"You need to remember that even the safest roads are always prone to danger though. Those that much to lose will always be worried about what could happen in the case they're unlucky. It's better for them to cut some profits by asking for help, than to risk losing all that they had.

"Nonetheless, you did well, please keep up the good work~

"May the gods continue bringing you their divine luck."

Final Reward:
Exp:
Money: 40G