Mustachu
Evaluation
unevaluated> > >

Infiltrating the Criminal Network
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 3
Objectives:
Prerequisite: Missing Children
Infiltrate a criminal network while undercover.Gather intelligence about criminal activities.Networks of criminals, thieves, and street gangs are known to operate in Scribel.
In order to stay one step ahead of crime, we need to know what they're planning.
Please infiltrate a criminal organization. Do not get caught.
Rewards:
Money: 14 G
Other: n/a

> > >

Infiltrate a criminal group?

How she would go doing that, she wondered. She did not even know that there was a criminal group before in the city. Though, she never paid attention on such things. From the quest form, though, she inferred that the guild also knew of their existence. therefore, she asked the receptionist for anything that could identify them.

"Hmm... The most well-known gang is EEE. It stood for Eliminate Exoplanet Entities. They are a gang of youth who did not like the existence of adventurers from another world, though there is nothing bad about them so far. They are more like activists, trying to protect their culture and identity."

"Eh?" She tilted her head.

"Well. From my observation, adventurers on general grow more quickly than the residents, so it was easy to actually overpower them. That's why there was no conflict between us. We still have to observe them, though other than flyers and mass gatherings campaigning their cause, they are harmless. Well... that's what I know, to be honest. Maybe you can ask the guards instead?"

"Thank you." Mei bowed, and left.

+++

How suspicious was she? It was not the first time she pretended to be a cat. Would they think that she was a cat, when they saw her? She tried to emulate cat behavior, like licking her fur. But other than that, she did not know what to do.

As she was in the market, observing the ground below, she wondered. Should she try to steal a fish? She thought it would be more convincing for her disguise. First, she would steal a fish from one of the barrel on that corner, then she would run, and she would eat the fish somewhere. Setting that plan in motion, she ran.

ten meters...

seven meters...

five... four... three... two...

She leaped, snatching a fish with her mouth.

"Hey! My fish!"

She could hear the man shouting and cursing. Her first priority was to evade detection though. With that, she took the alleyway in the corner.

It was safe, she thought. She would be safer if she went above, obviously, but she had to behave like a cat. Cat couldn't climb walls after all.

"Running a little light in the pockets, lad?" She heard someone said that. She turned her head at the origin of the voice. It was a man with red hair, wearing some kind of leather armor. In front of him, there was a young boy who was panting.

"I'm sorry, what?" The boy said.

"I'm saying you've got the coin but you didn't earn a gee of it honestly. I can tell."

"How could you possibly know that?" The boy said, his posture defensive.

"It's all about sizing up your mark, lad." The man said. He explained with exaggerated motion, "It's the way they walk, what they're wearing. It's a dead giveaway."

The boy held the pouch on his hand tighter, "My wealth is none of your business."

"Oh, but that's where your wrong lad." He grinned. "Wealth is my business. Maybe you'd like a taste?"

The boy seemed to hestitate, then he relaxed his hold. "What do you have in mind?"

"I've got a bit of an errand to perform, but I need an extra pair of hands. And in my line of work, extra hands are well-paid."

"What do I have to do?" The boy seemed fully interested at the man's offer.

"Simple... I'm going to cause a distraction and you're going to steal Ulfric's silver ring from a strongbox under his stand. Once you have it, I want you to place it in Torygg's pocket without him noticing."

She got her mark.

+++

In the end, the man was unable to do anything. The boy declined, saying that he couldn't do that. The man let the boy go, then went to stand on the alleyway once again.

Another kid passed her, running through the alleyway. The boy was panting as he caught his breath. His left hand gripped the pouch. As she was licking the last of the fish, the man approached the boy.

"Running a little light in the pockets, lad?" The man said.

She could say that the man was dedicated. His response to the boy seemed nearly the same, ending on the same request to steal the ring.

"Lockpicking? I couldn't do that."

"I'll teach you if you agree, don't worry." The man said.

She didn't know if the man had some kind of organization behind him. Nevertheless, she probably had to follow him on the off chance he had. As the man and the boy stopped talking, they began to move.

After they were out of her sight, she took off to the rooftop, intending to follow the man from there. Though, when she arrived at the rooftop, she couldn't find them. Missing her mark, she set off to the market once again.

How should she do this? She did not understand how the criminals of the scribel city worked. Should she do some petty crime, she wondered. Though, she did not know if that would be good enough to draw a notice from the criminal elements. Using this thought, would murder be sufficient? Or child trafficking? With the quest missing child being posted perpetually, one of the criminal elements should be targeting them.

Arriving near the market, she perched herself on the rooftop, looking at the market. Pehaps, she thought, she went about this in the wrong way. She thought about the missing children. Some of them were returned as a corpse... why? Why that entity needed to murder the children, she wondered.

"Those EEE kids are doing public speech again?"

"Yeah... I don't know what is in their mind, antagonizing adventurers like that. They were lucky so far, that the adventurers did not take offense at those speeches."

"I mean, I get what they think. But, seeing our city being so intertwined with the adventurers, it is a futile cause, I say."

"Me too..."

An EEE speech. They were the harmless group previously mentioned if she remembered right. Since she had no better idea, she went there.

+++

"... I say, we need to stand up for ourselves! How many of you couldn't kill slime? Even my little brother could kill it! Last day, someone demanded my mother to pay the taxes to the adventurer guild. They did it so rudely, yet, I never feel one benefit at all. Where did our money go? We have our city guard, so why do they work to protect us for free, while we pay the adventurer who is just there doing nothing. So I ask you all. Why should we? I never need the help from the guild. I repaired my own house myself, and I am no carpenter or mason. No need to wait for the adventurer guild to move its engineering department, I say. If the city lord say that our taxes are for the growth of the city, I agree. But why did we always have the adventurer to do that?

I say, in seven of ten, if we citizen here are pitted against the adventurers, we would be defeated. Their bread and butter are combat, combat, combat. So is it a wonder, if we are defeated? Not to mention the monsters they called A-rank. But, have you never thought that you are oppressed? Like a rope that tightening slowly on our neck, our economy become more intertwined with the adventurers. The alchemist had to serve more potions, the blacksmith had to serve more weapons and armors. So, the last time this happens, it is because we had a war. The question is, are we gearing to war? No. We are not gearing to war. It is because the adventurer. Most of them are people from another world. So, are they our king's army? Our lord's army? No. They're not beholden to our king, to our lord, or to anyone. They are no different than a sellsword, I say. Why should we arm them then? Why should we arm a foreign army in our land?

We are more helpless day by day, because they hold our weapon, they hold our armor, they hold our shield. If they all left, we will be left with no one to protect us, because most of us forget to do that. If we oppose them, we will be the ones dying. In my grandpa's days, the pharmacist could just go to the forest together to gather herbs. Now, we had to borrow their strength just to do that.

So, I don't say to oppose them. I say that we don't need to rely on them as we are right now. We need to stand up for ourselves, instead. Don't give up your freedom because of convenience! If we all have to learn how to fight, then we learn! Because the alternative is that they always held our hand with sword in our neck! If we continue in this course, our next generation will be relying on them more and more! More helpless! I ask you, Are you sure you want that?"

A smattering of applauses echoed.

She could see how troubled the receptionist was, if the movement of EEE was like this. When she grew stronger, she probably would leave scribel region altogether. The amount of newly arrived adventurer was also not consistent. Would there be a day someday, where it stopped altogether? What would happen to this place then? Would they be helpless, as they said?

After that, the woman moved down from the stool she she was on. Some people began to approach the woman, talking with her. With nothing more to do, she left.

+++

She waited and waited, but she found nothing. A purse snatcher here and there, sure. But she did not find anyone that looked suspicious. She wondered what she could do right then. Sometimes after, she saw the girl on the podium walking. Somehow, she felt drawn to the girl. Therefore, she followed the girl.

The girl arrived on a house. She knocked on the door and announced, "Mom! I'm home!"

The door opened, and a woman came out, hugging the girl.

She left them.

+++

Morning arrived. Once again, she arrived at the market. That day, she wanted to find the red haired man. Another purse snatching occurs, and the boy ducked into an alleyway.

How? how did it occur? Of all the alleyway they could pick, they picked the same alleyway. Why did they pick the same alleyway? Did the man knew of this, thus waited there?

Perhaps there was something in that alleyway, she thought. If the kids knew to use the alleyway instead of other places, perhaps she stumbled onto something.

Observing the place did not give her any hint. She saw nothing different about them compared to the other alleyway. The man was not there when she arrived. Perhaps she could just watch the place? She moved to the rooftop, waiting for another purse snatchers to come.

Once more, a kid went inside the alleyway. She pursued the kid from above. The kid took a breath, then moved a crate on the wall. It revealed a hole, which the kid entered. Clever, she thought. After that, the kid left the hole open.

A woman then entered the alleyway. She put the trash inside of a trashcan, then moved the crate to its original position. The woman then went out. When she followed her, she entered a shop.

Was the shop a front of something? Since it was a shop, she entered it. It was a weapon shop, in which the woman was the shopkeeper.

"Welcome to Mark weapon shop, can I help you?"

She wondered what she should say. She did not need a weapon, per se. Though, she probably could bluff her way.

"Looking for weapon."

"Oh... what kind of weapon?" The woman said.

"Don't know. don't have human's hand. Usually uses claw." She showed the receptionist her hand, flexing and curling her fingers.

"Ah... I'm sorry, then. We don't really accept a special order. If I may recommend, you should focus on magical arts instead. We have an introductory book for them if you want, for only 1200G. We could give you discount of 25G too."

She wondered, how could any adventurer purchase that, when she only get 10-15G per quest. Doing a quest for more than one day was also costly. Declining that, she said her thanks to the woman.

She guessed that this would be the end.

With that she wrote her report.
That's interesting I'll note it down.
Money: 14 G
OOC: mark your post as appraised

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
Quest Report (Unappraised)

References: (1.1); (1.2); (1.3); (1.4); (1.5); (1.6); (2); (3)

After mister Gem granted me my request of changing the requirements of stealing an egg to delivering the egg back to a Kukuu nest, I was going to buy some rations to spend at least a few days without worrying about food, but miss Letianna gave me some, so I didn't need to worry about that anymore, which I was very thankful for.

I did however, have some leftover jerky from my last quest that I didn't have anything to do with, so I dropped by the nearby orphanage and donated it, which was much appreciated by miss Tabea.

Following that, I went to the receptionist and told them that I wanted to do the rank up quest and explained my circumstances while showing the note that mister Gem gave me. The lady that was working at the reception at the time then asked for my weapons, though I carry none of those, so she just provided me with a knife and wished me a safe travel, which I thanked her for.

Immediately after, I visited Lady Janine Borcroft and asked for the egg under her care while explaining my circumstances. Once she heard of them, she gladly gave it to me and wished me good luck, which I thanked her for too.

After putting the large egg in a backpack, I moved to the tavern and asked for the adventurer that got this egg in the first place. It was hard to walk with it in my back, so I'll probably need to take plenty of breaks while walking with it on the Ravine... This might be a real issue once I start climbing the mountain, but hopefully it will be fine.

Regardless, it didn't take too long to find said adventurer, he was drinking and celebrating his recent promotion and spending his money in a carefree manner. It was a bit hard to talk to him because he was drunk, but he eventually told me that the nest that he took the egg from was in the right side of the mountains and was decorated with some colorful feathers. He said it was quite different from most other nests, so it should be easily recognizable... I wondered if the Kukuu birds were really the type to decorate their nests with feathers of other birds, but I decided I had no reason to doubt his claims, so I thanked him for his time and left the tavern.

Then I started the travel to the Gem's Ravine. Our maps weren't updated with it yet, but after asking around I discovered it was to the Northwest, and that it was near the road to Gelderholm. In that case, I asked for a ride to a merchant caravan that was going to Gelderholm as the distance was a bit too much for me to go by myself. They asked what would they gain from it, and I said I could provide The Goddess' protection to them, and they accepted the offer.

After some time traveling, we reached my destination, so we parted ways and I entered the ravine. Inside it, I walked near the river for a while, moving without much to worry about. From time to time some of the wild animals came nearby to drink from its water, but there seemed to be a fair amount of food available in the region, so they were not aggressive, which made the first day quite safe.

I also spent some time foraging some berries and drank from the river's water myself. I'd like to avoid eating miss Letianna's meal for as long as possible, as it would probably be necessary once I was in the mountains. Nonetheless, I did need to take quite a few pauses to rest throughout the day as the egg really was too heavy for me, but regardless of that, nothing noteworthy happened.

When night fell I set up a small barrier with a few talismans and lied on the grass. It was hard to sleep though, too many memories started entering my head... It was easier when I was with mister Garrett as having someone nearby helped distract me, but now that I was alone... I thought the times I ran from Luminous' devouts were behind me, but it seems like I only needed a vaguely similar situation to get agitated again...

But it was alright now, The Goddess protects, I'm safe here, she won't let me get endangered me, I can sleep without worrying about anything... It should be alright, everything should be alright...

Eventually I fell asleep, though I did not rest well. I couldn't quite remember what I dreamt of, but it certainly wasn't anything good... Probably some bad memories. I also felt tired from keeping a barrier up all night, but there was no other way around it, so I got up, ate, and started moving again.

This pattern was repeated throughout my stay in the ravines, walking, resting, foraging, finding wild animals from time to time, and sleeping without resting much.

After four days though, I reached the mountain, so it was now time to climb... I also got a small stockpile of fruits and berries to keep with me during my stay, which would hopefully last a few days to keep me energized in this harsher biome.

The first day wasn't too bad, there was a clear path to follow that moved up the mountain, though climbing up certainly took its toll on me, and I had to take a lot more breaks than I took in the ravine.

Things got worse in the second and third days, it felt hard to breath, I wasn't sure why, but I prayed The Goddess would give me the strength to continue.

By the fourth day I was getting closer to the top, but ended up finding a goat blocking my path... It looked considerably less nourished than the animals in the ravine, probably because there was less food available up here... In addition, it seemed adamantly against me passing, it was probably defending its territory...

I looked around for a small while, but there was really no other path around, and climbing the walls wasn't really an option, so I had no choice but to go past that goat... So I prayed, I prayed The Goddess would help it understand that I meant no harm and that it did not need to protect its territory from me.

I slowly walked towards it, and seemed to try scaring me from moving any further... Yet I moved one more step... Getting a bit closer... Slowly...

And then the goat moved, rushed towards me... It surprised me, I usually did not have trouble with wild animals. And yet, I did not try to dodge, I'd be unable to, and I believed The Goddess did not send me here to die to a goat's charge. There is a reason it was put here in front of me.

So instead, I opened my arms in an embrace, trying to show the goat that it was alright, that it did not need to fear me, for I did not fear it, and I prayed my intentions would be conveyed properly... And they seemed to be, for the goat stopped its charge a bit before connecting... I thanked The Goddess for her help, and then watched as the goat turned around and started moving up... I followed it, slowly, making sure to make my steps loud enough to be heard by it, I did not want to look like I was hiding myself.

After a very small while, the goat entered a creak, and it let to a small cave where a baby goat lied on. Though it seemed to be extremely weak, and sick perhaps... That was worrisome.

I looked at what food I had left, and there were basically the rations that miss Letianna prepared for me, the water was also running out by now... It couldn't be helped.

I prayed that The Goddess would help me cure this baby, and my will aligned with hers, manifesting a healing magic that slowly stabilized the baby's breathing. I felt quite tired after it, but that was okay... I also helped it eat a bit of the dried fruits and gave it the last bit of remaining water I had. Which also seemed to help improve its condition... I smiled at seeing the baby look better, and then got up and prepared to leave.

The parent goat nudged me a bit though, it seemed to be thanking me, so I gently caressed its fur a bit and prayed it would have no further issues in the future... And then, I left the cave and started climbing again.

It was near nightfall when I saw the colorful Kukuu bird nest. The parents were already at the nest by now, so it would probably be unwise to approach right now... However, I was already quite hungry, thirsty and tired, and I doubted I'd be able to set up a barrier tonight... It was better to finish this as soon as possible.

So I took the egg out of my backpack and started slowly carrying it forward. It was hard to walk with it as I could hardly see what was in front of me due to how big the egg was, but I at least made sure I was moving in the right direction.

It didn't take long for them to notice me. They started making loud noises and seemed to be angry, they probably recognized the egg somehow, which might be a good thing... Or not. I wasn't sure.

They approached me while flapping their wings up and down, the wind provoked by that was almost enough to throw me off balance, and I had to be careful to not fall down just by that... I wished to put the egg down and let them take it, but there was no place I could safely put it without it rolling down and possibly break, so I kept holding it while they approached.

Eventually, one of them got close enough to reach me with its talons, so I slowly lifted the egg up and tried to make it as easy as I could for the bird to take it from my hands... I'm unsure if it noticed my intentions or if it felt it as a chance, but the Kukuu snatched the egg from me and held it between its talons, I sighed in relief by seeing the child being returned to its proper parents.

... Only, the bird then flapped its wings a lot harder than before and from this really close range, which made a gust of wind that was far too strong for me, and pushed me off balance, making me fall. I thought that by itself would be too bad for as long as the birds didn't try attacking me right after, but it seems like I underestimated the strength of the wind's push.

After I fell and hit my back in the hard ground, I was actually rolled down and fell through one of the many slopes of the mountain... That was a real danger.

I prayed The Goddess would protect me and made a makeshift barrier on the spot, it wasn't very strong as I didn't have the time to take out my talismans, but it would have to do. As I rolled down and kept kicking in numerous parts of the mountain, the barrier constantly broke and had to be repaired anew, which quickly drained my energies... I also suffered a fair amount of wounds and my body started bleeding and hurting all over.

... Nonetheless, I arrived at the bottom of the mountain and back into the Ravine due to that. Pained, with a few bones broken for sure, and bleeding quite a bit, while also feeling very tired, but alive. Perhaps that was the way The Goddess chose for me to avoid starvation while going down the mountain... It was definitely not an ideal method of doing so, but that was certainly one less worry I had to handle.

First things first, I tried sitting down to better take care of myself... It hurt more than I imagined, but I managed it. Judging from what parts ached more and what parts I could move, I guessed I had a broken arm and a few broken ribs, that much was manageable, I could move like this. The bleeding was a bigger issue though, it would attract hungry wild animals, that wouldn't do.

I forced myself to once again pray for The Goddess to aid me and help me heal my wounds. To at least stop the bleeding and close the superficial wounds to some extent... I almost fainted during the process due to overexerting myself, but I handled this immediate problem.

Next, I needed to get rid of the blood on my clothes and body, so I forced myself to get up. The pain made my vision fuzzy, and a few black spots appeared in front of my eyes, but I managed to stand and slowly walk towards the river. It's a good thing the river passed near the mountain, so it didn't take too long for me to reach it, for I was certainly unable to walk a big distance right now.

I took off my clothes and washed my body first, to take the sticky blood out from me first. Luckily enough this part of the ravine wasn't very steep, so the flow of the river was not too fast, so I did not have to worry about it pushing me too far from my clothes or backpack while I washed myself... Though swimming with a broken arm and broken ribs was not a pleasant experience regardless... Even if it did not last long as the blood was washed away quickly.

Following that I washed my clothes in the river with my good arm. It took longer than I'd like to take the blood stains away, but The Goddess blessed me with no wild animals getting any closer while I worked on that. Once I was done and finally no longer in danger of attracting anyone with the smell of blood, I put my backpack on my back again and carried my clothes in my good arm and walked a bit away from the river... By now it was already night.

Ideally I'd make a fire to dry myself and my clothes to prevent a cold, but I did not have the means to make a fire, not to mention I was too tired to be actually able to do so.

Instead, I hanged my clothes in a tree branch I could reach, and then slowly and carefully rolled around the floor to try drying myself quickly. It dirtied me again even though I had just bathed, but that was a necessary measure to avoid getting sick. Unfortunately there was no way I could dry neither my hair nor my tail in a timely manner, so I would just need to wait for them to dry naturally.

I then made a small bed of leaves and slept on the ground. I had no strength to make a barrier tonight, so I just prayed things would be alright.

Morning came and I was still in one piece, which was a good sign. The Goddess certainly protected me tonight.

I felt extremely dirty and wanted to take another bath, but that would make me run into the same problem as yesterday of not having a good way of drying myself, so I refrained from doing so. Instead I slowly put on my now-dry clothes on and looked around to see what could be done about my arm. It was still hurting a lot and I couldn't have a broken arm hanging like that, it needed to be put in proper position...

The first alternative would be to tear up a part of my robes to make a cast, but my robes were already looking like rags after the fall from the mountain, so I'd rather refrain from doing that, instead I looked around to see if anything could substitute the clothes to make a cast... And I found some vines and thin branches. It looked functional enough.

Taking out the knife out of my backpack from the first time, I cut some vines and tied them together with some branches around my arm to put it in proper position and to not get any worse... It took much longer than what I thought it would though. Even though I knew that self-medicating was a lot harder than taking care of others, the time I spent in the temple still pervaded my thoughts it seems... I prayed to The Goddess for some peace of mind and for help in focusing on my task at hand.

The next thing I did was to go to the river again to drink some water, I met with a deer there, but it did not seem to mind me, so we went our separate ways. Following that, I moved around while trying to find some berries or fruits to eat.

Everything was painful and slow though, I couldn't walk very fast with broken ribs, so I had no choice but to take my time walking and searching, not to mention I still felt quite weak... I did find some food eventually though. And I used the time searching to also slowly move towards the general direction of Scribel, as I would probably take quite a while to leave the Ravine at this pace.

When night fell, I prayed to The Goddess to help my arm heal quicker, so I had no stamina remaining to make a barrier... So once again, I prayed for a safe night, and fell asleep unprotected.

... At some point during the night I woke up though, I heard noises around me, a fair amount of them... Slowly approaching, and all around me.

I didn't know what they were, but I could understand they were probably dangerous. However, I was in no condition to run, so I instead took some talismans from my backpack and positioned then around me. Then I sat down and waited.

Eventually I saw a wolf nearby... And that was pretty much all confirmation I needed to know that this was a pack of wolves surrounding me. They did not seem starved though, so I wondered why they chose me as their prey, I doubted I'd offer enough food for a whole pack... Perhaps I just looked like easy food.

Nonetheless, I had to do something about it, so I closed my eyes and prayed for The Goddess' protection, which slowly activated my barrier.

Some Moments passed with them closing the encirclement, I could slowly hear their steps getting nearer with each second. I kept my eyes closed though, The Goddess would protect me, I just needed to pray.

Eventually, one of them lunged at me. Its attack hit the barrier head on, and I felt the impact, but the barrier was still up. Some stamina was definitely taken away from that blow, but I could endure this much.

Another one, and yet another. Each time the wolves lunged, they were met with The Goddess' protection that stopped them from moving any closer. I was close to fainting and knew I would not be able to maintain the barrier for more than a few blows, but I kept praying. It would be alright, The Goddess would protect me.

I heard louder sounds, heavier steps moved closer to me... Perhaps it was the alpha of the pack. It took a few careful steps, and then lunged at my barrier as well... It almost cracked, but it stayed firm... The blow was certainly stronger than what the other wolves made so far. I doubt I'd be able to endure another of those.

However, my prayers paid off. The wolves' started moving again, and I could hear their steps moving farther from me. It seems they gave up after noticing they could not get any closer... I thanked The Goddess for protecting me until the end, and then fell asleep while still sitting down, no longer resisting the tiredness that was taking me over.

The next day was a harsh one. Using enough magic to both start healing my broken arm and then protect me in the night took a big toll on me, even after a whole night's sleep, I had basically no strength and wanted nothing more than a soft bed to sleep on... I forced myself to forage food and drink water though, and that was basically all I did the entire day. During the night I had no strength to even consider work on healing my arm, so I just slept as is. Once again praying The Goddess would protect me tonight.

The following days were better, I was slowly recovering my strength as I ate, and I made sure to heal my arm during the nights. The dirty feeling that permeated my body was horrible though, and I had a harder time dealing with it than with the pain from my still recovering wounds... At the very least, they were mostly internal, as I had healed the external parts before, so no infection came out of this.

About a week passed before I could properly move my arm again. My ribs were still broken though, and I decided to leave them like that until I reached Scribel. They could wait. Having two arms to do things and not needing to spend energy in the night healing it did wonders for me though, as I had to take less rests during the day and forage more food to feed myself better and recover energy properly. I thanked The Goddess for guiding my thoughts in the right direction once more.

Three days later I finally got near the edge of the Ravine, so I bathed in the river to finally get rid of all that dirt that was bothering me to no end. The river was stronger in this area though, which hurt my ribs considerably, but I endured this much for the sake of cleaning myself. After cleaning my clothes as well, I dressed myself while them were still dripping wet and moved out of the Ravine and towards the road. My pace was still slow though, so I only got halfway there before I had to stop for the day... I also had a headache troubling me and was feeling weaker than before, which means I probably got sick... Unsurprisingly though, after spending a day wearing dripping wet clothes, I would be amazed if I did not catch a cold. It was fine though, I could endure this sickness for a small while.

When I woke up in the next day, I was shivering, it was very very cold... Though that was probably my own body's reaction to the sickness and not actually the weather's fault. I ate some berries I stocked before leaving the ravine and drank water from my canteen before forcing myself to get up and move towards the road... I felt dizzy and wobbled most of the way there, so my pace was even slower than before, but I arrived it by noon.

Then, I sat down and waited, I would not move all the way back to Scribel in this condition, so I needed a ride... I prayed to The Goddess that one would soon arrive... But slowly, I had a hard time keeping my eyes open, and fell asleep.

When I woke up, I felt everything shaking and that made my sick feeling worse... I somehow ended up not puking though, instead I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in the road right now, moving... Probably on top of a cart.

I was not tied up in any way, so the people carrying me must not be bandits. I looked around and saw a man and a boy nearby, with the man guiding the horses that were moving the cart, and the boy just looking at the surrounding scenery, seemingly absent-minded. There were also a wide variety of things within the cart, so I assumed this was a merchant's wagon or something similar.

When I tried readjusting my position, the boy noticed me and eagerly talked to his father about how I just woke up. They both reprimanded me about how dangerous it was for me to sleep like that in the road, and how I could have been killed... They also explained I had a really strong fever, and that I was lucky they found me before it got any worse. It seems like I underestimated my sickness a bit.

I apologized for my carelessness and thanked them for their help, and The Goddess for guiding them to me. I then explained my circumstances and why I was alone in the wilds like that, they seemed to be pretty surprised about a priestess working as an adventurer instead of the temple, which was... Understandable, it would certainly not be my first choice of job as well. But I felt it was the right thing to do to follow The Goddess' teachings.

And per The Goddess' blessings, they were moving from Gelderholm to Scribel and not the other way around, so I arrived at the city before long. Moreover, they did not even ask for payment even though they did the kindness of both taking me here and also treating my sickness... They said they could never accept money from one that served the gods, and instead only prayed that I would use this opportunity to help as many people that needed my aid as I could.

I deeply thanked them for their kindness and prayed for their safety and success as well. I'm sure their acts will not be overlooked by The Goddess. Then, we said our goodbyes and they went to the merchant's district, while I returned to the guild to deliver my report... Then I'll need to work on resting to recover from this sickness, and healing those broken ribs of mine.
  • After mister Gem gave me the permission to clear the request by delivering an egg back to its nest as opposed to stealing an egg. I obtained information on the location of the Kukuu nest that the egg was from, got the egg in question from a noble lady that was safekeeping it, and then headed towards the ravine.
  • Took a ride to the Ravine by offering prayers to traveling merchants.
  • Time in the ravine was mostly peaceful as the animals were well-fed in didn't see much reason in attacking a human. I used that time to forage a small stockpile of fruits and berries to last the mountain climb, while staying near the river to have an easily available source of water.
  • The mountain climb was harsh, but not particularly eventful, the main issue was how tiring it was to move up with such a heavy egg in my backpack.
  • Safely delivered the egg to the Kukuu birds, but ended up being pushed down the mountain by them. Barely survived the fall by rolling the way down while constantly making and remaking a barrier that protected me from the more severe wounds.
  • Used magic to heal the more superficial parts of the wounds to stop the bleeding, then went to the river to wash the blood away from both body and clothes, had a hard time doing that because of a few broken ribs and a broken arm. Then dried myself up by rolling in the dirty ground and letting the clothes hanging.
  • Spent a week foraging and slowly moving towards Scribel while trying to heal my arm.
  • When I reached the edge of the Ravine, I took another bath at the river to clean all the dirt away. I didn't have any good way of drying myself available though, so I ended up getting sick.
  • Found a merchant's wagon in the road back to Scribel that kindly treated my sickness to some extent while also giving me a ride to the city. I offered them my prayers and wished them success and safety.
  • Now still sick and with some broken ribs to take care of.
  • Entire trip took roughly 3 weeks. About 2 and a half spend in the ravine and mountains.
"You..."
While I did not know her, I rubbed my temples and wondered how-- lucky was she? Should I say misfortunate? Whether that is one or another. Her experiences are something I do not wish to face anytime. What could I say about her condition? She was completely aware of the danger yet did this quest under her Goddess' guidance or something along these lines according to her report. I suppose I can just say this--

"Please. Don't ever try to become a Rank D. I think anyone... anyone prefer a report with a living person in front of them rather than a corpse... it would be a shame to lose anyone."
Remind me to never take the E-Rank test as well. I think I am fine with being unranked.

"--and most importantly, rest. You deserve it after all this trouble. Wish I could say something else, but, eh, nevermind about that. That would be irrelevant."
Whatever your Goddess teaches you-- it's not worth endangering one's life. However, that is not something I can just outright say to her face, right?

"Alright... I guess the unimportant yet significant part of this talk has come. The rewards-- well, you've completed every objective, so now, you're Rank E--"
At a price that could have been her life instead of some injuries and a sickness.
"Obviously 30G which will hopefully permit you to rest."

OOC: You also get 400EXP~ Congratulations as well! \o/
Be sure to tag your report as appraised~

Bochi

> > >
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [SC01]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably! Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >
On her way to the city in the distance, Aquamarine frowned. She was here with a rather tall order, after all; to locate a missing fellow Operator and bring them back. And naturally, there was a time limit.

I can only keep the connection going for one year. If you haven't found her by the end of it, come back. She'll have to be on her own.

Even though some of the most most powerful Casters in the island had worked together for it--- the Keeper of the Lock and Keys amongst them, they could only send one person. After the process of elimination ended, she was one of the better choices.

Hurry. She doesn't have much time. Neither do you.

Mostima had said that, even as Aquamarine stepped into the swirling black-and-white portal. Then she found herself here. Within flying distance of a strange city.

Naturally, she started for it, only to find out that most of her abilities were...not quite as before. The little girl clicked her tongue, irritated.

Well, from the looks of this place, medieval fantasy. So...some kind of corporation for hunting monsters? Is there one here?

She could see the gates now, and soldiers milling about.

Guess it won't hurt to ask.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated
Treat the Wounded
Sponsor
: Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Some knowledge of how to heal patients. Either through magic or by knowing how to use the appropriate herbs, bandages etc.
  • Help with the treatment of patients in the temple for a day.
Explanation:
With the recent growth in numbers of Adventurers in Scribel, the amount of wounded people in need of treatment increased exponentially, and this is quickly overwhelming the priests that are unable to deal with such heavy workload.
As the priests are already overwhelmed, they can't afford helping someone learn how to do basic medicine, so someone with experience is required.

Rewards:
  • EXP: 80
  • Money: 20G

Quest Report - Okarin

The slimeperson took a deep breath and stood before the gates of one of the city's major temples.

They inhaled, and then they exhaled.

Okarin was back here again.

Truthfully, it gave them a lot of anxiety. It wasn't a good experience the last time Okarin had knocked on the door of that temple on that rainy day, and Okarin did not forget memories like those easily. Slimes were hunted in the City of Scribel. Humans didn't like slimes. The healers of this temple had turned Okarin away because they refused to accept a Herb Slime.

Okarin's heart pounded.

It was flustered. Disarrayed.

They felt off-balance like a butterfly that had lost one of its four wings.

They couldn't fly straight.

The Liberi... had... walked away... out of the Tavern.

But Okarin immediately shoved that memory out of their head.

Okarin didn't dwell on things.

They couldn't afford to mope around.

Life was much too short for that.

+ + +​

Okarin knocked on the door to the temple.

There was a few minutes of dread before a priest finally opened the gates.

"I'm here to help the temple with healing patients," Okarin said.

The priest gave Okarin a long and hard stare.

The slimeperson held their breath, but eventually the priest nodded.

'Come in,' he said.

+ + +​

There was an infirmary.

Many patients.

Some of them lost fingers, arms, legs.

Some where bleeding.

Others were infected.

There were delirious cries of incomprehensible words.

'What can you do?' The priest asked Okarin.

Okarin responded that they would heal people.

"Are there any adventurers that were wounded while fighting slimes?" Okarin asked.

The priest gave a strange look at the odd request, but replied in the affirmative nonetheless.

'There's an E-Rank adventurer who tried to exterminate slimes in the Slime Cavern underneath the sewers. Fought a Giant Slime. Lost.'

"Can you bring me to him?"

+ + +​

The injuries were horrific.

Acid burns covered over 80% of the adventurer's body, and his skin was peeling.

He was missing part of his leg.

Essentially, he was half-digested by a giant slime.

The man was delirious and febrile.

'Those damn slimes, I'm gonna kill 'em! I'm going to splatter 'em! I ain't gonna rest until every single one of 'em is gone! I'll kill 'em all!'

He flailed his arm and went on a tirade, but the adventurer wasn't conscious.

It was a fever dream.

Okarin knelt down beside the man's futon.

'Hahahhhhaha! You think a little slime is gonna faze me! I've killed thousands of slimes! I've done the Slime Subjugation Quest hundreds and hundreds of times! I hate slimes! They're pests! Rats! Mosquitos! I smash slimes with a big wooden club! The go splat!'

The man wasn't going to live for very long.

One of the most common reasons for a severe burn patient to die is from dehydration. The human skin protects from water loss, yet when that skin is burned away, fluids are lost from the body extraordinarily quickly. In fact, fluids are lost faster than a human patient can possibly drink. The water loss results in intravascular depletion, hypo-volumetric shock, and end-organ-failure.

Okarin was not familiar with this human medical knowledge. However, Okarin was a slime, and 99% water. They could tell simply from looking that this human didn't have enough water inside him.

'You damn slimes!! Fuck you! Fuck you all!!'

Okarin extended a hand and placed it over a small area of the man's severe burns.

They closed their eyes.

Okarin was a herb slime. It was a recent class change by some regard, but Okarin could heal people by touching them.

It took a very long time... many hours... for it to show effect.

Okarin wasn't a healing potion.

They couldn't cause instantaneous miracles.

They had to sit with every patient for a very long time.

But it worked.

It could save people.

Okarin shared their fluid with the human man, letting their water pass through their touch by osmosis.

They were almost the equivalent of an IV line in a modern human hospital.

Yet Okarin sat there and closed their eyes.

The man continued to burst with delirious ramblings, but the slime person ignored that.

Okarin thought about Vicious.

They felt tears welling at their eyes, but Okarin shook their head back and forth.

It was pointless for a slime to waste water like that.

Okarin needed to be stronger.

Much stronger.

If they were stronger, would the Liberi look at them again?

Last edited:

Vanus

Quest Report - Unevaluated

Quest Report - Okarin

The slimeperson took a deep breath and stood before the gates of one of the city's major temples.

They inhaled, and then they exhaled.

Okarin was back here again.

Truthfully, it gave them a lot of anxiety. It wasn't a good experience the last time Okarin had knocked on the door of that temple on that rainy day, and Okarin did not forget memories like those easily. Slimes were hunted in the City of Scribel. Humans didn't like slimes. The healers of this temple had turned Okarin away because they refused to accept a Herb Slime.

Okarin's heart pounded.

It was flustered. Disarrayed.

They felt off-balance like a butterfly that had lost one of its four wings.

They couldn't fly straight.

The Liberi... had... walked away... out of the Tavern.

But Okarin immediately shoved that memory out of their head.

Okarin didn't dwell on things.

They couldn't afford to mope around.

Life was much too short for that.

+ + +​

Okarin knocked on the door to the temple.

There was a few minutes of dread before a priest finally opened the gates.

"I'm here to help the temple with healing patients," Okarin said.

The priest gave Okarin a long and hard stare.

The slimeperson held their breath, but eventually the priest nodded.

'Come in,' he said.

+ + +​

There was an infirmary.

Many patients.

Some of them lost fingers, arms, legs.

Some where bleeding.

Others were infected.

There were delirious cries of incomprehensible words.

'What can you do?' The priest asked Okarin.

Okarin responded that they would heal people.

"Are there any adventurers that were wounded while fighting slimes?" Okarin asked.

The priest gave a strange look at the odd request, but replied in the affirmative nonetheless.

'There's an E-Rank adventurer who tried to exterminate slimes in the Slime Cavern underneath the sewers. Fought a Giant Slime. Lost.'

"Can you bring me to him?"

+ + +​

The injuries were horrific.

Acid burns covered over 80% of the adventurer's body, and his skin was peeling.

He was missing part of his leg.

Essentially, he was half-digested by a giant slime.

The man was delirious and febrile.

'Those damn slimes, I'm gonna kill 'em! I'm going to splatter 'em! I ain't gonna rest until every single one of 'em is gone! I'll kill 'em all!'

He flailed his arm and went on a tirade, but the adventurer wasn't conscious.

It was a fever dream.

Okarin knelt down beside the man's futon.

'Hahahhhhaha! You think a little slime is gonna faze me! I've killed thousands of slimes! I've done the Slime Subjugation Quest hundreds and hundreds of times! I hate slimes! They're pests! Rats! Mosquitos! I smash slimes with a big wooden club! The go splat!'

The man wasn't going to live for very long.

One of the most common reasons for a severe burn patient to die is from dehydration. The human skin protects from water loss, yet when that skin is burned away, fluids are lost from the body extraordinarily quickly. In fact, fluids are lost faster than a human patient can possibly drink. The water loss results in intravascular depletion, hypo-volumetric shock, and end-organ-failure.

Okarin was not familiar with this human medical knowledge. However, Okarin was a slime, and 99% water. They could tell simply from looking that this human didn't have enough water inside him.

'You damn slimes!! Fuck you! Fuck you all!!'

Okarin extended a hand and placed it over a small area of the man's severe burns.

They closed their eyes.

Okarin was a herb slime. It was a recent class change by some regard, but Okarin could heal people by touching them.

It took a very long time... many hours... for it to show effect.

Okarin wasn't a healing potion.

They couldn't cause instantaneous miracles.

They had to sit with every patient for a very long time.

But it worked.

It could save people.

Okarin shared their fluid with the human man, letting their water pass through their touch by osmosis.

They were almost the equivalent of an IV line in a modern human hospital.

Yet Okarin sat there and closed their eyes.

The man continued to burst with delirious ramblings, but the slime person ignored that.

Okarin thought about Vicious.

They felt tears welling at their eyes, but Okarin shook their head back and forth.

It was pointless for a slime to waste water like that.

Okarin needed to be stronger.

Much stronger.

If they were stronger, would the Liberi look at them again?
"Everything in order here xenos scum." AIEO throws the reward down.
REWARDS to be added after you change your report to appraised:
Money: 20 G

Vanus

On her way to the city in the distance, Aquamarine frowned. She was here with a rather tall order, after all; to locate a missing fellow Operator and bring them back. And naturally, there was a time limit.

I can only keep the connection going for one year. If you haven't found her by the end of it, come back. She'll have to be on her own.

Even though some of the most most powerful Casters in the island had worked together for it--- the Keeper of the Lock and Keys amongst them, they could only send one person. After the process of elimination ended, she was one of the better choices.

Hurry. She doesn't have much time. Neither do you.

Mostima had said that, even as Aquamarine stepped into the swirling black-and-white portal. Then she found herself here. Within flying distance of a strange city.

Naturally, she started for it, only to find out that most of her abilities were...not quite as before. The little girl clicked her tongue, irritated.

Well, from the looks of this place, medieval fantasy. So...some kind of corporation for hunting monsters? Is there one here?

She could see the gates now, and soldiers milling about.

Guess it won't hurt to ask.
"Stamp"
REWARDS after changed to evaluated:

Bochi

Scout the Beastman Mountain
Sponsor:
Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 3
Reward: 150 EXP / 50 G
Objectives:
  • Read these quest reports: (1) (2) (3)
  • Learn about this area and the kingdom.
  • Assess the threat-level of the region.
  • Identify monsters and dangers in the region.
  • Identify resources and benefits in the region.
Early in the morning, the letter was delivered to the adventurer's guild. It contained a report and a jade token carved with ten wings arranged in a circle.

Nobody remembered delivering the letter, but a morning guard did mention seeing a blur of brown-and-white speed into the town, and leave minutes later.
'Things picked up very quickly yesterday. Now that the attack's over, I have the time to send this report. The Shrine Miko has decided to be entirely candid---mostly because I ended up getting dragged in their affairs regardless.

The mountain rests on a leyline, and yesterday we went deep into the tunnels to check on it; the earth vein as the locals called it. No matter. The thing was glowing faintly red, and they all agreed that the vein had only ever glowed blue. Lying on an altar in the same room where the vein was located was this token, which I have attached and sent in along with the report.

Also, I didn't think I'd witness it so soon after arrival, but the barrier's broken. Shattered, gone, whatever you call it. The Azure Dragon saw the intruders before they saw her, thankfully, so we were able to catch them in an ambush.

I reckon about half of the outer rim of the southern part of the forest around the mountain burned down. We evacuated six whole villages whilst having to fight off the invaders, but the number of villagers that got out alive couldn't have been more than three villages worth.

Simply speaking, three whole villages got annihilated in one attack. And they were located right next to Sei's river. Didn't matter. The inferno consumed the houses in a matter of minutes. Whatever it was, it definitely ain't normal fire.

Ah, right. The enemies. I should describe them too, shouldn't I?

First, there's the blue-skinned humanoids I met previously, with a single horn on their heads. Except this time they came in larger numbers, fiercer than before. And here's something---they don't die immediately when you stab them in the heart. Those that took fatal strikes carried on for a short while before toppling.

From what we've seen, the only thing that instantly downs one is to cleave the entire head off, everything above the neck. Or pulverize the whole head, which ain't easy.

There were also three much larger humanoids, about the size of fully grown elephants, I reckon, red, blue and green. Each had two horns on their foreheads instead of one, and I can vouch for the fact that their weapons are definitely enchanted. Even if they weren't I wouldn't have tried to parry regardless. One of the Shogun's guards got in a good cut on a leg joint---I had to snatch him away seconds later before the club splattered him all over the floor.

And finally, the source of the raging fire. A little girl swinging a sword just as large as she was, dressed in red robes. Laughing as she swung her blade around randomly, sending bursts of fire everywhere.

We clashed. Briefly. I'm not ashamed to say that if Sei didn't back me up I wouldn't have been alive to write this report. I don't even remember how long the battle dragged on; at some point the girl and the three large creatures retreated, leaving us to clean up the smaller blue ones.

I can still hear her laughter in my mind, and it unsettles me very much.

Yeah, no doubt about it. Oni. Disaster in humanoid packages. Most of them have bulky frames, but holy. When they want to move fast, they can---you'll need a good horse to even think of outrunning one.

Even now, resting in an inn in the Winter City and looking out of my room on the third floor, I can see it in the distance. And perhaps you from Scribel City will be able to see it as well---locate the mountain from the city walls, and look a few degrees to the left. A slightly smaller mountain by it's lonesome.

And if it's sunny outside now, even better. Because you'll see that the sky above that mountain is a deep shade of purple, and lightning occasionally strikes the peak. Storm clouds are gathering. And the storm's going to hit the Winter City first, at it's strongest.

Having fought in Gelderholm, I can safely say this.

A few hordes of snakes' way easier to fight off in comparison.'

- Signed, V

Last edited:

Vanus

Early in the morning, the letter was delivered to the adventurer's guild. It contained a report and a jade token carved with ten wings arranged in a circle.

Nobody remembered delivering the letter, but a morning guard did mention seeing a blur of brown-and-white speed into the town, and leave minutes later.
'Things picked up very quickly yesterday. Now that the attack's over, I have the time to send this report. The Shrine Miko has decided to be entirely candid---mostly because I ended up getting dragged in their affairs regardless.

The mountain rests on a leyline, and yesterday we went deep into the tunnels to check on it; the earth vein as the locals called it. No matter. The thing was glowing faintly red, and they all agreed that the vein had only ever glowed blue. Lying on an altar in the same room where the vein was located was this token, which I have attached and sent in along with the report.

Also, I didn't think I'd witness it so soon after arrival, but the barrier's broken. Shattered, gone, whatever you call it. The Azure Dragon saw the intruders before they saw her, thankfully, so we were able to catch them in an ambush.

I reckon about half of the outer rim of the southern part of the forest around the mountain burned down. We evacuated six whole villages whilst having to fight off the invaders, but the number of villagers that got out alive couldn't have been more than three villages worth.

Simply speaking, three whole villages got annihilated in one attack. And they were located right next to Sei's river. Didn't matter. The inferno consumed the houses in a matter of minutes. Whatever it was, it definitely ain't normal fire.

Ah, right. The enemies. I should describe them too, shouldn't I?

First, there's the blue-skinned humanoids I met previously, with a single horn on their heads. Except this time they came in larger numbers, fiercer than before. And here's something---they don't die immediately when you stab them in the heart. Those that took fatal strikes carried on for a short while before toppling.

From what we've seen, the only thing that instantly downs one is to cleave the entire head off, everything above the neck.

There were also three much larger humanoids, about the size of fully grown elephants, I reckon, red, blue and green. Each had two horns on their foreheads instead of one, and I can vouch for the fact that their weapons are definitely enchanted. Even if they weren't I'd have tried to parry regardless. One of the Shogun's guards got in a good cut on a leg joint---I had to snatch him away seconds later before the club splattered him all over the floor.

And finally, the source of the raging fire. A little girl swinging a sword just as large as she was, dressed in red robes. Laughing as she swung her blade around randomly, sending bursts of fire everywhere.

We clashed. Briefly. I'm not ashamed to say that if Sei didn't back me up I wouldn't have been alive to write this report. I don't even remember how long the battle dragged on; at some point the girl and the three large creatures retreated, leaving us to clean up the smaller blue ones.

I can still hear her laughter in my mind, and it unsettles me very much.

Yeah, no doubt about it. Oni. Disaster in humanoid packages. Most of them have bulky frames, but holy. When they want to move fast, they can---you'll need a good horse to even think of outrunning one.

Even now, resting in an inn in the Winter City and looking out of my room on the third floor, I can see it in the distance. And perhaps you from Scribel City will be able to see it as well---locate the mountain from the city walls, and look a few degrees to the left. A slightly smaller mountain by it's lonesome.

And if it's sunny outside now, even better. Because you'll see that the sky above that mountain is a deep shade of purple, and lightning occasionally strikes the peak. Storm clouds are gathering. And the storm's going to hit the Winter City first, at it's strongest.

Having fought in Gelderholm, I can safely say this.

A few hordes of snakes' way easier to fight off in comparison.'

- Signed, V
Dangers at high levels request for you to remain and help in the defence and preparations for war so we have a correspondent there likely imminent. It seems they have a problem that will need dealing with before it can effect Scribel in any noticeable way. Security of borders of far higher priority compared to any material gain at this point in my strategic analysis since that means we only have a 4 day period for final preparations if they fall.- AIEO
REWARDS to be added after you changed quest report to evaluated:
Money: 50 G

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Quest Report - Appraised
Low Blow [SR0903]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 9
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Fragments of a Torn Map.
  • Form an alliance with some rival pirates.
  • Backstab and betray your allies.
  • Crush and destroy your rivals.
We have a common enemy, so we should work together, right?Sure! Sure! At least, we should *pretend* to be nice~When our rivals glance the other way, knife them in the back.Kick them when they’re down. We’ll kill two birds with one stone. Rewards:
  • Money: 25 G
  • Other: N/A
Report - Solet' Luna
A series of shouting echoed forth as three ships faced each other in a stand-off, two of them grouped as one and tried to take down the lone ship. The Spectre Plunderer, although strong, could not fight against the Misty Puppeteer and its new ally, the Terror Mermaids.

The Terror Mermaids, having obtained 1 piece of the map fragments, desired to uncover its secret and gained unimaginable wealth. However, knowing their limit, they could not possibly fight against the Spectre Plunderer alone. So, they decided to temporarily ally with us to take down the strongest crew first.

A muffled noise rang as the ships trembled due to the impact. Dust and blood kicked up from the floorboard as explosions resounded. Black skull of smoke flew into the sky and formed countless rings of death, obscuring the sunlight and impairing the vision. Although the ships didn't want to sink each other, creating some damage first before going hand-to-hand combat was still a better idea.

"Today— Those damn Spectre will pay!" Followed after the Captain's shout, the crews yelled and set sailed the ship, moving towards the ghostly target covered in countless exotic greenery. The moral was high, and battle to the death never seemed to affect them anymore.

Accompanied by their march, a soft melody repeated along with the resonance of the winds. The sound, akin to the mother ocean, calmed the sea and brightened the sky. The waves soared high, and the fish wiggled in joy, for the song of the sea was played.

A beautiful mermaid stood at the forefront of the Terror Mermaid, covered in thin layers of accessories and veils. Her motion was graceful, and enhanced the viewers to no end. Her ship, although looked aged and unbalanced, was strangely stable. The sea flowers and weeds that stuck on the ship was simply a part of the ship. They helped them stabilized, and added a flavour of the sea into its look.

The Terror Mermaid, true to its name, was a crew of merfolks. Their ship, made from deep-sea material, could withstand tides and waves better than most. They could even go underwater for a short period. A unique and unusual crew, indeed.

Of course, I also revealed my ability and formed a domain of fog to surround the Misty Puppeteer. The milky layer of concealment began to spread outwards, slowly reaching both the Spectre Plunderer and the Terror Mermaid. The pale mist wasn't as powerful as the black mist of teh Black Sea, but it would be good enough to help our crew and obstruct the interference from Lady of Green.

The conflict raged on as the three ships connected to each other via ladders, boats, and ropes. The fighting of the pirates was cruel and full of trickeries, almost always lacked the quality of honour of the knights and the like. Backstabs, distractions, foul plays were everywhere, and the weak sometimes killed the strong using said tactics.

"Slivery Witch, Voice of the Sea, come out and fight me..." A raging voice screamed as the greenery on the Spectre Plunderer shivered and swayed violently. A figure cloaked in vines and flowers manifested and walked towards me. Not only the Lady, but the singer also slowly made their way to my side as well.

And so, we engaged in a stand-still where pirates would avoid, fearing the straying power to injure them. Spikes of ice flew everywhere, and got intercepted by floating petals. Sometimes the flowers and leaves would stop and wither under the constant singing of the mermaid. We all got respectively injured, and unanimously agreed to not go too far. After all, the map didn't worth creating death grudge with other witches.

After sometimes, when the battle was slowly reaching its conclusion, a series of loud rumble echoed as cannonballs exploded and rained fire onto the three ships. The Spectre Plunderer and the Terror Mermaid fell to anticipate the ambush and suffered great damage and casualty. It was also this moment when the Misty Puppeteer abruptly retreated and cut the connection between the ship before sailing away.

Letting my adorable creation wiggled into my skin, I placed 3 stolen pieces of map fragments onto the table, and in front of the Captain and the crew, before staring into the distance, at the lonely ship that ambushed the two ships.

A figure veiled in voodoo mask stared back, before walking into the deck and disappeared into his room. The worm in his hand exploded, revealing a delicate, glowing scroll. Inside it was my once most powerful spell, the Blizzard Storm, as a price for his cooperation.

That's right— I planned the little play with the help of the Poisonous Rustler, who also suffered some injustice from the Spectre Plunderer. Using my Worm Magic, I stole the fragments from them before letting the Poisonous Rustler finished the job with their destructive bombardment.

Of course, the two ships would come after us— As of writing this report, we're fleeing from them...

Last edited:

Vanus

Un-evaluated
Rank E Promotion Exam [SC501]
Sponsor
Scribel City Adventurer's Guild
Objectives
  • Survive for two weeks without any weapon except a knife.
  • Travel through Gem's Ravine and climb Bighorn Mountain.
  • Retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Bird Nest.
  • Return to Scribel City with the egg intact.
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious weapons. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ You can have a knife instead. Much of the world is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~! Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day! Reward
EXP:
250Money:
30 GItems:
Rank E Certificate
Random Egg (it might hatch!)
1584448775990.png
Well the problems of course started with the confiscation of weapons by the man he said that of course he deemed my clothing to be something strange and unusual so he told me to take it off and decided to supply his own clothing what a cheerful man. Of course he realised his mistake as soon as he poked his head around the corner of the stall to give me the clothing. Though he just wanted to take advantage himself it seems and hide it away on the actual quest because the clothing was luckily not revealing at all. Well more so luckily for others than myself I don't give a crap about them. However the annoyance was that it was fairly restricting compared to my usual wear and just a little tight oh well. Another receptionist came in smiling broadly threw a knife at me for some reason and said I was ready to go. Which I of course wasn't. I still had to go and grab my backpack to fit the egg in and grab the water skin along the way well that is about it that I need I can hunt for food along the way.

The time it took to walk to the northwestern region that is known as Gem's Ravine was quite a long time about 2 weeks or close enough to that to not matter so I guess I should have gone into this quest with my plan to get here sorted beforehand. I noted a scant few traces of the Skaven in the area it seemed they had been dragging off eggs of their own from the looks of the dirt here also my headaches where back in force because the skulls where deemed to be weapons by the priest who was surprised at their efficiency at with holding the daemon in my skull but oh well. I'd had to ingest a few to many poisons for my liking to reset the balance in my bodies delicate systems. The fucking Narthlecium was needed fast in my mind I might have to go borrow it from the kind doctors at this rate but oh well that would definitely have to wait until this was completed. The far more concerning thing was the damned Daemon it seemed it was of course giving me constant migraines and headaches but on the far more important side of things of course it's infection was spreading throughout the clothing and disappearing and the far more annoying but ever present hourly doom rung out from the things mouth and intermittent cackles of laughter I will be happy to be rid of these as soon as I return.

The egg I recovered from the mountain without any difficulty I timed it perfectly with when the damned beasts would be leaving the nest and a Skaven patrol was showing up those guys are everywhere in the mountain range now it seems I guess dwarfs will have to be extraordinarily careful wandering out of their city or have to clean up the Skaven again if they can. Anyway I got my egg bright red thing that it was and of course the daemon started working it's magic on the thing to make it purple I quickly got out of there placing the thing in the backpack and never touching it again the daemon was definitely having fun with the egg in the backpack but well that wasn't my problem whoever my receptionist was could deal with that or I'd deal with it permanently then and there.

The return journey was of course uneventful mostly because I didn't care to meet anyone though it also took about 2 weeks to make the journey back from the nesting place of the fuckers. Anyway all in all a successful if extraordinarily irritating job that I would not be repeating for some time. Oh also it was glowing at nights I think.
Forced into a change of clothing by a receptionist because he thought my thing was likely enough a weapon
Skulls removed from property would like those returned (Nightmares are an annoyance and corruption is faster and more painful)
May need some stronger poison soon.
Saw some Skaven stealing eggs.
Skaven traces scattered and minor throughout the place though easily mistaken for giant rats if you don't know what you are looking for. Probably should be looked into.
"Here you go receptionist here's the egg for you to examine as you can see it's been extremely heavily corrupted by the Daemon until it's a super sickly purple and glows I believe." I hand the egg over to the receptionist.

Last edited:

Vanus

Quest Report - Not Yet Appraised

Report - Solet' Luna

A series of shouting echoed forth as three ships faced each other in a stand-off, two of them grouped as one and tried to take down the lone ship. The Spectre Plunderer, although strong, could not fight against the Misty Puppeteer and its new ally, the Terror Mermaids.

The Terror Mermaids, having obtained 1 piece of the map fragments, desired to uncover its secret and gained unimaginable wealth. However, knowing their limit, they could not possibly fight against the Spectre Plunderer alone. So, they decided to temporarily ally with us to take down the strongest crew first.

A muffled noise rang as the ships trembled due to the impact. Dust and blood kicked up from the floorboard as explosions resounded. Black skull of smoke flew into the sky and formed countless rings of death, obscuring the sunlight and impairing the vision. Although the ships didn't want to sink each other, creating some damage first before going hand-to-hand combat was still a better idea.

"Today— Those damn Spectre will pay!" Followed after the Captain's shout, the crews yelled and set sailed the ship, moving towards the ghostly target covered in countless exotic greenery. The moral was high, and battle to the death never seemed to affect them anymore.

Accompanied by their march, a soft melody repeated along with the resonance of the winds. The sound, akin to the mother ocean, calmed the sea and brightened the sky. The waves soared high, and the fish wiggled in joy, for the song of the sea was played.

A beautiful mermaid stood at the forefront of the Terror Mermaid, covered in thin layers of accessories and veils. Her motion was graceful, and enhanced the viewers to no end. Her ship, although looked aged and unbalanced, was strangely stable. The sea flowers and weeds that stuck on the ship was simply a part of the ship. They helped them stabilized, and added a flavour of the sea into its look.

The Terror Mermaid, true to its name, was a crew of merfolks. Their ship, made from deep-sea material, could withstand tides and waves better than most. They could even go underwater for a short period. A unique and unusual crew, indeed.

Of course, I also revealed my ability and formed a domain of fog to surround the Misty Puppeteer. The milky layer of concealment began to spread outwards, slowly reaching both the Spectre Plunderer and the Terror Mermaid. The pale mist wasn't as powerful as the black mist of teh Black Sea, but it would be good enough to help our crew and obstruct the interference from Lady of Green.

The conflict raged on as the three ships connected to each other via ladders, boats, and ropes. The fighting of the pirates was cruel and full of trickeries, almost always lacked the quality of honour of the knights and the like. Backstabs, distractions, foul plays were everywhere, and the weak sometimes killed the strong using said tactics.

"Slivery Witch, Voice of the Sea, come out and fight me..." A raging voice screamed as the greenery on the Spectre Plunderer shivered and swayed violently. A figure cloaked in vines and flowers manifested and walked towards me. Not only the Lady, but the singer also slowly made their way to my side as well.

And so, we engaged in a stand-still where pirates would avoid, fearing the straying power to injure them. Spikes of ice flew everywhere, and got intercepted by floating petals. Sometimes the flowers and leaves would stop and wither under the constant singing of the mermaid. We all got respectively injured, and unanimously agreed to not go too far. After all, the map didn't worth creating death grudge with other witches.

After sometimes, when the battle was slowly reaching its conclusion, a series of loud rumble echoed as cannonballs exploded and rained fire onto the three ships. The Spectre Plunderer and the Terror Mermaid fell to anticipate the ambush and suffered great damage and casualty. It was also this moment when the Misty Puppeteer abruptly retreated and cut the connection between the ship before sailing away.

Letting my adorable creation wiggled into my skin, I placed 3 stolen pieces of map fragments onto the table, and in front of the Captain and the crew, before staring into the distance, at the lonely ship that ambushed the two ships.

A figure veiled in voodoo mask stared back, before walking into the deck and disappeared into his room. The worm in his hand exploded, revealing a delicate, glowing scroll. Inside it was my once most powerful spell, the Blizzard Storm, as a price for his cooperation.

That's right— I planned the little play with the help of the Poisonous Rustler, who also suffered some injustice from the Spectre Plunderer. Using my Worm Magic, I stole the fragments from them before letting the Poisonous Rustler finished the job with their destructive bombardment.

Of course, the two ships would come after us— As of writing this report, we're fleeing from them...
Reward is awaiting collection. Try not to get to carried away with your magic dear. You never know you might explode from it. - AIEO
REWARDS: gained after changing to evaluated.
Money: 25G

Vanus

> > >

Slime Subjugation [SC103]Sponsor: Adventurer's GuildLocation: Scribel CityRequired Level: 1Objectives:Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.Collect 10 slime cores.Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health camRewards:Points: 75 EXPMoney: 10 GOther: n/a

> > >

One breath. Breathe in, breathe out.

Focus.

Here she was, standing alone in the slime creek. Numerous slime was in front of her, each one could cut her with their water blades. She watched them from the tree top, looking for a way to break through them.

They looked so peaceful. grazing on the grass, drinking water on the river, and socializing with each others. They merged and split, again and again. And here she was, planning to take their life.

Her gaze did not waver at all. Yet, she couldn't see a way to do it. A recent encounter with their kind had managed to injure her. She was blindsided by the other slime as her claw pierced the one she targeted, and her right shoulder took the full brunt of the water blade. So, she observed. Waiting for one of them to move out from the herd.

It was fascinating to behold, really. When two of them joined with each other, sometimes, their core touched each other. Not long after that, she witnessed them splitting a part of their core as they split. And then, when their body split, the small part that they left created one more slime.

No matter though. She had to kill them and harvest their core. Yet, even she was not confident she would be able to evade so many water blades.

Should I try it now?

Palming one stone in her hand, she prepared her mind to attack. As the psionic energy from her core ready to be used, her eyes focused on the outermost one near her. She began to channel the energy to wrap her left hand.

Three, two, one... now!

Using the boost, her left hand swung. The claw that gripped the stone released its hold, and the stone went flying.

It pierced. The projectile passed through the slime body, embedding itself on the stone. As the slime began to leak its body content, what she saw made her hestitate.

The other slime began to converge on the one she had wounded. As soon as it touched the one closest to it, the second slime began to fuse with the first slime. Then, once again they split, with the first slime looked no longer wounded.

Looking at that, she knew she wouldn't be able to wound it, not unless she prepared to defeat the whole herd. As of then, the remaining slime began to move to her direction. With that, she retreated.

It was too hasty of her. With her wanting to finish the quest quickly, she immediately went to the place with the largest concentration of slime. Looking back, the report she had read at the archive said that she could find more upstream, albeit with only one or two of them. At this point, compared to fighting the whole herd, she would rather take the time.

Once again she reminded herself of her previous encounter that day. If she was careless, they might be able to ambush her like before. Keeping that in mind, she went upstream.

Found one. She saw a river slime grazing on the grass. It was one solitary slime, though it was probable that there was one in the river. Once again, she threw a stone with her enhanced strength. This time, she was able to kill it.

It was her third core for that day. She went down to approach the slime. With her hand, she picked the core and put it inside her sack. Just twenty two more, she reminded herself.

It seemed that mid-range approach worked better for her, as long as she did not let it recover. While walking upstream, she picked any peeble that she could, stocking the ammunition for the next encounter.

Another one was sighted. She saw two slime on the other side of the riverbank. She put the sack she was carrying down, and her left hand moved into the sack. Her finger gripped one of the stone inside, and she pulled her hand out. As she saw, the first slime was still grazing on the grass, while the second slime was moving toward the water. As she focused her sight on the second slime, she gathered the psionic energy inside and channel it to her left hand.

Immediately she prepared to throw. Putting one step forward, she gathered the force from her leg to her hand as her body leaning forward and her hand moved in circular arc. Her claw shortened, and the stone was released as her arm started to descend from its swinging motion.

Enough. Seeing the second slime escaping as she killed the first slime made her realize that she could only kill one per group with her tactics. As it was, her rate of throwing the stone would have to be increased substantially if she want to kill the second one.

At this time, she wished for the power from her other self. But the other self did not give judgment to the slimes. No, drawing power from her other self was not something she could do. As it was, she could only maintain her current tactics if she wanted to gather those slime core.

Where was the next one? She hadn't found it after walking for long. It was already noon, and she didn't meet one since the last one. As she felt more unconfident following the track, she decided to return back to the slime herd. If anything, she would have a lot of target there.

As she returned, she observed the slime herd once again. This time she properly counted them. As it was, there were around slimes that she could see, and unknown number of slime in the river. With another stone, she pierce the body of one that was far from her. As expected, the slime around them began to converge to take the core of the bursting slime. Meanwhile, the slime near her started to move to her direction.

Feeling the threat of those nearest to her, she picked another from her bag. She threw it one by one. Yet, the slime continued to advance. Some of the ones near her already possessing two core. As the attack from the slimes was starting increase in rate, it was enough to be uncomfortable. In the end, she decided to abandon her position and escape further back.

Some of the slimes was in pursuit of her. Yet, she easily ditched them as she moved to above. After she ditched them, once again she looked for another vantage point.

There, she could see them once again. This time, she took more distance compared to before. It should take her more psionic energy to give it the same impact. Not to mention she was unfamiliar hitting the enemy at this range. But, this place should be able to give her more breathing room.

She picked up one more stone. Testing it, she tried to use 1.1 time her usual power. It failed as it fell down before it could reach those slime. In fact, some of them noticed it and went closer to her direction.

1.2 times... It was able to reach the enemy, in term of distance. Yet, the attack missed so wide that it landed on the ground. It was then that she had to refine her control. Picking up one more stone, she threw it once again.

This time, it hit. But somehow the stone was halted inside of the slime's body instead of coming through. So, she needed more power.

No, not yet. She thought. Some of them had moved closer inbetween her first and second throw. As they went nearer, she decided to target them first. One more stone being thrown, she managed to pierce the second closest. The one in the forefront was still advancing, while the one behind them managed to swallow the pierced one's core.

Where was the water blades? was she over their range? This was her chance. Picking another stone, she aimed another one, and threw it. The stone hit the one with two core in the forefront and pierced it. Yet, the projectile was halted inside the slime's body.

She became suspicious. Another stone prepared, she aimed at another one with two core. Like the previous two before, it was halted inside, the insides coming out only slowly. Considering that, what would happen if she let them gather more core? It was possible that the slime with two core could separate into two slime with one core again, as she saw before.

As of right then, there were seven slime with two core in front of her, one with three core, and four with one core. As for the remaining slime, she did not know.

She tried her hypothesis. If the slime became denser, then the attack she would launch next would be slowed even more. As it was, there was only fifty steps between her and the slime right then. To test it, she needed to retreat to her previous distance.

She stepped back, taking a distance between the three core-slime and her like she took between her and the two core. Readying the projectile, she threw it. As it entered the slime body, the stone slowed down even more, compared to the two-core. And, unlike the two-core slime, she saw the pierced part slowly recover as it exude the matter that made it.

It was bad news for her. Either she had to make a bigger hole in its surface, or she had to somehow take out the core. It also meant that she couldn't let the slime merge more and create a three-core slime. She found no solution, unless she use her claw as a slashing attack. That would mean that she had to move inbetween twelve slimes' water blade barrage. Could she move in, deal an attack and then move out? No, she did not think so.

Then, the only conclusion was retreat.

She retreated.

+++

It was tiring. It was almost dawn already, and she had only gotten twenty three cores. one half her mind already telling her to sleep already, while another half reminded her that she just needed two more cores, and she could peacefully return.

In the end, she followed upstream. She wouldn't want to fight the slime horde for the foreseeable future. Therefore, her alternative was hunting those upstream.

The last two, her mind supplied as she saw two slime there. She was running on fumes at this point, thus she had to rely on herself. As she dropped her sack, she charged.

One water blade was launched at her direction. She kicked the ground while throwing her body to the left, and missed the blade. She continued her charge. Another one was launched by the other slime. She jumped, leaping over the water blade. Preparing her claw, she slashed the slime in front of her. One enemy down.

She turned to the second slime. The last spurt of her psion was spent as she boosted her leap. In one leap, she reached the second and used her claw to pierce it.

It was the end, she thought. Twenty slime cores, ten for the guild and the remaining fifteen for the alchemist guild. With that, she let her body fall, to be laid on the ground as she felt tiredness consuming her. Rolling her body to face the sky, she took a breath.

The stars dimmed as the color of the sky slowly changed from black to blue, and she rested, as the sun started to rise on the horizon.

+++

After gathering the remaining core, she went back to the guild, bringing ten of them to the receptionist. As it was, she just needed to gather the healing herb and she was set. But for today, she would like to rest.
"Xenos you really are stupid just reach inside pull the core out and leave the damned thing to die it's simple slimes are easy to deal with with proper movements and practice. Though those ones with multiple cores need looking into probably something to do with the slime wave." I stamp the thing and throw the reward on the table.
REWARD: Only once you have marked it as evaluated.
Money: 10 G

Vanus

Alias wanted to know more about this mysterious Guild Master. From the rumours he's heard, the Guild Master is a very lazy and but overworked being, often dumping his paperwork on fellow guild workers or sometimes adventurers. There were even some saying that the Guild Master has eyes all around the city, but was too lazy to do anything about it.

As he was pondering about a reason to stalk shadow the Guild Master, he noticed a quest.

Painting a picture of the Guild Master. Seems like a good enough excuse.
Finding and Painting the Guild Master was not an easy task. Due to the Guild Master's nature of randomly popping up from random places like out of the floorboard or from a loose ceiling tile, it was very hard to track him. To track him down Alias needed to go to the most likely places he'd be.The places where office work gets done came to mind as they were all places where the Guild Master could easily pawn his work onto others.

Alias decided to loiter around one of those areas, with permission of course. After an hour, there was no sign of the Guild Master. I tried another office, but I couldn't find him. Alias tried the tavern, but I couldn't find him there either. He began to lose hope. However; there was something I could do. A last ditch effort to draw out the Guild Master.

"Hey @GM if you let me shadow you, I'll do all your paperwork for a month.", Alias yelled.
"No take backs.", a voice quickly responded.
Emerging from a nearby sewer grate was a boy with extremely short with a pair of cute curly horns and long ears.
"We've got work to do.", the Guild Master said as he pulled Alias by the hand and dragged him.

It seems that the rumours were true about the Guild Master. He was constantly working, travelling all around Scribel: solving disputes, negotiating with the merchant's guild, and reading all the quest reports. Just from the travelling alone, Alias was deadbeat tired. He was sitting in the corner of an office, and watching the GM happily distribute his workload onto the workers. Suddenly, he remembered the quest. He quickly got out a canvas, some painting tools, and was ready to paint the Guild Master, but he disappeared.

"Painting's going to cost extra. 2 months of paperwork should do.", whispered the Guild Master who suddenly appeared behind Alias.

"AIYA.", Alias screamed.

"Okay I get it, 2 months. Since I'm now painting you, can you get in a pose?"

"Nope", the Guild Master quickly responded.

====================================================​
Eventually, Alias finished the painting even-though the Guild Master kept moving locations. It wasn't that accurate since he had to use bits of his memory and imagination to create the pose, but it turned out nicely.

He had covered the painting with a blanket, and carried it to Lord Eugene Rosenthal's House. It was in the wealthier district of Scribel. His house was covered in expensive decorations, there was even a water fountain in his house's front garden. He rapped the door, and was greeted by a man in an expensive suit.

A Butler.

"Hello, how may I be of service to you.", the man asked.

"I'm here to deliver this painting for the quest.", Alias responded.

"Ah yes, Lord Eugene's request. Master's a bit busy right now, so please come in and have a seat."

"Oh. Thank you."

Alias was lead through a number of hallways, decorated with various paintings, and trinkets. They all looked very expensive. Eventually he was lead to the living room, and took a seat on a nearby leather couch.

"Can I get you some tea while you wait?", the man asked.

"No thank you."

"Alright. I'll go tell master that you're here."

"Thank you."

Alias was uncomfortable with most of this formal speak, but he'd have to get used to it sooner or later. After-all a private investigator was more likely to get hired by the upper class.

"Why hello there young man.", a loud voice boomed.

A blonde haired man came walking in followed by the butler from before, and sat on the couch opposite to Alias.

"I am Lord Eugene of the Rosenthal house, and you are?"

"I am Alias. An adventurer."

"Nice to meet you Alias, Bertram tells me you have a painting for me."

"Yes, I do. It's of the Guild Master."

"May I see it?", Eugene enthusiastically asked.

"Yes you may.", Alias said, as he took the cloth off of the painting.

"It looks good. Consider this request finished", Eugene commented.

"Thank you."

"Bertram, escort the young man out of here."

"If you will follow me sir."

I quickly left the house afterwards.

When I returned to the Adventurer's Guild to file my report, I was pushed into the offices and sat into a chair and desk.

The GM then appeared with a mountain of paperwork and promptly dropped it all on the table in front of me.

"Have Fun~", the GM said.
REWARDS: AFTER SIGNING THAT IT'S BEEN EVALUATED.
Money: 35G
Other: Forced to do paperwork for 2 months minimum for @GM

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Quest Report - Appraised
Cannons to Broadside! [SR0902]
  • Sponsor: Pirate Captain
  • Required Level: 9
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Pieces of Eight
  • Escape from a small fleet of pursuers.
  • Fire back against any attackers.
  • Protect your ship from enemy pirates.
  • Do not allow your ship to sink.
Haha! Ol’ Blackbeard can’t stand that we pulled that stunt, huh?
Well, they’re after us! With their small fleet of galleons!
This is where the fun begins, eh? Ever fired a cannon before?
We may be outnumbered, but I trust in our sturdy gal.
This ship’s gotten me through nasty spots, and she won’t let us down!
Rewards:
  • Money: 40 G
  • Other: N/A
Report - Solet' Luna
It was at dusk, but the rage of the Spectre Plunderer and the Terror Mermaid never seemed to end. We, the Misty Puppeteer, had been sailing away from their bombardment for hours upon hours. Of course, they wouldn't dare to actually sink our ship, but using them to slow us down was indeed a wise idea.

The screaming of vengeance resounded every now and then, especially from Lady of Green. Well, she did suffer the most from the ambush. After all, the entire ship of the Spectre Plunderer was actually her creation. Cloaked with exotic plants and flowers, the ship had turned from an ordinary ship into her moving base. There were even some rumours that she had placed some kinds of relics into the ship, making it magical in nature.

The sea trembled as rain fell— The Black Sea was cheering us with her cooling shower. The dark clouds surrounded the blazing sun and obscured her view, making the world darker and more disheartening. Of course, none of these affected us as we were used to the violent weather of the Black Sea.

However, the next thing that happened was not great. The Black Mist strangely manifested in front of us, so we had to change our directions. This actions caused the Terror Mermaid to catch up, and the melodic voice of sadness filled the air, making the crew members cried and sluggish. Some of them even kneeled down and used their own weapons to end their life, begging for forgiveness for the sins they had committed.

It seemed that Voice of the Sea was furious and decided to go heavy on us. Nevertheless, the casualty was unavoidable, and as long as the upper-echelons lived, then all was well.

The chase continued on until we arrived at our destination, a nameless island. We purposely slowed down to let the two caught up. Although our ship was in bad shape, and our crews suffered greatly, the result was already determined once we arrived.

From the island, a figure walked out of the shadow of the cave and waved at me. As soon as I signalled back, countless flying insects and maggots emerged from the clear sands and wildness. Forming a great storm of all-devouring mites. Their abrupt appearance caught the two off-guarded, and they had to hastily retreat after getting more than half of their crew eaten, their ships fragmented.

Although the witches could repel them with ease, they could not fight against the entire army of mites while protecting their crews and ship. Without any choice, they quickly left after casting a glare at me. The battle then ended, as peacefully as it could.

Of course, we did not chase, as our shape was not any better. More than half of our crews died, and our Captain suffered some serious injury. The army of mites could not leave the island, so we had no choice but to let them be. I, however, considered taking the matter into my own hand, but after noticing that someone was spying at me from the distance, I decided to not pursue them any further.

The dark, gloomy ship floated at the edge of the horizon, and standing on it were various figures, exuding dangerous aura and mystical air. The man up front seemed to notice my gaze and smiled at me before saying something and moved back, letting the mysterious ship submerged into the horizon, disappearing into the Black Sea.

"Soon, we'll officially meet..." Barely making out his words through the movement of his mouth, I finally knew the identity of those people. It seemed that the Merchant Guild was correct. How resourceful...

Vanus

Report - Solet' Luna

It was at dusk, but the rage of the Spectre Plunderer and the Terror Mermaid never seemed to end. We, the Misty Puppeteer, had been sailing away from their bombardment for hours upon hours. Of course, they wouldn't dare to actually sink our ship, but using them to slow us down was indeed a wise idea.

The screaming of vengeance resounded every now and then, especially from Lady of Green. Well, she did suffer the most from the ambush. After all, the entire ship of the Spectre Plunderer was actually her creation. Cloaked with exotic plants and flowers, the ship had turned from an ordinary ship into her moving base. There were even some rumours that she had placed some kinds of relics into the ship, making it magical in nature.

The sea trembled as rain fell— The Black Sea was cheering us with her cooling shower. The dark clouds surrounded the blazing sun and obscured her view, making the world darker and more disheartening. Of course, none of these affected us as we were used to the violent weather of the Black Sea.

However, the next thing that happened was not great. The Black Mist strangely manifested in front of us, so we had to change our directions. This actions caused the Terror Mermaid to catch up, and the melodic voice of sadness filled the air, making the crew members cried and sluggish. Some of them even kneeled down and used their own weapons to end their life, begging for forgiveness for the sins they had committed.

It seemed that Voice of the Sea was furious and decided to go heavy on us. Nevertheless, the casualty was unavoidable, and as long as the upper-echelons lived, then all was well.

The chase continued on until we arrived at our destination, a nameless island. We purposely slowed down to let the two caught up. Although our ship was in bad shape, and our crews suffered greatly, the result was already determined once we arrived.

From the island, a figure walked out of the shadow of the cave and waved at me. As soon as I signalled back, countless flying insects and maggots emerged from the clear sands and wildness. Forming a great storm of all-devouring mites. Their abrupt appearance caught the two off-guarded, and they had to hastily retreat after getting more than half of their crew eaten, their ships fragmented.

Although the witches could repel them with ease, they could not fight against the entire army of mites while protecting their crews and ship. Without any choice, they quickly left after casting a glare at me. The battle then ended, as peacefully as it could.

Of course, we did not chase, as our shape was not any better. More than half of our crews died, and our Captain suffered some serious injury. The army of mites could not leave the island, so we had no choice but to let them be. I, however, considered taking the matter into my own hand, but after noticing that someone was spying at me from the distance, I decided to not pursue them any further.

The dark, gloomy ship floated at the edge of the horizon, and standing on it were various figures, exuding dangerous aura and mystical air. The man up front seemed to notice my gaze and smiled at me before saying something and moved back, letting the mysterious ship submerged into the horizon, disappearing into the Black Sea.

"Soon, we'll officially meet..." Barely making out his words through the movement of his mouth, I finally knew the identity of those people. It seemed that the Merchant Guild was correct. How resourceful...
The rewards are in the usual place. You really should have backwards mounted canons on that thing for this scenario. -AIEO
REWARDS AFTER YOU HAVE UPDATED TO EVALUATED~
Money: 40G

Vanus

Report - Solet' Luna

"Solet' Luna?" Eugene spoke as he frowned, looking over at me. After all, a strong E-ranked would almost always take note of their fellow adventurers.

The news of me being the Slivery Witch would have already come back to here, making the others looked at me in a strange way when they saw me. The blood in my hands was thick, and even more so when the pirates and witches exaggerated my rumours.

Slaughtering the entire fleet because they dared to look at me with their lustful gaze? Single-handedly froze a part of the Black Sea? Killing an entire crew? Well, the last one was real, but that didn't mean that the former two was legit. I wouldn't be here doing this quest if I could really do something like that.

"Let us get this over with." Without any hesitation, I channelled my Ice Magic and began to solidify the air around me. A cold, white mist formed around me, and spread across the arena, making its way to Eugene.

The man chanted something, and speck of lightning flashed past his figure, moving towards my direction. However, once the lightning entered my domain of fog, its direction twisted and turned, moving strangely before finally missing its target.

My domain of fog was under my precise control over Mana, and I could manipulate them so that the lightning would follow my desired direction. As a result, any magic-users that lacked control over their fired spells would never be able to fight against me. Of course, there were exceptions, like those that attack in the area of effect, or too fast and too exotic for me to comprehend their trajectory.

His hand continued to move, despite the previous failed attempt. This was the quality of the magic-user, the pursuers of truth. No matter how they failed, they would never give up, and continued to relentlessly grind their way to their peak. Although Eugene was a little silly to issue a challenge to something as petty as this, deep down, he just wanted to test his skills and pride.

A shiny geometrical shape floated above his head, creating and shooting out lightning continuously. he tried many different tactics, including manually controlling his lightning spells. However, his power paled in comparison to my mastery, which reigned supreme over the domain of fog.

In the end, he conceded as his Mana was running out, and he hadn't been able to move me even once.

"Great Magic-User, please, show me the extent of your power." His voice, although tired and soft, carried a hint of unyielding determination. it reminded me of myself.

"Watch carefully—" My sentence echoed around the fog as they span around me, forming a gigantic whirlpool that disrupted everything within the diameter of the arena.

The sky dimmed as rain manifested and fell around Eugene, creating cold winds and icy snowflakes. Little by little, the aged bricks and building turned bluish in shade, and icicles emerged from the solidified air, forming a frozen maze that trapped Eugene within its majesty.

"Ah— So close, yet so far away..." Overwhelmed and impressed by the display, Eugene finally let go and fainted due to his excessive usage of Mana.

After carrying him up to rest properly, I went to report this completion. I never bothered to humiliate him, as a respect to his determination as a fellow magic-user.
"I do not believe he was humiliated your presence seems to have been exaggerated far to much for that of course it's a good thing you didn't try that would almost certainly have left him dead anyway good job I guess that's 1 optional done." I shrug my shoulders do a little spin of a knife and throw the quest reward down in front of the perosn.
REWARDS AFTER MARKED AS EVALUATED:
Money: 75 G

(QUEST: EVALUATED)

> > >

Sponsor
Objectives
Description
So you think you're strong enough to be Rank E? Pfft~ Don't get too cocky just because you've beaten up a few goblins with a fancy sword!

If you want to be Rank E, prove to me that you can survive in the wilderness without your precious weapons. I'll be confiscating those for safekeeping~ You can have a knife instead. Much of the world is wilderness and filled with monsters, so you won't survive for long if you can't handle a simple camping trip~! Of course, there will be monsters as you make your journey through Gem's Ravine. How will you handle them?
At the end of the canyon, please climb Bighorn Mountain. A colony of Giant Kukuu Birds make their nests close to the peak. Kukuu Birds are known to kidnap eggs from other species and raise them as their own, so you'll find all sorts of random creatures wandering the mountain. Please retrieve an egg from a Giant Kukuu Nest and escape with it. You better keep it intact, or else you fail!

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day!
Reward
EXP:
Money:
30 G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
> > >
Tags: Gem's Ravine, Bighorn Mountain. Kukuu, Blue moon wolves, Ravine Crocodiles

• Sent to Gem's Ravine
  • Travel to Bighorn Mountain taking advantage of river ways
  • fished and ate fruit
  • observed the kukuus
  • Lost in thought, was unsure
  • Stole an egg that looked like stone
  • Returned to Scribel and delivered the egg.
Once Zorion declared that he'd like to take the promotion exam, a guild staff ushered him to a back room, he was given an iron knife and a set of civilian clothing, and was asked to prepare himself.

While he stripped and changed, he could not help but feel he was being watched. That made him wonder if he meant to be watched. He did not know. Regardless, he shook off the feeling and got ready for his journey.

The journey to the ravine had proved to be rewarding, having entered the northern forest many times doing hunting quests, escorts quests and procurement quests. The northern forest had become more like Zorion's backyard. He avoided animal dens he knows off and detoured from beastly territories. Animals' presences that once eluded him had become easily traced.

He journeyed hugging the streams towards the ravine, and having once made a fishing spear to hunt slime, he made one once again, only to use it to hunt what it was meant to, fish. The trip was relaxing, he swam, he ate, he hunted, but that all changed when he arrived at the ravine.

The journey was like a holiday, the ravine, it was time for work. Zorion had never been to the ravine before, not in the present nor in the "dream future". The canyon was a markedly more dangerous region.

The oranges in a trees at the entrance of the ravine mocked and jeered the Triton; telling him die over and over again, Hoping to get some information Zorion tried to threaten the fruits, even ate a few to bring them in line, but they just delighted in their friends' demise, psychopathic little things.

Decided to play to his strength Zorion stuck to the river, hoping the water would prove to be an easy escape if it was called for. But hopes were dashed when he discovered the river was the home for crocodile, and various serpents he had never seen. Zorion wondered if anywhere was safe in there.

And there was, not safe per say, but safer.

Zorion tracked on the bank of the river towards the mountain. While the Blue moon wolves prowled the forest, they only occasionally came to the river to drink. That mostly happened in the wee hours just before dawn. During those times Zorion slept shallowly on a tree he had ascended. He spent many night tied to a tree with some vines and twine. With the body of a Triton, he rested reasonably without the warmth of a fire.

The crocodiles did not leave the river and the wolves did not prowl the banks, that thin knife edge between two creatures' reach was Zorion's golden road. While he travelled he recalled the report of River foxes, so when he fished in places less populated with crocodiles, he kept vigilance for traces of such foxes, but strangely there was none. That made Zorion consider if the ecology of the ravine had changed due to the presence of adventures doing these "trials".

Although the path Zorion chose was "safe" he did not tread it in contempt, for friction between the river natives and the forest beasts did occur at times. He observed a few of these moments of friction, more than once he watched wolves' coveting the river waters and often they were successful. But on a few occasions, Zorion was brought out of his slumber by the sound of a great crocodile tearing into a wolf, or inversely, a pack of wolves with glowing moon crests on their heads, tearing into a great crocodile.

It was at one such moment, Zorion wondered, 'when did I stop being a warrior?'

He recalled all the quests he took recently, they were mostly tracking, procurement, and more tracking, the only time he picked up a weapon was that week he trained to get his city guard licence. Even when he was out to gather slime cores for the alchemy assistant quest, he was coddled by his friends. And he let them.

Was it because of that dragon? Or was it when I became a Triton? Was it before even that? ... Was it when I took those arrows to my back?

In times where he could be fighting, get better at it he had simply avoided it.

Have I become... cowardly? he asked himself. He realized something, as he inched closer and closer to the colony of the kukuus, he was once a squire, he learned to be a blacksmith, he had live as a scout in a dream world, he had used force to stand for what he believed in... but he had never liked to fight.

Could he ever become good at something he was so indifferent about? Power was survival in this world, but he had no love for it. He wished he loved it, but he didn't.

Once near the peak of the mountain, he found a nook on the cliff face, there he watched the birds, for three days he watched the Kukuus. He had thought to engineer an absence of the great birds with some sort of bait, with fish and fruit that he had. He had also thought to orchestrate a way to cripple or trap the bird.

But no, he just waited, watched, life as an adventurer had changed him. The trip up the ravine was marred by nature's solitude, of soul searching. The trip had seen to the dissipation of the recklessness and urgency he earned from the "dream of the future".

On the fourth day of watching, when the bird was absent he took the opportunity, he climbed closer to the nest but remained at a distance he found an array of eggs laid out within. They varied in sizes, some with sinister patterns, others were painfully plain. Also within were birds of various kinds and a few lizards as well. Taking one at random could have been easy, he hand to kill the young might even destroy the nest.

But he didn't, he simply left. Went back to the nook from whence he came. The eggs were huge, there was no way he could have descended the mountain with an egg of such a size in tow.

Will the eggs and the young have a scent? Will the Kukuu come a calling? Can I out run a Kukuu? Over cautiousness riddled his mind.

In the following days, he went on to examine three more Kukuu's nests. Only one had eggs only, and there he found an egg to his liking, an egg smaller than its brethren by at least half. Textured like stone, in fact it was as hard as stone, maybe it was stone, but it was shaped like an egg, certainly. He gripped the egg and smashed it against the cliff face.

Nigh indestructible, was it really an egg? He was not sure. But still he took it.

He pocked the egg under his shirt, secured tenuously with buttons. Then, he descended the mountain, he traced his agonizingly slow trail back out of the ravine. It was long, boring, but safe.

Once he bide farewell to the rather evil oranges, he leisurely travelled back to the city, hoping his stone egg would pass him his test.

But it did make him wonder how many other adventurers sneaked into the nest just as he did. Was there any other way? Of all the reports he had perused in the great library, they had all chosen to use the same method as he ultimately did.

Perhaps the egg was not the point, perhaps the ability to survive was enough, regardless of the validity of the egg.. He did not know. He realized, he was someone that could survive in the ravine and that give him some degree of pride.

Last edited:

Vanus

(QUEST: NOT YET EVALUATED)

> > >

Sponsor
Objectives
Description

Feeling confident yet? If you're not ready, come back and talk to me another day!
Reward
EXP:
Money:
30 G
Items:
Rank E Certificate
> > >
Tags: Gem's Ravine, Bighorn Mountain. Kukuu, Blue moon wolves, Ravine Crocodiles

• Sent to Gem's Ravine
  • Travel to Bighorn Mountain taking advantage of river ways
  • fished and ate fruit
  • observed the kukuus
  • Lost in thought, was unsure
  • Stole an egg that looked like stone
  • Returned to Scribel and delivered the egg.
Once Zorion declared that he'd like to take the promotion exam, a guild staff ushered him to a back room, he was given an iron knife and a set of civilian clothing, and was asked to prepare himself.

While he stripped and changed, he could not help but feel he was being watched. That made him wonder if he meant to be watched. He did not know. Regardless, he shook off the feeling and got ready for his journey.

The journey to the ravine had proved to be rewarding, having entered the northern forest many times doing hunting quests, escorts quests and procurement quests. The northern forest had become more like Zorion's backyard. He avoided animal dens he knows off and detoured from beastly territories. Animals' presences that once eluded him had become easily traced.

He journeyed hugging the streams towards the ravine, and having once made a fishing spear to hunt slime, he made one once again, only to use it to hunt what it was meant to, fish. The trip was relaxing, he swam, he ate, he hunted, but that all changed when he arrived at the ravine.

The journey was like a holiday, the ravine, it was time for work. Zorion had never been to the ravine before, not in the present nor in the "dream future". The canyon was a markedly more dangerous region.

The oranges in a trees at the entrance of the ravine mocked and jeered the Triton; telling him die over and over again, Hoping to get some information Zorion tried to threaten the fruits, even ate a few to bring them in line, but they just delighted in their friends' demise, psychopathic little things.

Decided to play to his strength Zorion stuck to the river, hoping the water would prove to be an easy escape if it was called for. But hopes were dashed when he discovered the river was the home for crocodile, and various serpents he had never seen. Zorion wondered if anywhere was safe in there.

And there was, not safe per say, but safer.

Zorion tracked on the bank of the river towards the mountain. While the Blue moon wolves prowled the forest, they only occasionally came to the river to drink. That mostly happened in the wee hours just before dawn. During those times Zorion slept shallowly on a tree he had ascended. He spent many night tied to a tree with some vines and twine. With the body of a Triton, he rested reasonably without the warmth of a fire.

The crocodiles did not leave the river and the wolves did not prowl the banks, that thin knife edge between two creatures' reach was Zorion's golden road. While he travelled he recalled the report of River foxes, so when he fished in places less populated with crocodiles, he kept vigilance for traces of such foxes, but strangely there was none. That made Zorion consider if the ecology of the ravine had changed due to the presence of adventures doing these "trials".

Although the path Zorion chose was "safe" he did not tread it in contempt, for friction between the river natives and the forest beasts did occur at times. He observed a few of these moments of friction, more than once he watched wolves' coveting the river waters and often they were successful. But on a few occasions, Zorion was brought out of his slumber by the sound of a great crocodile tearing into a wolf, or inversely, a pack of wolves with glowing moon crests on their heads, tearing into a great crocodile.

It was at one such moment, Zorion wondered, 'when did I stop being a warrior?'

He recalled all the quests he took recently, they were mostly tracking, procurement, and more tracking, the only time he picked up a weapon was that week he trained to get his city guard licence. Even when he was out to gather slime cores for the alchemy assistant quest, he was coddled by his friends. And he let them.

Was it because of that dragon? Or was it when I became a Triton? Was it before even that? ... Was it when I took those arrows to my back?

In times where he could be fighting, get better at it he had simply avoided it.

Have I become... cowardly? he asked himself. He realized something, as he inched closer and closer to the colony of the kukuus, he was once a squire, he learned to be a blacksmith, he had live as a scout in a dream world, he had used force to stand for what he believed in... but he had never liked to fight.

Could he ever become good at something he was so indifferent about? Power was survival in this world, but he had no love for it. He wished he loved it, but he didn't.

Once near the peak of the mountain, he found a nook on the cliff face, there he watched the birds, for three days he watched the Kukuus. He had thought to engineer an absence of the great birds with some sort of bait, with fish and fruit that he had. He had also thought to orchestrate a way to cripple or trap the bird.

But no, he just waited, watched, life as an adventurer had changed him. The trip up the ravine was marred by nature's solitude, of soul searching. The trip had seen to the dissipation of the recklessness and urgency he earned from the "dream of the future".

On the fourth day of watching, when the bird was absent he took the opportunity, he climbed closer to the nest but remained at a distance he found an array of eggs laid out within. They varied in sizes, some with sinister patterns, others were painfully plain. Also within were birds of various kinds and a few lizards as well. Taking one at random could have been easy, he hand to kill the young might even destroy the nest.

But he didn't, he simply left. Went back to the nook from whence he came. The eggs were huge, there was no way he could have descended the mountain with an egg of such a size in tow.

Will the eggs and the young have a scent? Will the Kukuu come a calling? Can I out run a Kukuu? Over cautiousness riddled his mind.

In the following days, he went on to examine three more Kukuu's nests. Only one had eggs only, and there he found an egg to his liking, an egg smaller than its brethren by at least half. Textured like stone, in fact it was as hard as stone, maybe it was stone, but it was shaped like an egg, certainly. He gripped the egg and smashed it against the cliff face.

Nigh indestructible, was it really an egg? He was not sure. But still he took it.

He pocked the egg under his shirt, secured tenuously with buttons. Then, he descended the mountain, he traced his agonizingly slow trail back out of the ravine. It was long, boring, but safe.

Once he bide farewell to the rather evil oranges, he leisurely travelled back to the city, hoping his stone egg would pass him his test.

But it did make him wonder how many other adventurers sneaked into the nest just as he did. Was there any other way? Of all the reports he had perused in the great library, they had all chosen to use the same method as he ultimately did.

Perhaps the egg was not the point, perhaps the ability to survive was enough, regardless of the validity of the egg.. He did not know. He realized, he was someone that could survive in the ravine and that give him some degree of pride.
"It's fine to be a coward if it keeps you alive. But when it endangers your life and those of others then it becomes a problem I've seen an account before one of the greatest commissars men who inspire fear and awe throughout their ranks deems himself a coward. This is a man who has stared down a corrupted space marine and lived to tell the tale because his men admired him and thought he was fearless and they were more scared of losing him then dying since his loss would inevitably increase the likelihood of their death." AIEO says whilst fiddling around with the egg for a bit. "You want this back or not?"
REWARDS:
Money: 30 G
Other:
Rank E certificate
Stone egg(optional(It may hatch))

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Evaluation
Un-evaluated
Well the problems of course started with the confiscation of weapons by the man he said that of course he deemed my clothing to be something strange and unusual so he told me to take it off and decided to supply his own clothing what a cheerful man. Of course he realised his mistake as soon as he poked his head around the corner of the stall to give me the clothing. Though he just wanted to take advantage himself it seems and hide it away on the actual quest because the clothing was luckily not revealing at all. Well more so luckily for others than myself I don't give a crap about them. However the annoyance was that it was fairly restricting compared to my usual wear and just a little tight oh well. Another receptionist came in smiling broadly threw a knife at me for some reason and said I was ready to go. Which I of course wasn't. I still had to go and grab my backpack to fit the egg in and grab the water skin along the way well that is about it that I need I can hunt for food along the way.

The time it took to walk to the northwestern region that is known as Gem's Ravine was quite a long time about 2 weeks or close enough to that to not matter so I guess I should have gone into this quest with my plan to get here sorted beforehand. I noted a scant few traces of the Skaven in the area it seemed they had been dragging off eggs of their own from the looks of the dirt here also my headaches where back in force because the skulls where deemed to be weapons by the priest who was surprised at their efficiency at with holding the daemon in my skull but oh well. I'd had to ingest a few to many poisons for my liking to reset the balance in my bodies delicate systems. The fucking Narthlecium was needed fast in my mind I might have to go borrow it from the kind doctors at this rate but oh well that would definitely have to wait until this was completed. The far more concerning thing was the damned Daemon it seemed it was of course giving me constant migraines and headaches but on the far more important side of things of course it's infection was spreading throughout the clothing and disappearing and the far more annoying but ever present hourly doom rung out from the things mouth and intermittent cackles of laughter I will be happy to be rid of these as soon as I return.

The egg I recovered from the mountain without any difficulty I timed it perfectly with when the damned beasts would be leaving the nest and a Skaven patrol was showing up those guys are everywhere in the mountain range now it seems I guess dwarfs will have to be extraordinarily careful wandering out of their city or have to clean up the Skaven again if they can. Anyway I got my egg bright red thing that it was and of course the daemon started working it's magic on the thing to make it purple I quickly got out of there placing the thing in the backpack and never touching it again the daemon was definitely having fun with the egg in the backpack but well that wasn't my problem whoever my receptionist was could deal with that or I'd deal with it permanently then and there.

The return journey was of course uneventful mostly because I didn't care to meet anyone though it also took about 2 weeks to make the journey back from the nesting place of the fuckers. Anyway all in all a successful if extraordinarily irritating job that I would not be repeating for some time. Oh also it was glowing at nights I think.
Forced into a change of clothing by a receptionist because he thought my thing was likely enough a weapon
Skulls removed from property would like those returned (Nightmares are an annoyance and corruption is faster and more painful)
May need some stronger poison soon.
Saw some Skaven stealing eggs.
Skaven traces scattered and minor throughout the place though easily mistaken for giant rats if you don't know what you are looking for. Probably should be looked into.
"Here you go receptionist here's the egg for you to examine as you can see it's been extremely heavily corrupted by the Daemon until it's a super sickly purple and glows I believe." I hand the egg over to the receptionist.
"Congratulations, Miss AIEO... I'll pass your report to the Guild, and we'll have to see how they'll handle it."

Rewards: 400 EXP, 30 G, Rank E Certificate, Random Egg (it might hatch!)

Vanus

Evaluated
> > >
Slime Subjugation [SC103]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G
  • Other: n/a
> > >
Okay so first of all I needed to see what exactly this new pet would eat. So I decided to take a slime quest so I could blame any damage on the slimes that I'd doubtlessly execute along the way. So I began sedately walking through the city so as to take in as much of the surroundings as I could the little thing propped up on my shoulder I didn't actually even know if it could survive that fall and well I didn't want to find out but it was to small to let it wander all across the floor willy nilly so floor it was.

Assertion: Slime trail detected extremely fresh leads to the rooftop
Conclusion: Likely wooden slime that has decided to nest on this rooftop here for a little bit of time I'll deal with that as fast as I can before moving on from here. Also may as well see it's reaction to the slimes acid since it seems to have some acidic properties of it's own from where it's lick melted a little of my skin. It also seems to be excessively hungry as after it licked me it tried to bite me but luckily I removed that threat for now. Anyway this thing was a pest and an annoyance but a great alleviator of stress as all cute things are compared to before I was in a better place.

On the rooftop I set the thing down and a little gobbet fired from the lump on it's back as the gobbet hit the slime it seemingly sunk into the slime and had a reaction with it melting away the outer layer slightly before it either neutralised itself or something else happened to stop it well that was a surprise though not an unwelcome one. I moved in close and grabbed the core out with my hand. Then I set the thing which I needed to name down beside the slime. It immediately dived in and begin eating the slime as if it's life depended on it.
Assertion: The creature has some resistance to corrosive attacks and has a small but extremely corrosive attack of it's own even at this young age.
Conclusion: Training will be required to manage it properly but it's not yet of sufficient size for this to be problematic. After all it was neutralised that fast by even the slime's acidic body.

After it had finished with it's meal I'd returned it to my shoulder somehow even with it's tiny body it had still been able to devour the entire slime though it seemed as if that was enough for the thing. Whilst I was walking along I was mostly focused on what exactly to name the creature after all it seemed to have an affinity to acid but it's attacked looked more like gobbets of burning lava rather than balls of acid that were flying through the air. I think I'll play the misleading card and call it a pyrovore of course it'd be named in low gothic rather than high gothic as who was time to do a name in that these days. In this tongue it'd translate into something such as fire eater I believe but no one needed to know that.

I'd rapidly exterminated nine more slimes after about an hour of walking through the city it seems that they had increased in amount again. What an annoyance these things could be and yet they seemed to move around so slowly when one actually met with them. Yet they some how made their way to every corner of the city when they weren't being watched. I'd also taken the liberty to use the back pack as a pouch to hold the dead remains of the slimes for my new little pet.
Assertion: The pyrovore has yet to be corrupted by the powers of the daemon that resides in my mind.
Conclusion: It has some natural defence against it likely from my own universe.
1584457992719.png
Attached is a description of where each slime was found
-2 on rooftops near the centre of the city (Wooden slimes)
-1 at the bottom of a barrel (Wooden slime)
-3 slimes in a small scale battle in the middle of a deserted alleyway(Alkaline slime)
-1 trying to escape from a sewer deposit point (sewer slime)
-1 slime entering the city from the southern gate (regular)
-1 slime entering the city by climbing the walls (stone slime)
-1 slime in a well(Water slime)
Named my new found pet as a pyrovore I doubt anyone will ever find any more of the things.
The thing is able to eat slimes relatively well it almost seems like their natural predator.

Last edited: