Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Tavern

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
*Pets* Miss Okarin, I will surely find my partner here *Sparkling eyes*. Now do you perchance know any young death knight?
Did someone say death knight? I haven't seen one since my last world. Of course, I no longer followed the code of the Lord, so worry not, undead one. I'm merely Luna's paladin.

Anyway, could you tell me about makeup? Luna is very interested in them. Aside from beautification magic, she did not know any natural beauty products. I still remember her face when she found out that you are an undead! You looked even better than us living!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Reason? I see where you're coming from, to you who has been able to use mana in your life since birth it might be the same as the sun and stars to you. Mystical but at the same time normal.

But to me it's different~ Mana only existed in fiction from where I'm from, it was nothing but an imaginative concept~ To me, it's a thrilling discovery, a heart-pounding new experience! It's like when those inland see the sea for the first time, or those that lived in caves see the sky for the first time. Those that have experienced something from the start probably won't understand the awe felt from those that have never even grasped the concept of something yet~

If you want a reason from me then it can only be to satisfy my burning curiosity!
Oh? It seems like there was some misunderstanding among us.

While I have been aware of the existence of magic since my early childhood, it is certainly not something I have been able to manipulate for that long, the goddess doesn't give her blessings to those unworthy or that do not align with her principles. It took me years at her temple to first start casting my simpler spells.

Even if I cannot understand what it feels to see what was once fiction become reality, I can certainly understand the feeling of seeing something that is seemingly unreachable now on the palm of your hands... And to that, I only thank the goddess, for she was the one that gave the gift that allows me to help people with magic.

But I suppose curiosity is not a sin by itself, for as long as you remember to not hazard your own safety for its sake that is.
I've always wondered, but what is that for?
It's a catalyst. By itself it serves no real purpose, but when executing a ritual, it serves as a focal point for my thoughts, and for the goddess' mana to flow through.

Even if you were to watch me dance, you'd probably notice nothing remarkable on the branch itself, but it's an important tool nonetheless.
:blob_teary: That's such a noble goal! I wish I could support you, but I don't really have moneh either!
You do not need to worry too much about it, for I only wish to spread the goddess' teachings to those that might be willing to hear them. Even without a temple, I'm sure I'll have the opportunity in due time.

For now, I'll keep following her teachings to the best of my capabilities though.
Actually I felt a little bad reading so many of these because I ran away from home on my own... yet so many people seem to have come here because they had no choice...

...I wonder if my mom misses me?
I am sorry to say it, but I hardly believe any parent would not be distressed if their child was to one day disappear... Alas, what you will do with that information is up to your own judgment.

Feathers95

Like usual, I was in the tavern eating my lunch whilst listening to the usual idle chit chat going on between the different members of the guild. It was always interesting to see how almost all adventurers gathered here so regularly, well, it was where we stayed afterall so I suppose it makes sense. There had been three different adventurers who had assessed my quest reports in the past, whom I had coincidentally noticed two of in the same tavern I was sitting in, the priestly kitsune and the curious slime-person.
Yo! Selling my enchantment services! Want elemental stuff on your weapon? Make leather armor as tough as iron? All of your enchanting needs will be under Ryzen's Enchantments!

You don't even have a floor mat as a stall...

Shut it!
Well, I was hoping to kind of... like... find a benefactor, per se... to kind of kick start my thing...

But don't worry! I am an honorable man who is true to his words and my benefactor will have a discounted price once I open shop! And that will be a free enchantment of their choosing!
However, what caught my attention was the mention of enchantments and benefactors! As someone who had too much gold on my person at the moment, with few places to spend it, as well as being a prior princess, I somewhat felt an innate need to splurge my money.

"Enchantments? I might be interested in lending you some gold, what enchantments can you do?" It would probably be good for me to invest in some shops, this city needs to grow... so that I have more places to spend my money! But of course, I need to know what I'm getting in to first...
:blob_pat_sad: A heartless betrayal! I... don't really know what to say!

Actually I felt a little bad reading so many of these because I ran away from home on my own... yet so many people seem to have come here because they had no choice...

...I wonder if my mom misses me?
"Don't worry about it, I'll definitely have my revenge someday. Not to mention it was my fault anyway."

"I'm sure she does! All the mothers I've encountered would've unreservedly given their all to their children if they could, especially mine haha. But do you miss her?"

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
Did someone say death knight? I haven't seen one since my last world. Of course, I no longer followed the code of the Lord, so worry not, undead one. I'm merely Luna's paladin.

Anyway, could you tell me about makeup? Luna is very interested in them. Aside from beautification magic, she did not know any natural beauty products. I still remember her face when she found out that you are an undead! You looked even better than us living!
"Luna's? so already taken huh," I muttered.
"It is all about getting the perfect blend! A bit of powdered bone does help for getting a good enough skin colour. Applying it, I am afraid, is more of an art, something I cannot convey easily y'know? I can give Luna a perfect makeover anytime she wants."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Oh boy... is it time for Okarin to receive "the talk"?
*blushes* You can teach me?

D: *is heartbroken by that smile*

*Pets* Miss Okarin, I will surely find my partner here *Sparkling eyes*. Now do you perchance know any young death knight?
I don’t! What is a death knight like, by any chwncr

Sure! Can you read this bad excuse for scribbles and handwriting within though?
:blob_dizzy: On second thought...

I am sorry to say it, but I hardly believe any parent would not be distressed if their child was to one day disappear... Alas, what you will do with that information is up to your own judgment.
Miss Nene, have you heard of Shield Spiders? Their queens can lay hundreds of eggs in a day! :blob_dizzy:

As for myself... um... I lost track of the number of siblings I have. Mom was really productive you know... always busy and stuff... Sometimes I wonder if Mom noticed that I’m not there anymore or if it’s just assumed that I got eaten like the other half of my siblings. :sweat_smile:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"I'm sure she does! All the mothers I've encountered would've unreservedly given their all to their children if they could, especially mine haha. But do you miss her?"
That’s um... :blob_pat_sad: I’m sorry! I don’t really want to talk about it! :sweat_smile: Maybe some other time?

"Don't worry about it, I'll definitely have my revenge someday. Not to mention it was my fault anyway."
That said, you seem so mature! I really admire your ability to recognize your shortcomings and grow from them! It’s really cool!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Miss Nene, have you heard of Shield Spiders? Their queens can lay hundreds of eggs in a day! :blob_dizzy:

As for myself... um... I lost track of the number of siblings I have. Mom was really productive you know... always busy and stuff... Sometimes I wonder if Mom noticed that I’m not there anymore or if it’s just assumed that I got eaten like the other half of my siblings. :sweat_smile:
I'm afraid I don't know much about the reproductive habits of races like yours.

I am certainly unaware of the effects that large amounts of children have in the child-parent relationship, though I prefer to assume that a bond is still created, even if with not as much strength as it does in families with a smaller family size.

Feathers95

That’s um... :blob_pat_sad: I’m sorry! I don’t really want to talk about it! :sweat_smile: Maybe some other time?
"No no, of course, you don't have to say anything you don't want to! I apologize for prying!"
That said, you seem so mature! I really admire your ability to recognize your shortcomings and grow from them! It’s really cool!
"Haha, thank you! But it's really not deserved... it took me years to finally face the facts and change myself. I used to be super prideful and stubborn, so at first, I blamed everyone else but myself" :sweat_smile:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I don’t! What is a death knight like, by any chwncr
"They are this Super Cold and Handsome Knights in Pure Black Obsidian Armour who are always true to their ideals. They ride this Spectral Horses and wield huge weapons around in battle. Just imagine a Knight in black approach you on his horse with frigid wind blowing behind him. There he gets off it and lays his lance to rest. He approaches you and takes your hand kissing it while declaring his love as he hands you a Frozen living heart!! So romantic!!! That exposed shoulder bone, those deep abyss eyes, that infernal aura....," I imagine as I drool over my imagined knight.
I carry on, " Death maidens are the female knights. They just look.... stunning. Charcoal Nails and Long flowing white hair. Imagine as she carries me in her arms, her lamp-black covered eyes lock for eternity with mine and her red lips approaching mine.....," I stop talking to try to control my imagination.

Zoey

Mustachu
Sure~ can I head over to your place tommorow then?

OOC: I wasn't actually expecting Okarin to accept his offer o.O WHAT DO I DO
OOC: isn't Okarin like five? I mean things might be different over in slime town, but you know five is a pretty big no no.

kilnareth

Like usual, I was in the tavern eating my lunch whilst listening to the usual idle chit chat going on between the different members of the guild. It was always interesting to see how almost all adventurers gathered here so regularly, well, it was where we stayed afterall so I suppose it makes sense. There had been three different adventurers who had assessed my quest reports in the past, whom I had coincidentally noticed two of in the same tavern I was sitting in, the priestly kitsune and the curious slime-person.
However, what caught my attention was the mention of enchantments and benefactors! As someone who had too much gold on my person at the moment, with few places to spend it, as well as being a prior princess, I somewhat felt an innate need to splurge my money.

"Enchantments? I might be interested in lending you some gold, what enchantments can you do?" It would probably be good for me to invest in some shops, this city needs to grow... so that I have more places to spend my money! But of course, I need to know what I'm getting in to first...

I looked at the newcomer who was interested in the offer I just made.

It actually worked! I thought to myself. In contrast to my confident facade, I was actually anxious that no one would ever invest in someone like me. After all, I look like any other guy you would see down the street with little to no reputation to my name. This moneymaker- I mean, angel in disguise was exactly what I needed!

"Oh, only the finest of enchantments, my dear lady!" I said as I continued my facade with a smug. "In fact, my way of enchanting is unlike any that you have seen and I can assure that they are more efficient when it comes to mana consumption. If you want, I can provide you a temporary enchantment to really see the beauty of what you are investing in!" I tried to talk my way through to the gal like a merchant eyeing a potential investment but unfortunately for me, I've never met a merchant and I've never sold something before in my life...

God I hope she doesn't see through my act...

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Sure~ can I head over to your place tommorow then?

OOC: I wasn't actually expecting Okarin to accept his offer o.O WHAT DO I DO
whoa, whoa there, aren't you 15 yourself, ototo-kun?

OOC: you can just verbally explain it the way you would to a child you know

Moshi

...So you lied on your registration? And what do you mean by technically

I didn't lie...

OOC: I fixed my signature. It was just less confusing than having two ages on it, but my post in the registration thread has always had the info.

Last edited: