Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Sorry if I didn’t make this clear, I meant what if the person who posted the NPC on the forum was offine for a while, and their character was important in several stories.
Ahh, I see! If they're that important, it makes sense to create a Library page for them.

Otherwise maybe someone can adopt the NPC (although ideally it would be best to check with the original creator because one day the creator might end up coming back).

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
Tch, peasant while you were gone I've managed to write an impressive 1240 words! You're practically in the dust!

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
Ahh, I see! If they're that important, it makes sense to create a Library page for them.

Otherwise maybe someone can adopt the NPC (although ideally it would be best to check with the original creator because one day the creator might end up coming back).
Or maybe if it been long enough, a person could quote the data card and put in updated information.

Way

I should reply to the stuff in here, lots of fun stuff I missed while agonizing over Iberian Greatsword and being busy Orz
Do you have any ideas to circumvent some of the flaws? Such as people needing a current data card of a NPC while the poster is gone, because sometimes people don’t touch SHF for a couple weeks (as seen on my activity page).
Communism, obviously!

Jokes aside, I suggest an actual co-ownership system for important NPCs that have appeared in multiple stories, for example, Sir Gawrgaru is idol #1, so he's practically public property already. Of course, while they will differ slightly from person to person, as long as the broadstrokes match up and remains true to the spirit of the character, it should be fine. Always can have the original owner/ other co-owners to weight in if an interpretation of a NPC's character seems odd.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
On a random side note, I have 1342 messages in the OOC Room of AG v3 and 220 messages on the OOC Room of AGSA~

If AG counted for the sake of message count, I'd be #1 in the Notable Members lists just from the OOC Rooms~

... AG Tag should make threads count for message count, they should be an special exception... *pouts*

*wants to get 1st place in Scribbly's leaderboards*
*doesn't wanna dedicate myself to the grind to get there*

fyrre

On a random side note, I have 1342 messages in the OOC Room of AG v3 and 220 messages on the OOC Room of AGSA~

If AG counted for the sake of message count, I'd be #1 in the Notable Members lists just from the OOC Rooms~

... AG Tag should make threads count for message count, they should be an special exception... *pouts*

There's a leaderboard.... ?

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades

Wait, I thought this is a casual forum….when did it became rank???

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Here: https://forum.scribblehub.com/members/
View attachment 8647
Saw this while on NU. Not considering it but I just wanted to ask if yall think it's worth it. Like... 1 dollar per chapter?
No, it's slave wage. I know people that work at sites well-known for paying little that gain 8-10$/chapter while using mainly MTL and Dictionaries to make their translations work. And they don't need to work with a schedule as absurdly tight as 3 chapters/day.

This guy is unlikely to get anyone to work for him... It's just way too much of an absurd request.

Like, he could get some hobbyists that want to train their language skills if there wasn't a 3 chapters/day request, but... That's just too much. Editing MTL into a readable text can easily take 1-2h, and you don't wanna spend 6h working to get 3$. There are better offers in the fantranslation market.

... And as a bonus, they don't mention their average chapter length, so it could take even longer to translate if their chapters are like 4000-6000 characters long. I was working with the assumption of 2000-4000 characters for the 1-2h number.
Wait, I thought this is a casual forum….when did it became rank???
*points gun* It always has been a competitive forum~
NUF (SHf’s parent) is a frightening place with stab stabbies and betrayal everywhere :blobspearpeek:
Teeheehee~?